Queen Bee Syndrome

Da spacemermaid

"So much for great standards, you'd never get him anyway," Nash sneered, and I frowned. "You think I can't?" ... Altro

Prologue
Chapter 1: Nash Fucking Grier
Chapter 2: Hot Teacher Alert
Chapter 3: We Have a Bet
Chapter 4: Call Me Max
Chapter 5: Lord, Give Me Strength
Chapter 6: Jolie 1 - 0 Nash ... Maybe
Chapter 7: Not Who I Wanted to See
Chapter 8: Nobody Messes with Jolie Copeland
Chapter 9: Thanks Mr Edwards or Thanks Nash?
Chapter 10: That Wasn't Supposed to Happen
Chapter 11: Way to Get a Girls Attention
Chapter 12: Two Weeks with Nash Grier, Aren't I Lucky?
Chapter 13: Not Appropriate for the Dinner Table
Chapter 14: That's What's Wrong with Me
Chapter 15: Who's up for a Party?
Chapter 16: No Point in Sitting around Moping
Chapter 17: Here's to Having a Good Fucking Time
Chapter 18: I Think I Love You
Chapter 19: Hangovers Suck
Chapter 20: Hello Douchebag, Long Time No See
Chapter 21: A Dip in the Lake
Chapter 22: Just for Tonight
Chapter 23: A Bet's a Bet
Chapter 24: One Less Person to Ignore
Chapter 26: Wanting vs. Doing
Chapter 27: Poodle Hair

Chapter 25: Someone to Rely On

1.1K 39 5
Da spacemermaid

"...I haven't seen or spoken to her since Spring Break. Which is probably a good thing, for both of us."

Mr Edwards shook his head as he stared at the ground. I slowly nodded as I tried to take in everything he had just told me. I still wasn't sure why I told him to tell me, but he had just extensively told me about how his marriage has broken down and how he's feeling at a loss for things. To be honest, it really put my problems in perspective.

"Well, I'm certainly not an expert when it comes to relationships," I spoke, folding my arms over my chest, "But I agree that this could be a good thing. From what you've told me, you were both unhappy and the marriage had many issues. It's better to face those issues than to continue on pretending everything is fine and to just become even unhappier in your relationship."

He looked up at me and sighed, "I can't quite believe this."

"I'm sorry?" I cocked an eyebrow at his response.

"I mean, I can't believe I just unloaded all of my problems on you. It's completely unprofessional," Mr Edwards rubbed the back of his head, "But, I do think your advice is not only good, but really needed. Thank you, I appreciate it."

"Hey, I'm just trying to help," I shrugged, "I don't know why I am, but I am."

"Maybe because you're a nice person?"

"No, definitely not that."

Mr Edwards laughed quietly, and then looked behind him at the clock on the wall.

"Have I really been talking for a whole hour?"

"Not the whole hour," I told him, "You stopped about halfway to take a drink of a water."

"You're a very sarcastic person."

"Really? I hadn't noticed," I said, picking up my bag and books, "Sorry. I can't quite turn it off."

"It's fine," Mr Edwards shook his head, "Um.. thank you, again. I really mean it."

"It's cool," I told him, "As long as we're on speaking terms now then it's fine."

He nodded in response, then walked over to the door of the classroom. Mr Edwards held the door for me as I walked out, but caught my arm just before leaving.

"You know, you really are a nice person, Jolie," He whispered, leaning close to my face.

"Um, thank you," I responded quietly. He let go of my arm and stepped back. We nodded at each other as a goodbye, and I began to head towards the exit of the school.

Well, that was a little uncomfortable, I told myself as I stepped outside. I was just about to head towards my car, when a voice stopped me.

"Well, you took long enough."

I jumped at the voice, slightly alarmed, and quickly looked to see who it was. I frowned at the familiar smile and shoved them away.

"Dammit, Cam. You scared the crap out of me."

"Not my intention, but I can't deny I'm delighted with the outcome."

"What are you doing hanging around out here anyway?" I asked, beginning to walk towards my car.

"I was waiting for you," He spoke, following me, "Emma told me you're taking me to the prom?"

"Oh, yeah," I shrugged, "Probably should have let you know."

"Yeah, probably," Cam chuckled, "For all you know I might already have a date."

"Yeah, right," I snorted and turned to him as I reached my car.

"Thanks," He rolled his eyes, "Can you give me a ride home? Nash was supposed to, but he wouldn't wait for me."

"Of course he wouldn't," I groaned quietly, "Yeah, hop in."

We both got into my car, and as I started it, Cam began to speak again.

"So, did you and Nash hook up over Spring Break?"

I almost drove into the wall in front of us when I heard the comment, but managed to stop the car in time.

"Woah, Jolie, how about you try not killing us."

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" I turned in my seat to look at him, "Did Nash tell you that happened? Because I can confirm right now that we did not hook up."

"He didn't say anything," Cam rolled his eyes, "I'm just asking because of the tension between the two of you."

"We've always had tension."

"Not like this," Cam shook his head, "Before it was just 'I think you're an arrogant asshole' tension between the two of you, and now it's more like 'I want you to die in a fire' tension."

"Yeah, well, we have issues with each other," I responded quietly and started the car again. I pulled out of the school and started driving towards Cam's house.

"Clearly," Cam sighed, "I'd like it if one of you would tell me about it, though."

"It's complicated, Cam."

"Too complicated for me to understand?"

