Time and Again

By RCAbayabay

Cover By: @inksjm Heaven and earth collided when Isabel, a rich socialite, eloped with Emile, a poor far... More

[1] Never Shall I Marry an Uneducated Guy
[2] Once A Princess
[3] A Special Guest
[4] Anything Can Happen
[5] Bound By Debt
[6] A Damsel in Distress
[7] My Prince Charming
[8] The Runaway Bride
[9] Paid in Full
[10] Mysterious Matilda
[11] Happy Days
[12] Martial Law
[13] Season of Loneliness
[14] The Pocket Watch
[15] To Screw or Not To Screw
[16] Waiting for the Sweetest Mango to Ripen
[17] A Short Life to Live Alone
[18] Isabel's Miraculous Rejuvenation
[19] On Keeping Secrets
[20] Limitation of the Pocket Watch
[21] Secret Out In The Open
[23] Reunion Dilemma
[24] Passing the Interview
[25] Susana's Intrusion
[26] Armand to the Rescue
[27] Isabel's New Home
[28] The Reunion
[29] All Coming Back
[30] Isabel and Carlos Miguel's Unexpected Reunion
[31] The Return of the Legendary Isabel
[32] To Forgive is to Forget
[33] Isabel and Carlos Miguel's Secret Past
[34] Blessing in Disguise
[35] Dreaming of You
[36] I am an Asset in this World, Not a Liability
[37] Always Remember Age Doesn't Matter in Studying English
[38] The Return of the Come Back
[39] Foolish Heart
[40] Friends Forever
[41] Better Than Yesterday
[42] Together Forever Until Eternity
[43] English Is a Must
[44] Easy Girl
[45] A Romantic View from the Top
[46] Never Been To
[47] Similarities
[48] The Ticking of the Clock
[49] We Are All Meant to Shine
[50] Time and Again
[51] The Past and the Present
[52] Blast from the Past
[53] Until My Dying Breath
[54] Once In A Blue Moon
[55] Nothing But Sweet Memories
[56] The Beginning of Our Forever
[57] Between Hello and Goodbye
[58] Waiting Versus Making it Happen
[59] Top of the Class
[60] Truth Unveiled
[61] Memorabilia
[62] Isabel's Closing Speech
[63] Food Trip
[64] Ken's Discovery
[65] Ken's Disappointment Towards Isabel
[66] Ken's Past Life
[67] Chasing Love
[68] On Bended Knee
[69] Love Conquers All
[70] Surprise Attack
[71] No Matter What
[72] Playing House
[73] Love Wish
[74] Meeting Ken's Parents
[75] Run, Run, and Away
[76] Deportation Order
[77] Love Hurts
[78] Matilda's Connection to Isabel
[79] Confessions of Love
[80] Let Love Find a Way
[81] One More Try
[82] Fight or Flight
[83] Blacklisted
[84] Waiting for Ken
[85] Isabel's Newly Found Friends
[86] The Barrier Between Ken and Isabel
[87] Escape Route
[88] Together At Last
[89] Ken and Isabel's Wedding
[90] History Repeats Itself
[91] Finally Found
[92] Pretty's Prince Charming
[93] Forever Young

[22] Bare To The Very Soul

159 115 2
By RCAbayabay

They went to the mall to shop. Pretty didn’t really want to buy clothes for herself but she intended to buy something to give justice on Isabel’s comely countenance. 

Pretty fitted a multi-color floral vintage dress featuring a boat neckline with sleeveless, high waist, contrast rose red belt, floral pattern, and visible back zip closure. She intentionally picked up the dress because she knew that it will suit Isabel.

Pretty looked at herself in the mirror. Isabel gave her the two thumbs up approval. 

“It’s time for you to fit the dress.” Pretty said.

“What in heaven’s name are you talking about? I can’t wear those dress.”

“Why can’t you fit that dress? I’m pretty sure it will fit to you.”

“No, I can’t fit this dress. I appreciate your good taste but I can’t dare to wear this clothes especially in public.”

“Why?”

“I can’t wear these thing you called clothes. I felt like I’m bare to my very soul if I wear this.”

“I wanted you to fit this dress because I’m planning to give it to you as a Christmas gift and also as a token of our friendship.”

“You don’t have to bother my dear. Christmas is already over. Why don’t you buy something for yourself, instead? I’m already old. I may be young again between noon to midnight. I’m still the same. Nothing has change with me.”

Pretty was insulted with Isabel’s remarks. She only wanted to give her a gift. She had no intention to make her look like a whore. Instead of getting a ‘thank you’ remark, she got an ‘insulting remark’. She hated it when people refused to accept her gift. She was supposed to give the dress to Isabel as a token of her friendship. She grabbed the dress without uttering another word. She chose to humble herself and say nothing at all to control her temper for friendship’s sake. She threw the clothes in the clothes rack.

Pretty picked a black 3” closed, round toe high heels with a buckle strap to match her dress. She fitted the shoes and it perfectly matched with the dress she’s wearing.

