Remnant's System

By IOnlyDrinkJesusMilk

[RWBY x Solo Leveling] Male Reader's POV as a solo leveler in the world of Remnant. After having a near death... More

Prologue
An Awakening
The Dungeon Clearer
A Weird Date
I've Grown, Haven't I?
A Bully | A Mistake
A Fateful Stroll
Job Change
Penalty Quest | Preparation
The Shadow Ruler
A Surprise Visitor
The Assassins' Duel
The Angered Monarch
Interrogation (x2?)
Angry Goldilocks | Teasing Sister
This Isn't Some Story
Practice Match
The Vytal Festival Begins
The Festival's Festivities
Well, Hello
The Finals First?
Dance Partners
Hidden Quest Brings Truth
Where I Stand
Vytal Gala
Go Out With a Yang
The Puzzle's Pieces
Confrontation
What's to Come?
Finally Time For a Break?
Reflection
Reunited Before the Storm
Good Morning
My Nightmare
Sleep
Our Dates' Patterns
End Times

The Grimm Tamer

3.7K 86 22
By IOnlyDrinkJesusMilk

"kkkhhrkk..."

The tired cries of a murdered Beowulf Grimm can be heard, a young man sprinting past its disintegrating corpse.

Several shadow soldiers, and even a few shadow mages, are seen wiping out hoards of Grimm as their master whooshes past them at incredible speeds.

A way is paved for (Y/N). And before he knows it, he has arrived...

"Aah, someone's already here? How unfair."

A young girl with pale white skin, purple hair, and what appears to be a pitch black vein or two beneath the skin coming from her eyes.

[She's based off of a character from neither series with a hint of Salem's design in it. Don't freak out if you have no idea who she is.]

"You're kinda freaky..."

"How meeeean. I'm still a little girl."

"Yeah, well I think it's obvious you're the one controlling these guys."

"What makes you say that?"

My shadow soldiers arrive back at me, joining into my shadow once more. I feel safer.

"There's a large group of Grimm approaching my location."

"Ehhh? You're not going to save me? They're going to eat both of us."

She unenthusiastically asks for my help, her acting being painfully void of actual effort.

23 shadow soldiers appear, my 3 mages and 20 knights.

At the head of them...

"Igris... Don't kill her. But let's make sure she can't run away."

I smirk at the fight that's to come.

"Well, don't say I didn't give you an opportunity to run... Go."

The girl juts a hand in my direction, and a group of Grimm in every direction begin charging at me.

My soldiers and mages fend off the beasts while me and Igris begin attacking the girl in question.

She dodges each of our strikes with surprising skill. She doesn't seem to have weapons of her own. Er, at least anything threatening...

She has a dagger, but she has nothing more than basic knowledge of wielding it.

I knock the sharp weapon out of her hand, and she only raises her eyebrows ever so slightly.

"Woooow. You've backed me into a corner..."

She sighs.

"I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this... It's so uncomfortable."

Her arm transforms into a pitch black boney wrist with white armored claws at the tip.

I stare in surprise for a moment... Her sudden attack is blocked by Igris, snapping me out of my trance.

"Great work, Igris... Heh. You're gonna be fun, aren't you?"

"How gross. An 18 year old man saying something like that to a young girl like me..."

"I'm actually 17."

"Really? That's still creepy, big brother..."

Her final two words hold no weight, and is merely her weird way of referring to me.

Her legs begin to get pitch black as well, and her other arm follows suit. Her strength magnifies, her speed having increased, allowing her strength to be wielded better.

I think if any of my teammates were fighting her, they'd be overtaken...

Skill: Speed!

I appear behind the girl and stab at her back.

My knife is slapped away, which is odd since it wasn't her hands nor her legs that did this...

"You're fast!"

I glance at her back to see that Grimm wings have sprouted from them.

Skill: Dominator's Touch

My knife returns to my hand, and I slash at her, the girl blocking my attack with her claws.

"Just who are you?"

I ask this, annoyed that I'm referring to her as “the girl.”

"My name is Meili. Nice to meet ya."

After one of her arms stretches out, clawing into Igris's chest and making him disappear, She reaches for my chest with her other hand. I block it with my own hand, gripping the Grimm arm and attempting to snap it in half with my knee.

I hear a snap and a groan from her, but am knocked away by one of her legs. I can only stare in annoyance as her arm regenerates itself, albeit in a painful-looking fashion.

"Haaah... You're being so mean..."

"What can I say? You're the only child I think deserves to be bullied."

Meili giggles, shrugging.

"I won't be bullied much longer if your soldiers can't regenerate."

I glance around, as well as at my status screen.

The shadow soldiers can infinitely regenerate!

... So long as I have the aura to back it up. Them constantly needing to regenerate, as well as using my Speed skill, depleted my aura reserves quickly. Even Igris is gone.

Two flasks appear in my hand, and I down them in seconds.

My aura amount begins quickly rising.

"Eh? You can heal your aura with just a drink? I've never heard about anything like that before..."

"I don't play by the rules."

"Well, as much as I'd love to keep playing, I don't trust that you'll be fair."

Suddenly, her wings spread out and she attempts to fly away. I quickly jump at her, grabbing onto her foot. Her wings are surprisingly strong, so I'm pulled along by her, even being lifted into the air.

I glance at my inventory looking for anything I could do to ensure I get down from here safely...

An item has a green hue around it. It's...

"Let go, big brother. You're being so clingyyyy."

Item (Dungeon Key) Used.

She gasps immediately after saying this, and we both fall to the ground, it being right below us.

"What happened...?"

Meili is clearly confused. We were up in the sky, yet we're now on the ground and never even fell.

Skill: Dagger Throw

A dagger flies toward the girl at incredible speeds, and she isn't able to fully block it, so it becomes lodged in her hand.

"Hah!!"

She yelps in pain.

"We're in a dungeon, now. One that isn't just a carbon copy of our surroundings. This one..."

Meili looks around to see we are inside a single closed off room, concrete bricks making up the walls, floor and ceiling.

"Is meant to be a one-on-one battle."

Meili gets nervous as I say this.

"GRAHHHHHHHH"

A monster yells out from behind the girl. She begins to shake.

Item (Hearthstone) Used.

I begin to disappear with an ecstatic grin painting my face.

Using Dominator's Touch, I get my knife back moments before I'm gone.

"No... Where are you going?!"

"Use your powers to win. Good luck~" I wink.

"NOOOOOO-"

Dungeon escape successful

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 2.3K 65
"You are special, but you just do not see it yet." "What do you mean?" "You were destined to be a huntsman from the minute you were borne to this wor...
234K 3K 16
(Y/N), The Greatest Huntsman of All Time, have been a hero to everyone in Remnant for quite some time now. Your militaristic training and ideals has...
549 25 6
The World of Remnant is filled to the brim with the creatures of Grimm as well as other hidden forces bent on destruction, and the only ones willing...
25.6K 499 8
(THE REMAKE).....Depicted as a assassin of death, a harbinger of things to come. But they call me y/n, a former student of beacon academy. Wanting to...