Covered By Her Scars

Von scarwrites_

She made a promise. One that she didn't realize would be so hard to keep. ... Mehr

| Introduction | edited
| Characters |
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
update...
book covers (?)

24

8.8K 187 122
Von scarwrites_

~ death is the price we pay for love ~

Sofia

The game went by really smoothly. I got 3 runs and we won 11-3. 

The boys game was in it's 8th inning now. I quickly ran to the locker room and changed into light blue sweatpants and a white tank top. I washed my face, getting the black paint face off, and I re applied some mascara. I didn't bother fixing my messy ponytail. 

I threw on some tennis shoes and ran back out to the baseball field. 

It was now the ninth inning. 

"You got changed up quick," Riley says when I reach the girls. Were standing by the boys dugout. I grip the fence with my hands as I watch Marco go up to bat. 

"I didn't want to be stuck in that uniform while watching the game." I retort.

Alyssa is talking with Noah who is in the dugout. I glance over and see her peck his lips through the fence. They are so cute.

Alyssa waves him goodbye and takes a stand next to us. 

Marco hits a dinger into center field. 

"Marco has gotten really good since last year," Luna shrugs. 

We all nod our head in agreement. When I look back at the field, my eyes meet with the poster hanging from the fence near right field. It's a poster with Luke's picture on it, and his jersey. 

Number 19, just like me. 

My eyes are so trained onto the picture of him. He's smiling, yet I don't know if his smile is real or not. 

I was so focused on the picture that I didn't even realize Riley was shaking me. 

"Hello? Earth to Sofiaaaaa," Riley shakes me endlessly. 

"What?!" I glare at her. She abruptly stops shaking me and glares back. 

"I don't need the attitude." She rolls her eyes sarcastically. A smile creeps onto my lips when I try to hold back laughter. Riley acts too much like a mom sometimes.

"But anyways, Coal is up to bat, I thought you would want to watch," She nudges me but I ignore her stupid attempts to get me to talk about him. 

I turn my attention back towards the field where Coal is standing in his stance. 

A breeze of wind comes by and I start to shiver. I really should have brought a jacket with me. 

A few pitches go by and Coal doesn't budge. They were either fouls or balls. This pitcher obviously isn't that good. 

When the pitcher throws again, Coal takes his chance at ending the game and the ball goes soaring. Cheers erupt form the stands as everyone stands up to watch the ball go farther, and farther, and right over the fence. 

We all start jumping up and down at Coal's home run. The game ends after some junior named Christian strikes out. They obviously won. 

The girl's and I were waiting for the boys to come out of the dugout when we hear some girls laughing. We turn around to see 4 of the girls from the team we played today. Their staring at us and whispering. They stare at us and laugh as they walk past us. They really think they can get away with that?

"Was there something you wanted to say?" I ask loudly so they can hear me. 

They whip their heads around and walk a little closer to us. 

"Actually yes. You guys might think that you had an easy win today, but we were just going on you." The blonde girl who stands in front of me says. 

My lips go into a straight line as I try not to laugh. 

"You," I point to her, "Went easy on us?" I gesture between us. 

She nods her head. 

"That's the funniest shit I've ever heard." Alyssa says. 

"Your one of the captains right?" I say, looking at the blonde one. She nods her head dramatically, "Maybe stop lying to your teammates about how bad you are out on the field and instead do something about it." 

She scoffs at my words but before she can say anything, 4 players from their baseball team come up behind them. 

"Well isn't this a pleasant surprise." One of them says, smirking at me. 

"Could you guys not handle yourselves so you had to bring the other set of losers in?" Riley asks. 

The boys look angry now. That loss must be getting to their head. What did they expect? To win against our baseball team? In their fucking dreams.

"You guys think your all that eh?" One of the boys say. 

"You don't have to rude just because you lost." I say. 

The same guy who was smirking at me earlier turns his attention towards me, "So the pretty thing talks." 

I scoff, "The pretty thing that just beat your softball team." 

"Sofia Miller is it? I've heard about you. The best softball player in the state," He starts. I don't say anything, I just let him continue to see where he's going with this. 

"That last name rings a bell. Luke Miller was it? I remember playing him 2 years ago. Kids got game. Such a shame that he died. How did he die by the way?" The guy smirks at me. 

I fall silent. Every time he gets mentioned I freeze. It's out of impulse. 

"That's none of you damn business." I hear a familiar voice say from behind me. I turn around to see Coal walking up to us. Marco, Noah, and Will also with him. 

"Are they bothering you guys?" Coal says softly into my ear. 

"Our conversation was actually coming to an end." I say, glaring at the guy who talked about Luke. 

"No I don't think it was." One of the girls from Syracuase says. 

Coal glares at the girl. 

"Where were we again?" She taps her chin, "Oh yeah, how did your brother die?" 

I feel like someone shoots me. Anytime someone else says it, I feel like I'm hearing it for the first time all over again. 

I stumble backwards a little but Coal steadies me. 

"You guys have a lot of nerve showing up on our terf and talking shit." Noah says. 

"Were still waiting for an answer Sofia.." One of the guys say. 

Coal moves the hair away from my ear. The warmth of his fingers, lingering on my face, provokes something in me. 

