Pearl Rising

By Chrissyvellis

Book Two takes us on quite a different ride. Two years on from Gifted, Pearl and Sylar are asked to help The... More

Authors Note
Fables and Truths...
Prologue
One - Pearl
Two - Pearl
Three - Wolf
Four - Wolf
Five - Pearl
Six - Pearl
Seven - Wolf
Eight - Pearl
Nine - Pearl
Ten - Wolf
Eleven - Pearl
~ ~ Interlude ~ ~
Twelve - Willa
Fourteen - Pearl
Fifteen - Sylar
Sixteen - Pearl
Seventeen - Willa
Eighteen - Sylar
Nineteen - Wolf / Cassius
Twenty - Pearl
Twenty One - Pearl
Twenty Two - Cassius / Wolf
Twenty Three - Pearl
Twenty Four - Willa
Twenty Five - Sylar
Interlude
Twenty Six - Pearl
Twenty Seven - Cassius
Twenty Eight - Willa
Twenty Nine - Sylar
Thirty - Cassius
Thirty One - Sylar
Thirty Two - Pearl
Thirty Three - Pearl
Thirty Four - Cassius / Wolf
Thirty Five - Pearl
Thirty Six - Cassius
Thirty Seven - Willa
Thirty Eight - Sylar
Thirty Nine - Pearl
Forty - Pearl
Forty One - Willa
Forty Two - Pearl
Forty Three - Cassius
Forty Four - Pearl
Epilogue
Yeah, Phew, thats me done!

Thirteen - Pearl

1.3K 217 63
By Chrissyvellis

I'd been sitting at his bedside for nearly an hour. Seth and Noah had left to check on Orion and Sylar had just stepped out after offering me assurances for the tenth time that he would be okay but didn't have a reason—well, no physical reason The Alpha hadn't woken up yet.

Fuck my life!  Would someone cut me a break? I didn't want the day ending with my mate—potential mate in a freakin coma!

I would do whatever it took to put this right.  Even conceding going down on my knees—and not for the usual reason... 

Praying—Yeah, you heard me right. I would pray if it would fix this mess. 

My wolf whimpered then growled, obviously still upset and pissed at me.

Urgh!

Dragging my attention from the pits of my guilt, I watched Gunner's mate; Eve checking his vitals again. She showed little concern regarding The Alpha's condition.  Which was a good thing, Right?

In fact, she glowed with happiness. With the same smile plastered across those to die for lips for the past ten minutes. I could assume finding her mate was the reason. 

I spat out a frustrated sigh. "Why hasn't he woken yet?"

Eve turned her attention to me, but kept hold of the Alpha wrist, checking his pulse. "He is fine Luna. The enchanted silver will have no lasting effects." She adjusted his hand back at his side. "This isn't the first time we have had to use silver." She shook her head as if recalling a memory. "And I doubt it will be the last!"

The name Luna didn't sit well with me. I hadn't earned or deserved the title. "Please don't call me that—I'm not your Luna. Pearl is fine." 

"My apologies, I meant no offence... Pearl."

I chewed my bottom lip. "He won't want nothing to do with me when he wakes up."

"Why would you say such a thing? Gunner has told me wonderful things about you. By accounts the Alpha is very lucky to have you."

I scoffed. "Gunner said that?" Gunner had said more in grunts and eye rolls than actual words to me over the last two years.

She reached over the bed and cupped my cheek in a motherly fashion. "Do not worry Pearl. Everything will work out just fine."

She seemed confident, and I wanted to believe her. "Is it okay if I stay with him?"

"I think that's a splendid idea. Having his mate close will speed up the healing process." She smiled. "I will leave you both alone. But if you want me, I'm just down the hall to the right."

"Thank you and I'm sorry for all the trouble."

"Luna—Pearl."  She gave herself a little head-shake. "The trouble sits with Orion and mark my words, in a few days he will be back to winding his brother up."

Me and guilt were best friends today. "Is Orion okay?"

"Yes—but sadly he will wake none the wiser."

~ ~

We were alone. I looked at him as my hand brushed against his, the connection instant. His lips looked so tempting as my heart beat a little faster just looking at them.  He looked so peaceful and damn hot... which only increased my attraction to him. I pictured him smiling with those sexy as fuck dimples, teasing me.

I couldn't deny the mate pull between us.  Want coursed through my veins as my insides churned like a magical hush of an impending brewing storm.  Closing my eyes, I let the electrical current race up through my fingers, up my arms, and across my chest before heading south. It was becoming the norm that my lady parts went haywire when we touched, not even needing touch, just his smell... Nutella.

Did he feel it too?  

"Bugger this!" I stood and pried off my ballet shoes. Eve said my closeness would speed up the healing. 

Creepy?  Maybe.  But if he wanted me to shift—he would have to damn well wake up and tell me to move!

I climbed onto the bed, lying on my side facing towards him, but kept my hands to myself with my head resting on level with his shoulders. "I hope you don't mind. Eve said you won't be awake for hours."  I paused to see if he would open his eyes and yell at me to move away. 

