Covered By Her Scars

By scarwrites_

She made a promise. One that she didn't realize would be so hard to keep. ... More

| Introduction | edited
| Characters |
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
update...
book covers (?)

20

9.1K 185 95
By scarwrites_

It's the day of our first game. I don't know whether I'm more excited or if I'm more nervous. 

I skipped school yesterday because I was in too much pain and I didn't want people to ask about my bruises and cut. But I have to face everyone today. Most people are too scared to talk to me. As they should be. 

I'm nervous about telling the girls. I didn't respond to anybody yesterday, but I sent a quick text to the girls saying that I would be at school today. 

My dad threatened me this morning, saying that if I didn't win, there would be consequences. 

I decided to walk to school today because, me being me, I wanted to avoid the conversation as much as possible. Walking to my locker today, I knew that wouldn't be an option much longer. 

I obviously knew everyone was staring at me so I would just give them death stares to make them look away. 

Of course the girls just had to be talking tot he boys in front of my locker. I knew they were waiting for me but did they have to be talking with them right now. 

As I approached them, their heads whipped in my direction and they all immediately stopped talking. 

Coal's mouth even opened a little in shock. 

"Do I look that bad?" I ask sarcastically.

The boys give a nervous laugh and Alyssa pulls me to the side, away form the boys. Luna and Riley follow. 

"What the fuck happened?!" Alyssa whisper-shouts. 

I roll my eyes, "You mean who happened. And you already know." 

They all sigh."You could have told us this yesterday instead of having us think you died." Riley blurts out.

"Stop making it a big deal. It's already done. Leave it in the past." I say and start walking back to my locker. The boys are still there but I ignore there wincing as I get closer. 

"Care to explain what happened?" Noah asks. 

I shrug, "I fell." They all scoff. I grab my books and go to first period. I glance behind me to see them all watching me struggle to walk and talking within in each other. 

I know the girls would never tell them, but I always have a doubt. 

_____________

Game time. 

As the day went on, I got weaker and weaker. I don't know how I'm going to stay alive during this game. 

But I have no choice. We have to win. I have to play. End of conversation. 

I don't think my dad will show. Honestly, I'm praying he doesn't. He used to come to every single one of Luke and I's games, but ever since Luke died, and he turned into the monster he is, he has yet to come to another. 

I don't blame him, I struggled getting back out on the field after he died. I'm not complaining either because I know he will juts yell and criticize me the whole game. 

When I walk into the locker room, I'm met with Bianca and Alexa. Alexa doesn't do much, or say much. She just does what's she told, and speaks when she's given permission by Bianca. I don't feel bad for the girl though because whenever she does speak or do something, it's flat out rude. 

She gets it from Bianca.

"Did you need something form your captain?" I say as I shove past them.

"Actually yes. I was just wondering if our captain was going to be strong enough for our game today. You've been looking weak as fuck all day." Bianca smirks. 

I won't let her get to me. 

"You want to test out how weak I am Bianca?" I tilt my head to the side and fake punch her making her squeal and flinch. 

"That's what I thought." I chuckle and she sashays away. 

I take off my shirt and throw it into the locker, revealing the bruise on my stomach from my ad kneeing me. 

When Luna looks over she cringes at the bruise. 

"Must have hurt." She sighs. 

"I'm perfectly fine!" I smile. 

I put on my uni and cleats. Walking into the bathroom I see the girl's standing at the full length mirror. 

"Uhm okay were def taking a pic once I get my hair ready, also who has the face paint?" I say.

Riley squeals, "I do!"

"Great,"

I french braid my hair down the middle until I get to where my head rounds, and I pull in back into a bun. I slip some face paint on under my eyes. 

"Picture time!!!" I scream and we all get into the view of the mirror. I take out my phone and take a picture of us on snap chat. I type "game day bitchessss" and put it on my main story. 

We walk out of the locker room and into the gym where the baseball team is. Their game starts at 6:30 and ours starts at 7:00 so they will probably finish a little before us. 

It's 6:00 right now. We got to back to our houses after school ended for like 2 hours but had to be back by 5:30. 

