Fading Through Memories

By marvelscs

|Mature Content| This story takes place a few months after Avengers: Age of Ultron. (2016) Bruce Banner never... More

|Warnings|
Prologue
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25| +18
26
27
28|tw
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36|+18
37
38|+18
39
40
41
42
43
44| +18
45|+18
46
47
48
49
50|+18
51
52
53
54
55
56| +18
57
58|+18
59
60
61|+18
62| +18
63
64
65
66
67| +18
68
69
70
71
72
73| +18
74
75
76
77
78
79| +18
80|+18
81
82|+18
83|+18
84
85
86|+18
Epilogue
extra|+18

4

6.5K 73 56
By marvelscs

1 week later.

"Y/n, are you ready?" Wanda asks from outside your room.

Tony insisted that it was time for the rest of the team to meet you. Including the agents of SHIELD, which are an organization that is responsible for defending the earth from groups that pose advanced technological—and sometimes supernatural or extraterrestrial—threats. They basically work with The Avengers to protect the world.

Anyways, Steve and Tony had a little argument over whether this party would be a good idea or not since you still haven't fully recovered from your concussion. Furthermore, there is the small detail that the team has decided to hide the fact that you have powers since you do not know where they come from, nor how to use them and much less how to control when they manifest.

In the end Tony managed to convince Steve, assured him that everything would be fine and promised he'd keep the party short.

"No! I need your help, come in." You groan as you rush to open your door.

"Y/n, why are you still on your towel?" Wanda shakes her head as she gets in.

"I can't decide which one to wear." You pout, looking at the three beautiful dresses lying on your bed.

"We have an hour, y/n." Wanda sighs.

"So help me then!" You plead, shooting your most beautiful puppy dog eyes at her.

The first one is a short black dress. Square neckline and long, loose sleeves that give the dress a casual touch. The second one is a passion red short dress. Spaghetti straps and a V-shaped neckline. And the third one is a pale pink short dress. Silk fabric cinched at the waist. Tiny and thin straps creating a loose, baggy and straight neckline.

"Well?" You chew on your bottom lip.

"I really like the red one but the pale pink one seems to be the best option for the occasion. It looks too good on you to stay in the back of your closet." She rolls her eyes at you, making you chuckle.

"Thank you." You hug her tightly.

"I can't breathe." Wanda laughs as you attack her face with kisses. "Now, hurry up!" She slaps the back of your head playfully.

"Yes, ma'am." You rub your neck as you nod.

"I'll wait downstairs." She smiles before leaving the room.
— — —

"I'm here, I'm here!" You pant, getting in the car. "Where is Peter?"

Wanda turns to see you with tired and upset eyes, making you understand that Peter is not ready yet.

"Friday? Could you let Peter know that we're still waiting for him and if he doesn't come down in 2 minutes, we're leaving him? Please." You tell the AI, making Wanda chuckle at your tone.

"Right away, Miss Y/n." The AI confirms.

It must have worked since the next thing you and Wanda see is Peter running out of the building toward you. 

Wanda and you burst out laughing when you see him without shoes and his jacket caught between his teeth.

"I'm so so so so sorry!" Peter blurts out.

"Get your ass in the car and lets go!" You laugh as you open the door, seeing his hands are busy.

"We're so late, Tony is going to kill us." Wanda sighs.

20 minutes later, the car stops in front of a building that you assume must be one of the thousands Tony owns.

Along the way, you and Wanda managed to help Peter get ready, laughing when a spring breaker knocked Peter into the front seat as he slipped on one of his shoes. 

The building looks new, elegant and expensive. Even being on the first floor, you can hear the music blasting out of the speaker. Wanda, Peter and you enter the building and head to the elevator, marking the top floor as Tony instructed. 

As the elevator doors open, the first thing you can see is Tony and Steve arguing about something while Natasha rolls her beautiful green eyes at them.

"I told you this was a bad idea. What if she doesn't show up because you made her uncomfortable?" Steve hisses at Tony.

"She will show up, Rogers." Tony rubs his temples.

"She's already here." Natasha smiles at you.

"Hi guys, sorry we're late." Wanda says as her gaze shoots daggers at you and Peter.

"No worries. Impressively you don't smell like cow poop. I see you decided to bathe?" Tony smiles sarcastically.

"Always so funny..." You roll your eyes at him.

"You girls look beautiful." Steve says, kissing your cheek and then Wanda's.

"Thanks, Steve." You smile nervously.