Nope... all quiet. 

My hand ached to feel his skin beneath my fingers.  What harm could it do?  "I'm going to place my hand over your heart. So speak up now—or forever hold your peace."  I smiled at the wedding reference as I lay my hand gently over his beating heart.

Relaxing, perhaps it was a good time to tell him about myself, how I felt?  Taking a deep breath. "I've been perfectly fine on my own, in some ways its was probably been for the best." I glanced up.

"But the second I saw you...smelled you, I knew I found what I'd been missing...a home.  You felt like home."  I sighed as the words tumbled out. "I need you to give me a chance before you decide to reject me." 

What—where did that come from?  I cringed at sound of my words, almost begging... although they were the truth.

Okay.  He can't hear us.  No harm done. 

I dared to snuggle a little closer. "I'm sorry about your brother.  I'm guessing he's not the smart one of the family?" Being this close, his smell was calming as I continued.

"You need you to know that nothing would have happened. I was angry at you, when I saw you with her... that she-wolf." I paused, still no response.

"You also need to know you can tell me anything, nothing would make me think any less of you."  I was tempted to tell him about what lurked inside me, but even out cold, I couldn't say the words.   "I have secrets too," I whispered.

"Anyway, whilst I have your complete attention."  I grinned.  "I want to share some things about me."  Here goes... "I'm kind, loyal, and hilarious.  But maybe a little...well a lot...outspoken and stubborn.  Oh, and my language can be less than ladylike at times."  Fuck, I was supposed to telling him the good stuff. 

My head popped up as I heard a creak in the door.

A female, a very tall female with silky long brunette hair, stood in the doorway. 

Fuck me, she was beautiful. 

Her hair lifted slightly from the draft created by the open door.  She wore a white dress which swirled around her long, lean legs. She looked like someone who was wearing their Sunday best to attend a tea-party.  Quite different to all the other pack females I'd seen.

Her huge brown eyes zeroed in on me, and it took all of a few seconds to see she had an issue with me being here.  In those big brown eyes shimmered anger and something else. 

Be nice Pearl.  I sat up. "Can I help you?"

She studied me, her lips pursing before raising an eyebrow.  "I'm here to check on Wolf... my Alpha," she corrected.

I slipped from the bed and stood up straight.  I may have been small, but damn, I was big in attitude.  "Look no further." I gestured with my hand, compelling a smile, and my wolf snarled.  Easy Girl.

"Who are you?  And why are here alone with the Alpha?" Her mouth arched up in disdain.

What?   Someone in the pack didn't know who I was?  "Pearl." I held out my hand to greet as she stared at it like I'd offered her a shit-stick.

She looked away briefly before returning her gaze to me. "You are the one they are talking about."

Fuck, that didn't sound good. "And what is it they say?" I kept my tone light, sweet.

"A potential mate."

Potential.... She made it sound like a dirty word.  

Wise up Pearl.  They had some kind of relationship.  And I didn't need Sylar to tell me she was laying claim to my mate.  Possessiveness coiled tight in her shoulders and clenched fists ...and I was in her way.

"Yes, he is my mate... and you are?"

Her jaw clenched, and I saw her wolf flicker behind those pretty browns. "I see no mark of a mate."

If she carried talking to me like I was the shit on her shoe, then I would open her mouth and stuff her arse in it!  "I'm not a bite on the first date kinda girl."  No, I was more into getting them naked and screwing their brains out kinda of girl—but she didn't need to know that.

"And you are?" I repeated my question, just in case she was a little slow.

She didn't answer.  I would need to spell it out. "Listen, I get it.  You and he are what?  Fuck buddies?"  I shrugged.

She snarled.  I'd definitely hit the nail on the head.  "I'll keep this simple.  Whatever fun you and he were having."  I lay my hand on his shoulder, ignoring the current that sparked between us, sending a flush of heat right through me.  "It's on hold until he regains consciousness and informs you himself that whatever you had—is over."

She stepped closer, asserting her dominance. "You think you are worthy of him?"

I was just about to shoot a reply when the door opened again and in walked another female.

Spank me pink—it was a good job I wasn't insecure; she was also on a different level of beautiful. Even more so than whatever her name was standing next to her?  This one had the face cut right from the pages of a GQ Magazine.

I rolled my eyes.  How many fuck buddies did he have?  I glanced down at him with a half-smile.  He was a fine specimen, so I guess I couldn't blame them for wanting a piece of what was mine.

Mine?    Mine.  My wolf repeated.

"Why are you here, Bella?" the GQ model questioned.

Bella?  So that's her name.  I didn't recall Noah mentioning someone named Bella.

"I think it's obvious why I am here,"  she retorted sarcastically.

"Was your presence requested Bella?"

There was obviously no love between these two.

Bella flushed at her question, bowing her head.  "I shall take my leave," she muttered quietly.

Not so cocky now, are we?  I restrained a smug smirk.

