The Contract

By ZJMforlife

"I didn't sign up for this! My parents made me. You don't have to sit there and pretend you care Liam!" Zayn... More

Introduction
The announcement
Under one condition
Family feud
In enemy territories
Slowly slipping
Only business
Second thoughts
The signing
Sneaky link?
You good?
Curiouser and curioser
Dangerous Liaisons
Aftermath
Showmance
Talk of shame
Weight of the world
Psychological evaluation
Avoidance
Confrontational
Crossroads
Karmas a B
A whole lot of history
Cheers to 2023
Ghost of New Years past
Feeling 22
Love fiction
Under the mic
"James Dean daydream look in your eye"
Mistakes of up and down
Sealed with a kiss
Infatuated
Time flies
Spring breakers
You have my heart
Malik family values
Group effort
Forever and always
Hannah Montana moment
Venues and vacations
26 years young
The Daily Show
VIVA LAS ZIAM
Old thoughts
What happens in Vegas
Stays in Vegas
"It is, and always was you."
No place like home
Book bluff
Story of our lives
"And it was all Yellow"
"I do"
Crazy Rich Brits
"Here with you is where i'm meant to be."
Discharged
Destination you
Epilogue
Sequel?
Sequel!!!!!

The Hideout Lounge

398 23 0
By ZJMforlife

ZAYNS LOFT

When Zayn pulled up to his home he nearly hopped out of the car before the shift could even reach the "P" light.

He had a long quiet drive back home. No music just him, his, thoughts, and the road. His cheeks were tear stained and his nose stuffed from it.

He opens the door and slams it behind him. On a Thursday night typically he would stay in but he was so angry he needed to take the edge off. He quit smoking a couple years back and he didn't want to falter under.

He didn't want anyone seeing him like this so a major club or bar was off the list. When racing around his room to change his outfit the memory of him and Harry stumbling into this hidden bar popped up in his head. He decided that would be the place he visited and started to get dressed.

Regardless of his emotions Zayn wouldn't be caught dead in the sweats he'd worn to his parents. He wore distressed denim jeans, a graphic tee under his designer hoodie, then chose some air forces to pair with. It looked effortless but still high end.

He grabbed his keys, made his way out the door, and  headed to the bar.

After a short drive he pulls into the parking.

The place he remembered didn't even have a sign. It was a hidden place mostly only locals knew about. The door to the bar was located in the back of a some buildings. Some might say it was sketchy even, but whatever to stay out of the media's light will have to do.

As Zayn opens the door he's met with a massively built bouncer in a small opening to get in the establishment. He could hear the faint music behind the iron door leading to the place. "Hello." Zayn says.

The Bouncer sizes Zayn up then asks "ID?"

Zayn pulls out his wallet and shows the bouncer his ID.

The man looks over his ID just to confirm he is of age then moves to the side to let Zayn through.

Zayn pulling his lips in a tight smile moves past the guard and into the bar space. The harsh smell of bourbon flooding his nostrils.

It was a cute place to Zayn. In all honesty Zayn thought any places that had exposed brick and a greenery wall were cute. Very good for photo ops but he knew this time he had to refrain from posting. Not that he could tag the place anyways. They weren't even on the map.

He takes his place at the bar and lets out a sigh in relief. luckily there was only about seven other people in the whole place from what he could see. Mostly everyone looked older so he hoped no one would notice him.

A light haired bartender mixing a drink pours the remainder of the liquid he was shaking into a glass, then garnishes it with some lemon, and slides it over to the lady right adjacent of Zayn.

"There you go love. Anything else?" He asks.

Zayn could tell the lady was eying him. It was kinda gross because she obviously looked well over forty.

From what Zayn could make out he figured the bartender was somewhat around his age so he got a bit nervous. What if he recognized Zayn?

"No sir, but maybe I can get your number?" She giggles.

"Sorry ma'am I'm on the clock plus I don't give my number out too easily." He winks and turns away

"What can I get you handsome?" The bartender asks.

Zayn was pulled out of his trance as the bartender was staring at him. "Can I just get a- umm." He wasn't too familiar with this bars menu so he just thought of the first thing in his mind. "A lemon drop."

The bartender chuckles. "Shot or drink love."

"Th-the drink sorry." Zayn stutters. He's been doing that way too often lately.

"Not too familiar with our menu? The guy asks pulling out a glass from the rack.

