Pretend (Harry Styles) - Book...

By Posh777

-Sequel to Almost Lover and All of Me- Harry & Ava Engaged Expecting In Love Three things holding them togeth... More

Pretend
Chapter 1: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 2: Plans
Chapter 3: "Everything's good."
Chapter 4: Two Weeks
Chapter 5: A Last Minute Change of Plans
Chapter 6: Teasing and Toasting
Chapter 7: Foolproof
Chapter 8: Fainting Spells Before Wedding Bells
Chapter 9: "I do."
Chapter 10: Speeches and Surprises
Chapter 11: "Only us."
Chapter 12: Rules
Chapter 13: Star Gazing
Chapter 14: 100%
Chapter 15: "Just nonsense."
Chapter 16: "Just tell her."
Chapter 17: Another Lie
Chapter 18: "What did you do?"
Chapter 19: Apologies and Regrets
Chapter 20: Broken Promises
Chapter 21: Overwhelmed
Chapter 22: "I'm so hurt."
Chapter 23: Boy or Girl?
Chapter 24: A Surprise
Chapter 25: A Proper Boxing Match
Chapter 26: "It's a...."
Chapter 27: "We're good."
Chapter 28: Confused
Chapter 29: So Many Lies
Chapter 30: Day Made
Chapter 31: Slow
Chapter 32: Safe.. Happy.. Okay..
Chapter 33: "Are they real?"
Chapter 34: "I'm sorry."
Chapter 35: "My wife."
Chapter 36: "Things will be different..."
Chapter 37: "You're something else."
Chapter 38: "For..ever."
Chapter 39: "Is it always like this?"
Chapter 40: An Accident
Chapter 41: "I know."
Chapter 42: "You alright?"
Chapter 43: The Best Thing
Chapter 44: Breaking Point
Chapter 45: Seeing Red
Chapter 46: A Life Changing Diagnosis
Chapter 47: "It will be worth it."
Author's Note
Chapter 49: "Something?"
Chapter 50: "She needs you right now."
Chapter 51: A Complete Mess
Chapter 52: Focus
Chapter 53: It Worked
Chapter 54: "Come to me."
Chapter 55: "One picture."
Chapter 56: Seven Words
Chapter 57: Anger
Chapter 58: A Phone Call
Chapter 59: Good?
Chapter 60: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 61: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 62: Reasons
Chapter 63: "I always need you."
Chapter 64: A Slap Across the Face
Chapter 65: The Real Plan
Chapter 66: Conflicted
Chapter 67: "Always."
Chapter 68: Perfect
Chapter 69: Just Us
Chapter 70: The Truth
Chapter 71: Moments
Chapter 72: Completely Content & Perfectly Happy
Authors Note

Chapter 48: Fresh Air

12.3K 503 113
By Posh777

25 Weeks Along

-Ava's POV-

"Come on, we'll just take a short drive. It would be nice to get out of the flat wouldn't it? Get a bit of fresh air into your lungs?"

"I said no."

"Ava, please love. Don't make me drag your fit arse out of that bed."

"There something about no you don't understand?" I snap, wanting to be left alone.

"It's been two weeks. You haven't left the flat in two weeks."

"Poppy... enough."

"No. Don't you think for a bloody second I'm going to let up about this. I'd be no sort of best mate if I did. We'll go to the park, walk around for a bit."

"No. Please just leave me be."

"Have done quite enough of that." Poppy sighs, folding her arms across her chest. "Now put some proper clothes on before I put some on you myself. I'll drag your arse out kicking and screaming if I must."

I groan as Poppy impatiently taps her foot on the wooden floor. I've been fighting her for days about leaving the apartment.

The first week of being back here she held her tongue. Being Poppy I knew she had all sorts of things to say. But she knew I didn't, couldn't, hear them. So she just sat with me as I cried, tried to distract me with my favorite black and white movies, and made me all my favorite meals.

She's been here with me every minute since I showed up on her doorstep. The same one I called my own years ago.

She didn't think twice about taking a leave at work. She made the call within an hour of me walking through her door.

She's been here... Comforting me, crying with me, and showing every bit of anger I wish I could but can't.

She's been my rock. The same as she's always been since I first bumped into her at Heathrow. One bag in my hand and $150 in my pocket.

Funny, this time I showed up with half a dozen bags and more money then I know what to do with... But I feel as if I have absolutely nothing.

She's been with me constantly these past two weeks, yet I've never felt more alone.

"You're zoning out again." Poppy's voice snaps me out of my pity party. "Clothes. Now."

I exhale a deep breath before pulling myself off the bed. I tug on the black skinnies and t-shirt Poppy tosses at me. I roll my eyes at the triumphant smirk on her face, forcing myself not to just crawl back into bed.

There'd really be no point. I've no doubt she would drag me out of here if I did. It is Poppy after all.

"How bout we put a bit of color on your face?" She suggests.

"Don't push your luck."

