Every New Beginning... (Chris...

belleofmarvel tarafından

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginnings End I'd have been completely fine, living in my littl... Daha Fazla

.1.
.2.
.3.
.4.
.5.
.6.
.7.
.8.
.9.
.10.
.11.
.12.
.13.
.14.
.15.
.16.
.17.
.18.
.19.
.20.
.21.
.22.
.23.
.24.
.25.
.26.
.27.
.28.
.29.
.30.
.31.
.32.
.33.
.34.
.35.
.36.
.37.
.38.
.39.
.40.
.41.
.42.
.43.
.44.
.45.
.46.
.47.
.48.
.49.
.50.
.51.
.52.
.53.
.54.
.55.
.56.
.57.
.58.
.59.
.60.
.61.
.62.
.63.
.64.
.65.
.66.
.67.
.68.
.69.
.70.
.71.
.72.
.73.
.74.
.75.
.76.
.77.
.78.
.79.
.80.
.81.
.82.
.83.
.84.
.85.
.86.
.87.
.88.
.89.
.90.
.91.
.92.
.93.
.93.
.94.
.95.
.96.
.97.
.98.
.99.
100
.102.
.103.
.104.
.105.
.106.
.107.
.108.
.109.
.110.
.111.
.112.
.113.
.114.
.115.
.116.
.117.
.118.
.119.
.120.
.121.
.122.
.123.
.124.
.125.
.126.
.127.
.128.
.129.
.130.
.131.
.132.
.133.
.134.
.135.
.136.
.137.
.138.
.139.
.140.
.141.
.142.
.143.
.144.
.145.
.146.
.147.
.148.
.149.
.150.
.151.
.152.
.153.
.154.
.155.
.156.
.157.
.158.
.159.
.160.
.161.
.162.
.163.
.164.
.165.
.166.
.167. ~FINAL~

.101.

316 27 3
belleofmarvel tarafından

Cloud 9 is really an incredible place to be.

  I find myself unable to wipe the cheesy smile off of my face as Chris introduces me to some of his fellow officers, all of them giving congratulations to the both of us. 

  "Gotta say, I'm surprised, Evans." Cooper tells him as he offers up a handshake. 

  I can feel the irritation radiating off of Chris as he glares back at Cooper. "Why do you say that Coop?" He crosses his arms against his chest, his stance wide. My right hand rests on his arms while my left caresses his back, trying to keep him in check. 

  "Can't believe Spencer and his Misses let you steal their thunder." Chris releases a breath and relaxes his stance.

  "It was partially their idea," he says looking down at me with a gentle smile.

  "Really?" I ask, shocked by this revelation. He gives a small nod before I tell him I'll find him in a few minutes. 

  I survey the bar, turning my head and body around until I locate Laura. She's not alone, but sitting at a table with Lily and Rae. She gives a little wave when I catch her eye. I walk over slowly, completely taken aback by what Chris mentioned. 

  "I can't believe you," I say as I plop into the chair across from Laura. 

  Her eyes look panicked, darting over to Rae and Lily, attempting to figure out what I could be referencing. "I'm sorry?" she says preemptively with a shrug.

  "This is suppose to be your night, Laura. And yet it was part of your idea for Chris to propose tonight?" Now Lily and Rae are both looking at her stunned.  "That's why you were so insistent about finding a dress, and the pampering today."

  Before Laura can respond it's Lily who speaks up. "That's quite out of character for you. You feeling alright?"

  "A girl can change, can't she?" Laura asks, innocently with a smirk. 

  "You didn't have to though. You know that, right?" I tell her. My heart swells at the gesture because it's definitely not like her to act this way. "I mean, I'm already carrying around your kidney."

  "I've got a few things to make up for," she says with a wink. "One being the fact that I tried to move in on Chris when I should've noticed you were interested. So, do you accept my apology?"

  I chuckle before tossing up my left hand. "I guess so," I say wiggling my fingers around, proudly showing off my newest accessory. We all move our hands to the middle of the table, clasping one another. 

  These women are my family.

  "Hello again, future Mrs. Sergeant Evans," Pops says, smiling at me as he slips into the chair next to me.

  "Can't believe you kept all of this from me Old Man," I tease at him, resting my left hand in his open hand that sits against the table. 

  "It was worth it, Ope." He lifts my hand in his, staring intently at the diamond that sparkles on my finger. "Looks good, sweetheart. I'm proud of you."

  I smile back at him, attempting to not start crying again. Thankfully we're interrupted by Lisa and Robert joining us. "You about ready to call it a night, David?" Robert asks. 

  I hadn't even realized how late it was, feeling as though time just happened to stand still for me tonight. But, a quick glance at the clock shows it is definitely past Pops bedtime. 

