equanimity

By ifuckingloveburritos

e•qua•nim•ity mental calmness, composure, and evenness of temper, especially in a difficult situation "yeah... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
epilogue

41

3.1K 107 138
By ifuckingloveburritos

billie
today is the due date for my album.

literally right before my birthday!

finneas and i have been working our ass off on this shit. we've recorded in his room, random hotel rooms, green rooms, my room, literally everywhere.

"what if they don't like it fin" i whined while hitting my face with his pillow. "fuck uh- i don't know if we should have done that shit to see through"

"what?" finneas made a face. "it's starts off high pitched and changes throughout the song, that's cool!"

"i don't know" i mumbled. "i'm scared"

"billie" fin looked at me seriously. "it's gonna be okay, i'm sure they're gonna love it"

"well i guess we should get going now" i shrugged while getting up.

-

"bad guy isn't gonna be a hit" some random guy that i haven't seen in my life ever said. "there are zero hits on this album"

"what?" i furrowed my brows and looked over at finneas. "bad guy fucking smacks! tell me you don't wanna get up and start jumping when you first hear it??? tell me!"

"i honestly thought it was catchy" laura spoke up which caused justin and my other managers to agree with her.

after a few hours of talking about every song and why finneas and i wrote it, they actually liked it.

besides from that one guy.

he can go fuck himself.

during this meeting, they also told me that i have a shoot to do and they don't really know how long it's gonna take.

laura estimated that it might take eleven hours or so... i'm not ready for that.

plus it's my birthday!

i'm gonna be at the damn studio taking pictures for my cover instead of celebrating it.

ugh

i went to my apartment after the meeting. jaydens at work right now, so i'll be alone for a few hours. she doesn't get out until seven today.

it's about four right now and i got a few hours to spare.

since i'm done with the album and already know what do for the shoot and how i want everything, i'll probably just work on visuals and send them to laura.

that took about two hours because i had to describe everything to her precisely and exactly how i wanted it.

i then took a nap because why not.

jays not here and i'm bored.

"billie" i heard someone whisper. "wake up baby"

i fluttered my eyes open and saw jay hovering over me. i smiled and wrapped my arms around her.

"hi" i yawned while pulling her down onto the bed with me. "i missed you today"

"i missed you too" jayden chuckled. "im gonna take a shower alright?"

i nodded my head and closed my eyes again.

jayden woke me up again after she had finished showering and changing. "you're extra tired today huh?" she giggled while getting in bed with me.

"mhm" i nodded while rolling over so my head was resting on her chest.

"how was your meeting?" she asked me. "did it go okay? did they like the finished product?"

"some motherfucker said i had zero hits on the album" i mumbled. "stupid bitch, i wanted to cry after the meeting"

"what?" jay made face. "i swear there are like three hits in there. like bad guy, my strange addiction, and crown??? they didn't like those?"

"i guess not" i sighed while draping an arm around her waist. "it's whatever though, i don't care if it flops at this point"

"baby" jay frowned. "stop that, i'm sure it's gonna do good when it comes out, stop stressing about it right now"

"i have a shoot to do tomorrow" i told her.

"but it's your birthday?" jay said.

"right?" i chuckled. "laura told me that it might take all day... who knows"

"i'm sorry baby" jayden hugged me tightly. "i'll go with you tomorrow"

"of course you are" i told her. "you're coming with me either way"

"yeah okay" she let out a small laugh and yawned.

"look at us going to bed early for once" i giggled while snuggling into her side.

"right" jayden chuckled. "we're not watching our show or anything like that"

"yeah" i yawned and placed a kiss on her neck. "goodnight"

"goodnight" jay told me and squeezed me a little tighter. "your birthday is tomorrow though"

"shut up" i giggled. "i don't even care about it"

"oh yes you do" she laughed. "you love attention bil, shut up"

"whateverrr" i giggled. "but for real goodnight"

"goodnight" jay told me again. "i love you"

"i love you" i whispered and closed my eyes.

-

"happy birthday!" jayden shouted which caused me to wake up from my deep sleep. "happy birthday! happy birthday!"

"thank you" i rasped out while giggling like crazy.

