Loving The Sky

By Devilish_angelR

Sherlyn stood still by the door, watching the scene in front of her, frozen in her tracks, her mind completel... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue

Chapter 34

343 13 0
By Devilish_angelR

"Shit, he missed the goal again!" Nick punched the air in frustration, as Ardeth missed to score a goal.

"If he fails in this game today, he would be broken." Sherlyn mumbled holding the seat.

"He needs to get back in form." Marcie said sitting beside Sherlyn, "Johan was saying that Professor Ashford is coaxing Mr.Broughton to conduct the auditions for the new member to replace Ardeth in the game."

"Why would he do that?!" Sherlyn asked turning in lightening speed to look at Marcie.

"Well, some old grudges." Nick shrugged.

"What's the matter with Professor Ashford and his hatred for Ardeth? Even the last time he was trying to frame Ardeth in drug scandal." Sherlyn asked Marcie and Nick.

"You know Maggie, right?" Marcie asked Sherlyn, and she nodded.

"While we were in the freshman year, Professor Ashford called Maggie to his office to discuss about her grades, and behaved inappropriately with her. Maggie came to me crying, while I was in the Soccer field with Johan. Ardeth, who happened to be at the scene got furious hearing about what happened, charged into Professor Ashford's cabin and punched him in his face."

"He punched him!" Sherlyn asked wide eyed.

"Yes, later Johan, Nick and others pulled them apart, Principal Paul, and Professor Luciana everyone looked into the matter, but there was no evidence against Professor Ashford apart from Maggie claiming that he asked her for sexual favours in exchange of increasing her grades."

"Well, wasn't that enough, the victim giving an oral statement against the accused?" Sherlyn questioned.

"Professor Ashford defended himself saying that Maggie is lying because he denied to give her extra marks, and is making baseless accusations on him. Since there was no sound evidence or witnesses to prove him wrong, everyone thought it was just a misunderstanding, and Ardeth was suspended for a month, for physical violence."

"That's so inane." Sherlyn shook her head.

"Well, it is." Marcie nodded, "Since then, Professor Ashford is trying to get his revenge over Ardeth." She sighed. "Seems like now he is finding an opportunity to remove Ardeth from the team."

"Holy... This is a messed up situation." Sherlyn sighed looking at Ardeth, who was looking frustrated because of his failures.

"He is already sad, because he didn't get to play in the tournament last week, and now if they replace him with another member, that would crush him." Nick said in worry.

"Mr.Broughton is confident about Ardeth, that he would make a come back, but I don't know how long he is going to handle the pressure. Even the team members are in the favour of Ardeth, but we can't be sure about the happenings of future." Marcie sighed.

"Hello, Ardeth?" Sherlyn spoke as she picked up the call, "Why are you calling me at one in the morning? Is everything alright?"

"Sorry to disturb your sleep." Ardeth said, "Can you come out with me?"

"Where are you?" Sherlyn asked sitting in her bed.

"Infront of your home."

"Give me five minutes." Sherlyn said slipping into her Jeans, and grabbing her sweater. She waved at Ardeth standing by her window, and he waved back.

Even he looked like he was happy, Sherlyn knew that his failures in the game was taking a toll on him. Even early that day, he didn't speak much about the game, he tried his best to mask his sadness.

"Hey, how are you?" Sherlyn asked Ardeth, kissing on his cheek, after she walked to him.

"I am good, I tried to sleep but I wasn't able to, I felt like going out to get some fresh air, and didn't feel like going out alone." Ardeth said stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"I am happy that you called me." Sherlyn said, "Let's go." She said pulling Ardeth towards his car by his hand, "I will drive."

"Are you feeling cold?" Ardeth asked sitting beside Sherlyn, in his favourite spot on the cliff.

"No." Sherlyn said snuggling closer to Ardeth, wrapping her arms around him. "I have you." She said looking up at his face.

Ardeth smiled and kissed her forehead, and continued to look at the distant lights.

"Do you think, I am losing my touch in the game?" Ardeth asked without taking his eyes off the lights.

"No." Sherlyn's answer was immediate.

"But I feel like I am a failure." Ardeth sighed. "I took a break from the game, and came back yet there is no change."

"Do you love Soccer, Ardeth?" Sherlyn asked.

