š—¦š—”š—Øš——š—”š——š—˜ āœ¦ š—“š—¼š—暝—¼š˜‚ āœ”ļøŽ

By Daffodil_Chan

DISCONTINUED - pls note that the author has a love-hate relationship with this piece of work and would just l... More

š˜€š—®š˜‚š—±š—®š—±š—² įƽ š˜€š˜†š—»š—¼š—½š˜€š—¶š˜€ + š—¶š—ŗš—½š—¼š—暝˜š—®š—»š˜ š—»š—¼š˜š—² .
š—½š—暝—¼š—¹š—¼š—“š˜‚š—² įƽ š˜š—µš—² š—Æš—暝—¼š—øš—²š—» š˜€š˜š—暝—¶š—»š—“š˜€ š˜†š—¼š˜‚ š—µš—¼š—¹š—± .
š—°š—µš—½š˜ š—¼š—»š—² įƽ š˜š—µš—² š˜€š˜‚š—»š˜€š—²š˜'š˜€ š—°š—®š—¹š—¹ š—³š—¼š—æ š—³š—暝—²š—²š—±š—¼š—ŗ .
š—°š—µš—½š˜ š˜š˜„š—¼ įƽ š˜‚š˜€š—²š—¹š—²š˜€š˜€, š˜‚š—»š˜„š—®š—»š˜š—²š—± š—®š—ŗš—Æš—¶š˜š—¶š—¼š—» .
š—°š—µš—½š˜ š˜š—µš—暝—²š—² įƽ š—µš—¶š˜€š˜š—¼š—暝˜† š˜„š—¼š—»'š˜ š—暝—²š—½š—²š—®š˜ š—¶š˜š˜€š—²š—¹š—³ .
š—°š—µš—½š˜ š—³š—¼š˜‚š—æ įƽ š—ŗš—®š˜† š˜€š˜„š—²š—²š˜ š—±š—暝—²š—®š—ŗš˜€ š—“š˜‚š—¶š—±š—² š˜†š—¼š˜‚ .
š—°š—µš—½š˜ š—³š—¶š˜ƒš—² įƽ š—Æš—¶š˜š˜š—²š—暝˜€š˜„š—²š—²š˜ š—暝—²š˜‚š—»š—¶š—¼š—» .
š—°š—µš—½š˜ š˜€š—¶š˜… įƽ š—¶š—“š—»š—¼š—暝—®š—»š—°š—² š—¶š˜€ š—Æš—¹š—¶š˜€š˜€ .
š—°š—µš—½š˜ š˜€š—²š˜ƒš—²š—» įƽ š—²š˜€š˜€š—² š—¾š˜‚š—®š—ŗ š˜ƒš—¶š—±š—²š—暝—¶ .
š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š–ŗš–¼š— š—š—š—‹š–¾š–¾
š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š–ŗš–¼š— š–暝—ˆš—Žš—‹
š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š–ŗš–¼š— š–暝—‚š—š–¾
š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š–ŗš–¼š— š—Œš—‚š—‘
š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š–ŗš–¼š— š—Œš–¾š—š–¾š—‡
š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š–ŗš–¼š— š–¾š—‚š—€š—š—
š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š–ŗš–¼š— š—‡š—‚š—‡š–¾
š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š—‚š—‡š—š–¾š—‹š—…š—Žš–½š–¾ š—ˆš—‡š–¾
š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š—‚š—‡š—š–¾š—‹š—…š—Žš–½š–¾ š—š—š—ˆ
š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š–ŗš–¼š— š–¾š—…š–¾š—š–¾š—‡
š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š–ŗš–¼š— š—š—š–¾š—…š—š–¾
š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š–ŗš–¼š— š—š—š—‚š—‹š—š–¾š–¾š—‡
š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š–ŗš–¼š— š–暝—ˆš—Žš—‹š—š–¾š–¾š—‡
š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š–ŗš–¼š— š–暝—‚š–暝—š–¾š–¾š—‡
š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š–ŗš–¼š— š—Œš—‚š—‘š—š–¾š–¾š—‡
š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š–ŗš–¼š— š—Œš–¾š—š–¾š—‡š—š–¾š–¾š—‡

š—ˆš—…š–½ š—š–¾š—‹š—Œ. š–ŗš–¼š— š—š–¾š—‡

9.9K 345 1.1K
By Daffodil_Chan

❝ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗔𝗦𝗧 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗦
𝗜𝗡𝗦𝗜𝗗𝗘 𝗠𝗘 𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘 𝗔
𝗦𝗘𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗗 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧 ❞

-John Banville

T/W
Gore

DRIP, DROP, DRIP, DROP...