"i made breakfast and your present is in the living room" jay told me and got off of me to leave our room.

i let out a little laugh and got out of bed.

i walked to the kitchen and saw jay placing food on my plate and sliding it in front of my seat.

"eat first and then open your present" she told me with a smile on her face. "i literally asked your mom for this recipe so you better like it!"

"i hope you didn't fuck her recipe up" i joked while cutting my pancake.

"i'm fuckin gordon ramsay babe" jay joked while taking a bite out of her eggs.

"oh wow" i said with a mouthful. "this tastes exactly like my moms, holy shit"

jayden let out a small laugh.

we both ate our breakfast and cleaned up. after that she grabbed my hands and dragged me to the living room. "sit" jay pushed me down onto the couch.

there was a cute decorated box on the coffee table in front of me.

"open your present now" jayden grinned while sitting down next to me.

i scooted forward and reached for the box in front of me. i slid the box so it was closer and began opening it. i immediately saw three circular things and knew those were candles.

"you got me more candles!" i said happily while taking them out. "holy shit!"

"i figured since our other ones are running out" jay told me while she had her hand on my back. "there's more"

"i see" i smirked when i pulled out a shoe box. "what kind are these?"

"open it and you'll see" she smiled at me as she shrugged.

"no way!" i gasped when i opened the box. "you really got me these?"

"well you've been talking about how they're so unique" she said while making a face.

"they are not ugly" i narrowed my eyes at her. "just because the lace part, swoosh, and sides stick out doesn't make them ugly! i think they're dope as fuck matter of factly"

"yeah yeah, whatever" jayden playfully rolled her eyes. "finish opening the rest you dork"

i did as told and now i'm hugging jay as tightly as i can.

she got me three candles, three pairs of shoes, some new rings, a set of sweats, my favorite snacks, a polaroid picture of us for my wallet, a matching versace robe with her, and she wrote me a cute love letter.

"if i could like... i don't know melt into you i would" i mumbled into her neck as i squeezed my arms around her. "gosh, you're the best. i love you"

"i love you too" jayden chuckled. "happy birthday baby"

after a few minutes of trying to suffocate jay with my love, we both took a shower and got ready for the day.

i have this photo shoot i have to do for my album that's coming out.

"do you wanna drive or me?" i asked jayden while holding both our keys up.

"oh actually" she smirked while grabbing her keys. "i'll drive"

"fineee" i fake sighed and playfully rolled my eyes. "weird how you wanna drive all of a sudden"

"oh shut up and let's go o'connell" jayden giggled while grabbing my hand.

she opened the door and walked out with me right behind her. i made sure the door was locked and got going.

we walked down the hall and entered the elevator.

jay and i made our way to her car and got in.

"where's the warehouse again?" she asked me while starting her car.

"you should let me drive then" i wiggled my brows. "huh?? yeah??"

"mmm" jay moved her eyes side to side. "we'll save that for later"

"what?" i made a face.

"nothing baby" she chuckled while cupping my cheek. "just chill for now cause you have a long day today"

"true i guess" i sighed while slumping in the seat.

jay had her hand behind my neck as she drove.

every time i'm driving or she is, jay always has her hand on the back of my neck and rubs it. it feels so good when she does it.

we made it to the warehouse a couple minutes late because we both felt like stopping by her work to get a drink.

"finally you're here" laura let out a breath when she saw jay and i come in. "you need to start getting ready, it's gonna be a long day"

"let me say hey to everyone first" i nodded.

i walked over to justin and my other managers and greeted them. they all said hi, i then went towards my parents and finneas.

"hey billie" finneas gave me a tight hug. "you ready for today?"

"yeah" i made a face because he didn't tell me happy birthday.

well, no one did actually... besides jay from this morning.

weird

it's like they forgot or something.

i found jayden talking with claudia and snatched her from her. i dragged her to the dressing room with me and closed the door.

"you didn't tell me what you're doing and wearing for your shoot" jay told me as she sat down on the couch.

"oh" i gasped. "you know the name of my album and all right?"

"yeah" she nodded.

"so basically it's all about the monster under your bed" i smirked while pointing at her. "i am the monster from my own nightmares"

"oh cool" jay made an impressed face. "i bet it's gonna look sick once you're done with today"

"yeah" i sighed while putting on the white sweats.

