Covered By Her Scars

By scarwrites_

She made a promise. One that she didn't realize would be so hard to keep. ... More

| Introduction | edited
| Characters |
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
update...
book covers (?)

34

9.4K 177 139
By scarwrites_

Sofia 

I wish today could just be normal. 

But I know it's going to be anything but that. 

I'm guessing the whole school knows about Coal and I by now. No more secrets. 

My main problem is my friends. Can I even call them that right now?

"Sofia stop thinking about it and get your ass out of bed." Coal says. It's like he can read my fucking mind. 

I haul myself out of bed and into his bathroom. I don't have anything except the clothes I was wearing yesterday. I splash my face with some water then step out of the bathroom again. Coal is sitting on the edge of the bed with his hands on his knees while he types away on his phone. 

I stand in front of him, waiting for him to acknowledge me. 

A minute passes and he finally moves his eyes up my body, stopping at my face. 

"Need something darling?" He smirks. 

I groan, "Yes. I need a sweatshirt, I have no other clothes." 

He nods and walks to his dresser. He pulls out a black sweatshirt that just says Tigers on it for our team. 

"I can help you change if you want." Coal plasters that stupid grin on his face. 

"You'd like that wouldn't you." I roll my eyes before stepping back into the bathroom. I throw the hoodie on over my sports bra and look in the mirror. 

The sweatshirt is huge to say the least. The thing I do realize is I have none of my makeup. 

Fuck.

I throw the bathroom door open. 

"I have no makeup." I say, looking at Coal who is draped over the bed. 

Coal laughs, "You don't need that shit." 

"I beg to differ."

Coal narrows his eyebrows at me, then throws his legs onto the floor. He takes large steps as he approaches me. 

He grips the side of my throat and tilts my head gently, careful not to hurt the bruises.

"I said, you don't need that shit, understand?" He whispers aggressively. 

Okay big boy, it's not that deep. 

"Understood!" I salute him sarcastically before grabbing my backpack, "Let's get this over with." 

_____________________

As soon as people see Coal's car, they stare. The girls have disgusted stares, the boys have annoyed stares, and some people just have, blank expressions. 

I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. 

I step out of the car and Coal walks over to me. 

He holds out his hand and I gladly take it, smiling up at him. 

"Just ignore them." He narrows his eyes at me. I just nod. 

How the hell am I supposed to ignore every single person staring at me?

When we enter the school, I get hella uncomfortable. When I say everyone was staring at us, I mean literally everyone. 

Coal notices my comfort level and tightens his grip on my hand. 

He doesn't seem fazed at all, he looks like a literal rock. 

Coal comes to my locker with me. Nobody has said anything up front to us yet, there have just been the quiet whispers and scoffing as we walk past. 

I haven't seem anyone from the group yet. I miss my morning hugs from Noah. 

Right as were about to leave, my locker door get's slammed shut, almost jamming my finger, but I was quick enough to pull it away. 

Coal and I both turn our head to see Chase standing there. 

"You got a problem Chase?" Coal says angrily, cocking his eyebrow.

"Well you see," Chase starts but Coal cuts him off. 

"I wasn't looking for an answer." Coal says coldly. 

Chase chuckles, then turns his attention to me.

"Don't look at her." Coal growls. 

I look up at Coal to see his teeth clenched. He has some anger issues I see. 

Just kidding. Not really though. 

"Why? Scared she will fuck me and not you?" Chase smirks at me. 

His dick is probably 3 inches and furry. I would never go near that shit. 

I'm about to shoot back at him, but Coal beats me to it.

"I'm growing impatient Chase, so if you have something to say, then say it." Coal clenches the first that isn't holding my hand, which makes me squeeze his other hand tighter. 

"You know," Chase tries to talk but Coal again, cuts him off. 

"No I don't know." Coal groans, this conversation is boring him. 

Chase rolls his eyes, "You know, I find it interesting that the best friend and the sister of a dead brother are together. He probably saw it coming and decided he didn't want to stick around to see it." 

No movement. Nothing. 

He hit the spot. 

Coal immediately tenses, as do I. 

I see anger build up in his eyes. 

Every time someone mentions Luke, it's like my world stops. I can't control it. I miss him every fucking day, and the mention of his name makes me see literal images of him in my head. It hurts, knowing that I wasn't enough to make him stay. 

I can never get that out of my mind. I wasn't enough. I'm never fucking enough for anyone. 

The only positive thing I can think of right now is at least Coal hasn't punched him yet.

I spoke too soon. 

Coal yanks his hand out of mine and pins Chase up against the locker. 

Before I can protest, Coal jabs Chase straight in the jaw. 

Chase tries to fight back but his strength is nothing against Coal. 

"Dude-" Chase pleads but Coal doesn't listen. He just throws punch after punch. Chase is now on the floor. 