"You look fire babe but it's time for you to meet everyone." Natasha hugs you.

A lump forms in your stomach and throat, making your palms start to sweat and your heart start racing. The fear of not knowing how the rest of the team might react to your staying and that you are now part of them making your stomach churn.

"Is there anything I should say or shouldn't do?" You stutter, your heart racing even faster when you see Bucky walking towards you.

"It's better if you keep your mouth shut. They already hate everyone." Bucky smirks. His piercing blue gaze staring right at yours before roaming down your body.

"Don't listen to him, he's an asshole." Natasha chuckles, turning to shoot a death glare at Bucky, who shrugs.

Steve takes you to the main room where everyone is gathered, introduces you to each one on the team and it turns out that they are all very friendly and funny.

"So, Y/n, what brings you here?" Maria Hill asks, taking a swig from her beer bottle.

"Well I—"

"We don't know that yet." Steve interrupts you, gently placing his hand on the small of you back. "She's lost her memory."

His soft and delicate touch sending butterflies to your stomach and warming the skin under his hand. You look up to find his soft blue eyes looking down at you with gentleness and sympathy.

"So, you have no memories, you don't know what you're doing here and you don't know where you come from?" King T'Chala asks with a frown, making your stomach twist at how suspicious it must sound for them.

"Lady Y/n is a mysterious girl." Thor smiles kindly at you, easing the lump on your throat.

"Didn't you find the whole thing suspicious?" The one and only Director Fury steps in, looking at you with strong and indecisive eyes.

"A girl shows up from nowhere and you decide to take her in without knowing anything about her or her past?" Fury walks towards you.

And there it is again.

"I'm not—" Tears burning the back of your eyes as he looks at you.

"What if she's lying? What if she does remember and it's here just to get information?" His huge frame towering you.

"I-I'm not!" You choke.

"Fury, that's enough." Natasha tells him, walking in between you and him.

"She's here and she's not going anywhere anytime soon." Steve demands.

"I understand that my arrival and my condition may be seen more than a little suspicious to you. Especially with the lifestyle and duty that you have with this world. You have more than a thousand reasons why to distrust a person but I assure you that I—" You laugh nervously. "I don't want to hurt anyone or cause any kind of trouble. I just want to be able to remember where I come from and who I am." Your eyes falling to your feet before meeting Fury's again. "I can never thank all of you enough for taking me in despite going through a rough time. But I will not allow anyone to call me a liar, especially when you really insinuating I'm one to the people who have been nothing but kind to me." You turn to look at Bucky, who wears his usual smirk. "Well, most of them."

"She's strong." Fury smiles.

You can't help but see how everyone's eyes are wide open in surprise. Natasha wears a smirk on her lips as her eyes scream pride at you. 

You swallow hard as you hold Fury's gaze, watching him nod. There's an awkward silence and a bunch of staring around the team, but Clint stands up clapping his hands and breaking the tension between everyone.

"Very well then." Clint clears his throat. "Who wants to play spin the bottle?"

"Am I allowed to play?" Peter asks nervously, making Wanda slap his neck.

"Yes, kid, you can play." Steve chuckles.

After Clint's persuasion of the team to play, everyone decided to play. 

You can't help but smile at the memory of Steve trying and failing to convince Bucky to play.

You all sit around a small table, where Clint places an empty beer bottle in the center. Wanda, Peter and you are sitting on the floor with your back against the bottom of the sofa.  Behind you are Agent Hill and Bucky, who managed to convince the others that they wouldn't play with the help of their death stares. And to your bad luck, you find yourself sitting in front of Bucky, who has his legs on each side of your body to let your back rest on the foot of the sofa. 

You are not going to deny that his presence intimidates you a bit but you are not going to deny the feeling in your stomach either. How goosebumps erupt on your skin every time you hear him shift in the couch. Neither how you feel his piercing gaze on your neck, how his eyes roam all over your body when you stand up or how a low growl rumbles in his chest every time he hears you laugh at something.

"I'll play as well." Vision smiles—or tries to.

Your brow furrows as you realize that Vision is possibly the smartest among you all thanks to being, well, an artificial intelligence made man.

"Wouldn't he win if he plays?" You ask, seeing how everyone turns to look at you with a tender smile. "What?" Mumbling confused before everyone bursts into laughter, confusing you even more. 

"Nah, she's too cute!" Scott Lang beams.

You let your head drop as you look down at your lap before you feel Bucky settle into his seat. The hairs on your neck standing up and your heart racing as you feel his breath level with your ear.