"No sorry. I've only been here a couple of times. I don't even know the names of this place." Zayn answers. The music wasn't too loud so they were fine talking at a normal volume.

"The Hideout Lounge love" Louis says grinning.

"Oh" is all Zayn could manage to say.

Zayn was 21 but he never got to experience the party scene at his university. His parents were against it. Occasionally he'd go to a house party here and there. He lacked behind in bar knowledge a bit. He was only use to the beverages at the events he attended which was mostly Champaign, and sparkling water.

"I'm guessing you're about twenty maybe twenty one." The bartender states as he fills the cup with ice.

Zayn feels a little comfortable knowing this guy hasn't recognized him yet. "Just turned twenty one actually." He chuckles.

"Nice, but why'd you come here if you don't mind me asking." He shrugs.

"Just wanted some uh time to myself is all." Zayn answers.

Zayns phone starts to vibrate and flash. He picks it up and looks at the caller ID and sees it's his best friend. He totally forgot he had told Harry he'd update him on the events that took place recently. With a sigh he declines the call and turns his phone off. He didn't even know what to tell Harry at this point.

"Uh boyfriend troubles?" The bartender quirks his brow.

"Uh um no just my friend. Um sorry but what if I had a girlfriend?" Zayn feels slightly offended.

"Trust me. No straight guy is as well dressed like that." The bartender laughs out finishing Zayns drink to slide it his way.

"Th-thanks I guess but yeah I'm uh gay." Zayn states shying into his seat and taking a sip.

"It's okay. Nothing to be ashamed of mate. I am too." He explains nonchalantly while grabbing some glasses left by a couple of customers.

Zayn grins. "No it's not that I'm ashamed Aha I just can't remember the last time someone didn't know everything about me." He says before downing his drink.

The bartend looks at Zayn astonished. Then begins to make him another. "Well sorry handsome but Am I suppose to know who you are? Last I checked you're not a regular and I've been here for a while."

"No not that you need to just it feels good to answer questions people don't have the answer to already." Zayn says pushing his empty glass forward.

"Let me guess famous Instagram influencer." The man says pushing yet another drink towards Zayn.

At this point no one was at the bar just Zayn and his bartender. Everyone else had made their way to the lounge areas so it was just the two of them talking.

"Something like that." The model states taking a swig. "Actually..." he hesitates "I work at this modeling agency downtown. Nothing special."

Leaning against the counter the bartender grows intrigued. "Wow small world. One of my usuals works at an agency downtown as well. Actually came by last night!" He says.

"Oh nice." Zayn says clearly still in pain at his recent outburst with his parents. "Hey can I get a shot of something strong uhhh..." He says looking for a name tag.

"Louis. The names Louis." He smiles. "What's yours?"

After chugging he sets the drink down "mmm Zayn"

"Nice to meet you Zayn. Look I'm not tryna harsh your mellow, but do you want a water or something?" He looks down at Zayn's drink which is empty again.

Zayn scoffs. "No I'm good. Just something strong please."

"Okay love." The bartender who now Zayn knows is named Louis says as he grabs Zayn's empty glass again then pulls out a shot glass.

As Zayn gets distracted by a group of people talking near him Louis grabs a shot glass pouring only a drop of alcohol mixed with majority club soda adding some garnish to give it some flavor. He figured by the way Zayn was downing the drinks he should take it easy on him.

Zayn didn't realize but he didn't have much to eat at his parents. Maybe a couple of bites of the dish but other than that he stormed out. The only other thing in his system would've been the coffee from this morning with Harry. It was then he realized he'd be fucked.

Zayn was a lightweight. He never liked to admit it but he knew. Luckily he's never gotten blacked out drunk before. Typically at events he only carried around one glass the whole time sipping casually.

He grabs the drink and throws his head back downing the shot. He cringes at the burn going down his throat.

By now a few more people walked through the entrance heading for the bar. Before Louis got busy he made Zayn a drink with only a splash of alcohol.

Zayn sits in silence as he turned on his phone. Thousands of calls and messages from his best friend pop up as well some from his parents. He feels guilty not telling his best friend where his whereabouts were but he needed to be alone.

It was when Zayn was scrolling through Instagram that the pictures began to spin a little. He had only been sipping slightly on the drink Louis gave him barely making a dent. He mentally cursed as he felt his buzz creep up on him.

