𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑 π‘π„πˆπƒ π…πˆοΏ½...

By _parkerslatte_

Fics for the one and only Spencer Reid. More

Spencer Reid Fics
Suspicions
Worry
Lazy Mornings
A Little Convincing
Welcome to the Family
Reid to Me
Having Your Baby [One]
Having Your Baby [Two]
Don't Leave Me
Tough Times [One]
Tough Times [Two]
Tough Times [Three]
Someone Like Me
Happy Place
Undateable
Young Love
Dance With Me Tonight
Birthday Surprises
Life's Too Short
Know Your Worth
Good People, Bad People
Silent Treatment
Happy Family
Everything to Lose
Relaxation
Broken Bones
Surprise
Sleepless Journeys
Wish That Were Me [One]
Wish That Were Me [Two]
Wish That Were Me [Three]
Stood Up
Lazy Day In
Stars in the Sky
Every Step of the Way
Missing You
Well Kept Secrets
"Why Are We Yelling?"

Eavesdrop

14.5K 109 3
By _parkerslatte_

Summary: Spencer feels disheartened after hearing how well Y/N's date went - too bad he didn't hear the rest of the conversation.

✧❀❀❀✧

Carrying a paper bag in his hand containing Y/N's favourite muffin from the bakery she always went to, Spencer headed to Penelope's office. He knew that Y/N was chatting to Penelope, at least that's where Derek told him she was. When he came into work that day with a wide smile and a small spring in his step carrying the paper bag, Derek had to question the younger man about where all his enthusiasm came from.

That morning, Spencer was forced to drive to work as he woke up too late and missed his train. However it seemed as if the universe wanted him to drive as on his way into work he passed by Y/N's favourite bakery. On their days off, her and Spencer would go there before having a casual stroll through the park. Whenever Spencer would tell anyone about these small little escapades, everyone would give him a knowing glance - to which of course Spencer didn't understand.

Originally Spencer was going to get a cookie for himself as he didn't have much cash on him that morning, but once he noticed that they sold Y/N's favourite muffin, he couldn't resist buying it for her, leaving his cookie completely abandoned.

Practically skipping down the hall until he reached Penelope's office, he raised his hand to knock. Just before his knuckle came in contact with the door, he stopped after hearing something he wished he never did.

"The date was great Pen!" Y/N exclaimed from the other side of the door, "He was a gentleman, he was kind, he made jokes, he even offered to dance with me to a slow song that began playing."

Spencer felt like his heart was being constricted. Y/N went on a date and from the sound of it, it went extremely well.

"Ooh, did you two head back to yours or his?" Penelope asked in a suggestive tone.

"Mine since it was closer," Y/N answered with a chuckle, "Guess we were both impatient."

Spencer's hand fell back down to his side as his gaze was cast to the floor. He knew that he shouldn't be listening but he couldn't help himself.

"So did he stay the night around yours? If so, what happened? Are you getting another date? Please, I need all the details." Penelope exclaimed.

Before Y/N even answered, Spencer found his feet carrying him back down the hallway and back to his desk. Derek gave him a questioning look as to why he was still carrying the paper bag that was meant for Y/N. Spencer only deflected it saying that she wasn't in Penelope's office. Once he placed the bag down on Y/N's desk, he sat down at his and didn't talk to anyone for the rest of the day.

Back in Penelope's office just after Spencer had left before even knocking, Y/N gave Penelope a small sad smile.

"There won't be another date." Y/N said.

"Why not? He sounded like the perfect guy." Penelope questioned.

"To you maybe but not to me," Y/N said, "Don't get me wrong, he was a great guy and the sex was okay but there just wasn't a genuine connection there."

"So who is your perfect guy?"

Y/N took in a deep breath before answering, "Spencer."

Penelope gasped, "I knew it! What made you realise it?"

"I don't know, I guess that I just compared him to Spencer one too many times," Y/N said, "He was a nice guy but there were times I found myself thinking that if it were Spencer sat in front if me I would be having the time of my life, not just a little fun."

"I can't believe it's taken you this long to realise it," Penelope said, "You two have been head over heels for each other since you joined the BAU."

Y/N offered her a small smile, "How do I tell him?"

"Just tell him," Penleope said, "He will feel the same way."

***

Despite Derek and Elle's attempts in getting Spencer to talk, neither of them were getting anywhere. He only gave one word answers and they were lucky to even get that out of him. Both of them knew that something was wrong with Spencer; they just didn't know what.

When Y/N eventually made her way back into the bullpen after her long conversation with Penelope, she gasped once she realised what was on her desk. Picking up the paper bag, she made eye contact with Spencer, who couldn't help but watch her reaction.

"Spence, did you get me this?" Y/N questioned, a wide smile on her face.

Despite how he was feeling, Spencer smiled. He couldn't help it. Whenever Y/N smiled, he did as well, there was something about her smile that was so infectious.

"I did." He spoke.

Quickly rushing over to him, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders from behind. Spencer's hands immediately came up to hold onto her arms, his thumb gently rubbing across her skin.

Y/N was the only person that really made physical contact with Spencer. Knowing how he was with touch, everyone always kept him an arms width away, but Y/N was different. Every opportunity she had she would hug him or link arms with him or even just touch him in some way. When she hugged him for the first time, everyone was very wary, knowing that Spencer normally rejected any form of physical affection. However when Y/N wrapped her arms around him for the first time, he realised how much he really liked to be held in such a way. Everyone was surprised by his reaction.

