Complications~Grey's Anatomy

By wandamaxilover

Gisele Shepherd hadn't seen her big brother for a few years, so she decided it was time for a visit. During t... More

IMPORTANT
Prologue
Brand New Beginning
First Day
Bad Blood
The Face of Change
Hard Bargain
This Is Why We Fight
Transplant Wasteland
Idle Hands
She's Killing Me
Sleeping Monster
Do You Believe in Magic
Readiness Is All
Perfect Storm
Seal Our Fate
I Want You With Me
Puttin' on the Ritz
I Bet It Stung
Map of You
Somebody That I Used to Know
Get Up, Stand Up
Take It Back
Change of Heart
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Fear (of the Unknown)
Puzzle With a Piece Missing
Got to Be Real
Bend and Break
Don't Let's Start
Could We Start Again, Please?
Risk
All I Could Do Was Cry
The Distance
When I Grow Up
How to Save a Life
She's Leaving Home: Part 1
She's Leaving Home: Part 2
You're My Home
Sledgehammer
Walking Tall
I Choose You
Old Time Rock and Roll
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
The Me Nobody Knows
Something Against You
A Good Friend of Mine
Home Sweet Home
The Sound of Silence: Part l
The Sound of Silence: Part II
The Sound of Silence: Part III
Swimming in Miami
Keep Me In Your Heart
Odd Man Out
I Am Not Waiting Anymore
When It Hurts So Bad
I Wear the Face
There's a Fine, Fine Line
It's Alright, Ma (I'm only bleeding)
It's Alright, Ma (I'm only bleeding) II
Trigger Happy
You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
Show In a Mysterious Desert
Mama Tried
At Last
Family Affair
Famiky Affair III
Babymoon
La Dolce Vita
Braxton Hicks
Stay With Me
She Can't Be Dead
Amelia's Arrival
Weed, Wine, and Sushi
Naming Advice
What Happened?
Chirurgia and Yacht Parties
Out of Hospital
Packing Up
Emergency Landing
New York, New York
Detour
Diagnosis
Back in Seattle
SOS
Undo
News

Family Affair II

1.4K 55 13
By wandamaxilover

24 weeks

EMMY HAD TO BREAK INTO A LIGHT JOG JUST TO CATCH UP TO GIGI, for a woman that's twenty-four weeks pregnant Gisele sure did walk fast.

When she finally caught up to her, Emmy grabbed her wrist, gently stopping her from walking, "Where are you going?"

Gisele shrugged, truly not knowing where she was going or what she want to do, "I don't know. I'm just tired."

"Okay, lets find a sleeping room—"

"You mean an on call room." Gisele corrected.

"Same thing."

Rapid footsteps caught up to them, "Where are you guys going?" Jo asked, falling into step with them, "Today, we shouldn't even be in the hospital. That's why its called a day off."

"She's tired." Emmy said.

"Fine," Jo groaned, "You get a two hour nap and then we're out of here."

Arizona had gone to the viewing room for a better look at Gisele's ultrasound. She wanted to be totally prepared for the surgery, she was so focused she hadn't heard the door open and close.

"Is that Gigi's?" Jackson asked, he read the patients name on the file. Shepherd, G. There was only one Shepherd, G that he knew of and that would be Gisele.

"Yes, it is. She had an appointment today."

"How did it go?"

Exhaling heavily, she motioned for him to take a seat next to her, "You might want to sit."

That made him nervous, so he sat down, "Is something wrong? Gisele's okay though, right?"

"Gisele's fine, everything g with her is great."

He frowned, that meant something was wrong with the babies, "But something is wrong with the babies."

Arizona nodded, "Yes. Everything with Gisele is mostly fine, I'm a little cautious of her glucose levels but it's nothing too alarming. The TTTS between baby b and c had gotten worse so I'm planning on doing surgery soon."

He exhaled, this pregnancy was just one complication after another and it was mostly all his fault. He felt horrible that Gisele had to go through it, "How soon?"

    "Today-ish, Gisele's just taking a nap. But you two should get together and figure out a birth plan." Arizona suggested.

    "How likely that the babies are born today?"

     "Not likely, but triplets are usually born at thirty six weeks, that's eleven weeks away. On this case, I'm guessing they'll come earlier with all the complications."

    "I'll try."

He leaves her in the room and goes to search for Gisele. He practically searched every room in the hospital and was almost convinced she had gone home, then he spotted her sitting at one of the picnic tables in the courtyard. Of course, she was accompanied by Emilia and Jo.

He went over to them and hesitantly interrupted their conversation, "Hey," all three of them looked up at him, "Can I talk to you?"

Emmy and Jo looked over at Gisele, waiting on  her lead.

Gisele inhaled deeply, mentally preparing herself for an inevitable fight that always happened when they spoke, "Sure." She motioned to the open seat across from her.

Jackson had expected Jo and Emilia to leave them alone to have their conversation it sighed out when they stayed, "Uh, can you guys leave us—"

Gisele cut him off, she needed her friends there to be buffers, "They can stay."

