Loving The Sky

By Devilish_angelR

Sherlyn stood still by the door, watching the scene in front of her, frozen in her tracks, her mind completel... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue

Chapter 5

1K 24 0
By Devilish_angelR

"Okay, let's get this straight. So, the person you accidentally walked on while he was *cough* turns out to be your new best friend's best friend?" Amelia asked as they sat in the corner most table of a local cafe.

"Yes." Sherlyn sighed.

It has been exactly 51 minutes 21 seconds since Sherlyn met Amelia Davis, the barista in the local cafe near her college. They hit it off immediately, Amelia's warm and friendly nature immediately enveloped Sherlyn like one of the warm hugs in the frosty winter. After meeting her Sherlyn realised that how badly she was in a need of a friend.

"So, is it like you got hots for him?"

"Eww...no!" Sherlyn replied immediately. "He is such a man whore, bloody skirt chaser. Why would I even look at him."

"Well, Sweetie..." Amelia said calmly, "If you don't look at him, how the hell did you get to know he was always staring at you!" She exclaimed.

"Well...that..." Sherlyn searched for the answer.

"The answer is you are staring at him as much as he at you." Amelia dead panned.

"But... I don't like him." Sherlyn answered.

"Whatever makes your boat sail." Amelia rolled her eyes.

"So, what are you doing today?" Sherlyn asked as she got to know Amelia only works in the cafe in the evenings.

"Going home to hit the sack." Amelia answered as she pulled her red hair into a messy ponytail.

"It's 9AM!" Sherlyn scrunched her nose.

"I know Sweetie, but I have my semesters starting next week and a lot of assignments to do. And I am working night shifts, so gotta rest in the morning." Amelia smiled as she tapped Sherlynn's nose with her index finger.

Amelia is a hotel management student, who studies in the college in uptown, much to Sherlynn's disappointment of not having her in the same college.

"Fine, have a sound sleep." Sherlyn said gathering her stuff from the table. "And say my thanks to Hazel." She grinned.

Hazel is Amelia's co-worker at the cafe, who took a leave in the last minute, asking Amelia for the favour, to cover her shift. If not for her Sherlyn wouldn't have met Amelia Davis.

"I am glad I found a friend today, see you soon, Sherry." Amelia smiled as she wrapped Sherlyn in a hug. "I will let her know."

"Me too." Sherlyn smiled and walked to the college.

"Hey Marcie, how are you feeling today?" Sherlyn asked as she took seat beside her in the Sociology class.

"Terrible." Marcie groaned. "I have the worst possible hangover from Rosalie's party last night."

"I take that the party was great then."

"It was great and all, but my head pains like a bitch even after gallons of coffee and Painkillers." Marcie shook her head.

"What about Johan? How is he?" Sherlyn enquired about her boyfriend who accompanied her to the party last night.

"That asshole is fine, he stayed sober last night, so he could drive me home." Marcie smiled slightly, "He is at home cleaning the mess I made last night, in his apartment. He doesn't have any classes until afternoon today."

"He is a sweetheart, isn't he?." Sherlyn felt really happy that Marcie found a nice guy like Johan.

"That he is." Marcie blushed.

"Good Morning class." Professor Ashford said cutting their conversation short.

"Sherry... Sherry..." Nicholas whispered as Sherlyn was taking down the notes in Professor Luciana's literature class.

"What is it, Nick?" Sherlyn whisper shouted.

"Matthew invited us to his birthday party."

"Matthew who?" Sherlyn frowned as she was still not familiar with most of the people in the class.

"Matthew Walter." Nicholas said gesturing towards her back.

She turned around and saw a Tall sandy haired guy sitting in the bench behind them wave.

Sherlyn smiled with nod in acknowledgement.

"I didn't take you as a guy who goes to parties and stuff." Sherlyn whispered to Nicholas.

"No, I don't... Not often." Nicholas explained, "It is that Matthew is a good friend of mine, he helped me with my assignments when I broke my ankle and was in hospital last semester. I don't want to say no to him."

"Okay then, you go to the party."

"Sherry, I will get bored, besides everyone has a date with them to go to the party, I don't want to go alone and you know that I am shy around the girls, except for you. Please... Do me this favour." Nicholas literally begged.

"It has been two week since we became friends, and you are already asking me favours." Sherlyn teased.

"Sherry, please... I promise to drop you home by ten."

"Fine, text me the time and place." Sherlyn huffed.

"Tonight at 7PM in his farm house. I will pick you up."

"You better." Sherlyn said as she mentally made a note to let Marcie know that she have a party to attend.

She was very clueless when it comes to getting ready for a social gathering, so Marcie is the one whom she could look up on to. Perks of having a fashionista for a cousin.

"And you drop me back at home by night."

