[22] Bare To The Very Soul

They went to the mall to shop. Pretty didn’t really want to buy clothes for herself but she intended to buy something to give justice on Isabel’s comely countenance. 

Pretty fitted a multi-color floral vintage dress featuring a boat neckline with sleeveless, high waist, contrast rose red belt, floral pattern, and visible back zip closure. She intentionally picked up the dress because she knew that it will suit Isabel.

Pretty looked at herself in the mirror. Isabel gave her the two thumbs up approval. 

“It’s time for you to fit the dress.” Pretty said.

“What in heaven’s name are you talking about? I can’t wear those dress.”

“Why can’t you fit that dress? I’m pretty sure it will fit to you.”

“No, I can’t fit this dress. I appreciate your good taste but I can’t dare to wear this clothes especially in public.”

“Why?”

“I can’t wear these thing you called clothes. I felt like I’m bare to my very soul if I wear this.”

“I wanted you to fit this dress because I’m planning to give it to you as a Christmas gift and also as a token of our friendship.”

“You don’t have to bother my dear. Christmas is already over. Why don’t you buy something for yourself, instead? I’m already old. I may be young again between noon to midnight. I’m still the same. Nothing has change with me.”

Pretty was insulted with Isabel’s remarks. She only wanted to give her a gift. She had no intention to make her look like a whore. Instead of getting a ‘thank you’ remark, she got an ‘insulting remark’. She hated it when people refused to accept her gift. She was supposed to give the dress to Isabel as a token of her friendship. She grabbed the dress without uttering another word. She chose to humble herself and say nothing at all to control her temper for friendship’s sake. She threw the clothes in the clothes rack.

Pretty picked a black 3” closed, round toe high heels with a buckle strap to match her dress. She fitted the shoes and it perfectly matched with the dress she’s wearing.

“Pretty, are you okay?” Isabel asked.

Pretty did not respond. She looked at her feet in the mirror while wearing the 3” high heels.

“I’m so sorry if I hurt your feelings. I hope you will respect my preference. I don’t mind at all whatever it is that you’re wearing. I just can’t dare to wear the type of clothes you want for me.”

“Will you shut up? Can’t you see I’m trying to fit the shoes? If you have nothing good to say, then don’t say anything.”

“I’m sorry.”

Isabel didn’t argue with Pretty anymore. She could sense that she had hurt her feelings. She shut up to avoid more insult to the injury.

“Hey, Pretty. It’s you.”

Pretty almost jumped from Armand’s voice.

“God, Armand. You’re scaring the shit out of me.”

“How are you?”

“Fine.”

“Who is this lovely lady with you? Is she your friend or relative?”

“This is my cousin Isabel.”

“Nice meeting you Isabel.”

Armand offered his hand.