"If there is anything that I love in this world then that's You, and Soccer." Ardeth answered.

"If you love anything then no matter what you would never fail in it, off course there would be some ups and downs, even we both fight at times, we disagree with eachother. That doesn't mean we would never get together again, there will be days of dark, but it's not permanent." Sherlyn explained.

"I know, but what if it takes a lot of time for me to make a come back and by then I loose my place in the team?"

"Where there is potential, the opportunities will surface, you don't have to find the opportunities when you are good at what you are doing, the opportunities will find you. But let me tell you, you have a very good team, I am sure they will never agree to lose you."

"Yes, Johan spoke with me today, he said not matter what may happen, I will always have a spot in the team." Ardeth smiled.

"See, I told you." Sherlyn smiled, "Don't worry about all these things, concentrate on the game, you will make a great come back, I believe you." Sherlyn said confidently.

"Thank you for believing me." Ardeth smiled hugging her.

"I think we should go back home, it's already late." Sherlyn said looking at the time on her phone.

"Can't we sit here for a few more minutes?" Ardeth requested.

"Fine." Sherlyn said not wanting to say No to Ardeth.

"Ouch, careful." Ardeth whispered.

"Hold me tight, I still am unable to hold to railing." Sherlyn said as she tried to climb the wall, to reach her room.

"Watch your step." Ardeth said as she missed to place her leg on the window ledge.

"Don't shout, Pa will wake up." Sherlyn whispered back, as she held the ledge to climb on.

"Fine, but watch your steps, I don't want you get hurt." Ardeth said as he supported Sherlyn, as she tried to climb the wall.

"Don't worry, I am good, except this snow is making the walls a bit slippery." Sherlyn assured. "Hold me tight, I am going to hold the railing."

"Okay." Ardeth said as supported her holding her legs. "You have gained weight." Ardeth joked.

"Don't you dare comment on my weight." Sherlyn hissed making Ardeth chuckled and adjust her weight.

"Need a helping hand there?" James asked standing behind Ardeth.

"No thanks, we are good." Ardeth answered and his eyes widened as he realised, who it is, "Mr.Priestly!" Ardeth exclaimed turning around, making Sherlyn stumble, but Ardeth and James managed to catch her without getting hurt.

"Pa." Sherlyn mumbled tucking her hair behind her ear.

James stood infront of Sherlyn and Ardeth, folding his hands infront of his chest. While they shuffled on their feet nervously.

"Go inside." James said to Sherlyn, "Through the main door." He added.

"Pa." Sherlyn started.

"Go, it's getting cold outside." James said, "I want to have a word with your boyfriend."

Sherlyn looked at Ardeth, and James before she walked inside the home.

Ardeth stood infront of James feeling nervous and awkward.

James cleared his throat, "Where did you go?"

"To the southern cliff." Ardeth answered.

James nodded.

"I am sorry, I asked Sherlyn to come with me, because I didn't want to be alone..." Ardeth rambled, trying to give an explanation. "She was just trying to..."

"Did I ask for an explanation?" James raised his brow, and Ardeth shook his head in No.

"She is your girlfriend, as long as you keep her safe, and respectful, you can take her out, and you will be safe in my hands." James said, "And when you take her out, I expect for you to bring her home in the same condition, I don't want her to end up with a broken bone, trying to imitate some super heroes, climbing the walls and railings."

"Sorry sir."

"Next time you want to take her out, knock on my door, don't pull the stunts, clear?" James asked and Ardeth nodded.

"Great." James patted his back and walked away. "Are you planning to spend the entire night standing infront of my home?" He asked.

"No sir, goodnight." Ardeth said and jogged towards his car.

"Pa, I am sorry." Sherlyn said looking at her feet.

"You need not be ashamed about being with your man, when he need you the most, Pumpkin." James smiled. " I know he is going through a lot, but your safety is also important."

"You know the key is under the gnome right?" James asked Sherlyn.

"Yes." Sherlyn nodded.

"Good, next time use it." James said and walked inside his room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 32.6K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
412K 13.9K 39
My back was pressed against the wall, and our faces were merely inches away. He gently placed a finger below my chin and tilted my face upward. I tri...
3.5M 89.9K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...
391K 12.1K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...