Now, if the two were touching or hugging, no one would bat an eyelid. Although there were many knowing looks exchanged between everyone.

"Thank you so much." Y/N mumbled into his ear causing a small blush to form on Spencer's face.

"You're welcome." Spencer replied.

"Did you get yourself anything?" Y/N questioned, "We could eat together."

Spencer shook his head slightly, "No, I was in a rush this morning and didn't bring a lot of cash with me. I was going to buy myself a cookie but when I saw that they sold your favourite muffin, I decided to buy it for you."

"We can share it if you like?" Y/N suggested.

"Are you sure?" Spencer questioned.

"Of course I am." Y/N said, unwrapping her arms from around him to get the muffin off her desk.

Spencer immediately missed the feeling of her arms and the warmth they brought. However, as she moved her chair to sit at his desk with him, the warmth somehow was brought back.

Smiling at him, Y/N broke the muffin in half and the two ate in a comfortable silence.

***

Later that day, mostly everyone had finished their paperwork so Hotch allowed them to go home early. After packing away her things, Y/N approached Spencer's desk.

"Since we got to go home early, do you want to go back to the bakery and get your cookie?" Y/N asked, "If you already have plans it's fine. I just feel a little bad that you spent the only cash you had on you on me."

"Of course I'd love to come," Spencer said, "And you don't need to feel bad, I wanted to get you that muffin."

Y/N smiled before offering Spencer her hand, not her arm. Looking at it for a moment, Spencer gently clasped her hand in his. This was the first time they had even held hands. It was as if Y/N's hand fit perfectly into his. Y/N gave his hand a small squeeze before they two headed to the elevator.

***

Once they had gotten Spencer a cookie and Y/N had gotten herself one, the two found themselves wandering around the park. Somehow, Spencer found his hand clasping Y/N's once again. To him it felt right. But he knew that Y/N didn't mean anything by it.

Remembering the conversation he had eavesdropped on that morning, Spencer reluctantly let go of Y/N's hand. He knew she would never like him the way she liked the guy she went on a date with only a couple nights previously. Walking around the park holding hands like they were on a date wasn't helping Spencer's feelings in the slightest.

"Why did you let go?" Y/N questioned, "Was I making you uncomfortable?"

"No, no you weren't making me uncomfortable." Spencer answered, avoiding eye contact.

"Then what was it?" Y/N asked.

"I-I don't really know." Spencer lied.

"Spence, I've only really known you for a year but I can always tell when you are lying. So what's wrong?"

Spencer sighed, "What is this?"

"What is what?"

"What is this?" He gestured between the two of them, "I don't know what this is between us. You always show me so much affection. You tell me how much you love when I ramble on about topics no one cares about. You then always invite me out and it seems like a date. But I know you don't think of it like that because you went out on a date with what seemed like Mr Perfect."

"How did you know that I went on a date?" Y/N questioned.

Spencer blushed a deep red, "This morning when I came to Penelope's office to give you your muffin, I overheard your conversation."

"Oh Spencer," Y/N said, gently taking his hand in hers, "How much of the conversation did you hear?"

"I left after Penleop asked if you were going on another date," He admitted, "I guess you are since you seemed to really like this guy."

"Spencer, please look at me." Y/N said

Spencer lifted his gaze to look directly at Y/N. He had tears brimming his eyes that he didn't even realise formed.

Removing her hands from his, She gently placed them on his cheeks, "You left before you heard the most important part of the conversation," Y/N said, "You left before I said there was no second date. You left before I said who my perfect guy was."

Spencer watched her intently as she spoke to him. He was hyper aware of her hands on the sides of his face. It felt like his skin burned wherever she touched but it was a feeling that Spencer enjoyed.

"I said that my perfect guy was you. The guy I went out on a date with, I compared him to you the entire time," Y/N said, "I compared him to you because I realise that I love you Spencer, it's just taken me a while to realise it."

"You love me?" Spencer asked, his voice small.

"Yes," Y/N smiled, "How could I not? You are incredible. You are smart. You are kind. You are handsome. You are just a beautiful person and the person I was lucky enough to fall in love with."

Spencer smiled, "You love me." This time he said it like a statement, like something he knew was true.

"I do."

"I love you too." Spencer said.

"Good," Y/N said, "So can I do this?"

She leaned forward and connected her lips to Spencer's. There was a moment in Spencer that made him question whether this was all real or if it was just happening inside his head. Kissing her back, Spencer realised it was all real, he was really kissing Y/N.

Pulling away for a moment, Spencer rested his forehead on Y/N's, "I love you so much Y/N."

"I'm glad Spence," Y/N said, "Because there is no other man in the world that is more perfect to me than you."

✧❀❀❀✧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 257 14
A collection of my works for MGG characters I only expect to write a few stories each for. Ratings listed for each story.
24K 243 19
This is a whole bunch of one shot stories of Spencer Reid x fem reader! I'll be doing οΏΌRequestsοΏΌ but probably a lot of them will be thoughts from my...
55.4K 804 17
spencer meets a girl on the run. he finds out she was kidnapped and escaped her captor. as hard as he tried not to, he fell for her. there was no way...
508 16 3
Spencer and Reader have a friends with benefits arrangement. The only problem is, they both have feelings for each other. When Spencer admits his fee...