"what's that sigh for?" jay raised a brow up.

"i find it weird how no one has told me happy birthday yet" i mumbled.

"maybe they're busy right now" jay shrugged. "it seems a bit chaotic out there. everyone's running around setting things up for you, you know?"

"yeah" i nodded. "let's go"

i walked out the dressing room and found my makeup artist. he dragged me into another room and sat me down to do some touch ups.

"alright put these on" he handed me an eye contact container.

i opened it and saw how big they were.

"holy shit" i said under my breath. "baby.... can you come here"

jay got up from the chair beside me and came over.

"what's up?" she asked.

i showed her the contact lenses and she made a face. "oh wowww" she pursed her lips to the side. "you want me to uh- help you with this...?"

"please" i nodded my head.

she grabbed the little container and tilted my head back a little.

"i'm gonna need you to open your eye wide for me baby" she squished my cheeks with her hand. "okay?"

i did as told and immediately closed my eye when she tried putting it in.

"that shit stings!" i made a face while shaking my head. "i can't do this"

"here let me help you guys" rob chuckled while coming over to us.

he got a contact lens and helped put it in my eye. it worked the first time so now he's putting in the other one for me.

"can you even see?" jayden chuckled when i was looking at myself in the mirror.

"yeah i can actually" i sent her a big goofy smile while i blinked my eyes rapidly. "look at my eyes though"

"that's creepy" she closed her eyes while shaking her head. "but you make it look good... you look so good right now in just all white"

"oh really?" i smirked.

"yeah but you're white as fuck though" jayden let out a laugh while we walked out.

"now that was out of pocket" i mumbled and sent her a look.

jayden apologized and patted my back so i could go out on set and do my shoot. they were barley making the bed so i just waited until they finished.

once they were done, i hopped up on the bed and started posing for the camera.

the photographer took a shit ton of shots of me doing different poses. i was sitting on the edge of the bed, under the bed, peeking out from under there, shit like that.

"not gonna lie, im a bit creeped out from myself" i giggled when i looked back at the pictures. "jeez"

"you still looks white as fuck though" jayden snickered which caused me to smack her arm.

"now don't get mad when i make fun of you" i narrowed my eyes at her.

i took a little break and had to take more pictures.

it's been about three or four hours now and i'm already tired.

plus i'm getting upset at the fact that no one has told me happy birthday!

ugh

i kept on taking pictures and did some things for who knows how long. it was already dark out and i've probably been here for almost the whole day.

jay and i got here around 11am and now it's almost nine.

it's been a long day and i'm exhausted

"i wanna sleep" i whined while leaning onto jay.

"you're almost done baby" she said as she rubbed my back soothingly. "just a few more things you need to do and we'll go back to the apartment"

"no" i pouted while wrapping my arms around her. "i just wanna leave already"

"come on" jay picked my head up and stroked my cheek with her thumb. "let's go back out and get this done with"

"i guess" i huffed and got up with her.

i went back out to the set and finished after two more hours. i'm tired and upset after this shoot.

one, it took too fucking long. like why do i have an eleven hour shoot on my birthday? and second of all, no one has told me happy birthday!

it's like they forgot!

like today is my day man....

i may sound a bit dramatic, but i really don't know why no one has told me yet.

"you okay?" jay asked me while i changed into a different set of clothes.

"yeah" i mumbled while putting on my sweats.

"baby" jay frowned and walked up to me. "what's wrong? you seem upset"

"it's nothing" i shook my head while she wrapped her arms around my waist to pull me closer to her.

"but you're clearly upset over something" she poked my chest. "what's wrong?"

i looked away from her and let out a sigh.

"nobody told me happy birthday besides you" i mumbled quietly while resting my forehead on her shoulder. "it's like they all forgot..."

"bil" jay let out a chuckle while hugging me. "let's go out real quick, yeah?"

"no, i'm mad at everyone" i shook my head.

she unwrapped her arms around me and grabbed my hand. jayden then started dragged me behind her. we both made it out to where everyone was.

"oh hey billie" brian smiled when i walked up to him where everyone was. "did you enjoy today?"

"no" i straight up told him and leaned onto jayden.

"oh actually!" justin gasped and started running out. "there's one more thing!"

