[50] Time and Again

Isabel’s day would never be complete without seeing the love of her life. Her world lighted up whenever Ken stepped up inside her cubicle. He came in her class two minutes early because he was also excited to see her.

“Hi, Teacher Isabel or shall I call you Isabel?”

“I’d prefer if you call me Isabel inside my cubicle. But if there are teachers or students around us, please don’t forget to call me Teacher.”

“No problem, Isabel.”

“How are you Ken?”

“I feel great whenever I see you.”

“I feel the same way as you do.”

“Isabel, there’s something I need to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“Do you want to hear the good news or the bad news first?”

“Just tell me the bad news first, then, the good news later.”

“I’ll be coming back in Thailand two weeks from now.”

Isabel’s heart started pumping at his words.

“Please don’t be sad. I’ll come back for you.”

Isabel didn’t know what to say. She wanted to tell him to bring her with him and tell his parents that he wanted to marry her.

“How about your fiancée?” 

Isabel was anxious on how he’s going to deal with his fiancée. Was he going to call off the wedding and tell his friends and family that she was his true love or would he just forget everything that happened between them? She looked straight into his eyes. She wanted to know the answer.

“I’ll tell my friends and family that I’m going to call off the wedding.”

That sounded good news for Isabel. However, she was still anxious if he would truly come back for her or not. A lot of things could happen. What if his parents would force him to marry his fiancée? What if he was just playing around all this time? She was more than afraid to lose him. 

“What if your parents will not allow you to call off your engagement?”

“I’ll fight for you.”

“But how?”

“I’ll bring you in Thailand.”

Isabel was finally relieved but not totally yet. She touched Ken’s hand and looked straight into his eyes.  

“Do you trust me?” Ken asked.

Isabel remembered the first time Emile asked her that same question. He never failed her. He always fulfilled his promise. He came back even from his death. She trusted him with her life.

“Yes, I do.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

They held each other’s hands.

“I will tell the world that you are the woman I’m going to marry. There will be no one else except you. I will love you time and again.”

“I will also love you time and again.”

Isabel would fight her love for Ken no matter what. She didn’t care anymore whatever destiny was in store for her. She just wanted to live for the present. Forever might not be enough but she would make most of her time as long as she could. She loved Ken. And that’s all that matters.

“Isabel.”

“Yes?”

“Before I’ll go to Thailand a week after next, I’m planning to go to Ginatilan this weekend to take a glimpse of the beautiful Inambakan Falls.” 

Isabel was amazed when Ken showed eagerness to visit the Inambakan Falls.

“How did you know about Inambakan Falls?”

“My roommate Morris told me about his trip last weekend in Ginatilan. He told me about his adventure in Inambakan Falls. I wanted to dive in that majestic falls.”