Dragon Ball: The Galactic Sei...

By ShadyFellow

An unknown being has entered Universe 7 and is now on a galactic rampage. It is up to Goku and Vegeta to go s... More

Chapter 1: Not who it seems
Chapter 2: Earth matters
Chapter 3: Answer me now, cat!
Chapter 4: Amongst friends and family
Chapter 6: Gauging the Kin
Chapter 7: Stress Testing
Chapter 8: Applying more pressure
Chapter 9: Inhuman Edge
Chapter 10: Expoit all options
Chapter 11: Did we win?
Chapter 12: Weighing our Priorities
Chapter 13: Is it a bird?
Chapter 14: A scheme always at play.
Chapter 15: Just what we need
Chapter 16: Alliance or something else
Chapter 17: Work with us
Chapter 18: Duties
Chapter 19: Rematch
Chapter 20: The Destroyer and the Collector
Chapter 21: Things that needed to happen.
Chapter 22: About time we left.
Chapter 23: shake it off.
Chapter 24: Welcome Party
Chapter 25: 4v1, Good Odds.
Chapter 26: This was the plan?
Chapter 27: Trick of the Trade
Chapter 28: Tides always shift
Chapter 29: Improvise
Chapter 30: A disperate act
Chapter 31: Hold your ground
Chapter 32: Too much at once
Chapter 33: Crash Course
Chapter 34: Scramble
Chapter 35: Puppet Strings
Chapter 36: Come to my Sied
Chapter 37: From dust to Ash, and again
Chapter 38: Grave digger
Chapter 39: Higher Plain
Once Again
Chapter 40: Boiling Point
Chapter 41: Another Perspective Part 1

Chapter 5: A Mere Fraction

32 2 0
By ShadyFellow

On a distant planet, a civilization of humanoid foxes was going about their usual matter. Some trivial, but to them it was the end of the world. Looking upon these simple beings, they didn't have much, just a few cities that had some measure of technology. Enough to have light, running water and vehicles, this was a step to prosperity, if it were to last, sadly what is to come, will cut that short.

"Sir, I am picking up a strange signal coming off an asteroid."

The commander looked at his subordinate confused, "If it's an asteroid is shouldn't have a signal. Double check that Cadet."

The cadet keyboard began clacking, "It looks like an asteroid sir. But it's giving off the signal of an incoming ship. What to do?"

"Cadet did you just hear the dribble you just spat! How an asteroid giving off the signal of a ship?" The Commander approaches the cadet, looking at his screen. "Hmmm, you're not off. Keep an eye on that. Cadet 68, get me a clear image on Cadet 791 anomaly."

"Yes sir!"

An image appears on the big screen, it was just that, an asteroid. The commander scratches his head, "Hmmm, this hunk of nothing tripping off the system. It's nothing."

"Should I send a signal back sir?"

"No. I don't want to risk our planet because of some strange rock." The commander put his hand behind his back, making an about turn to leave the room.

Alarms then went off, the light shift to a stark red.

"What in blue mushrooms is going on!?!"

Each cadet frantically type, searching what caused the alarm to go off.

"Sir. The asteroid is on a collision course with our planet."

"Was it always?"

"No sir." Cadet 68 replied, "it was just sending signal, and was on a different path. Now it shift suddenly."

"Why?"

The cadet gasp, "Someone send a signal."

"What The- " the commander was furious, his nostrils fleared. The hair on his tail stood in end, "Who the hell send that signal, when I specifically said not to."

He scan the roof to see if anyone was looking suspicious, the he call them out from the stations, they all stood in a line, at attention saluting. None of the Cadets present acted in any usual way, he march between them, then pull up his walkie talkie, "this is Commander Nonis, I need another watch tower to see about the on coming threat. Operation Gairl zomea."

They respond, and gave him the alright.

"Now I don't know which one of you Skunks is a traitor. But trust me, I will go to any lengths to find out who, and make sure you pay for your sins."

"No need to" a distorted voice came from the big screen. Follow by three circles, coloured purple with a line connecting them together.

The commander scoff, "A virus eh. Smart, but not smart enough."

"No, very smart. Even if any one of them infected the system. Who is to say they are within this room. Or even in your military, city, county, country, continent, planet, solar system, galaxy. Maybe even the same universe."

"Our system is the best there is. Nothing on this planet can by pass our firewall."

"You are right about that."

The commander proudly retort, "Of course I am, that's why you ain't going to do much. Whatever access you have is limited, maybe civilian level at best. So good luck with your scheme."

"I don't need your inferior systems. As you can see, an asteroid is heading to your world. I am in control of it path, let's just say, if I were you. I would do anything in my power to prevent me from crashing."

With a smirk, the command took that as an invitation. Ordering the cadets to man their stations, barking orders. Systems were being put in place to shoot down the asteroid whenever it reaches in range of their planet defense system, the cannons being armed, the word got out to the population the incoming danger, thought they brush it off. Almost every month there is an asteroid warning, yet they seemingly never come anywhere close to the planet, only if they knew that this one was not to be taken lightly.