It was pitch black. Darkness was surrounding you. You couldn't feel your body nor see anything, you could only hear the sound of your heart beating. Was this a dream? Or a nightmare?

"M̵̪̔̌̎a̸̫̗͍̾̅̽̆͘̚k̴̢͖̤͕͋͊̈́̿o̷͔̙̹̣͐ṯ̴͎͖̖͎͠ơ̶̦̹͖͈͘̕ ̶̺̗̱̍̃̕ͅḯ̶͔̞͒̇̚̕ś̵̼̯̙̏̚͘͝ ̴̰͛͗̚g̸̭͈̫̲̟̓ȯ̷̰̍̉͝͝n̵̲͊̍͆͝ę̴̯̍̈̀.̶̘̳̹̤̯͗̅̃.̸̢̙̺̟̤̝͊͐̈̈̄̄.̷̥̻̞̝̈̃̋̌̈́̓ͅ.̷̡͙͊̍̽͠.̴̩̘̖͈̀ ̸͚̺̺̙̙́̿P̷̳̍̄̒̎l̸̙̄̀̉͌͆̚e̵̟̱͎͂́̈́ȃ̶͖͎̼̬̠̎̂ͅs̸͎̠̋̊͌͊͜͠e̶̢̠̺̯̊̒̓̈́ ̷͙̣͚̓̊ḱ̵̞̯͗̽̈́i̸͙͖̤̞̇̀̉̄̈́͆ḷ̴͕̤̪̑̈́͒l̷̦͊̎͒ ̷͑͋ͅm̶̞̼̳̬̔̈́̐̓è̶̢ ̸̗̰̐͆͑͊̈́͝E̶͓͔͈̻̩͌́͐͐͘͜ì̶̙̈̃̄̕͝.̴̯͂̂͝.̵͇̂̌.̸͉̞̙̑̎"

You heard someone spoke, yet it was all a blur and jumbled up. It sounded like a plea.

Then, thunder struck. Your heart suddenly started beating rapidly. It didn't help that you were also stuck in a dream. Maybe it was a lucid dream? You didn't know. You feared the thunder. Yet you had always forced yourself to suck it up.

But now, you were terrified. You felt nothing, almost all your senses were gone except for your hearing.

After that, you heard frantic cries, bloodcurdled screaming, heated arguments, the sound of a blade cutting through the air. More and more thunder strikes. A plea for help, a cry of despair.

It suddenly stops. It suddenly becomes quiet.

You were now stuck in the same spot that was consumed by darkness. Your heart still pounding. Suddenly, a flash of light appearered. Blinding you for a mere second.

"MAMA! MAMA! WHERE ARE YOU-"

You heard a voice cry out. You tried to look around but your head wouldn't move. You regained your senses, and you could feel your body move, as if you were running.

"MAMA!" A familiar voice shouted out.

That's when it hit you. You were experiencing someone else's memory? Dream? Nightmare? Was it possible, that you were experiencing one of [Name]'s memories?

Her bare feet ached as she ran though the forests, ran up the mountains, and ran through the rocky grounds. Her breathing was quickened and you could feel her heart beating. Just as fast yours.

As she, or the both of you, reached at the top of the mountain. You saw her, you saw Baal with her polearm in hand. Her back faced the both of you, someone else was lying infront of her.

"A-Auntie Ei, I c-can't find mama or moma.." The girl sobbed, you felt her hot tears roll down her face.

'Ei?' You thought to yourself. 'is that Baal's real name?'

'Ei' or Baal visibly stiffened at the sound of her voice. She looked at the child who had the same name as you with a wave of emotions. Horror, guilt, regret, sorrow?

"A-Auntie?"

She moved forward, trying to see what was in front of Baal.

A gasp came out of her mouth, both hands covering it. The sight infront of you was something a child should've never seen.

The woman you saw last time, Estella. Laid there in a pool of blood which you expected to be her own. A clean cut across her neck letting blood drip down the side, her veins was seen as a pitch black colour and her hair was a mess. Her beautiful amaranthine eyes were not shining with kindness nor gave the soft glow it once did. It was dull, dead, emotionless. Her now black veins were covering her body from head to toe.

You wanted to vomit at the sight, but it seemed that the little girl beat you too it as she puked at the side. The skin on her hands were now as white as snow. Her breathing became ragged, as she was trying to process what she had just saw. That's when the both of you saw it. The blood on the tip of Baal's polearm, slowly dripping down on the corpse.