"No, that's not what I meant--"

"Then tell me!" He groaned, crossing his arms.

"You're acting like a spoiled child," I mumbled, glancing at him.

"And I'm going to keep acting this way until you tell me what's going on."

"Okay," I exhaled loudly, "But you're going to hate me."

"Jolie, you carry yourself as if you're one of the most self-centered, ego-inflated people in the world. If I don't hate you now, there's no way I'll hate you after you tell me what's going on."

I nodded slowly, trying to compose myself before letting him know everything. I had to tell him. I mean, he's one of my best friends. And I'd already told Emma, and she managed to stay quiet about it - which is a shock, considering she's probably the biggest gossip ever!

I made sure to stare straight ahead as I spoke. I didn't want to catch Cam's eye.

"Myself and Nash made a bet."

"A bet?" Cam sounded confused, "That's it? You just made a bet?"

"Not just a bet. It was a bet that, if I win, I get his car."

"And what does Nash get?"

I bet my lip before I responded, "Um... he gets to sleep with me."

"Wait, what?!"

I winced as Cam raised his voice. He wasn't one to yell, so I knew that this was a bad reaction.

"If he won the bet I told him I'd sleep with him."

"Jolie, are you stupid?!" Cam yelled, "Why would you do that? That's just dumb."

"Not as dumb as the next part," I whispered.

"What do you mean? What could possibly be worse than that?" I could see from the corner of my eye that Cam had thrown his hands up in exasperation.

"Well.." I began, "The bet. He bet me that I couldn't get Mr Edwards, our English teacher, to uh.. to sleep with me. And, I bet that I could."

There wasn't a response to this. I turn my head to look at Cam, who was looking out the window.

"What? No yelling? I thought you're reaction would be louder than this."

"I'm just trying to comprehend how big of an idiot you are before I react."

"Well, that's not nice," I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not trying to be nice, Jolie, I'm trying to be a friend," Cam snapped, "Please.. just tell me nothing happened between you and the teacher?"

"Of course nothing happened!" I raised my voice a little, "I mean.. I won't lie, I did want to win the bet but not anymore."

"Why not?" He asked, his tone a lot less angry.

"I... I don't know," I responded, "Maybe I gained some self-respect over Spring Break."

"Do you like Nash?"

"What?" I answered, my voice a lot higher than intended, "Don't be crazy. Of course not."

"Your pitch says otherwise."

"Cameron."

"Jolie."

"I don't like Nash."

"Okay. Do you love him?"

"Oh my God, if only a semi would drive towards us right now."

"That wasn't a no."

"Cameron, would you stop asking me this?" I grunted, "I do not have feelings for Nash!"

"Are you sure about that?" He asked. I opened my mouth to answer again, but Cam raised his hand to stop me, "No. Seriously. Are you really sure you don't have feelings for Nash? Like, really really sure?"

I thought for a long while before responding.

"I... I don't know, okay?"

Cameron nodded slowly. It was quiet for a while before anybody spoke again.

"Well, one things for sure. You have to end this bet."

"I know, I know," I told him, "I just don't know how to end it. I mean, myself and Nash aren't exactly on speaking terms."

"You could try to speak to him."

"No way," I almost laughed, "The last time we spoke, we just argued. And we both said some unnecessary things... even before that argument."

"So?"

"So I just don't think there's any going back from that." I spoke slowly as I pulled up outside Cam's house, "We're here."

"Thanks, captain obvious," Cam laughed lightly, "I appreciate you telling me."

"I appreciate you not strangling me."

"It's certainly taking a lot of willpower."

"What am I going to do, Cam?" I whispered, looking out the windshield.

"We'll figure out something, Jolie." He told me, patting my arm. I looked at him and smiled, and then quickly pulled him in for a hug.

"You're a good friend, Cam."

"I know."

"You're also very modest."

We both pulled away from the hug and said our goodbyes, and I watched as Cam hopped out of the car and headed inside his house. I began to make my way home, and sighed with relief. It was nice knowing I could confide in Cam. I mean, I know I told Emma, but she's not exactly empathetic when it comes to other people. A lot like me, really.

But, I thought to myself, At least with Cam, I know that I have someone to rely on.

____________________________________________

A/N: Hello.. long time no post, am I right?

So.. it's been ages since I posted here. Like, a really long time. I don't really have an excuse for you guys. I've been really busy and trying to find inspiration to write again. But I've finally gotten to a point where writing is giving me some relief, once again.

I can't guarantee that I can post regularly, but I hope to post a lot more often than I have been. I really want to finish this story.. I'd be disappointed in myself if I didn't.

Anyway, I know this update is long overdue.. and it's not very good, but it's something. And I hope you'll all forgive the delay.

Thanks lovelies :)

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

126K 2.5K 38
(Sequel to Bullied by Viner Stars) 3 years passed since Samantha left North Carolina since she left Nash. . .When she gets to her new life, she becom...
25.5K 838 37
"Why are you so distant?" he asked me. His eyes seemed to be starring a hole right through me. "I don't know. It was easier than letting people in ju...
276K 6.6K 42
Nicole is just a normal girl with only 2 best friends. She is in love with magcon (old) but she knows that she is just a fan. Her parents don't even...
7.6K 130 26
Hey i'm Sam I have long brown naturally wavy hair and light brown eyes. Me and my cousin Rachel go to Magcon! I have no idea what Magcon is, while m...