A Blaze In My Heart

By PinkFruityFabGirl

[BOOK 3/3 of the MY HEART series] Book 1: Key To My Heart Book 2: King of My Heart [NOTE: this book contains... More

1. "You can't read?"
2. "You are two minutes late."
3. "This is an office, Miss Woods, not a concert."
4. "This is your hell and I'm the devil."
6. "Come!"
7. "Your words were infused with sarcasm."
8. "Please keep your un-showered self away from me."
9. "One against five. How wonderful."
10. "I shall not discuss my decisions with you."
11. "True, because my taste isn't that mediocre."
12. "Well, you don't own my mouth."
13. "You're right. You look miserable."
14. "I'll put you over my shoulder."
15. "I warned you."
16. "For the record, your ass is small."
17. "S-stop taking off your clothes!"
18. "Would you dump me for him?"
19. "Want me to carry you?"
20. "Did you just call me feral? You're a beast!"
21. "Not that kind of sleeping."
22. "Did you borrow this swimsuit from your grandma?"
23. "Miss Woods, get out of there. Now."
24. "Make me."
25. "Don't come after me!"
26. "...more than just charm and looks."
27. "I might be addicted to her smart mouth."
28. "And his stamina... it's like through the roof."
29. "Look into my eyes and say it."
30. "Don't lie, Miss Woods. I can smell the purity on you."
31. "Are you daft? I didn't write this."
32. "Are you saying I can call you anytime?"
33. "Be assured that I would rip him apart."
34. "Open your legs for me, angel." 🌶
35. "I'm sorry for having an insane libido?"
36. "My dessert is between your legs." 🌶🌶
37. "Don't go, okay? Otherwise I'll be cold and lonely."
38. "Awww is the big, bad devil obsessed with me?"
39. "I always knew you were a witch."
40. "Then don't keep your hands to yourself." 🌶🌶🌶🌶
41. "The lady I give mind blowing orgasms to."
42. "I do believe I've lost the ability to walk." 🌶🌶🌶🌶
43. "Hell with you sounds like heaven to me."
44. "You can have one bite. It won't ruin your six pack, don't worry."
45. "Have you ever been kissed in the rain?"
46. "I'm certain you'll scare the creepiest of demons away."
47. "I'm thinking of having you for breakfast." 🌶️
48. "You don't need clothes when you're with me." 🌶️
49. "It smells horrible in there and there's a lizard!"
50. "Think you can say that in a voice note?"
51. "I'm more passionate about you." 🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️
52. "You can look, sunshine. There's nothing you haven't already seen." 🌶️
53. "You're still seeing other women, aren't you?"
54. "Why are you torturing me these days, Miss Woods? Or are you bored of me?"
55. "I have a life, Blayze! I have work to do, places to be."
56. "And if you were so brave, you wouldn't hide your face."
57. "Please don't ever hurt yourself again."
58. "Don't you feel anything for me?"
59. "Her last location shows your house."
60. "Go on. Kill me. Now's the perfect chance."
61. "Hold my hand. Let's get out of here."
62. "I can feel her heart beating out there somewhere."
63. "And I swear, I will torture you until you beg me for death."
64. "Hang in there, please."
65. "Me nearly dying came to be of use after all."
66. "You can coax me into selling my soul to the devil."
67. "I care more about Mihrimah, if I'm being honest."
68. "Not the first time you're seeing me naked."
69. "Any day we spend together is special."
70. "Don't look at him, and don't even think about touching him."
71. "I made him pay the price for hurting my husband-to-be."
72. "Bold of you to assume I would let my wife pay for anything."
73. "You can scream at me, you can even hit me. I'll still be there for you."
Forever, The Blaze In My Heart

5. "You really are the devil."

436 77 17
By PinkFruityFabGirl

(1399 words)

*THE NEXT DAY*

I knocked at Blayze's office door, awaiting his response. "Yes." Came his reply, making me push the door open and enter.

"Good morning, Mr. Colton." I said professionally.

He looked up from his phone, taking in my appearance. His eyes slowly dragged from the black half-sleeved top I was wearing with ruffles on the shoulders to my pale pink pencil skirt, down till my black strappy heels.

When he was done checking me out, his eyes once again rested on my face, his face devoid of any emotion. "I'm surprised you actually made it on time." He commented dryly, before moving his gaze back to his phone.

"I was stuck in traffic yesterday." I told.

"Tell them to have the conference room ready." He affirmed, ignoring what I said.

"I already did. They're setting everything up," I said, moving forwards toward his giant desk. "I emailed you the graphs you asked for."

"I know, I saw. Keep your notepad with you and takes notes during my presentation." He instructed.

"Okay." I replied.

"Are you forgetting something, Miss Woods?" He asked, finally putting his phone down and now looking at me with his usual piercing cold stare.

I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion.

"My coffee." He deadpanned, his eyes boring holes into my skull.

Shit!

"I'm so sorry. I'll get it immediately!" I gushed, hurriedly turning around only to trip over air and land on the hard, wooden floor.

Great. Not embarrassing at all.

Before I could help myself up, I noticed Blayze was now standing in front of me, his giant frame towering over my body as he gazed down at me as if I was the biggest disappointment to ever exist.