As Zayn kept tapping at his phone he heard Louis laughing it up with the customers he was helping. All of a sudden he heard him yell out

"Hey mate! Back so soon?"

A deep voice answers but Zayn couldn't make it out. He still isn't looking up because he fears if he parts ways with his phone he wouldn't be able to recover. By now Zayn was full on buzzed.

"Hey man get this! This bloke works for a modeling agency too! Maybe you know of each other!" Louis leads the mystery man toward Zayn at the opposite end of the bar.

"Hey uh- gosh I didn't get your name. what wa-" Louis is cut off shortly by his friend.

"Zayn? The man says questionably.

Even buzzed Zayn knows that voice anywhere. in a state of shock he tears his focus away from his screen and looks up at the figure. "Liam." Zayn states more assertively.

The two stare at each other for what felt like ages until Louis more high pitched voice rings in to free them of their trance.

"Zayn! Wait a minute you do know each other! Gosh I knew it! As soon as Zayn here said he worked at some modeling agency downtown I knew you guys had to have come across each other. Small fucking world." He let's out excitedly. Then he senses a bit of tension between the two.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" Liam says rubbing his neck "Don't you have a fitting tomorrow or something."

Zayn looks at Liam taking in his appearance. From what he could make out he was wearing nicely fit olive trousers, a black shirt with a pocket on his chest, lastly paired with black and white vans. "Damn he looks hot" Zayn thought in his mind. He shook his head because where did he get that from?

"I uh- yeah- tomorrow the fitting I have. Yup. That one." Zayn hiccups out.

Liam rolls his eyes as he sets his over coat on the back of a seat two chairs away from Zayn. "You're drunk." He states

Louis steps back as the two interact with each other. He makes Liam one of his usuals and sets it in front of him.

"I'm not eve-even drunk. Just buzzed..." Zayn slurs.

"What are you doing here Malik? You should really go." The older tells the younger.

"I just needed to get away." Zayn states grabbing his head at his now forming headache. He thought back to his debacle with his parents and cringed. He wondered if Liam knew about the contract since he never asked. He had to right?

Liam scoffs. "Yeah you're telling me." He takes a sip of his drink looking straight forward.

Zayn starts getting annoyed "What the hell is your problem with me?" He raised his voice a little louder than the music. He was honestly curious but the alcohol made him hostile about it.

Louis notices the commotion, but leaves the two to their business.

"Watch it Malik. Don't start nothing you cannot finish." Liam sets his drink down with a loud clink.

"No I am starting because *hiccup* I want to know why you hate me. I didn't do anything to you Liam! What the hell is your problem?" Zayn says getting closer to Liam.

"Stop. You're drunk. You need to go home." Liam tolerates the younger lads outburst.

Zayn gets up from his chair and is now at Liams side. He doesn't know what possessed him to get the balls to confront Liam, but he didn't care. Not with everything that has happened today.

"No fuck you! I'm not going anywhere. I was here first and who the hell do you think you are telling me what the fuck to do! Last I remember you needed me for your little position." Zayn challenges the man.

With that Liam was done. He gets up, grabs his overcoat, pulls a large bill out. He figured Zayn hadn't payed for his tab so he decided to cover it too. He turns to Zayn and grabs his wrist. "Let's go." He says sternly.

"You're not my fucking father Liam!" Zayn attempts to yanks his wrist away but Liams hold on him is strong.

"We're leaving Zayn. You're not fucking driving home." He starts walking towards the exit while getting looks from the other customers.

"Whatever Liam." Zayn says defeatedly. His head was pounding from his outburst. He should've stayed calm he thought.

Zayn didn't try to put up a fight to Liams surprise. He kept walking with him which Liam thanked. He knew Zayn had been told about the contract which is what he was indicating at. He didn't want to talk about it here of all places though.

The second they stepped outside Zayn felt the air and it made things a thousand times worse for him. He began getting dizzy and stumbling behind Liams hold.

"God dammit. How much did you fucking drink." Liam holds the clumsy intoxicated boy up. With a swift move Liams hand was on Zayn's lower back holding his waist, and Zayn's hand was holding Liams opposite shoulder.

"I don't knooowww. A looot." Zayn slurs out.

Liam sighs. All he wanted was a peaceful night to rant to Louis about his situation but somehow he found himself taking care of Zayn. He was honestly the last person he wanted to see.

Liam reached his Range Rover and buckles Zayn up in the passenger.

