A Reverse World

By IrisLaker

................💞💞 I died once, once you ask?, I mean no one ever dies twice right?, That's the thing altho... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
*Chapter 8*
*Chapter 9*
Chapter 10
Authors note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 *
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17*
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Characters!!!!
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 *
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Authors note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Ch 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Author's note
Chapter 38
Chapter 38 part 2
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 42 part 2
Chapter 43
Announcement

Chapter 27

1.9K 134 28
By IrisLaker

I didn't wait for the carriage to stop before I leaped out of it, I was that eager to see Naerys. Was he okay?, Had he been hurt again?, I was so afraid something terrible would have happened to him. My worries were unfounded , I knew that; after all Naerys had seemed fine the past few days but  I just couldn't stop my nerves.

I hurried over to one of the benches and had just sat down when Naerys' carriage pulled up. I leaned forward anticipating Naerys's beautiful face this time though, a young boy that looked slightly older than Naerys stepped out first.

My thoughts immediately halted and I was confused, who was he? this was the first time I'd seen someone help Naerys out of his carriage. Wait, could he be Wes? I watched for a while curious to see their interaction and when the stranger pulled him close for a hug my thoughts were confirmed, this had to be Wes.

Naerys turned around and instantly met my gaze, it was like his eyes had been pulled in my direction as soon as he'd looked up. I smiled at the thought and  made my way over to them intent on meeting the mysterious Wes today. Once I was within five feet of them both though, I let out a whistle of surprise.

Wes was handsome. I don't know what else I'd expected since every male I'd seen since getting here  had all been ridiculously attractive, but I definitely wasn't expecting the male standing before me.

I placed a good morning kiss on Naerys's cheek and wrapped an arm around his waist before turning back to Wes. He was tall and lean with milk chocolate skin and jet black hair. His eyes were a fiery orange that reminded me of molten lava, and that was where my inspection stopped. I wasn't about to start checking him out right in front of Naerys.

I cleared my throat and whispered softly into Naerys' ear,
" this must be Wes?"

He nodded before blushing and glancing down. I smiled and stepped forward, " it's nice to meet you Wes, I'm princess amaryllis and I'm assuming you know who I am?". He grasped my outstretched hand and nodded, I felt my ego expand just a tiny bit, I was right in thinking Naerys had told him about me.

I was about speak when Wes went down on one knee and grabbed my hand, I nearly scratched him, surprised he was bold enough to do that. Naerys however was standing right beside me and I didn't want to upset him.

" Thank you for everything you've done for him, your highness" he said and placed my hand on his forehead " I'm really happy he met you"

now I'm glad I didn't scratch him.

I bent a bit and gently lifted him up " what are you talking about? It's my duty to take care of him, there's no need to thank me. You are the one who truly deserves my thanks  for taking care of and being there for him when I wasn't."

I removed my hand from Naerys's waist and slowly bowed before him

" Thank you Wes "

" Oh no your highness it's fine really it's fine please get up now"

" Amaryllis, what are you doing? You shouldn't bow before a male please get up now".  Naerys spluttered, and I giggled a bit, they were really alike.

Once I had conveyed my thanks I straightened up and pulled Naerys to me " we have to get going now but it was lovely to meet you Wes."

" And you too, princess".

Naerys waved as Wes got back into the carriage and drove off. " Now Naerys" I started, pulling him along " let's get you to class". I had just given Naerys his daily kiss at the door to his classroom and he, per usual had scurried in without a backward glance. I chuckled as I turned around and bumped into someone.

" Oh I'm sorry I- good morning tyrion" I greeted as I crouched down and helped the gorgeous blonde pick up his books.  He only mumbled out a reply without looking at me still concentrated on his scattered belongings, I frowned and looked at the clock above the archway that marked the S-class and asked " you're later than usual tyrion, did something happen?".

Prince Tyrion cursed his luck and calmed his racing heart, it was bad enough he had bumped into amaryllis when she was dropping Naerys off but her words reminded him of the fiasco that had occurred this morning and he blushed even harder. He quickly gathered up the last of his books and rushed into the classroom without another word to amaryllis.

See, tyrion had had a rather mature dream last night and had woken up to damp sheets. He was grateful he had gotten up before aurora else he would've been forced to explain why his bright white sheets had to be suddenly replaced. That was why he had been late this morning and seeing amaryllis hadn't made him feel any better.

When her hands had accidentally brushed his, his brain had instantly flashed to the very vivid image he had conjured up of her in his dream. Her usually milky white skin was red from exertion and she was on top of him, her hands roaming all over his body. He remembered the way he had felt and groaned as he slumped into his chair and placed his head on the table.

What was wrong with him? He had never had dreams of that sort before, never envisioned amaryllis like that either so why would he even imagine that sort of thing?. Tyrion was conflicted, on one hand he felt immense shame and was disgusted with himself on the other hand, this dream only proved what he had suspected, he was beginning to like amaryllis in a way that was inappropriate for their friendship.