"Alright, but comb out your hair at least. It looks a fright." She orders, holding out a brush to me.

I begrudgingly take it and pull it through my long brown hair several times.

"Still jealous of your hair right now." Poppy huffs.

I almost laugh, wondering how anyone could be jealous of anything about me at all. Not now at least.

My hair is now untangled but I know it's a wavy mess as it falls around my shoulders. My face is pale and my eyes red. At this point I don't remember them being anything other then red.

I follow her into the foyer where she helps me step into some black boots. Normally I would insist on doing such a thing myself, just to prove I could still reach my feet, but right now I don't care.

Right now I don't give a fuck about much of anything.

I pull on a black leather jacket as Poppy opens the front door. It's a typical dreary London day. Overcast sky with a chill to the air.

How appropriate.

Poppy goes on about a story Freya told her that involves shopping at a market in Dubai and a monkey. At least I think that's what it's about. My mind wanders to much to know for sure.

When we pull up to a large park on the outskirts of the city, I notice a big smile on Poppy's face.

"We didn't get followed. Nice isn't it?" She remarks. "Even though I wouldn't mind beating the shite out of one of those wankers...again."

I shake my head as we step out of the car, remembering Poppy shoving and slapping the rude pap who showed up at her door only moments after I did.

He never came back.

She takes my arm, entwining it with hers as we start down one of the paths leading into the park.

"This is nice." I say after a few moments of silence.

I see Poppy smile out of the corner of my eye. "Told you so. I'm always right you know."

"So I've heard."

She laughs as we pass an older couple walking hand in hand.

The site makes my heart hurt.

"I haven't talked to him in five days." My mouth speaks without my minds consent.

"What?"

"Nothing." I shake my head.

"That's not nothing. He hasn't rang you in five days?" Poppy questions, concern thick in her tone.

"No." I answer quietly.

"Have you called him?"

"Yeah..." I stop walking, suddenly feeling sick. "A lot."

She frowns as she looks over at me. "Has he messaged you?"

"No. He hasn't responded to my texts either."

"Well he is very busy." She forces a smile. "You know how things get on tour. I'm sure it's nothing to be worried over."

"We talked every day. At least once a day. Then nothing."

"He's a busy lad. Maybe his phone was broken. Or he hasn't had signal..."

"Don't." I shake my head. "It's Harry. He breaks his phone constantly and always has a new one within an hour. And they stay at five star hotels. He has signal."

"Well he.. Maybe he.." Poppy's voice fades off.

"Exactly." I glance away as two teenage girls jog by us, looking at me with narrowed eyes.

"Problem?" Poppy questions loudly as they pass.

One of them looks back, continuing to keep up with her friend as she glares at me.

"Wh-ore." She coughs into her hand making her friend giggle.

"You little fucking..."

"Don't." I grab Poppy's arm as she heads towards them.

"Let me go, I'm gonna kick that little trolls ass!" She barks, pulling out of my grasp.

"Don't." I repeat, raising my voice. "I don't want the press. Please Poppy."

She clenches her jaw but stops walking, throwing her arm up and promptly flipping the two girls off.

"Bloody little twat!" She spits. "How fucking dare she! Did you see her? I want to rip her cheap ass extensions out of her bloody hair! Who the fuck does she think she is?!"

"I don't blame her." I admit honestly.

"Don't blame her? What the bloody hell are you talking about Ava?" Poppy looks at me like I have two heads.

"She's probably a fan. Why wouldn't she think that way? You've heard the things being said. You saw the interview."

"I'm not okay with people calling you that! Does Harry know people are calling you that?"

"I don't see how he couldn't." I shrug.

"And he hasn't done something about it?!"

"If he did then..."

"Yeah yeah." She huffs, "People would question things. Blah blah blah. I'm going to ring Niall. He'll tweet for everyone to stop this shite or I'll have his balls. And not in the way he fancies."

I cringe at Poppy's words as she stomps away. I almost tell her to stop but she wouldn't listen to me. She's practically blowing steam out of the top of her head.

I take a seat on a wooden park bench as I hear her start yelling into her phone.

I pull my own out of my jacket pocket and scroll to Harry's name.

I stare at the screen for what seems like hours before I finally press call.

I hold my breath, praying he answers.

It rings twice before it goes straight to voicemail.

________________________
Please vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

543K 20.1K 54
Second Instalment Harry and Aubrey have found a blissful life in London. The incidents of the spring are past them, and they have moved forward...and...
15.3K 122 18
"I love you Gabrielle." He said as kisses trailed down to my neck. "I love you, forever and always." I whispered. It took one night. It took one test...
101K 1.9K 37
If two people love eachother, if they truly love eachother, then they'll figure out a way to be together through any situation. They'll toughen up an...
183K 3K 82
[COMPLETE] When Abby Miller meets Niall Horan - a famous boy band member, and has a one night stand with him, she never expected herself to be pregna...