[1] Never Shall I Marry an Uneducated Guy

"Don't you know that teachers especially women are very marriageable?" Mr. Nuñez said.

"Really?" Pretty asked eagerly.

"You seemed so interested now in our class Madame Coronel. I thought you fell asleep a while ago in the corner. Anyway, welcome back to our class." JJ said.

Everyone laughed heartily except Pretty.

Pretty gave JJ a fuck you sign.

JJ returned Pretty's fuck you sign with a peace sign.

"Oh, I'm glad that we finally got Ms. Coronel's attention. I thought she's finally lost in the zombie land." Mr. Nuñez said.

Pretty was offended. She hated to be the laughing stock in class.

"I don't mean to prolong Ms. Coronel's agony. If you're loveless today, well, this is your chance ladies. You will never be loveless again the next day. Do you want to know the secret formula?"

Everyone was very silent especially those ladies who are loveless for they are very eager to know the secret of having a love life.

"The first formula is to pass all your subjects in Diploma of Professional Education (DPE). I know all of you have already graduated in college. But mind you, teachers are more marriageable compared to any other professionals."

"How can teachers be more marriageable than any other professionals?" Amanda asked.

"Do you have a boyfriend Ms. Marquez?"

"No."

"What's your course?"

"Psychology."

"You see. That's why you don't have a boyfriend until now because you haven't graduated in Education yet. But it's a good thing that you decided to take DPE so that you'll have more chances of getting a boyfriend."

"Sir, you're beating around the bush. It's already past 3pm. And you're still not getting us straight to the point." Pretty said impatiently.

"I'm sorry Ms. Coronel for keeping you waiting. Why are you in a hurry? Is there a boyfriend waiting for you outside?"

Pretty just shook her head in frustration.

"Once you'll pass all the subjects in this class, take the teacher's board exam immediately. But make sure you'll pass in the board exam so that you can teach in a public school. It will be easier for you to apply in a public school if you are a licensed teacher. However, it will be difficult for you to be assigned in schools at the city not unless you have a very strong connection in the government. So, most likely you will be assigned in schools located in mountainous areas and remote islands. Finally, when you are already assigned in mountainous areas, you will meet a lot of motorcycle drivers that will regularly fetch you in going to school and back home. Don't worry if you will be assigned in remote islands. You will still meet the love of your life. You will meet a lot of fisherman that will row the boat for you in going to school and back home."

"Never shall I marry an uneducated guy." Pretty blurted out without thinking.

"Mind your words, Ms. Coronel. Most of my students before who are already a licensed teachers told me exactly the same words you said. But in the end, they ate up their words. They came back to see me and told me I was right all along. They end up with a sweet motorcycle taxi driver. They got married with an unprofessional guy and have kids. They found contentment and happiness. Some says that it's not ideal for an educated woman to marry an uneducated man. But that was their fate. Which do you prefer, live alone for the rest of your life or marry your not so ideal man? While you are waiting for your ideal man, you will never notice how time flies so fast. You will be left behind because your ideal man may or may never come. The bottom line is, it doesn't matter whatever status you and your partner possess. What matters most is that you get along well with your partner in life and you're happy with each other."