Covered By Her Scars

By scarwrites_

She made a promise. One that she didn't realize would be so hard to keep. ... More

| Introduction | edited
| Characters |
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
update...
book covers (?)

40

9.1K 169 35
By scarwrites_

Sofia

I can't do this right now. Not here, and not now.

"Coal please," I say, but it only comes out as a whisper.

"Who fucking did it Sofia?!" Coal hisses.

"I can't-" I struggle to talk. My body aches, my face is drenched in tears, and every part of me is trembling in fear.

"FUCK-" Coal yells, throwing his hands behind his head.

I whimper, "Coal please, I just need you,"

I wasn't sure if he would hear me or not, but I knew he did when his head whipped around.

His eyes softening when he realized what he had done out of anger.

He shakes his head, "Fuck. Where does it hurt?"

He steps closer to me, but this time I don't back away, because I'm not scared of him. I glance down to my bleeding thigh, and his eyes widen.

"We have to talk about this Sofia." He says, picking up gently and walking to the bathroom.

"I know." I cry, leaning my throbbing head on his shoulder.

He places me on the bathroom counter, and swiftly grabs the rubbing alcohol and some wraps.

I feel limp, my body wants to give out.

"This is going to sting. Squeeze my shoulder if you need to." Coal says, dipping a cloth into the alcohol.

I place my hand on his shoulder, partly to keep myself from falling over, and also because I'm going to need to squeeze it.

When the cloth makes contact, it burns.

I grip my fingernails onto Coal's shoulder, squeezing it with every strength I have left.

"Fuck," I breathe out.

"I'm sorry." He mumbles, releasing the cloth from my thigh, "I have to stitch it."

I nod, knowing that I have no other option.

When Coal returns from getting a stitch kit, he stands in between my legs.

He raises his hand, making me flinch.

Fuck.

Coal frowns and furrows his eyebrows.

"Sofia-"

"No, it's fine. I know you would never hit me. I'm just shaken up okay?" I reassure him and he nods.

He brings his hand up to my face and wipes away a fallen tear.

"No more." He demands, and with no warning stabs a stitch through me.

___________________

I'm now in a pair of Coal's boxers and his sweatshirt.

He comes back into the room with water and painkillers, setting them on the nightstand next to me.

He slides in next to me, wrapping his arm lightly around me.

I can tell he's nervous to hurt me.

I move closer to him, giving him permission to hold me.

I lay my head on his bare chest, the best comfort in this fucking world.

"You have to talk to me Soph," Coal says seriously.

I tilt my head up to look at him, "Tomorrow-"

"No Sofia. I'm sorry but you can't keep putting this off. I'm seriously an inch away from going out and just finding some mother fucker to take my anger out on." He says, narrowing his eye sin my direction.

I take a deep breath, "Okay."

"Okay?" He repeats.

I nod, "From the beginning."

I start to explain how it started with my dad. His mood swings and outbursts. I told Coal about every single scar, every single beating, from the first punch to the most recent one.

I was withholding my tears until I saw one fall from Coal's eyes.

"Please don't cry-" I say, but Coal cuts me off.

"I should've fucking known Sofia. I was so blind to think you really just fell all those times in the past? It hurts so fucking much to see you like this, knowing I wasn't there to protect you. Fuck." coal shakes his head in denial.

I cup his face in my hands, tilting in down to me, "Your here now, when I need you the most."

He nods, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"You know it's not your fault. Every single thing your dad said to you, it's not true, none of it. Don't you dare even put those disgusting thoughts in your head." He hisses angrily.

Not towards me, but towards my dad.

"And he's going to pay for every fucking thing he did." Coal grumbles.

I ignore his comment, because I know what comes next. Coal won't let my dad just live freely now that he knows.

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid."

Coal gives me a stern look, "Can't promise that."

I shake my head, "I can't loose you too."

Coal tenses after hearing the words come out of my mouth, "I'm not going anywhere."

I bury my face deeper in between Coal's chest and his arm.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Coal breaks the silence.

The one question I prayed he wouldn't ask.

"I wanted to feel useless, like I could do something on my own, without any help." I admit.

I can feel Coal take a sharp breath, "You can't think like that."

I don't respond.

I don't choose what my brain think, or what it tells me. But I believe it. Every fucking word that came out of my dad's mouth I believed it.

"What's next?" I ask, "Where am I supposed to live, what will happen to my mom, what about college-"

"Stop it." Coal says, cutting me off like usual, "First off, your living with me."

My heart skips a beat I swear. Living, with Coal Demartino. That's something I wasn't expecting to do, ever.

"With you?" I ask.

"Got somebody else?" He raises as eyebrow.

I shake my head, "Not as long as your alive."

Coal tries to hide his smile, but it's blatantly obvious that it's there.

"Coal," I sigh.

"Mhm." he says, placing his chin on my head.

"Do you think," I hesitate, "Do you think we would be together, if Luke was still alive?"

Coal doesn't respond for a few seconds, making me question my sanity for asking that so abruptly.

"Yes." He finally says.

"Why?" I ask surprised.

He hums to himself before speaking up, "Because I've always loved you, I was just good at hiding it."

"Good, because I have too." I smile, pecking him on the lips.

I'm not crying, I'm not uncomfortable, I'm honestly happier than usual. It's the way he makes me feel. There's nothing more comforting than feeling safe in his arms. His embrace makes me want to mentally swoon inside. I want nothing more when I'm with him.

I don't know what our future hold,s or what we will do after high school.

3 more weeks left, then were out.

The only thing I want to remember form this place, is Luke.

But Coal has showed me how to deal with his death, rather than run from it. He's showed me how to come to terms with what has happened, even when I know he still hasn't fully.

That's why he's exactly what I need. He doesn't care how much he's deprived inside, he want's me to be the happiest human being on the fucking planet. Little does he know, the thing that makes me the happiest is him.

________________________

Coal

I may make her the happiest, but she's the only thing that makes me happy.

________________________________________________________________________________

THE LAST LINE AHHHHH-

sorry this chapter is kind of short, but i'm glad sofia finally got all that shit off her chest.

that girl was carrying a LOAD.

not to mention she is constantly on her feet

but i would die for coal... he would put his life on the life for sofia

I JUST WANT WHAT THEY HAVE.

anyways, love you babes

SHARE SHARE SHARE!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

410 9 4
Meet Emma Rodriguez. Also known as the 'bad girl.' The girl everyone fears. Hell, even the teachers are afraid of her. She cares about nothing, only...
11.8K 236 62
What does it take to turn a once cheerful, happy girl into a ruthless, cold hearted women? Is it time? Or the people around you that make you suffer...
2.8K 127 21
I know I'm not beautiful and I'm okay with that. I'm not some princess frolicking in the woods waiting for some Prince Charming to save me. I am perf...
208 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...