Off The Ice

By Kirithetheory

Oikawa, Suga and Akaashi were figure skaters. They all needed that freedom and the feeling of the ice. The fe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6*
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22*
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33*
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67

Chapter 10

1.5K 63 85
By Kirithetheory

~Oikawa~

It was weird. Being at the rink without the varsity team harassing them. But, due to yesterday's....events....the team is taking the day off. Either way, it's kinda nice. I mean it is nice without them being dicks. Still, if the hockey team's not there that means a certain someone also isn't there. And Oikawa is definitely disappointed about that.

"Will you stop pouting already? It's annoying." Suga skids to a stop in front of Oikawa who rolls his eyes.

"I'm not pouting." He mutters while looking around the rink, hoping that Iwaizumi will just walk through the door. Unlikely. More like impossible since he was involved in the fight. Still, who knows.

"Oi! He's not coming so get your head straight." Suga hits him on the arm slightly, getting Oikawa to look at him again.

"I'm gay so that's not gonna happen anytime soon." Oikawa retorts, grinning at his own remark while Suga just rolls his eyes.

"Practice. Now." He crosses his arms and looks at Oikawa expectantly. Oikawa groans but complies, turning around and gliding over to the side of the rink so he has enough room to practice his triple axel.

He takes a deep breath before taking off down the ice gracefully, legs taking big glides across the glossy surface before he turns his skate to the side, edge catching and forcing him into the air, body spinning as the adrenaline spikes in his ears. All he can hear is his heart and he loves it. Iwaizumi even almost completely leaves his mind. Almost. He's always there nowadays and Oikawa can't really understand why. Sure he's good looking and sometimes he's nice. He's nice when he's alone. Still, though, he's an asshole. Simple. And straight for that matter. There's no reason Oikawa should get involved like that with someone like him.

"Wow, good job." Suga says slightly sarcastically since, for Oikawa, the triple axel was an easy skill.

"You could at least try to sound impressed. I know I'm awesome." Oikawa smirks while Suga rolls his eyes again.

"You're so full of yourself." Before Oikawa has the chance to defend himself, Akaashi calls the group over.

"What is it?" Hinata asks curiously, trying to ignore the fact that Kageyama is resting his arms on his head. Mainly because it's comfortable but it's also fun to remind Hinata he is short enough for Kageyama to do this. Akaashi picks up his phone which was buzzing and smiles.

"It's Noya." Everyone gathers around as Akaashi answers the face time. Soon enough, Noya comes into view.

'Hi everyone!' He grins and waves, his hair down and he's wearing a shirt that is clearly too big for him.

"Hi Noya!"

"We miss you!"

"We wish you would have come today." Hinata pouts slightly as Noya chuckles.

'Awww my kōhais miss me. Don't worry I'll be back tomorrow.' He assures as Suga takes note of Noya's location. 'Who is that?' A deeper voice says from the background. 'Oh it's my team.'

"Is that Asahi?" Suga asks with a sly grin, giving a look to Akaashi and Oikawa. He must have stayed the night yesterday.

'Yeah, I'm at his house right now. Here,' The camera moves as Noya flips it to show a tired Asahi lying next to him, arm resting over most of his eyes. He sends a small shy smile.

"Hi Asahi," Akaashi says with a small laugh as Asahi mutters a hello back. But something catches his eye as Noya turns the camera back around. "Noya..." Akaashi asks slowly with a small grin, glancing at Suga and Oikawa who also saw it.

'Yes?'

"Was that a hickey on Asahi's neck?" Noya instantly burns red as the rest of the team starts to freak out and ask questions.

"Holy shit no way!"

"Oh my god did something happen!"

"Are y'all dating or some shit?"

"Yū come on man you gotta tell." Noya laughs awkwardly, looking off to the side while scratching the back of his neck.

'Ummm....can I?' He whispers, eyes glued to the man next to him. They hear some mumbling before Noya turns back to the camera. 'Ummmm yeah we uhh we are kinda going out now.'

"Yes!"

"Finally! God, y'all waited way too long!"

"Congrats man!" Noya laughs again as everyone congratulates them, others claiming they knew all along, all while Noya is smiling like crazy and blushing. He's happy.

"Well, we're all really happy for you."

'Haha thanks, I appreciate it. Don't tell anyone though, especially ummm,'

"Don't worry, we won't say a word. Your secrets safe with us." Noya's smile softens.

'Thanks guys. Well, I gotta go make out with my new boyfriend!'