I don't like watching fights. It gives me memories that are not wanted. 

Blood is splattered everywhere, kids are crowding around. Coal doesn't stop. If he doesn't lay off soon, Chase could go unconscious. 

Coal looks relentless right now. He looks like he wants to murder Chase. 

One thing about Luke, and he goes fucking beast mode? 

Then I see Noah and Alyssa appear. They both widen their eyes at the sight in the middle of the hallway. 

"Coal stop." I try but it's not loud enough over the chants from the students crowding around. 

I make eye contact with Noah. He nods in my direction before running up to Coal and pulling him off. 

"Lay off man!" Noah says, releasing his grip on Coal once he's off. 

I run up to Coal.

His breathes are shaky, he runs a distressed hand through his hair. He doesn't make eye contact with me. 

He's always right next to me when I need him, so it's my turn. 

"You need to calm down, take deep breathes." I try to help but nothing is working. 

"Take him to the locker room." Noah eyes me and I nod. 

I grab his wrist and try to pull him but he doesn't budge. Instead he kneels down to a defying Chase. 

"Disrespect my girl again, and I will kill you." He spats before standing up and looking at me. 

His expression is cold. 

I try to pull him again, expecting he won't budge, but he doesn't put up a fight this time, and follows after me. 

When we enter the locker room, I turn to face him. 

"What the hell Coal?" I exclaim, throwing my hands up. 

"Hm." is all he says as he walks towards the bathroom. The odor in the men's locker room is disgusting. I'm not allowed in here but I don't give two shits right now. 

I follow after him. When he looks in the mirror, he looks unfazed by the blood. 

I groan before walking up to him. I grab a paper towel and run it under the water. 

"Let me help you," I say. He nods, giving me permission. 

I dab the paper towel on the blood, cleaning it off his face. 

"Sorry," He mumbles. 

"Is that an apology?" I say, shocked. 

He mouths 'Is that an apology' but in a really annoying way. 

Jerk. 

"I said I'm fucking sorry okay? That's all you get." He narrows his eyes at me. 

I pout, "Not even a kiss?" 

A smirk creeps on his face and he leans in. 

He pushes the hair out of my face before gripping onto my jaw and cheek. 

I love kissing him. 

His lips are so soft right now. 

He breaks the kiss, "Well, that's one way to calm me down."

He tilts my head, giving him full access to my neck. 

He plants soft kisses starting at my jaw, going all the way down to my bra strap. He moves his sweatshirt off my shoulder, placing more kisses along my collarbone. 

Suddenly we hear the locker room door open. Coal steps back from me and I fix my sweatshirt. 

When we walk out of the bathroom area, we see Noah and Alyssa standing there. 

"Hey, we uh wanted to check on you." Noah says nervously. 

Coal and I give each other confused looks before walking over to them. 

"Thank you." I smile genuinely.

Alyssa smiles back. This is awkward. 

"If your not here to apologize then leave, we did nothing wrong." Coal says. 

He did not just-

I slap his shoulder, "Try being a little nicer." 

He rolls his eyes. 

Noah and Alyssa laugh. That's a good sign. 

"We actually realized we made a mistake. It wasn't fair of us to get mad at you guys for being together secretly when we did the same thing. Were sorry." Alyssa says. 

My heart flutters. 

I run over and hug Alyssa. She giggles and hugs me back tightly. 

"I missed you so much." I let out. 

"My turn!" Noah snatches me from Alyssa and embraces me in a hug. 

I laugh as Noah smells my fucking hair. 

"Your hair just has this specific scent that I missed. No offense, Alyssa's smells better." He chuckles. 

Once I pull away, a question remains in my head. 

"What about the others?" I ask. 

Noah and Alyssa look at each other then back at Coal and I.

"They just need time." Alyssa says sincerely. 

I nod in understanding. 

No matter how happy I am that they forgave us, it's bittersweet that not all of them did. 

"We have to get to class, talk later?" Alyssa says. 

"For sure." I respond. 

When Noah and Alyssa leave, I turn to face Coal who has a smile on his face. 

"Who knew you could smile?" I smirk. 

"Only you can make me smile." He mumbles against my lips. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Oop- Coal is going beast mode.... 

updating tomorrow probably if i can find enough time to write, also depends on if i'm in the mood.

 but thank you guys so much for over 15k reads!! 

ya'll are literally amazing. 

i also love all the commentary 

but don't forget to vote, share and comment :) l

ove you besties <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 6.9K 30
(Book one in the "Cold-blooded Love" series.) "I want to get back at Sierra, and I know you do too. Can you shove aside your hatred for me for a mome...
295K 4.5K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...
168K 3.5K 35
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
64K 2K 48
I suddenly crashed to the floor, my papers flying everywhere "Watch where you're going, Jesus!" The middle one said and kept walking. "Hey, asshole...