"[N-Name].." She managed to stutter out.

The girl shook her head, backing away each time Baal moved forward.

"W-why.. Why did you-" The tears seemed to have never ended as the girl sobbed.

Baal reached her hand out to the girl, but her vision was blurred. So neither you nor the girl could see the horror on her face.

"S-STAY AWAY-"

The young girl wiped the tears off her face. Her heart dropped in a beat. Her hands were-

"A-Auntie.." Her voice meek and quiet.

"Why are my veins turning black..?" She choked out. Fear taking over.

Then, she looked up to her auntie, the archon you served under, Baal. If you were in control of her body right now, then your eyes would've widened in surprise seeing tears roll down Baal's face despite her trying to wipe them off with the sleeve of her kimono.

"Gomen [Name]... I'm sorry..." Her voice unsteady, as she raised her polearm. Her eyes a glowing purple.

"Auntie... What are you-"

You saw the thin sharp blade go down. Ready to cut you- No, the girl [Name] whose eyes you were looking through right now.

That was when everything went dark once again.

Yet, a white vision appeared in front of her during her supposedly last moments.

In front of you.

You woke up in shock. Your heart beating twice as fast as before. You checked to see if you had accidentally woken up Sayu, thankfully you didn't.

A sigh of relief left your mouth as you tried to relaxed yourself. 'Archons, I can't even sleep without something disturbing me...' You sarcastically thought. You closed your eyes for a few mere seconds to try and forget what you had just saw.

"Well, what an unexpected sight to behold. Don't you think lady Ayaka?"

'Oh.' You could recognise that damn voice from anywhere.

You opened your eyes and slighty glared at the male voice you heard.

"Thoma." Your voice clearly hinting that you did not want to be disturbed.

"Milady." He greeted back without a single care in the world.

You switched your gaze to the daughter of the Kamisato clan. Who hid her face behind that fan of hers.

"And princess Ayaka." You said, emphasis on the princess part.

"No need for formalities ms [Name]." Ayaka said as she closed her fan, revealing her identity to you.

You looked at Thoma, the vision bearer who escaped the ceremony held by the shogunate, with a deadpanned look. "Your seriously revealing yourself out in the open. In front of a general nonetheless."

"Not to mention bringing the lady of the Kamisato clan who appears to have a cryo vision." You said as you caught a glimpse of the icy vision. With the mention of the cryo vision, Ayaka looked at Thoma, moving behind him. Her face clearly saying, what are you going to do now?

"Believe me, this wasn't planned. We we're just looking for Sayu. I'm sure you know who she is by the looks of it." Thoma said pointing at the sleeping form of Sayu.

You hummed in response, "I do know. She's very.. Honest with her words and very crafty if I do say so myself." You looked at Thoma who now had a serious expression on his face.

"I didn't take her vision if that's what you're thinking. Nor will I bother to try take yours. I'm taking the day off. After, a certain incident in Ritou." You scoffed looking at the opposite direction.

"Let me guess. Someone attempted to poison you in Ritou today?"

You narrowed your eyes at the pyro user. It was a sign to Thoma that he was right.

"Are you.. Okay [Name]?" Ayaka asked, her eyes showed that she was worried yet you didn't notice it.

"That's none of your business." You responded sourly as you slightly glared at Ayaka. "And aren't you going to take the kid? My legs are going numb as we speak."

Ayaka quickly apologised before picking up Sayu, trying her best not to wake the child up.

"My my. No need to act so bitter. We all used to be friends here no?" Thoma said in a carefree voice which didn't correspond to your bitter demanor.

"Keyword, used." You blandly pointed out, yet your voice had a hint of venom hidden inside.

The atmosphere became awkward as you said those words. It wasn't a lie, but the two of them wished it could be.

"Uhm... Thoma, may I.. Discuss with ms [Name] in private?" Ayaka said, her voice threatening to break.

Thoma nodded, taking Sayu from Ayaka. You could hear him whisper the words be careful to Ayaka as he walked off somewhere close by yet the both of you could talk in private.

"May I?" The light-blue haired girl asked politely, pointing at the spot where Sayu used to sit.

You only shrugged. Ayaka sat down elegantly beside you, wiping off any excess dirt that could've gone on her skirt.

"Elegant and graceful as always Ayaka?" You said, deciding to try start a converstation before anything got awkward. Disregarding your tone of voice from earlier.

"Mhm.." Her reply was quiet. You could tell that she was uncomfortable as she was messing with the hem of her skirt.

"[Name]..." Ayaka put her hand over yours much to your surprise.