"Sweetheart?" His hot breath brushing your neck as you turn to look at him. Your mouth too close to his.

"Mhm?" Not trusting your voice when having him this close.

"This is not a "winner" type of game." He whispers hoarsely in your ear, sending heat to your cheeks, which you blame on the shame.

"Oh..." You lean closer to him unintentionally, closing your eyes and letting your head fall back so his breath brushes your pulse point. "Thank you."

Another groan rumbles from his chest before you feel him lean back in place, falling back into his previous position as your cheeks burn red.

"I'm sorry." You say louder for the team to hear, feeling embarrassed.

"Don't worry, tiny, you'll see how it is." Steve says sweetly.

"Rules are pretty simple. If you choose truth, you have to answer a question and if you choose Dare, you have to do the dare. If you don't do the challenge, you must take a shot." Clint explains "Sure except for BugBoy."

— — —

"I thought you could only ask one question." Bruce says nervously.

"Come on, jolly green! Answer!" Tony laughs.

After a few rounds, everyone is drunk and especially Tony, who has already started asking not so PG questions which Steve feels a little uncomfortable with. 

Natasha is laughing so hard that tears are streaming down her cheeks and Thor is sharing a drink with Clint.

Peter fell asleep about 2 rounds ago and you and Wanda started drawing things on his face with a sharpie you found lying around. 

Scott, Tony, Bruce, and Sam keep playing around and asking stupid questions that have your ribs aching from laughing so hard.

"I will not answer that!" Bruce laughs.

"So do a dare then." Sam suggests.

"That's not fair, I already answered my question. You're all just to nosy." Bruce hisses.

"Spin the bottle then." Sam says before a hiccup makes him cringe.

The bottle heads towards Natasha and towards you. Indicating that you should ask her something or assign a dare to her. "Nat, truth or dare?"

"Truth." She smiles, straightening in her seat.

"If you had to kiss someone on the team, who would you kiss?" You ask as you chuckle.

"I know who I wouldn't." Natasha points at Sam.

"The question was: who would you?" You smirk as she narrows her eyes.

"Everyone except Sam." She shrugs.

Everyone—including Bucky—bursts into laughter as Sam pouts and acts offended. "Come on, Romanoff! That's so mean!"

The well-known and much hated stabbing headache is back and starting to make you feel dizzy. Your eyes burning behind your tightly closed lids as you curse under your breath.

"What's wrong?" Wanda notices and turns to see you.

You plant your palms against the ground to prevent the energy from building on your fingertips, thinking about how much time do you have and if you would be able to reach the bathroom before your eyes start glowing blue. Cursing again when you realize that Bucky is behind you and you could hurt him. 

He's a pain in the ass but I don't want to hurt him.

"It's happening." You whisper to her, looking down at your glowing blue hands and hoping no one else notices.

Please god, don't let me fuck this up.

You close your eyes tightly, hoping that it will prevent others from noticing and praying that the pain in your head will pass quickly.

"Holy shit!" You hear Sam shout and your eyes snap open.

Your vision is blurry as you stand up, noticing how the objects around you levitate as they are surrounded by a blue glow. You feel the eyes of each team member on you and you try to move away, only managing to get trip over someone foot.

"Tiny!" Steve calling out for you and strong hands around your body keeping you from falling being the last thing before everything goes black.

"Fuck!" Bucky shouts, grabbing your head.

"Is she okay?" Natasha rushes towards Bucky and Steve.

"Yes, she's just out." Bucky says softly, picking you up bridal style as Steve runs towards a very drunk Bruce.

"Thank god you caught her." Natasha smirks at Bucky.

"Yeah." His eyes turning soft at the sight of your unconscious body in his arms as everyone murmurs in concern.

"Give her to me." Steve says worriedly, stretching his arms.

"It's fine. I'll take her." Bucky shakes his head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.5K 1.7K 20
He's the one you love but you can't have him. That only makes you want him more y/n and Bucky Barnes have always been best friends. You've always bee...
304K 8.8K 62
Tony's sister that disappeared from his life when she was five reemerges. Tony's less than thrilled as he blames her for what became of their parents...
1M 31K 27
(Book one) When Anna Smith enrolled in the army, she was best friends with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. She left them to follow a dream of becoming...
189K 6K 40
You live in an alternate universe where Clint sacrifices himself instead of Natasha and where Thor sends Thanos' army away instead of Tony. Thor only...