'Noya wha-' Asahi, clearly embarrassed, protests while Noya just laughs along with the group.

"Alright, we'll see you tomorrow. Bye!"

'Bye!' They all wave before the screen goes off.

"Alright! You owe me $20." Kenma quickly turns to Tanaka who pouts.

"Awww come on, how did you know?"

"I'm not oblivious. We all could tell that something was up." The rest of the group nods in agreement as Kenma holds out his hands expectantly. Tanaka just wines and heads off to get his wallet with Ennoshita who needed a drink of water. Akaashi just smiled as he put his phone off to the side. He was generally happy for them. It did make him miss his own boyfriend a little, but he was glad they finally got together. Now though, they'll have to face the harsh reality of this world.

♥♥♥

The walk home was actually really nice. Of course, Bokuto offered to give Oikawa a ride but he refused, like always. He really did enjoy the walk, besides he needed to stop by the market and pick up something to eat since his mom was out for the night.

He settled on some simple meat buns, eating almost half the bag before he decided to stuff it in his school bag to save for later. Now he was downtown where the dinner rush was just starting to settle as people began to head home. It was only around 8:12, so there were still quite a lot of people walking around, shopping, and going to bars.

Oikawa found himself heading home a new, slower way. Passing some clothing shops, a small bar, and a boxing gym. He expected the boxing gym to be closed since it was pretty late so he was surprised to see the light on. He paused for a moment, curiosity and a jabbing thought in the back of his head getting to him.

Who knows, maybe it's some really hot guy, training, all sweaty. His curiosity got the best of him so he decided to try to get a look and see who was inside at this time. He peered into the window, seeing an empty front desk and a boxing ring. He watched for a moment, seeing a guy working with a punching bag. His feet bouncing as he moves back and forth, fists swinging and giving strong blows, forcing the bag into motion.

He couldn't see his face, but he could see the small outline of his built body. Muscles shining with sweat. That was enough for Oikawa to try his luck at the door being unlocked.

Sure enough, it was.

He stepped in slowly, the sound of heavy breathing and knuckles coming in contact with the leather of the bag filled his ears. The sound of the door closing got the man's attention, who quickly stopped the bag and looked over at Oikawa.

"At this point, I'll start thinking you're stalking me." The man went back to hitting the bag as Oikawa watched with a smug smile.

"I'm my defense. I didn't know it was you until I came in here." The man chuckles and shakes his head slightly.

"Then why come in?"

"I thought you were hot." He stops again and looks at Oikawa surprised. "So I decided to investigate. Your still hot Iwa-chan, but now my motives are different." Iwa looks at him curiously.

"What are your motives?" Oikawa lowers his eyes, letting them rake over the man's body. He is really hot and no one can deny that.

"I think you already know them..."

_______________________________

~Suga~

Suga lets out a long sigh as he scrolls through his phone, his abandoned school books laid out on his bed. He wanted to study. Needed to actually, but his brain felt too fried for some reason. He couldn't bring himself to stare at those stupid English words any longer and he had already finished his math work, the fun stuff.

Now he just mindlessly scrolled through Instagram, liking his friend's photos while also looking at dumb cat videos. They made him laugh or he just loved how cute the kittens were. It passed the time quickly and soon enough, it was already 11.

He groans and puts his phone aside, turning back to his grammar which he really needs to practice. He starts going through the flashcards, not fully remembering each verb as his brain wanders to thoughts about literally anything else.

Suddenly, his phone buzzing snaps him out of his head. He sighs and picks it up to see who texted. It's probably another guy looking to hook up. Not that he's opposed to that, he's just kinda tired.

He unlocks his phone and goes to messages, reading his most recent one which confuses him. He doesn't really know what to think about what he sees.

11:06//Unknown:
Hey man, I really need your help this math shit is actually killing me!
I'm gonna fail

An unknown number...
_______________________________

1663 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 1.5K 30
In a cafe in Sendai, Hinata and Oikawa's lives entangle after a sudden earthquake. Together, injured they nurse each other's wounds and attraction be...
153K 5K 30
bokuto~ the famous volleyball player, he's not any other celebrity, he's a softie, a sweetheart and is obsessed with owls for some strange reason. he...
74.7K 2.6K 8
i hope you enjoy! please vote on the chapters it makes me really happy :') and let's me know what you're enjoying so i can know what and what not to...
127K 4.1K 58
Akari Ukai promised herself she was to never play volleyball again. Yet when her older brother Keishin Ukai injures himself, she must take the respon...