Fangs and Claws

By GabrielaR

18 year old Avril is a half vampire-half human girl that in an atempt to meet the only human family she have;... More

Chpt 1. Welcome to the family
Chpt 2. Meeting the Alpha
Chpt 3. kidnapped by my mate
Chpt 4. Intruder
I know I took to long
Chpt 5. La Italiana
Chpt 6. Fugitive Vampire
I apologize
Chpt 7. Daniel
Chpt 8. Cheater
Chpt 9. Father vs. Son
Chpt 10. You're a vampire
Chpt 11. Explanations
Chpt 12. Pack meeting
Chpt 13. Daddy
Chpt 14. Heart attack
Chpt 15. They're coming
Chpt 16. Marked
Chpt 17. Family dinner
Chpt 19. Vampire attack
Chpt 20. The Bennett's
Chpt 21. Rejected?
Chpt 22. Amy
Chapt 23. Curse, love and tears
Chapt. 24 Plans before the battle
Chpt 25. Nervous
Chpt 26. Mating
Chpt 27. Under her spell
Chpt 28. True enemy
Chpt 29. Deadly encounter
Chpt 30. Recovery
Chpt 31. Goodbye

Chpt 18. Party crashers

35.9K 1K 112
By GabrielaR

Sorry guys!!!

I know it’s been too long but I was kind of busy. I hope you like this one

Vote/comment/fan

Caleb’s POV

I kept staring at it. I rubbed my hand against it, I splashed water over it but it didn’t work; it didn’t came off. The black lines were coming out from Avril’s mark, and they were expanding as if trying to form something but it wasn't finished yet, so I couldn’t tell what the shape really was. I looked down at Avril, but she looked as confused as me.

“Oh my God” she covered her mouth “I’m so sorry”

“Why?” I asked alarmed “This isn’t normal?”

She pressed her lips tightly and shook her head. I cursed and turned to check my neck in the mirror; there’s has to be an explanation for this, isn’t it?

“I’ve never seen it” Avril whispered “Mom wasn’t able to mark dad, so I don’t know if this is normal. He had never explained me in detail”

“Well, we’ll have to ask” I stated

Avril nodded fervently. She looked guilty, worried.

“Come here” I said pulling her into my arms

She rested her head against my chest and wrapped her arms around my waist. I don’t know for how long I held her; I guess it must have been long enough for my mom to knock the door.

“Coming” I said

Avril straighten up but I didn’t let her go, I caress her cheek before I gave her a swift peck on the lips.

“Let’s go” I pulled her toward the door

“Your shirt” she reminded me

I buttoned my shirt before I opened the door; my mom was waiting outside and gave us the stupid excuse that she needed to use the restroom. There were three restrooms in the house.

We sat back on our seats, and keep with our unfinished dinner.

Avril’s POV

I tried to listen at the conversation but I was too distracted to do it. I kept wondering why my mark had turned in some kind of tattoo; I mean, I had never seen one before, is not as if somebody would show it to me, it was supposed to be private. The only mark I saw was my dad’s, but it wasn’t even a real mark; my mom couldn’t bite him, so he tattooed a red tulip on his chest, right over his heart. He said a red tulip means eternal love; he always got her red tulips.

“Avril” I heard

I turned my head toward my dad.

“What?” I asked

“Mariel was trying to talk to you” he said

“Oh” I turned toward Caleb’s mom “I’m sorry I was distracted”

“It’s okay” she smiled “I was just wondering… when did it happened?”

“What happened?” I frowned

“When did my son marked you?” she has this proudly face

“I… what?” I mumbled

“I can smell him on you” She said “At first I thought it was just him but no… is kind of weak, thou, did you guys already mated?”

I felt my face turned into a tomato. What was wrong with this woman? You can’t just bring that up at dinner. I could feel my dad’s eyes on me.

“No” I said

“Mom” Caleb complained “This isn’t the right place”

“I agree with him” Dad said, his face showed relief “Besides, we, vampire mark our mates in a different way you do”

“Yeah” I smiled weakly at him “About that… I have questions. When we get home”

“What do you guys do?” This time was Ashley who spoke “With the marking”

“We mark first” Rachel smiled “If not, any mark we have would disappear”

“So, girls get to mark the guys?” Ashley pointed and me and herself “That’s… cool”

I heard Caleb’s dad scoff; he was shaking his head in disapproval. I pretended to ignore him while I smiled to Ashley.

“EY! brother” Ashley called “I think you should make that a rule, all the she wolves will love you for that”

“I’ll think about it” Caleb said

The dinner kept going okay, gladly Mariel forgot about Caleb’s neck and everything. We got along really well; if you would have told me that vampires would be sitting in the same dinner table with werewolves, I would had laugh at you.