"That's an excellent idea."  She waited until Bella had left and turned to me, smiling.  "Forgive my intrusion.  I wanted to check on the Alpha."

She was weirdly familiar as I bent down to slip on my shoes.  "Don't let me disturb you, Luna," she said.

Here we go with the Luna... again... Urgh!  I held out my hand. "Hi, I'm Pearl."

"Hello Pearl.  My name is Carmel. I'm the pack's Zeta serving under Alpha Cassius Wolf King."  She paused. "And this isn't our first meeting."

My brow furrowed—we'd already met?

"Down at the water's edge I was with the Alpha."  My claws lengthened, and my wolf growled.

She laughed, amused by my reaction. "You have nothing to fear.  He and I have no relationship outside friendship."

But had they shared something in the past?

"And to answer the question in your eyes.  No, Never."

Fuckity-fuck! Was she psychic?  But okay... I sensed no lies.   "I'm guessing the female that was just here, they were—"

"Involved, yes. How would you define it... Ah, a booty call?"

I laughed at the reference. Perhaps not everyone here was Old World.  "Yeah, booty call works."

She laughed and lowered her head.  "It pleases me that our Moon Goddess paired him with a feisty mate.  You will be good for him." 

That surprised me.  "And I'm sure you and I, Pearl, will be good friends."

I relaxed a little; she seemed like a straight shooter.

"Will talk again soon." Bowing her head, she turned and left the room. 

I shifted his hair back from his forehead, only for it to flop back. "There's never a dull moment around here."  He remained still, and I contemplated climbing on the bed again.  But first I needed the bathroom. 

Spoke too soon.  The door's handle twisted as I braced myself for another female groupie.

I was wrong.  A small child, a female approximately eight years of age, stepped into the room.  She, too, glared at me before turning her attention to my mate.   One of us needed to speak.

"Hello.  Have you come to visit the Alpha?"

Her eyes flicked to mine, scowling. 

Okay, not friendly.   I took a moment to inspect her.  She was thin and pale as the skin of a glass of milk.  And although her eyes were the prettiest colour of blue, something lurked in the shadows of her pupils, dark, staring like a cobra seeking its prey.

If I was honest, she creeped me out.  Forcing a smile. "Would you like to sit here with him, whilst I go to the bathroom?"   And perhaps grab Eve on the way back.

She said nothing—I didn't have a clue what to do, the only experience with young ones was with Sage's kids and they were adorable.  The little girl before me was beautiful but lacked any cuteness. 

Okay, we got this.  "My name is Pearl.  What's yours?" I said, a little too chipper.  Tone it down a notch.

She didn't answer.  Okaaaay...  

She took a small step forward as her top lip curled into a sneer.  I was becoming uncomfortable. Perhaps she was some kind of special fucked up?

As she took another step.  My wolf snarled and chirping in—my squatters sprang to life.

'Deaaaaad.' The voice I heard earlier hissed.  Did it say dead?

'Deaaaaaad.' It hissed again.

Me... my wolf and my hissing squatters didn't like this little girl. Instinctively, I shifted closer to my mate.  If she meant him any harm, I wouldn't hesitate to protect him.  I took a deep breath and made sure my voice was steady and firm.  "You need to leave right now."

"Moriemini," she muttered, lowering her eyes before laughing creepily.

Fuck!  Goosebumps rose along the back of my neck.  And was that Latin?  It sounded Latin. I tried to remember... death... die?  Fuck, I couldn't remember.  Sage was the smart one when we were younger.

My squatters weren't happy with just speaking or hissing as I felt them shift, the uncomfortable surge of power within as they looked to expand past their borders of my body and reach out.  My fingers tingled as my hand shook and lifted on its own accord.

The little girl hissed as she stepped back.  She stared at me, although looking past me, through me.  My heart thumped, and I began to pant.

"Moriemini," she repeated and turned away from me, flinging the door open so it banged against the wall.  I stayed rooted to the spot.  Double blinking, the doorframe was filled by Sylar.

"Are you okay?" He looked around the room, his eyes landing on the Alpha.  "I sensed something?"

"A child was here with me, but something is telling me that it wasn't a child."

He looked like I'd grown two heads but kept his thoughts to himself.

Unexpected fingers entwined with mine and I looked down to see eyelids flutter. 

He was awake. 

Thank fuck for that!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 25.9K 36
[EDITING] ----------------------------- Nicole Summers thought she was living the ordinary high school life. In her senior year, she...
44.8K 2.4K 67
Book two of the Alpha Series. It's a sequel to The Royal Alpha and not exactly a stand-alone book. ~~~~ Catrina St. Clair has only now managed to bui...
85.7K 3.3K 31
In a world where the Moon Goddess blesses certain wolves with abnormal, powerful gifts, Wyren Thorn is a cursed wolf. Living in a pack whose Alpha (e...
1.1M 31.7K 67
Book 1: The Submissive Series Xander is the Alpha of the Crimson Moon Pack, the most powerful Pack in the supernatural world. He is a strong and po...