"Alright! This is it. The start to the spring season! These should be easy wins alright?" Coach K says to both teams. We all nod. 

"We need our captain to come stand in front of everybody to call us out before we go out into the pep rally." Coach Stern says.

Alyssa, Coal, Noah, and I walk up to the front. 

"Tigers on 3." Alyssa starts and we all put our hands together in the middle.

"1..." 

"2..."

"3..."

"TIGERS!!!" We all yell and start running out of the gym. I'm in extreme pain, but I don't care because this is my favorite part about softball. Everyone is outside waiting for us to come out. Their all cheering and chanting our names. 

"SOFIA, SOFIA, SOFIA," Their all chanting as we run out. 

"COAL, COAL, COAL," They also chant. 

It's kind of bitter sweet since were the best players in the state. Not to brag....

Anyway, I love this part of softball. 

Baseball and softball are the sports of our school. I mean, we have football yes but to be honest, they aren't that good. Basically the whole school comes to our games. They switch off between watching the softball game and watching the baseball game. 

A lot of girls go to the baseball game because they like to see Coal play. 'Pick me, choose me, love me' type bitches.

I get cat called a lot during our games. I mean, I do look hot as fuck in my uniform. A lot of people say they hate the way they look in theirs but me and my girls have the bodies of a model tbh. 

I think the whole team looks fucking beautiful. We always winning compared to the girls on the other teams.....

My favorite part is also fucking with the boys on the baseball team our team is playing. 

Obviously I want our team to win, I just want them to loose at least one game so that we can win our competition. 

The boys are incredibly good, and with Noah and Coal as captains, it will be hard for Alyssa and I to pull out the win for the competition. 

Once we get out of the pep rally and get near the fields, we have this ritual shit. We all have to shake hands with each other before we play. You get assigned a "partner" that you always shake hands with. 

With my luck, I've gotten Coal every year. Alyssa has Noah this year, Luna and Marco have always had each other, and Riley and Will have had each other for the past 2 years. It's weird how our group just has these clinks with each other. 

Each team gets in a line. The boys stand in front of us in a line. 

"Were going to crush this year!" Coach Stern yells and we all smile. 

"Hell yeah!" I yell.

The coaches are pretty chill, so they don't care about us swearing and shit. 

"Shake hands," Coach K says. 

I stare at Coal. He stares back, with no emotion at all. He's been like this ever since Luke died. He doesn't laugh or smile either. He doesn't like anyone other than the group. Honestly, he isn't even the best version of himself with the group. He's so.... cold. 

I raise my hand to shake his and when I feel his touch, goosebumps arise on my skin. I can feel the veins that are popping out of his skin. Not to be cringey but it felt like literal sparks when we made contact. 

When I looked up, I could tell he felt weary too because he quickly pulled away after we shook hands. 

When I look to my left I see Alyssa hugging Noah. Yeah no. 

I grab Alyssa's arm and pull her and the girls into the dugout. Soon enough, the rest of the team follows. 

"We have a little while to warm up so get at it! Starting lineup is the same as usual>" Coach K says, shoeing us onto the field to get warmed up. 

Luna and I decide to throw the ball back and forth. 

When I catch the softball in my glove, I feel a sharp pain in my wirst and immediately drop the ball. 

Luna jogs over to me. 

"You alright?" She says, looking down at my wrist. 

"Yeah I'm fine, now go back so I can throw it." I demand. She throws her arms up in defensive. 

"Just asking..." she runs back over to her spot. 

When I throw the ball, I feel the pain again, my wrist starts throbbing. I don't show it though, because I have to play. 

____________________

The umpire calls out the captains. Alyssa and I jog out, and so does a blonde bitch and a red head girl. 

"Alright ladies, introduce yourselves." The ump gestures between us. 

"Nah I'm good." I smirk at them. The girl looks butt hurt but it makes me giggle inside. 

"Okay then, play nice. Since were playing on your terf, heads or tails malibu?" The ump asks Alyssa and I. 

"Tails." Alyssa says. I nod my head in agreement. 

The ump flicks the coin into the air and when I look down, I see tails. 