"If.. If you leave the army now, you can hide in the Yashiro commission with Thoma-" She said with confidence. A determined look in her eyes that looked like it could not be unwavered.

"Ayaka.."

She didn't hear you. "And- And we can help you get off Inazuma. You wanted to go to Liyue when we were younger? Remember?" She recalled those memories you buried off ages ago.

"Ayaka-" You tried grabbing her attention but to no avail.

"A-And maybe.. You can try talking with Kazuha, Kokomi and Yoimiya, perhaps even straighten things out with Gorou-"

"Ayaka!" You raised your voice, which got her attention.

Ayaka slightly jumped when you raised your voice. She took her hand back, muttering a sorry to you.

She was desperate to bring you back. You could tell that she had everything planned out. Where you would go when you needed to hide, an escape plan just for you and a chance to reconcile with old friends who you cut ties with years ago.

A tear rolled down Ayaka's face, "I'm sorry [Name].. I just.. the thought of fighting against an- an old comrade never crossed my mind." She carefully chose the words old comrade instead of friend. Her voice started to break, more tears started to build up.

"I-I really don't want to hurt you [Name]. You were one of my friends, and it still hurts that you did what you did ages ago." Now they were starting to roll down her cheeks. Ayaka started to constantly wipe her face with the fabric of her sleeves.

"I don't want to believe the sweet [Name] who always encouraged me to go out and try new things is going to be my enemy. I don't wanna fight her-" Ayaka sobbed.

In a swift movement, you pulled Ayaka in a warm embrace which surprised the kamisato girl. "You have a good heart with good intentions Ayaka." You softly said as you tried calming her down.

In all honesty, you didn't even know why you were even trying to comfort her. Maybe it was just a habit you developed when you were still a child. But nows not the time to be reminiscing your childhood.

"Ayaka. Six years ago was when I started to turn my back on all of you. Two years later, we lost a dear friend because of me and now.." You said, still patting her back. A memory of an old friend flashed through your mind.

"I'm offically on the otherside Ayaka." You softly said, Ayaka tensed at your words.

"It's a harsh truth. So I should apologise. But before that.."

You paused for a moment. No smile appeared on your face. "Thanks Ayaka, for not giving up on me. Unfortunately you need to start moving on. I don't want you to hesitate in battle because of me." Your tone of voice wouldn't have matched with your facial expression.

"I'm not the [Name] you used to know. Sorry Ayaka." You whispered, your voice did not show any emotions anymore like it did before. You put on your facade once again, just like you've always did.

"Did the you talk things out with lady Ayaka?" Thoma inquired. Him also currently carrying Sayu on his back.

"Maybe I did. Maybe I didn't. I'm sure you'll find out anyways, after all miss Kamisato trusts you." You said, sneaking a few glances to Ayaka who was trailing behind the both of you.

You heard Thoma sigh, "Look [Name]. I know that we aren't as close as we used to be but at least try talk to Ayaka. You know how busy it is with the Yashiro commission. Ayaka barely goes out anymore, she doesn't even have enough time to make friends." Thoma said, he was obviously concerned about the wellbeing of his friend.

You raised a brow, "Really? Seems like her and the traveller have this thing going on between them." You say, recalling the time you saw the two together running through Ritou and back before the bounty was placed on the traveller, Aether's head.

Thoma looked at you before chuckling, "What's so funny?" You asked confused.

"You're so oblivious sometimes."

You looked at him with a deadpanned expression on your face, "Whatever, I'll talk to miss Kamisato now since she doesn't bother me as much as you do."

You slowed down your walking pace, going beside Ayaka who was looking down at her feet.

'She must've had taken it really badly. What the fuck do I say-' mood.

"So... You and the traveller are friends now correct?"

"!!"

You looked at Ayaka, a nervous look on her face. "Did I say something wrong?" You asked, definitely confused on she was so nervous.

It took you a few seconds to realise why she was starting to get nervous. You sighed, stretching your arms out, "I'm not going to arrest him. Yet." You said. "I'm just glad you've made a friend."

Ayaka only nodded. The both of you caught up with Thoma and the sleeping totally not a tanuki Sayu. The sight of Ritou came back into view. You hoped that the crowd from before wasn't there-

'Wait a minute...' A thought suddenly popped into your mind. You quickly turned to Thoma, "Hey, how long has it been?"

Thoma looked at you confused, "It's been a day and about three hours. Why?"

You let out a frustrated groan, "Ugh- I missed out on three hours of work- Sara-san is going to nag me-"

"[Name] onee-san?" A tired voice said.