I kept sliding my eyes to Rachel from time to time; she was laughing or looking at my dad, gosh, it was so obvious she was into him. Don’t think wrong, I loved my mom even when I didn’t knew her but… I mean, she wasn’t here anymore, she hasn’t been for 18 years; I was sure she wouldn’t mind if Dad tried to be happy again, to love again.

Suddenly, all the wolves in the table stood up. They had this worried expressions on their faces, especially Caleb. I stood up and took Caleb’s hand.

“What’s wrong?” I asked

“They’re coming” he said

"What?” I asked in panic “Caleb?”

I felt my dad’s hans pulling me away from Caleb. Instinctively, I wrapped my arms around my dad.

“Honey, they’re talking with the rest of the pack” he pointed at the wolves distracted expressions “Don’t distract them”

I nodded while they communicated through their mind links. Suddenly, Caleb growled and headed to the window while he unbuttoned his shirt; his father did the same. I turned around to see how Mariel and Ashley took off their jewelry and shoes.

“Oh no” I mumbled

“Oh yes” Dad half smiled while removing his jacket “I think the party finally started”

I gave him a look. Was he serious?

“10, maximum 15 vampires are coming” Caleb said “The pack is getting rid of them before they get here, but we have to be prepared”

“We have to help our pack” Caleb’s dad said

“I know” Caleb growled in frustration “Ashley, mom, you stay here”

They nodded obediently while Caleb and his dad ran outside. I panicked.

“Wait” I took a step forward

My dad pulled me back again. I struggled in his arms at first but I knew it would be useless, I gave up. Couldn’t I get some peace?

“Relax Avril” Dad whispered against my ear “They will be okay”

“Our wolves are good fighters” Mariel smiled at me

We didn’t have to wait long; a glass broke and a smell intoxicated me. Dad tensed and positioned in front of me. It was so fast that I wasn’t able to see them; five vampires were in dinning room with us, one of them had Ashley by her throat, the rest were blocking Mariel’s wolf  away"

“We found you” the vampire said

I froze, literally. I was fearing for my life; Ashley’s life was in danger now, and all because of me. I saw her struggling, her eyes were black, and I knew what she was doing.

“Don’t shift!” I ordered her “Mariel back off, they won’t hurt her”

I saw the vampires hesitating faces when they saw my dad. I guess they’re plan wasn’t going like they planned.

“Christopher Williams?” the vampire holding Ashley said “We finally meet you without your bodyguards. I guess this trip was really worth it; we get the girl, kill the dogs, take over the town… and we get to get rid of you. Karma is coming back to get you”

“Let her go” Dad ordered “This is about us; let the wolves out of this. You know perfectly about the peace deal between our different species”

“Hypocrite!” another vampire exclaimed “You kill your own kind”

“You are killers” Dad said “ALL the Night Creatures made a peace treaty 22 years ago, we were quitting to this life”

“And feed from a blood bag” another vampire mocked “We are vampires, humans are just our food. We don’t own them any respect”

“You’re wrong” Dad said

The vampires smiled devilish while they looked at me. They didn’t seem to mind who my dad was, they just wanted me. I kept my eyes on Ashley; I couldn’t let them hurt her, she was my responsibility now.  The vampire holding her seemed to notice my fixation, and he smiled.

“What? You’re worried about you little friend?” he pulled his fangs out, aiming for her throat

“Don’t touch her!” I jumped toward him while Mariel’s wolf growled

“No” Dad held me tight

The vampire smirked at me. I could feel their stares on my body; I knew what they were thinking.

“What if we trade?” he suggested “I’ll let her go if you come with me”

“If you think we are going to listen to you…”

“Deal” I interrupted dad, he gave me a deadly look

I tried to take a step forward but he grasped my arm in a tight hold. I gave him a look; this was why he trained me for, he taught me how to fight since a long time ago.

“Dad, I know what I’m doing” I gave him a look

He was confused at first but then he let go of me.

I walked toward the smiling vampires.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 8.2K 15
Since the death of his claimed mate, the only thing that's kept Kane's heart beating is his quest for vengeance. His contempt for rogue vampires runs...
201K 3.9K 25
*MATURE CONTENT* A Little Insight: As I walked to my wardrobe, he stood up and began taking slow, sinister steps towards me with his claws extracted...
3.1K 129 12
There are two species of vampires, ones created by the Lilith Curse, and those created by The First Witch. The Originals were created by The First Wi...
6.8K 267 13
One vampire. Four wolf shifters. A fate we can't escape. ***Complete!*** I'm a heartless, blood-sucking bitch, and proud of it. Always alone, kicking...