Loving The Sky

By Devilish_angelR

Sherlyn stood still by the door, watching the scene in front of her, frozen in her tracks, her mind completel... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue

Chapter 23

470 19 0
By Devilish_angelR

"Hey Sherry, are you and Ardeth still not in talking terms?" Nick asked as they began to walk towards the library.

"No." Sherlyn answered ignoring Ardeth, who was standing in the corridor.

That morning when she woke up, she found Ardeth gone, to which she was grateful. If not for the crumpled sheets that smelled like him, she would have thought she dreamt of Ardeth.

"So, how long does this cold war last?"

"Till Ardeth learns his lesson." Sherlyn shrugged.

"Seems like it's going to last very long." Nick sighed as they walked inside the library.

"How are you and Collin doing?" Sherlyn asked as she searched for the books in the library.

"We went on a date last night, it was great." Nick said with a dreamy smile. "And we are planning to spend the weekend in our cottage in the suburbs."

"Collin is lucky to have you as his boyfriend." Sherlyn said patting Nick's shoulder.

"Thank you, I think I am lucky to have him, he completes me." Nick smiled, making Sherlyn go aww.

"Sherlyn." Chris called as he jogged towards Sherlyn, who walked out of the literature class.

"Here comes the wrecker." Nick mumbled earning a glare from Sherlyn.

"Hi Chris, how are you doing?" Sherlyn inquired.

"Couldn't be better." Chris said with a charming smile.

"I hate him." Nick whispered.

"Good for Collin." Sherlyn whispered back.

"So, what do you say?" Chris asked startling Sherlyn.

"Huh?"

"Would you like to go to the book exhibition tomorrow? With me?" Chris asked shuffling on his feet.

"N.O.P.E..." Nick sang standing behind Sherlyn, in a voice audible only to Sherlyn.

"Sure, text me the time and place." Sherlyn said ignoring Nick.

"How about we go there together after the college? I will drop you at home later." Chris asked looking relieved.

"Sounds like a plan."

"Great, thank you, Sherlyn." Chris said and walked away.

"Are you really hanging out with the guy?" Nick asked Sherlyn.

"Yes."

"Ardeth's going to be mad." Nick mumbled.

"His problem." Sherlyn shrugged.

"I am going to Soccer Court." Nick informed.

"Can't we go somewhere else?" Sherlyn asked.

"I want to be there when my Boyfriend is playing."

"Fine, let's go." Sherlyn huffed walking towards the Soccer court.

"Wow, you guys were great in the field today." Nick praised after Ardeth's team managed to wipe out the opponent team without letting them score a single goal. "Aren't they Sherlyn?"

"Yes, the team played well today." Sherlyn said without sparing a glance to Ardeth.

"Hey guys." Marcie said walking in with Johan, "We are going to grab some drinks, wanna join?"

"Sure, why not." Nick replied. "Count both of us in." He said waving his finger between him and Collin.

"What about you guys?" Johan asked looking at Ardeth and Sherlyn.

"I will let it pass, I have to run some errands." Sherlyn said smiling politely.

Johan looked at Ardeth.

"Not today."

"Okay, come on guys, let's go then." Johan said to Nick and Collin.

"I will call you tonight, we can make plan for girl time." Marcie said giving a hug to Sherlyn.

"Why are you following me?" Sherlyn asked annoyed.

"We are heading towards the same direction." Ardeth shrugged.

Sherlyn moved towards her car.

"Sherlyn."

"What?" Sherlyn snapped looking at Ardeth, who was standing by her car shuffling of his feet, with his hands in his pockets.

"You still didn't forgive me." Ardeth stated.

"Why should I?"

"Because I said sorry?"

"Saying sorry is one thing and realising your mistake is another thing."

"I agree I made a mistake, I would never ever say anything offensive again." Ardeth sighed. "Please forgive me?" He asked looking like a lost puppy.

"Argh..." Sherlyn groaned hitting her head slightly to her car. "Fine." She huffed.

"Huh?"

"I forgive you." She rolled her eyes making Ardeth beam.

"Thank you." Ardeth grinned. "Can I kiss you now?" He asked, rubbing his neck. Sherlyn pulled him down to her level by holding the hoodie, he was wearing, and pressed her lips against his.

