[89] Ken and Isabel's Wedding

Isabel woke up the next day with a bouquet of red roses laid on the side table. She read its card and it says, ‘To the most beautiful woman in the world’.

Isabel smiled and stood up. She felt so light as if the pain on her legs from yesterday didn’t happen. She went inside the toilet. She was surprised to see herself as a young woman again. She felt nervous. What if the doctors or the nurses would look for the old woman? What would she tell them? 

Isabel took off her hospital gown and wore a civilian dress. She was startled when she saw Ken, Morris, Timon, Bank, Krit, Maurice, and Donatella.

“Wow is this a reunion?” Isabel hugged each of her visitors.

“We miss you Teacher Isabel.” Timon said.

“I miss all of you, too. It seems like you’re losing some weight Timon. You look better than before.”

“Thank you.”

“I’m glad to see you Teacher Isabel.”

“I’m also glad to see you too, Morris. How’s your business and your love life?” 

“My business is doing great. I don’t have any girlfriend as of the moment.” 

“I’m glad you visited me my dearest friends.”

“It’s our pleasure to see you, Isabel.” Donatella said.

“We’re glad that you’re ok now.” Maurice said.

“Thank you so much for visiting me my dearest friends. How did you know that I am in the hospital?”

“Bank and Krit told us that you are in the hospital.”

“Thank you for letting everyone know that I’m here.”

Ken translated what Isabel said.

“You’re welcome.”

“Thank you Ken for gathering all my friends.”

“It’s my pleasure, my love. Do you know why I gathered them all today?”

“Nope.”

“Are you sure you don’t remember why we are all gathered here?”

“You didn’t tell me anything.”

“Are you sure we didn’t talk about it before?”

“Yeah, I’m sure.”

“Well, ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered today for our wedding. Thank you for attending this very important day in our lives.”

Isabel was about to react but before she was able to utter any word, Ken stopped her.

“Don’t tell me you’re not prepared for this. We already talked about it the other day. We were on our way to our wedding but the circumstances didn’t permit us to tie the knot. I cannot find any other day to be married to you but today.”

“I am not saying that I am not going to marry you. Where’s the priest? I want to marry you now!”

Everyone applauded. They were all excited to see Ken and Isabel tie the knot. They were interrupted by a sudden knock on the door. 

“I think it’s the priest.” Ken said.

“I hope it’s not the nurse or the doctor.” Isabel said.

“Don’t worry my love. I requested them to put a ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign outside your door so that they won’t disturb us. I will never allow anyone to stop us.”

Ken opened the door for the priest. The priest introduced himself as Father Benedict. He was a Filipino priest who was assigned to the different churches in Thailand to conduct a Filipino mass. 

Father Benedict officiated Ken and Isabel’s wedding. After their wedding ceremony, the hospital management congratulated them through the intercom. The people who heard about their wedding done in the hospital were inspired even though they didn’t know about their love story.

Isabel was amazed with Ken. He would always see to it that she would only get the best of everything. 

Isabel felt so complete. This was one of the happiest days of her life. All her dreams came true. Her wedding with Ken was the fulfillment of her ultimate dream. She was ready to die anytime. She already enjoyed her life to the fullest. She wanted to be with Ken for a long period of time but she knew that she couldn’t stay that long. The least she could do was to enjoy every single moment of their lives. She wished Pretty was there on her wedding day as her maid of honor. For some reason, she was not able to come in Thailand because of the storm that hit in her province.

When the wedding was over, all the visitors went back to their respective homes. Isabel automatically turned back into an old woman. The doctors and nurses went inside her room to check on her vital signs. They congratulated her. They were inspired by her love story. For them, she was the living proof that ‘Age doesn’t matter in falling in love’.