Sayu had woken up, she squinted her eyes at the sight of the unpleasant sun. She noticed Thoma and Ayaka.

"Oh.. Morning mister Thoma. Morning miss Ayaka." Sayu yawned.

Sayu blinked a few times to keep herself awake. Thoma let Sayu down, which she stumbled a bit but regained her balance. She suddenly tugged on the hem of your outfit.

"Is [Name] feeling better now?"

You nodded, taking out the daruma plush Sayu gave you earlier. You gave it back to Sayu but she held it out for you which surprised not just you, but Thoma and Ayaka.

"Keep daruma! Daruma will keep [Name] healthy and safe!" Sayu smiled.

You held the daruma like it was a birthday present given to you. "Thank you Sayu, I'll keep it safe."

You looked at Thoma and Ayaka. "I guess this is where we will part ways. The next time we see each other, I'll not hesitate to take your visions." You said seriously. The change of attitude seemed to have snapped Thoma and Ayaka out of their surprised state.

"Of course, you're doing your job after all." Thoma replied back.

"And Ayaka."

You walked up to her, placing a hand in her shoulder. "Wear protection-"

"EH?!" Ayaka shrieks, suddenly interrupting you.

"F-F-FOR WHAT?" Her face a bright red, it was out of character for the usual calm princess of the Kamisato clan.

You blinked a couple of times, ".... On the battlefield?"

"..... O-Oh-"

It took you a couple of minutes to realise what Ayaka thought you initially thought. Making you face-palm, literally.

"My my, lady Ayaka what has gone through that head of yours? Is this because of that date with Aeth-" Thoma said amused, its not everyday you get to see the princess lose her cool (Pun intended), calm, collected self.

"NOTHING THOMA! NOTHING AT ALL-" AYaka quickly interuppts, shaking her head profusively.

"Since when did miss Kamisato go on a date?" You pondered.

"D-Don't think too much of it [Name] :')" The Kamisato girl said, sighing in defeat.

Somewhere in the mountains of Liyue. A certain anemo adeptus gazed at the island of Eternity from miles away.

"I see that my favourite adeptus is here once again!" A happy chirpy voice. Obviously reeking of dandelion wine yet he was not drunk. Thank the anemo archon- Wait-

"Don't bother him Barbatos." A deep voice said, obvious that he was tired of the crap his old friend was pulling.

"I told you to call me Venti, Zhongli."

"Quiet." The adeptus said, sighing.

"Awh, does Xiao onii-chan miss his sister- Ack-"

Zhongli rolled his eyes, knocking out the noisy anemo archon who apparently had too much freedom.

Zhongli ruffled Xiao's hair a tiny bit, "I'm sure she's fine. She's capable of taking care of herself."

"Mhm.."

The two archons left leaving the lone anemo adeptus.

'I'll just hope you haven't crossed paths yet.' He thought. A chill running down his spine.

Thanks for reading Act X of Saudade!

That's the end of the first arc with 2.9k words :D

I literally have a mission to make all the Inazuma characters make an appearance in this or have a purpose cause imo Inazuma arc kinda did em dirty-

Theories anyone? :D

Qotd -

Which element (In terms of characters) are your comfort characters?

For me, most of them would have to be anemo. But my no. 1 comfort character would have to be Chongyun :D

Okay, time to try think of ova worthy chapters- Byee ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3.3K 22
When you and your childhood friends all attend the same college, chaos (and maybe a bit more) is bound to ensue. modern college au, childhood friends...
216K 9K 6
It always seemed like you were getting tossed aside by the Traveler as you were once again tasked to go on an expedition, and nothing more. You can't...
620K 19.8K 34
(DISCONTINUED) ą®įƒ¦ą®įƒ¦ą®įƒ¦ą®įƒ¦ą®įƒ¦ą® š™° šššš›šš’ššŽšš—šš šššš›šš˜šš– ššŠ šš•šš˜šš—šš šššš’šš–ššŽ ššŠšššš˜ šššš’šš—ššŠšš•šš•šš¢ šš›ššŽššššžšš›šš—ššœ ššžšš—ššŽšš”šš™ššŽššŒšššš’šš—šššš•šš¢, šššš‘šš˜ššžššļæ½...
450K 21.6K 40
怌 š‰šŽšŠš„š‘? šˆš š’š‡šŽš‘š“, š˜šŽš” šŒš„š€š š€ š‚š‹šŽš–š? 怍 Scaramouche was known to have a foul mouth that spat haughtily and eyes full o...