My lord and his mistress

By DearestShookenkooky

*VERY MATURE CONTENT WITHIN* I wasn't partial living in a man's home I had literally no clue of. It slightly... More

Prologue: Sitting in the rain
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Thank you guys!!!
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Guys, I'm really freaking sorry
Should I publish ommited scenes?
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30: The end, don't freak
Thank you guys!
WHEN IS A GOOD DATE FOR SEQUEL
Chapter 31
I'm not his mistress
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Carter- Chapter 11
Narrator-Chapter 12
Carter- Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Joshua- Chapter 15
Carter- Chapter 16
Carter- Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Joshua- Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Cole- Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Carter- Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Violet- Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Violet- Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Joshua- Chapter 40
Joshua- Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Carter- Chapter 43
Blaise- Chapter 44
Adelyn- Chapter 45
Daniel- Chapter 46
Carter- Chapter 47
Blaise- Chapter 48
Adelyn- Chapter 49
Omitted- #5: Chapter 49 part 2
Adelyn- Chapter 50
Teagan- Chapter 51
Cole- Chapter 52
Blaise- Chapter 53
Adelyn- Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Carter- Chapter 56
Aiden- Chapter 57
Blaise- Chapter 58
Blaise- Chapter 58 Pt. 2
Back Chapter-Chapter 59
Teagan-Chapter 60
Adelyn- Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Blaise- Chapter 63
Blaise-Chapter 64
Carter-Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Adelyn- Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Teagan- Chapter 69
Chapter 70-1: The Beginning of the end
Chapter 70-2
Chapter 70-3
Chapter 70-4
Chapter 70-5
A Poll: Requests!
Chapter 1- Carter
Chapter 2-Reyna
Chapter 4- Adelyn
Chapter 5
Chapter 6- Blaise

Chapter 3- Blaise

64 1 0
By DearestShookenkooky

" I know you really want me to come inside with you... But I don't think I want to."

I narrowed my eyes at him playfully " Uncle Daniel, you have no one other than me beside you. You're good!" I hurriedly knocked on the front door. I felt excitement and dread but above all, I was filled with nothing but hope. I hadn't met him, and I knew all about what had happened from my uncles. But I wanted to give this family a chance. The door opened and I was met by a kind face, with deep purple eyes and dark hair. He smiled and moved aside, inviting the two of us in. I pulled my uncle along. We sat in the living room and waited for him to come and sit with us. " And to what do I owe this pleasure?" He asked, sitting down casually. " Oh!" I laughed, as I didn't want those to be my first words to my grandfather. " It's just... It's technically our first time actually meeting and I wanted to meet you... You know..." I chuckled awkwardly. This went way better in my head than it did in person. I sighed deeply " I just... I know things are really awkward for everyone and you but... I hope that won't be the case with us?" I shrugged, hopeful. " Blaise, is it?" He asked. It dawned on me that I never told him who I was in the first place. " Yeah, so sorry! I'm your granddaughter, Blaise! I should've said something about that before..."

" That's fine... And of course. I hope everything's alright." He sighed, rustling my hair up. I chuckled and did my best to fix it out. " Hey, your hair looks pretty cool. Tell me about it."

" Oh! Uncle Daniel helps me dye my hair. It's electric blue and peach... It just felt like a good combination of colors... But I'm going to re-dye soon. " He looked at me confused " Well, it looks fine. Why the rush?"

" I've had these colors in for... 3 months? Its just time for something new."

" So... What colors?"

" I'm doing black and violet. Plus I'm cutting my hair.. And I'm cutting off... 15 or so inches?" My uncle Daniel looked surprised and so did my grandpa. " Wow... So... Almost all of it?"

" yeah... It'll be short soon."

" Well that's something to look forward to." He sighed. " Did either of you eat before coming?" My stomach had the audacity to growl before I would politely decline. He chuckled and walked over to the open bar in his kitchen. " My wife made extra pasta, would you like some?"

" Oh, is that okay with her?" He nodded, " It's fine!" Uncle Daniel was definitely not comfortable here and it was awkward for him. You could feel it in the air.

" Grandpa... Can I have those chocolates?"

" Have as many as you want! But don't spoil your appetite." I nodded and had a few that were in a crystal glass stand on the bar.

" Hey dad, question." Uncle Daniel sighed. " I thought we weren't talking. Are you and everyone else caving?"

" Yes. The silence and distance is unbearable. Now I was going to ask if those chocolates happen to have... Almonds, at all?"

" Yes... She's- wait she's allergic to...?" He asked awkwardly and just barely understanding. My uncle nodded " Well all the ones I've eaten had cherry filling or caramel in the center." I chimed in. My uncle sighed in relief. " Please refrain from them." I huffed softly, disappointed. I closed the lid to the crystal glass. " Grandpa, I know this probably isn't the time... But I wanted to know more about Uncle Daniel as a kid!" A shadow of darkness passed over his face and he continued to look over the pasta that was being warmed up on his stove. " The truth is... I barely know. I left his mother before he matured fully, and before that, I was in hell, being punished for some crazy stuff I did in the past." I could tell he was sad just thinking about it all " I wish I got to know him more. In the way I should've." Now I could hear nothing but pain in his voice." In the way I promised." He whispered softly. I felt guilty about that. It seemed like my uncle Daniel didn' t exactly tell me everything." Sorry I brought it up Grandpa, I didn't mean to make you sad-"

" Don't worry about it, Blaise. I just want you and your sister to live a life that you won't look back on in pain and in sadness. Live with no regrets. I'm alive and I have more regrets than I can name and I don't want that for you, or anyone else in our family." He murmured, wearing a smile that would shatter to pieces the moment he would look away.

" Grandpa?"

" Yes?"

" Is the pasta ready?" We all had a laugh, even if for a moment, it felt like I was slowly winning back my family.

Carter's P.O.V

" This is... A bit weird, but bear with me." Reyna took off her shirt and used it to cover herself as she removed her bra. I looked away for a moment " What exactly did you want to show me?" I asked. Crack. A slivering sound, almost like moving flesh and snapping bones was all I could hear. My jaw dropped at what I saw.

" This. This is what I haven't shown anyone... Ever."

" Jet Black wings..." my voice trailed off. I remembered those same marks on Sapphire's back. As much as I would love to forget it, they were almost identical to Reyna's marks. Rips in the flesh that healed instantly but still left marks along her upper back. " What?" She asked. " If what you said was true, of course you'd have these wings. What about Roman?" Something glinted in her eyes... Fear. " Roman has them as well... I don't know what they mean... Or do, even."

" Where's Roman now? Can you track him?"

" Not anymore. But I'll take you to the stream where we found-" she let out a pained wince as her wings shrunk back into her flesh. " To where we found the angel."

She dressed and let out a jagged and tearful sigh. " We'll figure out a way to find out what's happening, Reyna. Don't worry." For a moment, I wanted to convince myself for her sake that we'd be able to do this but... This involved angels, way out of my expertise. But I had a favour that I could ask of one. That was a start.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 72.8K 89
*THIS BOOK NEEDS TO BE HEAVILY EDITED* TW: kidnapping, manipulation, toxic/abusive relationship, violence, death, grief, self-harm, suicidal thoughts...
147K 1.7K 16
*Dark Short Story with triggers including abuse/torture and violence, sexual assault, stalking and home invasion* Someone has been been following me...
8.2M 195K 100
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
41.9K 1.5K 44
"Luce, I need to tell you something" Jax said in a soft voice. "Oh no you don't! You say a word and I will send my panda-corns to maul you!" I threat...