"what the fuck do you- jesus" i rolled my eyes when i saw him go outside. "i just wanna go home, i'm tired"

"stop being such a party pooper" dad chuckled.

"no" i furrowed my brows and looked at everyone. "none of you people told me h-"

i was cut off by a loud ass engine roaring.

i turned around and saw a lambo being driven into the warehouse with a green bow right on the hood.

the car parked and all i see is justin coming out of it.

"for you kid" he smiled as he walked up to me with the keys in his hand and engulfed me in a tight hug. "happy birthday"

i was absolutely shocked.

"are you being for real?" i looked at him and everyone.

"it all yours billie" brian, danny, and brandon smiled at me.

"really???" my jaw dropped as i stared at the lambo right in front of me.

"yes!" i heard jayden giggle. "the car is all yours!"

i pouted and bursted out crying while walking up to the car. i got inside it and kept on crying as i looked at everything.

my mom was taking pictures and so was everyone else.

i then got out and leaned onto the front of the car like i was giving it a hug and continued bawling my eyes out.

"oh my god" i sniffled while looking at everyone. "it's mine like actually?"

"yes billie" justin chuckled. "the car is all yours"

i wrapped my arms around him and cried into his chest. i hugged each and every person here while i cried some more.

i sat in the seat of my lambo and calmed myself down after a whole thirty minutes of me crying.

"rev it" justin smirked.

i started the car and pressed the pedal.

"holy shit!" i gasped when i heard the engine roar. "oh my goddd!"

i motioned for jay to come over and get in the passengers seat. "we're going for a little drive" i told her while i closed the door. "we'll be back!"

everyone nodded and watched me back up out of the warehouse.

now imagine i accidentally crash into something while backing out, i'd cry and never stop.

"is this why you were being weird earlier when we were about to leave" i glanced over at jayden with my eyes narrowed at her.

"maybe" she smirked.

"so you knew about this the whole time?!" i laughed while making a face.

"maybeeee" jay smiled. "everyone knew actually. it was funny how you were getting upset at the fact that no one told you happy birthday though"

"i am not upset anymore" i grinned while speeding down the street. "i cannot believe this is my car"

"now you have a matte black lambo to go with your challenger" she told me.

when i came to a stop, i looked around inside and ran my hands over the leather, the steering wheel, and the dashboard.

"i'm in love with the red interior" i gushed.

the light turned green.

i put the windows down as jay and i cruised down the highway.

"it's cold!" she shouted over the wind. "put them up!"

"no!" i laughed as i sped up.

i was feeling absolute bliss while speeding down the highway in my own lamborghini with my girlfriend right by my side. like i still can't believe this.

i glanced to my side and saw that jay was taking a video of me.

i winked at the camera and put attention back on the road.

i was going over 100 on the highway.

"i feel like i'm in fast and furious" i laughed as i slowed down to take a turn. "we're going back to the studio by the way"

"alright" jay giggled. "slow down though... please"

"yeah of course" i nodded and slowed down.

we made it back to the studio safely and met up with everyone. when jay and i walked in, everybody screamed happy birthday.

mom dragged me to a table where they had set up a cake and other kinds of food while i was gone.

they all then started singing happy birthday to me.

"happy birthday baby" jay whispered in my ear when i walked up to her. "i love you"

"i love you too" i smiled when she kissed my cheek. "today has been the best actually... not gonna lie"

"you were literally getting upset that no one told you happy birthday" jayden snickered. "best day my ass!"

"hey!" i pointed at her. "leave me alone, i have the right to be upset about that"

"yeah yeah whatever" she chuckled while slithering her arm around my waist.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 4.2K 47
Y/n is somewhat a regular 17 year-old. She goes to sixth form, and hates it like every other teenager, comes home to her family and just gets on with...
29.3K 1K 47
when one mentally Ill girl meets another during her first visit to a mental hospital. the two instantly fall for each other but neither realise it un...
412K 16.2K 36
•ice-cold /ˌʌɪsˈkəʊld/ 2. unemotional or dispassionate; unfeeling. "she is the epitome of ice-cold judgement" "𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫...
131K 3.4K 89
WARNING: book contains many sensitive topics - death used to scare me a lot actually, but i'm not scared of it anymore. in fact getting my eyelashes...