"You don't have to answer that." He whispers into my ear. 

"I know," I tilt my face towards him a little. 

When I turn back around I look straight at the guy who asked. 

"He killed himself." I say coldly. 

The guy starts bursting out laughing. What the fuck? The others suddenly join in too. 

"That's it." Coal says, dropping his baseball bag and sprinting over to them. 

Will, Marco and Noah follow after Coal. 

Coal throws the first punch, causing a full on fight to break out. The girl's get scared and run off. Their all talk. I was ready to fight that blonde bitch.

Alyssa starts yelling at Noah to get off the guy he's on top of. Luna and Riley are also screaming at Will and Marco, but all I focus on is Coal. 

I can see rage in his eyes and he punches the guy repeatedly. He's doing it all for Luke. I was so blinded by my own feelings to see how much Coal loved Luke. 

I snap out of it when I realize if Coal keeps punching this kid, he will kill him. 

"Coal." I say but it isn't loud enough for him to hear. 

"Coal," I say again, a little louder but not loud enough. 

"COAL." I yell, which catches his attention. He turns and looks at me, "You've got to stop okay? Let's go." 

If the coaches see this, Coal could possibly be kicked off the team. 

He takes one more than back at the guy, then at me again. He breathes out heavily and get's off the dude. Alyssa is calming down Noah already, same as Riley and Luna with Marco and Will. 

As soon as Coal get's far enough away, the guy's run off, scared shit-less. 

I just watched Coal beat the living shit out of someone. The same way my father does to me. He was so much rage is his ocean eyes, I could almost see red burning through. The look on his face, reminded me too much of my father, but for some reason, I wasn't mad or scared of him. I felt safe with Coal. I felt at peace with him. 

_________________

Alyssa went home with Noah and everyone else parted ways, but I insisted on going to Coal's penthouse with him. I didn't want him to be alone. 

"Let me clean your cuts," I said, getting a cloth and some rubbing alcohol. 

He didn't say anything, but he nodded. I sat on the counter and motioned for Coal to come over to me. He placed his hands on either side of my thighs, basically enclosing me. 

I dipped the cloth into the rubbing alcohol and started dabbing the cut on his lip from the one hit the kid managed to get in. 

He winced at the stinging sensation. 

"Don't be a baby," I giggle.

He smiles at me. When I finish I tell him to take a shower to get the blood off his hands. He grabs a clean pair of clothes and goes into his bathroom.

I lay on his bed while the shower runs. I just stare at his ceiling for a good 10 minutes until he finally comes out in just a towel. 

The deep defined V is outrageous. He has a few inked tattoos across his shoulders and down his left arm, but the one that stands on is a black spider. It's pretty big, on his abs. I internally swoon over it. I just want to rub my hand over his abs.

"Mind fucking me?" Coal smirks as he grabs a pair of boxers. 

"In your dreams Coal!" I turn my attention back to the ceiling. 

"Don't give me ideas princess," He winks before going back into the bathroom. 

My cheeks heat up, and I look at his mirror to see them tinted a light pink. 

I never blush, why the fuck have I blushed twice in the same fucking day?

I roll over and groan into the comforter. 

"Sexually frustrated?" Coal plops down on the bed and raises his eyebrows at me. 

I'm embarrassed for him. "Don't ever say that again." 

He laughs cheekily. Ugh. His laugh. 

"I'm tired." I admit. He nods and grabs a pillow from his bed. He drops it onto the floor and grabs a blanket from the end of his bed. 

"What are you doing?" I ask. 

"Sleeping." He groans. 

"Just sleep up here Coal." 

I snuggle under his warm comforter and pat the space next to me. 

"This bed is plenty big for the both of us, it will be just like our sleepovers freshman year!" I smile cheerfully. 

He hesitates for a second before sliding into the space next to me. 

We sit in silence for a little bit. I wonder if he's asleep. 

"Hey Coal?" I ask softly.

"Yes Soph?" He yawns. 

I turn around so now I'm facing him. I guess he hears me move because he turns around too. 

"How am I supposed to act like I'm not scared, when I'm actually terrified?" I ask, my voice cracks at the end. 

"What are you scared of?" Coal asks. 

"Life." I sigh. 

________________________________________________________________________________Aren't we all scared of live? T

his chapter was very fast paced I must say but I enjoyed writing it 

this is my third update of the day. 

i guess it's technically friday since its 12:11 am 

but were just going to ignore the fact I have to wake up in 6 hours.

oops. 

share, comment and vote! 

i'm not sure if i will be able to update tomorrow because i have some plans but i will try to tomorrow night <3

love you besties

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

11.9K 236 62
What does it take to turn a once cheerful, happy girl into a ruthless, cold hearted women? Is it time? Or the people around you that make you suffer...
168K 3.5K 35
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
4.2K 118 27
"Fuck my life.." I grunted. I can't believe my last words were going to be useless. I half expected it to be "tell mom I love her" or some sappy shit...
8.6K 176 26
they're hot, but like all of them ARE REALLY HOT. No for real, they are. ALL of THEM. And Annabelle gets to live with them. Ok if that isn't enough...