Zayn did not know what was going on at this point. His head was pounding, spinning, swimming, and all the other damn adjectives in the world. He looks around and realizes he's not in his own car.

"Wh-what a-about my carrrr." Zayn says turning to Liam who's now in the driver seat.

"I'll send someone." Liam says as he looks at the time, and sees it's almost eleven pm. Usually his night ended at two am when the bar closed. Maybe he'd drop Zayn off then go back.

"How do you know where I live?" Zayn mutters as his head is resting on the window.

"Reasons." He says, his hands gripping the wheel.

Liam only knew where Zayn lived because his father told him. A while back the model had left some papers in his dads office about one of the campaigns he was set to do. Liams father asked his son to deliver them to Zayn's door.

"So you stalked me?" Zayn says grossed out

"No. Just dropped some papers off a while back. My father made me." Liam says

"Oh." Is all Zayn could say. His vision was still a bit cloudy but otherwise he wasn't hiccuping or stuttering anymore.

"How you feeling?" Liam asks.

Zayn scoffs in disbelief "like you care."

Liam grew annoyed. He was just trying to ask a simple question but here goes this boy making a scene about it.

"It was a fucking question and I asked it. Just wondering." He hisses at Zayn.

Zayn was taken back a little. Liams volume made Zayn's head hurt. Honestly he could've been left at the bar, but he's thankful Liam is taking him home. Maybe not because he cared but Zayn was acting a fool and if something got out to the headlines about it he'd be in trouble. "Sorry" is all he says still laying his head on the glass.

Liam sits still looking forward. The two haven't made eye contact since they both left the bar.

It was pretty awkward considering the pair only exchanged less than a sentence to each other over the years. Besides that little restroom incident at the ball which neither were thinking about bringing up.

The car ride felt like they were going cross country. The tension making the journey feel extended. They were only in the car for around five minutes as Liam pulled into the parking in front of Zayn's apartment complex.

Zayn lifts his head up and unbuckles his seatbelt. "Thanks." He mutters. "For uh- not leaving me back there and bringing me." Zayn manages to get out. His buzz was still lingering. The only thing that showed it was his gaze.

"Sure." Liam says as he makes his way to the passenger side." He helped Zayn out of the vehicle and heads up to his apartment.

"You don't have to help me. I can manage." Zayn states.

Liam doesn't say anything. Just proceeds to assist Zayn.

"Cool so now we're back to the no talking stage." Zayn says as they reach his door. He takes his keys out and drops them on the floor. With a curse he tried to retrieve them, but Liam already bent over.

In Zayn's state he couldn't help but take a peak at Liams ass. Before he could turn his eyes away Liam darts up.

"Pictures last longer."

"I-I Wasn-" Zayn grows nervous.

"Right." He says turning Zayn's key and opening his door. He walks Zayn in turning on a couple lights to see his place. He's never been in here and it's pretty impressive. Not his taste really. Zayns loft had more of an industrial modern feel. The concrete floors go cohesively with the white walls and exposed brick. The iron staircase leading up to the loft area, which he assumed was Zayn's bed, was painted black. It was cozy he thought. Not like his open sleek place.

"Well uh thank you again. Really." He's brought out of his thoughts by Zayn as he removes his hoodie and shoes.

"No problem." Liam states. He doesn't know why he's not moving but a part of him was dying to know.

"Did you... read the uh. The contract."

Zayn stiffs at Liams words. For a while he forgot that even existed and how he almost outed it in front of everyone at the bar, and he liked it. Not feeling like an object. he doesn't know if he's even had time time to process it. He only remembers coming home angry and wanting to drown his sorrows away. He wondered if Liam had seen the papers lying somewhere but then he remembered storming out his parents leaving the contract there.

"No I haven't..." Zayn says blankly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.9K 2K 23
✓Completed Life has a very funny way of working, I realized it through the hard way. It throws things at you that scares you the most. It makes you f...
17.9K 705 13
Liam finally decides to give Zayn a set of rules and two months, nothing more and nothing less, to court him. But Zayn had never expected it to be su...
29.5K 1.2K 35
Louis comes to the bakery every morning and he knows everyone there. They know Louis personally that his friends with everyone who works there. There...
279K 10.9K 24
Since Louis's family died in a terrible car crash when he was eight, he was sent to live with his Uncle Simon and cousins, Zayn and Niall. His uncle...