Ardeth wrapped his arms around Sherlyn's waist lifting her up, as he deepened the kiss.

"My favourite team is playing a Soccer game in the city tomorrow, will you join me to watch the game in the stadium? I have two tickets " Ardeth asked after they broke the kiss.

"Sorry, I have plans with Chris." Sherlyn informed making Ardeth fist his hands, "We are going to the book exhibition in City Center."

"Okay." Ardeth said taking a deep breath, "I will see if Nick would like to take Collin to the game."

"I am sorry." Sherlyn said looking at Ardeth.

"It's okay." Ardeth said walking to his car.

"See you on Monday, Nick." Sherlyn said to Nick taking her bag the next day.

"I still don't like that you are going out with Chris." Nick nagged.

"We already spoke about this Nick, I gave him my word, I can't back out, I don't want to." Sherlyn sighed.

Nick nodded reluctantly.

"Enjoy your weekend with Collin." Sherlyn ruffled Nick's hair to annoy him.

"I will." Nick winked making Sherlyn laugh.

Sherlyn stopped laughing when she saw Ardeth looking in her direction standing a few feet away from her.

Sighing she walked towards him.

"Are you going out with Chris?" Ardeth asked looking at Sherlyn.

"I told you already." Sherlyn replied.

"Okay." Ardeth nodded.

"Bye Nick, Ardeth." Sherlyn said as she walked out of the Soccer stadium.

"Sherlyn..." Ardeth called making Sherlyn stop and turn around.

"What now?" Sherlyn snapped after Ardeth came jogging towards her.

"The weather update says the temperatures are going to drop tonight." Ardeth informed.

"So, are you hinting me to back out?" Sherlyn asked folding her hands infront of her body, ready to give him an earful.

"I wanted to give you this." Ardeth said forwarding his leather jacket towards Sherlyn. "I noticed that you aren't carrying any heavy clothing with you."

Sherlyn nodded and took the jacket from Ardeth.

"Stay safe." Ardeth kissed her forehead and walked away.

"Hey Sherlyn." Chris waved at Sherlyn. "Ready to check out the book exhibition."

"I am excited." Sherlyn smiled.

"Me too." Chris laughed as he opened the car door for Sherlyn to get in.

"I had a great time, thank you Chris." Sherlyn said as she got down the car.

"Me too, thanks for coming with me." Chris smiled, "I hope we can check out the book clubs in future too."

"Chris..."

"As friends." Chris raised his hands.

After spending that evening with Chris, they both came to a conclusion that they hit together as friends.

"Sure." Sherlyn smiled giving a side hug to Chris.

"Goodnight Sherlyn." Chris said and drove away.

Sherlyn waved at him and walked to her home.

"Hey Pa." Sherlyn greeted her father, who was standing in the porch.

"Is that's the lover boy?" James asked looking in the direction Chris left.

"No..." Sherlyn shook her head.

"Ah! It's the side dude then."

"Pa!" Sherlyn shrieked in chagrin.

"What? I am just curious." James furrowed his brows making Sherlyn face palm and shake her head.

"What are you doing?" Sherlyn asked Ardeth over the phone.

"Watching the Soccer match live on the television." Ardeth answered.

"You didn't go to the stadium?"

"Was not interested." Ardeth replied, "So, how was the book exhibition?"

"It was good, anything that involves books, and coffee are always good." Sherlyn smiled.

"I take that you enjoyed your time at exhibition then." Ardeth asked with a hint of jealousy in his tone.

"You can say that." Sherlyn said and a long silence followed.

"Do you want to go out on lunch with me tomorrow?" Sherlyn asked breaking the silence, "My treat."

"You are giving me a treat? Why?"

"Should there be a reason?" Sherlyn rolled her eyes.

"Fine, if you really want to give me a treat, then you can cook one of your family recipes for me."

"Fine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83K 1.6K 74
I walk out my dorm building to the cafe. Just as I'm about to open the door I hear a person call out my name. I turn around to see the person joggin...
390K 12.1K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
9.2M 423K 79
"You know, it won't physically hurt you to be nice for once." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and groaned. "I don't want to take a chance." t...
338 9 8
"What makes you laugh ? Do you think I won't dare to do it ?" I immediately stopped. Was she joking ? It had to be a joke...right ? There's no chanc...