  "Yes, please. I need my beauty sleep." He looks back over at me. "You don't wake up looking like this, ya know." We all laugh at his joke before we begin our goodbyes. 

  "I'll see you tomorrow, right?"

  "As long as it's before our afternoon flights," Lisa answers. "We just came in for the night."

  "Such a long trip for a short time," I admit. 

  "Wouldn't have it any other way," she tells me, kissing me on my cheek. "Love you, sweetie."

  "Love you too. All of you." 

  I'm truly going to get the family I always longed for. 

  As the night seems to be winding down, mostly just couples still hanging around, Chris pulls me in closer to him as he leans against the bar. 

  The same spot that began this whole love story.

  His knuckles graze over my arms slowly as my hands rest on his chest. His eyes move between my ring and my eyes, that glorious smirk prevalent on his face. "You happy?" he asks.

  "Over the moon." And on the off chance the smile that's been plastered to my face isn't enough to convince him, I slide my hand up past his neck to rest on the back of his head before slowly bringing my lips to his. This time it's my tongue that's begging to find his own as I feel his arms wrap around me, his hands on my back urging me closer to him. Unable to control my eagerness to continue, I pull back to find his eyes darkened, a  look of pure passion behind them. "Let's get out of here," I whisper to him, my eyes jumping between his lips and eyes.

  "Yes, ma'am."

Chris POV

  Walking hand in hand doesn't feel like enough in this moment for either one of us, so I'm thankful when Opal wraps her opposite arm around my bicep, bringing herself even closer to me as we start our trek down the sidewalk. 

  I stop at the second crosswalk we come to as she tugs on my arm, causing me to look at her again before she's pouting up at me, begging for another kiss. I happily oblige, doing my best to keep my innate desires under control.

  With her lips still attached to my own, I fumble trying to push the button in order to cross the street. Opal notices and pulls away. "What are you doing? The apartment is that way?"

  "We're not headed to the apartment."

  She looks at me confused, "what do you mean?"

  "Just trust me." I give her a quick peck on her nose before taking her hand once again as the light changes.  We walk two more blocks before stepping into a lobby of a hotel.

  I bypass the front desk and lead her straight to the elevator. I can see the excitement in Opal's eyes as the doors close behind us. In no time she's wrapped around me again, her lips on mine. 

  Admittedly, my heart is about as giddy as hers at this point. 

  We step into the hallway once the elevator stops on the fifth floor, her sweet giggles filling my ears as I pull the key card out of my wallet. "You were pretty sure of yourself weren't you Sergeant?" 

  I feel the groan building up in my chest at her words, once again they make it hard for me to do what I'm about to do. "I had a strong feeling, Miss Lucas." 

  I tap the key card on the lock before turning the knob and opening it up for Opal to walk through. She takes a few steps in before turning to see why I'm not following her. "Aren't you coming," she asks, slipping her heels off. 

  I take a deep breath, a desperate attempt to hold onto the little bit of resolve I still have. "No."

  She comes back over to me, grabbing my jacket, gripping it in her fists before she's on her tip toes. "And why not?" she mumbles against my lips.

  "Because if I come in there, or if you stayed at the apartment tonight, I would not be able to keep myself from really celebrating this moment with you."

  "I thought that's what we were going to do," she grins up at me, biting her lip. 

  I shake my head slowly, moving my hand to cup her cheek. "Believe me, I want nothing more and that's why I'm insisting you stay here, just for tonight." My thumb rubs against her cheekbone as her eyes are still alight with that amazing wonder I've fallen in love with. "You are my world, Ope. I'm going to help you keep the promise you made to yourself."

  I halfway expect her to feel defeated at my admission, the fact that we won't be having sex just because we're now engaged. But, instead she gives me a beautiful lazy smile before gently kissing my lips. "Thank you, Chris. I needed you to say exactly that. Thank you for thinking of this, knowing I'd have a hard time as well."

  "You are always at the forefront of my mind, Opal. You deserve everything, and I can't believe you're letting me be the one to give it to you."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

69.4K 2.6K 57
Y/N hasn't really dated since she had a traumatic experience with a long term relationship early on in her life. Always keeping any possible matches...
116K 2.8K 92
Newly rewritten It started at Christmas containing fluff and smut I hope you guys will like it it is my first time writing. and English isnt my first...
30.5K 997 17
Savannah Monroe knew working for Scarlett Johansson would be the opportunity of a lifetime. After all she had her daughter Grace to think about. What...
237K 4.3K 47
"Steve, maybe Fury's right. Maybe Violet is dea-" "Romanoff, I'm going to find her. I am. I'll find a way back to Violet. I'll find a...