“Pretty, are you okay?” Isabel asked.

Pretty did not respond. She looked at her feet in the mirror while wearing the 3” high heels.

“I’m so sorry if I hurt your feelings. I hope you will respect my preference. I don’t mind at all whatever it is that you’re wearing. I just can’t dare to wear the type of clothes you want for me.”

“Will you shut up? Can’t you see I’m trying to fit the shoes? If you have nothing good to say, then don’t say anything.”

“I’m sorry.”

Isabel didn’t argue with Pretty anymore. She could sense that she had hurt her feelings. She shut up to avoid more insult to the injury.

“Hey, Pretty. It’s you.”

Pretty almost jumped from Armand’s voice.

“God, Armand. You’re scaring the shit out of me.”

“How are you?”

“Fine.”

“Who is this lovely lady with you? Is she your friend or relative?”

“This is my cousin Isabel.”

“Nice meeting you Isabel.”

Armand offered his hand.

“Nice meeting you too, sir.”

Isabel pretended that he didn’t know him and shook his hand.

“Please call me Armand.”

Armand was captivated by Isabel’s beauty. Isabel didn’t interrupt with their conversation not unless she was asked.

“If you don’t mind we need to go now.” Pretty said to cut their conversation.

“Yes, of course. I don’t want to take so much of your time. By the way, are you busy this Saturday?”

“Why?”

“I would like to have a reunion party with our classmates this Saturday in our house at Ginatilan. I would greatly appreciate it if the two of you can come to my party.”

“We will think about it.”

“Why do you need  to think about it? It’s our reunion. We rarely have time to get together.”

“I’m not sure if I can come.”

“Why? Do you have work on Saturday or a date perhaps?”

“No, I don’t have work on Saturday, not even a date.”

“What’s holding you back? Do you a family member that you need to attend to?”

“No.”

“It’s not every day that we have a gathering with our classmates.”

Pretty didn’t have any valid reason not to attend the reunion. She didn’t accept Armand’s invitation because she was not in the mood.

“Maybe you need an inspiration that’s why you don’t feel like attending our reunion. Don’t worry, I’ll tell JJ to bring Leo to our reunion. How’s that?”

Pretty smiled. She wondered how Armand knew about him and Leo.

“So, now you’re smiling. Are you coming this Saturday?”

“Yes.”

“That’s final, right? I hope you will not change your mind again.”

“Yeah. That’s final. I’ll be joining our reunion this Saturday.”

“You are very most welcome to join our reunion, Isabel. Are you free this Saturday?”

“That’s very kind of you to ask. Thank you for your invitation but I cannot attend to your reunion.”

“Why?”

“I have work on Saturday.” Isabel lied to get rid of Armand.

“Where do you work?”

“I work in a call center company.”

“I thought you have two days off in a call center company.”

“Yes, we have two days off. My rest days fall on Monday and Tuesday.”

“Can you file a leave this Saturday?”

“No, I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“My leave will not be approved because they will only allow 3 people to leave in a day. We need to file our vacation leave at least 2 weeks prior. Only the first 3 people who filed their vacation leave ahead of time will get an approval in a day.”

“I see. Why don’t you leave on Saturday and tell your boss that you have a family emergency?”

“I am afraid that my boss will find out my real whereabouts since I am not a good liar. I don’t want to lose my job.”

“You amaze me, Isabel. You’re not only lovely but workaholic as well.”

Isabel forced herself to smile. She wanted Armand to go away to get rid of his tenacious invitation. She didn’t want to join their reunion to keep her secret safe.

“Why don’t you try something different for a change? Instead of burying yourself in your job, why don’t you relax and have some fun? I’ll assure you, you will never regret going our reunion. You will have lots of fun. You will also have a chance to meet Pretty’s classmates. They’re so fun to be with.”

“I appreciate your invitation but I’m not interested to join your reunion.” Isabel said obviously annoyed with Armand.

“I won’t push you any further. I’m sorry for pushing you further to come with us. If that’s your decision, then I respect it. How about you Pretty, are you sure you’re coming to our reunion even without your cousin?”

“Of course. You can count me in.”

“I can fetch you on Saturday if you want to.”

“That’s very kind of you Armand.”

“Where can I pick you up?”

“You may pick me up in my apartment.”

“Absolutely. I’ll pick you up at 12 noon.”

“That’s fine.”

“Okay, see you on Saturday.”
Armand left them and went on his way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 60 13
After the battle every thing goes back to normal. Almost every thing. Sofia decides that only her family should know about the amulet and her job as...
187 16 9
The life of Luo Yingxiao is humble, simple, and outright peaceful. She came from two wonderful kind-hearted farmer parents that raised her into this...
24.4K 165 12
七零之嫁給大佬男配 Copywriting: Introduction: Gu Shuang worked hard to make money in her previous life, just to sleep well as soon as possible, but God played...
710K 32.2K 45
[This story is free as of February 10, 2021] "Move over A Walk to Remember, and make way for one of the most heartwarming stories this side of Wattpa...