What am I thinking?, There's no way amaryllis would want to court me. It wasn't that tyrion was insecure or unsure of himself, he just didn't think now would be the right time.

Amaryllis went everywhere with Naerys and he was certain he'd be joining her harem soon. He couldn't find it in his heart to carelessly intrude on them especially since he'd noticed the odd way Naerys behaved around him, amaryllis probably didn't want him any closer than necessary and even if she did, tyrion was far too shy too make the first move, and so he was stuck in an endless cycle.

Further thoughts were cut off when someone tapped his shoulder. Tyrion raised his head and sighed as he met the gaze of his closest friend.

" What's wrong Ty?" The handsome green haired male asked. " Darius?" Tyrion asked surprised " you're actually attending class?" for as long as he had known him, Darius skipped classes every day and only attended the ones that pleased him, tyrion had tried to get him to change but it was futile and so he had given up. He hadn't even seen Darius at all that week so it was a bit surprising to see him now.

Darius laughed " don't be silly Ty, I'll be leaving in a few minutes, I still have to go pester amaryllis." At the mention of her name tyrion blushed and looked down again, not noticing the brief frown that crossed Darius's face before he shook his head to clear it " what's wrong Ty?" Darius repeated " you haven't looked this troubled since the last treaty signing, wait is that what you're worried about? The treaty signing?"

Tyrion forced a smile but by Darius's answering expression he knew it had come off as a grimace. He sighed, he'd never been particularly good at lying. " I wish but mother and aurora have got that handled, there really isn't anything for me to worry over seeing as I'm not really needed. This is a more personal problem. It's just... don't make fun of me ok?, I think I may be starting to like amaryllis." Darius didn't even blink, he just laughed loudly " that's what's got you so worked up?, I c-can't I can't believe this" he wheezed laughing even harder.

Tyrion just stared at him waiting for darius to calm down. When he eventually did, he looked seriously at tyrion before speaking " if you truly like her why not ask her to court you?" Tyrion groaned and rubbed his head " of course I've thought about that but I honestly don't think this is the right time." Darius only stared at him without responding, he'd already learned that tyrion could be quite perceptive to the people around him, if he thought it wasn't the right time then... it would be best to just leave it.

" Ok then it's your choice". At this moment their teacher came in and Darius flashed over to the door " bye Ty " he smiled cheekily and quickly waved before quietly slipping out. Tyrion laughed quietly to himself as he got ready for class.

**************

Amaryllis turned in her seat, watching as her parchment paper and quill disappeared, she'd never get used to that. " Hey" a fair hand poked her cheek , amaryllis swatted it away annoyed. " Come on amaryllis, you can't keep this up" amaryllis sighed in annoyance and turned to face her seatmate pointedly ignoring Darius.

He'd been at her side since the first class trying to get her to talk to him, he'd tried everything he could think of but she still hadn't said a single word to him. He frowned for a while before an idea sprung into his head. He smiled, eyes sparkling, there's no way this wouldn't get amaryllis to forgive him and he quickly ran out the door

Amaryllis was relieved he had left and she turned her attention to her seatmate who was busy doing something. She sighed again, aurora was always doing something. They'd been seatmates for over a month now and she hadn't spoken more than twenty words to her. It was frustrating honestly.

Ugh what's the use of this?, I didn't have many but I'm sure making friends isn't supposed to be this difficult. Am I doing it wrong?, I should just directly ask her. I turned to face aurora pasting on a beautiful smile

" aurora can we be friends?" She raised her head from her desk, blonde hair shining in the sun and turned her icy blue eyes to me " No". Ouch. I expected that but it still hurt being shot down like that. " Why not?" I pressed, " I have no interest in becoming your friend" she responded before standing up and walking away.

I watched as she walked away, her familiar gait reminding me of Tyrion. Speaking of Tyrion... Why had he been in such a hurry this morning?, He hadn't looked at me or responded to my greeting, was he maybe angry with me?. I shook my head, I don't think I had done anything that warranted his anger perhaps there was something else? But what other reason could there be? Maybe he was just having a bad day.

I pushed all my thoughts of Tyrion into a section of my mind as the next teacher walked in, aurora following closely behind. I should start working on the other girls, placing all my attention on aurora would be a bad move. Resolved, I focused on the class and remained focused through the rest of the day.

As soon as our last teacher left the classroom, I grabbed my bags and rushed out . Flashing directly to Naerys's classroom in case Darius decided to accost me on the way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.8K 6.2K 123
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
34.3K 1.4K 11
Oc female Jackson x Hermes x Apollo x Ares
76.4K 8.5K 14
Dragonwall's queen no longer remembers who she is. Her magic is locked away at the hands of an evil sorcerer. Kane hoped to deal the drengr monarchy...
1.2M 39.9K 59
Princess Nymeria is well aware that her kingdom is in decline. It has been for hundreds of years after all. Unlike her ancestors, she's willing to re...