This news causes an up tick of  online activity. People sharing the news, texting one another jokes and memes about how it's nothing serious. Others believe it's just another means for the government to keep them under more control, to survey them better, and keep count of all who's on the planet. In the shadow of their web, an eye peer into their bickering, gathering information on their everyday life, banks, all the luxuries of life. However this intruder was not interested in the mundane, instead it sought out war history, weapons manufacturing and energy sources. It quickly used all that it had available to its advantage, especially now that the word of a possible traitor is running along the military channels. He also activates their mechs, destroying their bases and weapons, the ones he deemed, useless.

Brainiac found that they have hulking ships with hidden hangers, their purpose didn't concern him, only that they are functional, which they were. In another factory, Brainiac uses robotic arms to assemble himself a new body. 

"Didn't I tell you to shut it down!" a worker scream.

The other one frantically presses buttons, then slamming his fist on the console, "It's not working, not even the emergency shut down." 

They both then look at what was being assembled and they were horrified, the two panic since it didn't match any of the files they had prior.

"We have to stop in manually before it receives a core."

They ran through the factory, breaking every rule in the process just to insure their survival. On the speakers, Brainiac taunts them, saying that their efforts will be in vain, and it's best they submit to his might. They pay him no mind, which he reacts by having one of the spare robotic arms swing in front of one, it knocks him over throwing him to the floor.

"Don't worry about me, stop whatever this is."

Mass hist-era fills the once calm atmosphere, now everyone on the planet begins to panic as all of their devices had Brainiac voice speech coming through. Rouge mechs rampage through the streets, killing those who try to resist, massive ships that they had no idea existed floats over the cities, jets get shot down but their own anti air defense, all of this while the sky shifts colour from the oncoming asteroid.

The factory worker made it to the core installation section, they pry open the hatch entering it with ease. They made it, the rush toward the manual controls, fighting with the electronics to prevent the worse, sweat dripping from their brow as the tug and pull back with all their weight, cursing at how much there arms hurt.

The sound of metal getting shred got there attention, they then look at where the sound came from. Three robots, the design they are used to, rips the hatch open. They swarm them, slapping them away from the control, one pin them to the floor, crushing their arm, causing them to cry out in pain. The machine revokes the manual control, reverting to the normal procedure as the core slowly enters the strange machine that the factory was being forced to hobble together. 

It turns around to face them, its eyes glow menacingly, then dropping a knee before their face. "As you can see. I can very easily take control of your machines....." light came from behind it, humming and whirring, light then began to pulse. The robotic arm got ripped off from its place, heavy metallic footsteps approach, then the stooping robot got torn in half, while the machine stood before them, its chest re-adjusting to hide the core. "My design, is significantly better."

Back at the watch tower, the command was dumbfounded by how quickly his world fell into chaos. The symbol appears on the screen, mocking him just with his presence, commander bow his head in shame at what happened, unable to grasp what had played out before him, he watched as the only means of his people survival was flying away in space, filled with nothing but machines and weapons. His subordinates also felt the sting of defeat, they didn't even put up a fight at all, then Brainiac spoke.

"Do not worry commander. For I am giving you a merciful end. Others I have made them suffer for millennia, I watched generations rise and fall then rise again by my whim. for you. Instant."

The commander choked on his word, struggling to get it out of his throat, "A-and, what do you gain from this?" he ask sheepishly.

Brainiac respond coldly, "Knowledge. That's what I gain."

He was disappointed in the answer, insulted that his home, his people, they were slaughtered for nothing more than the knowledge they have acquired, he spew insults at the screen, unleashing his rage, a last ditch attempt to snatch control. "You did all this, wasted all these resources for knowledge, you are a fool. A weak fool."

The asteroid grew larger in the sky, it came close enough, entering the atmosphere.

Brainiac then said, "As much I wanted to leave you with some dignity, I guess I shall drop that. Seeing that you want to play games." The wires from the terminals came to life, creating a humanoid shape that stood before the commander, "All that I did...." it grabs the commander collar, sparking where eyes should be on its form, "...Was a mere fraction of my power. Since as we speak, I am doing the same to another low life."

With his final word said, the asteroid landed, destroying the planet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

842 20 18
Cyrus's Plan to create a new world failed and the world was destroyed as a result, Ash and Paul's souls were lost but thanks to Whis, they now live a...
6.1K 163 40
After the destroyer God Beerus destroyed his home the young saiyan Gohan was thrust into an entire new universe, now a Saiyan God Gohan struggles to...
23.1K 193 29
Months pass since Beerus the God of Destruction went to earth and fought The Super Saiyan God Goku...Whis decided to train Goku allowing Vegeta to co...
343K 6.1K 64
This story is a remake to my Redemption story, with some new stuff added and some stuff changed.