Every New Beginning... (Chris...

By belleofmarvel

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginnings End I'd have been completely fine, living in my littl... More

.1.
.2.
.3.
.4.
.5.
.6.
.7.
.8.
.9.
.10.
.11.
.12.
.13.
.14.
.15.
.16.
.17.
.18.
.19.
.20.
.21.
.22.
.23.
.24.
.25.
.26.
.27.
.28.
.29.
.30.
.31.
.32.
.33.
.34.
.35.
.36.
.37.
.38.
.39.
.40.
.41.
.42.
.43.
.44.
.45.
.46.
.47.
.48.
.49.
.50.
.51.
.52.
.53.
.54.
.55.
.56.
.57.
.58.
.59.
.60.
.61.
.62.
.63.
.64.
.65.
.66.
.67.
.68.
.69.
.70.
.71.
.73.
.74.
.75.
.76.
.77.
.78.
.79.
.80.
.81.
.82.
.83.
.84.
.85.
.86.
.87.
.88.
.89.
.90.
.91.
.92.
.93.
.93.
.94.
.95.
.96.
.97.
.98.
.99.
100
.101.
.102.
.103.
.104.
.105.
.106.
.107.
.108.
.109.
.110.
.111.
.112.
.113.
.114.
.115.
.116.
.117.
.118.
.119.
.120.
.121.
.122.
.123.
.124.
.125.
.126.
.127.
.128.
.129.
.130.
.131.
.132.
.133.
.134.
.135.
.136.
.137.
.138.
.139.
.140.
.141.
.142.
.143.
.144.
.145.
.146.
.147.
.148.
.149.
.150.
.151.
.152.
.153.
.154.
.155.
.156.
.157.
.158.
.159.
.160.
.161.
.162.
.163.
.164.
.165.
.166.
.167. ~FINAL~

.72.

334 23 8
By belleofmarvel

Opal POV

"Thanks," Scott says as the waitress places our dinner on the table.

After very little debate, we've ended up at Decker's, ordering an array of wings and appetizers between the three of us. "This could feed an army," I mention, taking it all in, wondering where in the world all of this food is going to go.

"Remember dinner at my parents?" Chris asks me. I nod. "We are the small army."

I jokingly lift up his shirt to reveal his belt, quirking my brow at him remembering the last time he ate that way it ended up coming undone before he even got up from the table. He shoos my hand away playfully. "Maybe I won't eat that much," he laughs out, grabbing a BBQ wing using his teeth to tear into it.

Watching both boys and their wings reminds me how incredibly messy they are, so I take the safer route and rip the meat off the bone with my fingers. I don't notice Chris watching my delicate movements until he leans in a bit to my side. "How am I suppose to lick the sauce off of you if you don't get a little messy?"

I turn my head, wide eyed at his words he just spoke in front of his brother. I chew the inside of my lip trying to decide if I want to get in on this inappropriate banter. "Guess you'll just have to suck my fingers then." The words come out, my face set in seriousness. It doesn't last long though as I bust out laughing, both men joining me.

"Don't tempt him," Scott jokes.

"She always tempts me. Have you seen her?" he quips back. Meanwhile I just shake my head, not really enjoying the attention that is being placed on me.

"Evans!" a shout comes from across the bar, pulling us out of our own little world.

Chris grabs a napkin, wiping away the remnants of his dinner that sat on his hands, before moving out of the booth, leaving his spot next to me empty. I watch as the man who called out to him meets him halfway, both hugging each other. They speak for only a moment before Chris motions in our direction, leading the guy over to us.

"Caleb, this is my brother Scott," he begins. Scott doesn't put his out to shake the man's hand but simply does a small nod. "And this is my girlfriend, Opal."

"Nice to meet you," I tell him.

"Caleb is a part of the narcotics team I worked with last year," Chris informs us.

"Miss having you down in the pit with us, Evans. Thinking of making a switch?" he asks Chris. "This guy is an incredible officer."

I watch Chris shrug off the compliment before answering his friend. "No, man. I'm actually getting promoted tomorrow."

"Nice! Congratulations," Caleb boasts before looking over Chris' shoulder towards the door. "My girlfriend just walked in." He motions towards the blonde for her to join us. As she gets closer I notice her long legs that are made to be even longer by the short leather skirt she's wearing along with the thigh high boots.

"This is Callie." He wraps an arm around her waist as soon as she reaches his side, her hand going to his chest. "Callie this is Chris, the guy I told you about from the drug bust back in December."

Callie turns towards Chris, giving him her full attention. It's then that I notice a change in Chris' demeanor.

"Christopher Evans," Callie says, one hand on her hip. "I like the beard."