"Deal." Nick smiled brightly.

"Can't you stay straight for a minute?" Marcie scolded as she curled Sherlynn's hair, "Are you trying to get my hand burnt with curl iron?"

"Sorry." Sherlyn squeaked as she sat straight infront of the mirror, allowing Marcie to continue what she is doing.

As soon as Sherlyn informed Marcie about her plans with Nick this evening, she drove Sherlyn straight to Marcie's house, and immediately began to get her party ready.

"Huh...finally!" Marcie let out a satisfactory sigh as she finished curling Sherlynn's hair. "Now get up and make a twirl for me." She ordered as she plopped down on her bed.

Sherlyn twirled around infront of her and walked to the mirror to check out.

The A-line long sleeved one shoulder black dress Marcie lent her ended just a bit down the mid thigh, bless the height difference, Marcie's clothes were a bit extra long, for Sherlynn's own good. She did a smoky eye and curled the brown hair in beach waves, and pinned to a side.

"Now wear these stilletos." Marcie said as she pulled black stilletos from under her bed.

"Thank you Marcie, you are the best." Sherlyn hugged her as she got a message from Nick that he would be reaching Marcie's house in five minutes.

"What are cousin's for?" Marcie patted Sherlynn's arm, "Enjoy the party and call me if you need anything." She said handing her the clutch.

"It's so dark over here." Sherlyn said as she walked inside Matthew' s farm house with Nick.

"It is supposed to be dark, there's a party going here." Nick rolled his eyes as he guided her inside.

"Hey Matt." Nick waved Matthew Walter, who had a hot girl with her hands wrapped around him.

"Hey Nick, thanks for coming, enjoy the party." Matthew shouted over the music. " You too, Darling." He winked at Sherlyn.

"Do you drink?" Sherlyn asked Nick in surprise, as they sat on the bar stools.

"Occasionally." Nick answered as he took the beer from the bar tender. "What about you?"

"Teetotaller." Sherlyn smiled raising her glass of orange juice.

"Great, more for me." He said as he ordered for a Whiskey on rocks.

"Hey, don't forget you have to drive me home." Sherlyn reprimanded Nick.

"Or you can drive me home." Nick wiggled his brows as he gulped down another glass of Whiskey.

"Idiot." Sherlyn mumbled. "Come on, let's go and dance."  Sherlyn said gesturing towards the dance floor.

Nick and Sherlyn began to dance like idiots on the dance floor, doing funny movements, laughing out loud.

"I will go get some drinks." Nick shouted over music and before Sherlyn can answer he walked away towards the bar.

"Feeling lonely, beautiful?" A hand wrapped around Sherlyn as a heavy alcoholic breath fanned over her neck, causing goosebumps.

"No, I have a date." She said trying to pry away the hand.

"Oh, your little boy friend seems to be wasted for night." The guy said tightening his hold, "Come with me, I will show you what is it like to be with a real man." He said as his hand creeped above her waist.

"Get away from me." Sherlyn shouted pushing him away from me, making him stumble. "Don't you dare touch me without my consent."

"Sherry, what happened?" Nick asked as he came running towards them.

"Nothing, let's get away from here." Sherlyn said and tried to pull Nick away.

"What happened, Sherry?" Nick asked as he looked between her and the guy, who was standing a feet away from them smirking.

"Noth..."

"I told your girlfriend that I will show her how good a real man fu.." Nick punched the guy square on his face sending him stumbling to the ground.

"Nick, stop..." Sherlyn cried as he began to kick the guy in his stomach in a mad fury.

The other guys from the party joined and soon there was a drunken brawl as the people got divided into two groups and began punching each other, violently.

"Nick..." Sherlyn cried in horror as she watched a guy smash the beer bottle over Nick's head.

She ran towards Nick as he fell to the ground blood dripping from his head.

"Nick... Nick..." Sherlyn cried as she shook him, "Help..." She cried but no one was in a position to acknowledged my cries.

Sherlyn pulled out the mobile from Nick's pocket, she groaned in frustration as her hands shivered, making the phone fall. She took it in her hands and dialled the first number on the list.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 36.6K 42
#1 in roommates tag 03|12|2018 #2 in new adult tag 12|12|2018 #3 in drama tag 23|06|2019 *Originally titled 'The Art of the Bartender's Heart'* "Can...
517K 10.9K 44
I let a smirk take it's place on my face as I sauntered over towards him. He looked very amused, but I knew what I was doing. "I heard you're a playe...
9.2M 423K 79
"You know, it won't physically hurt you to be nice for once." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and groaned. "I don't want to take a chance." t...
14.1K 793 45
"You look so gorgeous, ravishing and smashing Mackenna." He groaned and dipped his face into my neck. The way he said my name was so hot, sexy and da...