   "Okay then," Jackson mumbled to himself as he sat down, "The babies are going to be here in 8 weeks—"

"I think she know that Jackson." Jo said.

"I just want to know the plan for when you go into labo—"

    "The plan is Arizona will put me under and do her thing," that earned her concerned looks from everyone at the table including Emmy, "The babies will be born, after that then you can see them."

Jackson frowned, from what she had just implied that meant he wouldn't be there to see his children being born and that made his blood boil, "Wait, you don't want me in the room when my kids are being born?"

   "Exactly."

    "Why? I have every right to see my kids come into the world."

Gisele rolled her eyes, "So, they're coming out of my body."

Usually, Emmy would speak up and defend Gigi but this situation was getting messy. It'd be different if Jackson was some deadbeat baby daddy then she would speak her mind and say he had no right and Gigi owned him nothing, but it was clear that he did care and was trying to be involved.

Jo leaned closer to Emmy and whispered, "Should we... intervene?"

Emmy shook her head before brining her drink up to her lips and taking a long slow sip, "No."

"Why would it even matter to you," with each word, Jackson's voice rose in volume, "You just said you want to be out under general."

"You are not the one giving birth Jackson. I am," Gisele said, "It's my choice to do what I want. Besides, I don't want you there during the delivery."

"I have every right to be there for my kids!"

"The only people who are going to in the room are Emmy. Jo and my sister are more than welcomed to be there if they don't have any surgeries. I'm just not comfortable with you there."

Jo had choked on her drink and was having a coughing fit, Emmy patted her in the back to aid her, "Wait, what?" Jo wasn't sure Gigi would want her on the deceivers room, sure they were close but ever since Gigi had gotten pregnant and Emmy had come to town, her and Gigi weren't as close as they used to be, "You want me there?"

Gisele nodded, "I sort of expect you there, you only get a pass if you're in the middle of surgery," she looked over at her childhood best friend, "You have no option."

"You know I'm there." Emmy stated.
Amelia smiled: I am there

Jackson scoffed, "So all of a sudden you're mot comfortable with me. Because you sure did seem comfortable with me when we mad—"

"Okay, that's enough," Jo cut him off, "Maybe you should go." She suggested.

He ignored her, "I'll get a court order."

"Go ahead, but my right to privacy is more important than your right to see my babies birth." Gisele said.

"Our. Our babies." Jackson gritted through his teeth.

Gisele blankly stared at him, "You can watch from the gallery. We'll have a couple minutes with them before someone takes them to you, or you see them in the NICU."

Gisele's phone went off, it was a text from Arizona and the blonde wanted to meet with her again, "Arizona wants to see me... again." Gisele stood up, followed by Jo and Emmy, "We can maybe discuss this later." She said, headed for the doors.

Jackson hastily got up, trying to catch up with them, "I'm gonna be there too."

Gisele sighed, she honestly was tired of arguing, "Whatever."

The group made it to Arizona's office. They sat down in front of the fetal surgeon.

    "I strongly believe you should have the surgery today. I have an opening right now."

"Right now? That seems a bit hasty." Jo said.

"I mean, there's a slot open tomorrow but it's progressing quickly."

"I'd rather just get it over with." Gisele said, she knew the longer you waited with ttts the more complications surfaced with both mom and baby and that's the last thing she needed right now.

"Great."

"I've come up with a birth plan," Gisele announced, "There's no plan except to go with the flow and for you to put me under general anesthesia."

Jackson protested, "No."

Arizona looked over at Jackson in disbelief, she then looked back to Gisele, "I am not putting you under general unless absolutely necessary."

Gisele sighed, she already knew Arizona would protest but she could dream, "I was only kidding... slightly."

Jackson inhaled deeply, wanting to contain his anger. He couldn't understand why she was picking fights when he was trying, "If it was a joke, why didn't you just say that?"

"I didn't want to."

Arizona stood from her desk, speaking before the two could argue again, "Okay, so you head over to pre op and I'll meet you in the OR."

NOTES

Gigi and Jackson fighting again, yes. Why? Cause I love the drama 🤷‍♀️ It's gonna get worse before it gets better

PSA: They will be fighting a lot more. It might even get a tad bit repetitive. And Jackson might be/say things that are uncharacteristic but I wrote most of the outlines and plot points during quarantine and I'm too lazy to rewrite them.

In the beginning of the writing process Gisele wasn't going to end up pregnant by every time I rewrite it I got stuck and had writers block and wanted to give up on this. Then wrote this version and writing it was easier. Am I mad at myself about it, a little because it's such a cliché but it's better than leaving this book unfinished

So if you don't like it don't read it 🤷🏽‍♀️

PEOPLE I NEED BABY NAME SUGGESTIONS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.3K 45
When Max moved to Seattle, Chloe was on her own. Until Rachel Amber came into her life. But can she rescue Chloe from being the wreck that she is?
6.2K 496 29
Amelia Shepherd moves to Seattle after divorcing her husband Ryan after their relationship went sour. She's fragile and scared, and super protective...
27.2K 657 41
Escaping from her so called past life, Callie Torres decided to move to Seattle to somehow rebuild her life. Along the way, she meets people who soon...