Um...excuse me.

"CJ," he says. "How are you?"

Okay, so that's a bit informal now. My interest is peaked, while my self esteem plummets.

"You two know each other?" Caleb asks both of them.

Callie chews on her bottom lip, eyeing Chris up and down before turning her attention back to her own boyfriend. "Something like that," her implication left wide open to my overactive brain.

I look away from the awkward scene in front of me, glancing at Scott to see if he can give me any type of indication as to what she means. He gives a slight shoulder shrug that could've easily been missed if I hadn't been watching for even the smallest sign.

"Who are your friends?" she asks Chris, pointing towards our table.

"This is Scott and Opal," Chris says, not even looking directly at us.

I'm trying not to take the simple 'Opal' to heart considering he didn't refer to Scott as his brother either. But why do I feel like taking it to heart is exactly what I'll be doing within the next five seconds.

"Would you like to join us?" Scott asks the couple. I fight every urge in my body to not kick him right in the shin under the table.

"We're actually meeting some friends, but thanks for the offer," Caleb retorts. "Let's grab a table, babe. It was good to see you, man." He pats Chris on the shoulder as he places his other hand on the small of his girlfriend's back, leading her away.

I notice the fact that she looks back over her shoulder though.

Chris finally sits back down next to me in our booth. I continue to pick at my meal all the while a tightness in my chest begins to form.

Scott apparently wants to be the one to question the interlude. He sets his food down on the plate and leans his elbows on the table. "So, who is Callie? Or was it CJ?"

I watch as Chris squirms a bit in his seat.

I know what's about to come out of his mouth.

"We dated," he answers his brother. He picks up his wing and goes back to eating, as if that answer is sufficient enough.

I nibble in silence, not interjecting into their conversation. I say I sit in silence, however my mind is screaming really horrible things at me.

"Why'd you break up?"

Damn it, Scott. Shut up, my brain pleads.

My focus remains on my plate in front of me, no longer eating but just picking at it. Out of the corner of my eye I notice Chris glance over at me. "She wanted things to move quicker than I did," he admits.

"You couldn't have gotten very far, you never brought her home," Scott mentions.

I sense Chris stiffen at his brother's comment. I'm unsure why exactly though. "I don't really want to get into it right now."

Scott looks over at me. "Mixed company, right?" I question them. " I can fix that for you both. Excuse me." I all but push Chris out of the booth to make my escape.

"Ope, where are you going?"

"First, I'm going to the restroom so you can finish this conversation that I don't need to be a part of. After I'm gonna decide whether or not I want to continue this evening." I storm off towards the hallway that leads to the restrooms, hopeful for him to stop me and yet there's nothing.

I take a few moments, leaning my back against the wall in the restroom, futile attempts being made to calm the noise inside my brain. I close my eyes, do my breathing exercises and even my finger touches to ground myself. When I hear the door open I turn away, immediately reaching for the knobs to turn the sink on.

"Opal, right?" I hear Callie's voice coo behind me.

I give a polite nod and a very tight lipped smile, becoming very focused on washing my hands.

"Isn't Chris great?" she asks as she leans over next to me, reapplying her lipstick.

"Yeah." A simple response that I couldn't possibly screw up.

She turns to face me now. "You know, your hair would look super cute in a pixie cut. If you're in town a while you should come by and see me. Chris still has my information, I'm sure."

"Thanks." I cannot bring myself to have more than one word conversations with this woman.

I look into the mirror now, taking both of us in, side by side. Gorgeous natural blonde curly hair, legs for days, wearing incredibly provocative clothing choices. Next to me and my brunette bun, in my skinny jeans, flats and cardigan.

"Bring Chris with you, will ya? I'd love to catch up." She purses her lips once more before exiting.

And that's when it dawns on me. I sling the door open, marching back towards our table. Chris goes to stand for me to slip back in next to him. Instead I put my hand out, stopping him. "The hairdresser?"

"Yeah, the hairdresser."

I let out a huff of air with a slight shake of my head. "Okay then." I debate with myself while standing in place.

Do I want to question this? Nope.

Am I gonna question it? Yep.

"So what is it you see in me? Because last I checked, I'm nothing like that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
81.9K 1.7K 37
* contains smut (unprotected sex), mentions of violentce, mentions of abusive parents and toxic relationships* y/n gets a nanny job at some rich peop...
10.4K 227 54
"Listen I know we've been flirting and shit but that doesn't mean I like you, okay" I cross my arms again and slightly smirk. He smirks down at me an...
237K 4.3K 47
"Steve, maybe Fury's right. Maybe Violet is dea-" "Romanoff, I'm going to find her. I am. I'll find a way back to Violet. I'll find a...