"Malibu is batting first." The ump announces to the crowds of people in the stands and around the fences. Our bleachers aren't even big enough to fit all the people. Just imagine what it's going to look like when everyone comes over from the baseball game comes. 

When we get back into the dugout, Coach K tells me I'm batting first like usual. My the from my wrist, back, and ribs are killing me. I feels like my ribs are broken from him kneeing me. 

I take my bat and try not to show myself struggling to walk up there. 

When I get up to home plate and take my stance, roars erupt from the crowd. 

"Yeah Sofia!!" Riley screams from the dugout. I smile through the pain. 

The pitchers eyes me, and throws her pitch. It was sloppy and uneven. I didn't swing. The pitch was a ball. 

The pitcher throws two more times, one being a strike, because I swung from being lazy. I was getting tired of nothing happening tbh. The other one was a ball. 

When the pitcher threw again, I knew it was the perfect pitch. If I didn't hit it, it would be a strike. So I swung. 

I hit the ball and it went flying into left field. I dropped my bat and started sprinting. It hurt like a bitch. 

I was halfway to second base when I realized the girl at second base had the ball. I quickly ran back to first but she threw it to first so I sprinted back to second and slide right on time. I hit the base before the first baseman could throw the ball back. 

I laid there for a moment from the immense pain. I slowly stood up, and the second baseman looked at me like I was weird. 

"Fight me bitch." I smiled sarcastically. 

She rolled her eyes and focused her attention back on the game. 

___________

It was now the 9th inning. The score is 9-2. We are obviously winning. The boys game finished like 15 minutes ago. Now all of the boys team was standing by our dugout, talking with the girls and watching us. 

I was up to bat again. I don't think I can last through another run. I feel like I'm going to collapse at any second. 

I take 3 pitches but I finally hit the ball. I basically limp to first base, but obviously as fast as I could. When I turn to the dugout I see the confusion on Coal, Noah, Marco and Will's face. They turn their attention towards the girls but they don't tell them anything. 

I stay at first base. Alyssa comes out to hit and she hits it into right field so I sprint all the way to third base. I fall to knees once I reach the base to catch my breath. I hear whispers from the stands but I don't dare to look up. I slowly push myself up from the ground. Alexa comes out to hit next and hits in straight to second base, making her and Alyssa out, but I still make it to home base. 

I limp my way to the dugout and grab for my water bottle. 

"You shouldn't have played today Soph.." Luna says from beside me. 

"I had too." I breathe out. 

She just shakes her head in denial. After we shake hands with the other team, the crowd starts to gather around the dugout to talk to the teams. 

"Let's get tot he locker room." Alyssa says. I nod my head but when I stand up, my vision starts to go blurry, my knees become weak and give out. I start to fall backward but knock into a hard chest. 

I wobble to my feet. 

"You good?" Coal asks when I turn around to see he is the hard chest I fell into. 

"I'm fine." I say as my vision becomes clear again. The girls lead me to the locker room, but something sus is going on. 

When I go into the locker room, I realize they aren't following me in. Then I see Coal getting shoved in. Then the locker room door slams shut. 

I hear a click sound, making it known, they locked the fucking door. 

"What is this?!" I bang on the door. 

"Were not letting you guys out until you solve your fucking issues with each other." Alyssa yells back. 

"Have fun!" Will says sarcastically and we hear their footsteps fading away. 

"You've got to be kidding me." I say as I sit down, my back against my locker. 

________________________________________________________________________________

This should be interesting..... I can't wait to write the next chapter :) 

It's going to be deep though. 

It will probably take me all day tomorrow but we will see! 

How did ya'll like this chapter? 

Share, comment and vote, love you all

 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
61.6K 2K 48
I suddenly crashed to the floor, my papers flying everywhere "Watch where you're going, Jesus!" The middle one said and kept walking. "Hey, asshole...
2.8K 127 21
I know I'm not beautiful and I'm okay with that. I'm not some princess frolicking in the woods waiting for some Prince Charming to save me. I am perf...
11.8K 236 62
What does it take to turn a once cheerful, happy girl into a ruthless, cold hearted women? Is it time? Or the people around you that make you suffer...