My body seemed to freeze on spot. For an instant, I tried helping myself up, only to land back down, on my hips this time, thanks to my heels. I winced at the impact on my hipbone.

Can this get any worse?

To my surprise, Blayze offered me his big hand. I stared at it for a couple moments, before taking it.

A gasp escaped my lips as he let go of my hand mid-way, causing me to fall to the floor once again. My mouth gaped open as pain shot through my hipbone up to my back. Blayze just impassively stared down at me, uttering a nonchalant "oops."

I propped my legs up, pushing myself off the floor, this time succeeding in getting myself onto my feet. "What can you expect from an awful guy like me?" His voice was mocking, his eyes holding humour and contempt at the same time.

"You're right about that." I glared at him with detest.

"Now you know how cranky I get when I don't have my morning coffee on time." He gestured me to the door with his head.

"You really are the devil." I hissed.

"Tell me something I don't know." He said nonchalantly.

I turned to leave immediately. As I walked to the coffee machine, thoughts of quitting the job circled around my mind. I took a deep breath, deciding to endure it. It would be for two months after all.

I carried the cup of espresso back to the cold man's office and placed it on his desk with intended force. He eyed the cup before eyeing me coldly. "Pick that up and place it back nicely." He commanded rather calmly.

"Nicely?" I asked, glowering at him.

"Nicely." He drawled, giving me a threatening look.

I picked it up, forcing a fake smile and placing the cup nicely this time. "Better, your highness?" I asked with fake sweetness.

He glared at me and raised the cup to his lips. Taking a sip, he put it back on the table and pushed it towards me. "It's cold. Get me a new one."

I scowled at him. "It's hot."

"Not as hot as I like it. Get. Me. A. New. One."

I huffed, forcefully grabbing the cup and storming out of the room to get the dickhead a new coffee. Soon, I returned with a brand new cup of coffee. After placing it nicely on his desk, I awaited his reaction.

I hope you burn your tongue, you ugly monster.

He isn't ugly though.

His heart is. If he even has one.

I had done some research on the internet about this cold-faced jerk. Everybody praised his extraordinary looks and wisdom. But his accomplishments, looks and status weren't the only things he was popular for. He was well-known for being the classic play-boy. Always spotted with a new woman. The man did the dirty with just about any woman, including his employees, the thought of which made me want to gag. I wondered if he held the same opinion of me. That he could easily get me in his bed anytime he wished.

If he thinks so, I'm going to punch his face black and blue.

"If you're done daydreaming, let's head to the conference room." Blayze's angry voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I glanced at his cup and found it empty. "Okay." I said.

He walked in front of me with one hand shoved into his pants' pocket, and I followed suit. In the conference room, he sat at the head chair and I took my seat near him. After professionally greeting everyone and sharing a few words, he stood up, grabbing a remote in his hand and turning the projector on to begin his presentation.

I opened my notebook to take notes, listening attentively to him. Now that he was standing before me, I took into account how immaculately he was dressed in a navy blue tailored suit that fit him perfectly. His body language screamed confidence and power, as did his speaking skills.

As he spoke, I realised that people were right about him being intelligent. He was very eloquent and well-informed, and the presentation he had made was actually the best presentation I had ever seen.

Are you getting impressed by him?

Not him. Just his work.

An hour later, Blayze winded up his presentation and formally thanked everyone in the room before allowing them to leave. I stood up along with everybody else and watched them leave one by one.

"I took the notes." I told Blayze.

"Okay. Grab that file for me." He pointed to a file at the other end of the table with his head, before typing something on his phone. I nodded my head even though he wasn't looking at me and walked to the other end of the rectangular table.

Much to my embarrassment, I tripped over one of the chairs and landed on my hands and knees with my butt up in the air. I stayed in the position, blinking in shock. A pair of feet stopped right next to me. I glanced up to see Blayze staring down at me.

My cheeks heated up when I realised the awkward position I was in. Hurriedly, I pushed myself back onto my feet, grabbing the edge of the table for support as I stumbled slightly.

Blayze continued staring at me with an expressionless face, before extending his hand forward, making me press my back to the table, thinking he was going to touch me. But his hand reached for something behind me.

The file that he had asked me for.

As he flipped it open, he spoke, "are your legs always defected or is it just today?"

I looked at him angrily. Ignoring his stupid remark, I said, "anything else you'd like me to do, Mr. Colton?"

"What's next in my schedule?"

"You have a meeting in your office with Mr. William Smith in fifteen minutes." I replied. He was the CEO of Smith's Enterprises, another renowned company, but not as big as Colton Enterprises or my dad's company. And according to what I'd heard, it was nearing bankruptcy.

"Go wait for me in my office. I'll be right there." Blayze said, for once, in a normal and civil tone. I nodded my head and was just about to exit the conference room, when he called from behind, "and try to not kiss the ground again."

Looking back, I could see humour dancing in his hazel brown eyes. I bit my tongue to keep myself from talking back to him and proceeded to leave the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 6.3K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...
127K 5.3K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
960K 28.3K 39
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...
425K 8.4K 37
Book #2 (Tainted Scars Series) "Where am I? Who the hell are you?" He stared at me from across the room, "knowing my name is useless and dangerous."...