To All The Boys You've Loved...

By solivagante

What if your secret love letters were accidentally mailed out, revealing your deepest feelings to seven boys... More

💌 Book Trailer 💌
💌 New Playlist 💌
💌 Introduction 💌
💌 part one 💌
💌 Chapter One 💌
💌 Chapter Two 💌
💌 Chapter Three 💌
💌 Chapter Four 💌
💌 Chapter Five 💌
💌 Chapter Six 💌
💌 Chapter Seven 💌
💌 Chapter Eight 💌
💌 Chapter Nine 💌
💌 Chapter Ten 💌
💌 Chapter Eleven 💌
💌 Chapter Twelve 💌
💌 Chapter Thirteen 💌
💌 Chapter Fourteen 💌
💌 Chapter Fifteen 💌
💌 Chapter Sixteen 💌
💌 Chapter Seventeen 💌
💌 Chapter Eighteen 💌
💌 Chapter Nineteen 💌
💌 Chapter Twenty 💌
💌 part two 💌
💌 Chapter Twenty One 💌
💌 Chapter Twenty Two 💌
💌 Chapter Twenty Three 💌
💌 Chapter Twenty Four 💌
💌 Chapter Twenty Five 💌
💌 Chapter Twenty Six 💌
💌 Chapter Twenty Seven 💌
💌 Chapter Twenty Eight 💌
💌 Chapter Twenty Nine 💌
Chapter Thirty One + Unedited
Chapter Thirty Two + Unedited
Chapter Thirty Three + Unedited
Chapter Thirty Four + Unedited
Chapter Thirty Five + Unedited
Chapter Thirty Six + Unedited
Chapter Thirty Seven + Unedited
Chapter Thirty Eight + Unedited
Chapter Thirty Eight [ 2 ] + Unedited
Chapter Thirty Nine + Unedited
Chapter Thirty Nine [ 2 ] + Unedited
Chapter Forty + Unedited
Chapter Forty [ 2 ] + Unedited
Chapter Forty [ Extra ] + Unedited
part three
Chapter Forty One + Unedited
Chapter Forty Two + Unedited
Chapter Forty Two [ Extra ] + Unedited
Chapter Forty Three + Unedited
Chapter Forty Four + Unedited
Chapter Forty Four [ Extra ] + Unedited
Chapter Forty Five + Unedited
Chapter Forty Six + Unedited
Chapter Forty Six [ 2 ] + Unedited
Chapter Forty Six [ Extra ] + Unedited
Chapter Forty Seven + Unedited
Chapter Forty Eight + Unedited
Chapter Forty Nine + Unedited
Chapter Forty Nine [ Extra ] + Unedited
Chapter Fifty + Unedited
Chapter Fifty [ 2 ] + Unedited
Chapter Fifty One + Unedited
Chapter Fifty Two + Unedited
Chapter Fifty Two [ Extra ] + Unedited
Chapter Fifty Three + Unedited
Chapter Fifty Four + Unedited
Chapter Fifty Five + Unedited
Chapter Fifty Five [ 2 ] + Unedited
Chapter Fifty Five [ Extra ] + Unedited
Chapter Fifty Six + Unedited
Chapter Fifty Seven + Unedited
Chapter Fifty Eight + Unedited
Chapter Fifty Eight [ 2 ] + Unedited
Chapter Fifty Eight [ Extra ] + Unedited
Chapter Fifty Nine + Unedited
Chapter Sixty + Unedited
Chapter Sixty [ Extra ] + Unedited
part four + five
Chapter Sixty One + Unedited
Chapter Sixty Two + Unedited
Chapter Sixty Three + Unedited
Chapter Sixty Four + Unedited
Chapter Sixty Five + Unedited
Chapter Sixty Five [ 2 ] + Unedited
Chapter Sixty Six + Unedited
Chapter Sixty Seven + Unedited
Chapter Sixty Eight + Unedited
Chapter Sixty Eight [ 2 ] + Unedited
Chapter Sixty Nine + Unedited
Chapter Seventy ♥ Epilogue ♥ + Unedited
💌 three years later.. 💌
💌 Dear J... 💌
💌 Dear Y/N..... 💌
💌 Dear to the Girl who.. 💌
💌 Dear Noona 💌
💌 Dear to that Someone.. 💌
💌 D̶e̶a̶r̶ M̶y̶ Y̶/N̶... 💌
💌 Dear Unrequited Lover.. 💌
Attention Readers

💌 Chapter Thirty 💌

3.8K 255 117
By solivagante

Your dad, in all his experience as the only parent in the house since your mom worked in England, knew exactly the way to lure you and your brother in a Sunday morning. He would set up the most splendid breakfast when compared to every other day of the week and just the thought of fluffy pancakes drenched in chocolate with the bacon and hotdog as a side dishes was enough to get you out of the bed even if you didn't want to.

It was certaintly just the thought of those pancakes that your dad learned from watching japanese cooking lessons that had you quickly dressed and sat at the table for breakfast earlier than Daniel. As he and your dad talk about their plans today, you made up a stack of pancakes and started styling them in the way you liked.

You're reaching across the table for the maple syrup when Dad speaks over his mug of coffee, "Your mom called when you were sleeping yesterday with Jungwon"

Sighing, you contemplated ignoring him, so you could eat your pancake in peace but knowing him, he wasn't going to let an issue pass so easily.

"As much as I don't want to meddle with your lovelife, Mom asked me to remind you not to take your sudden wilding a notch", he says, referring to the video that no one had bothered to take down.

Since your Mom left for her job, you have only spoken to her in some special occasions alone in facetime, and frequently shared the laptop with you, Dad and Daniel crowding over the screen to see her. You are not the type of daughter to ask her about the real stuff - the real deal, all the topics about boys and how you should act around them. What can you tell about the same mother who strictly says to not go after your brother's bestfriend?

For all you know, she must've wished for you to stay single until you were done with College. "What did she say about that latest video?", you ask as you cut the first piece of pancake in a half. "Is she okay with me having a boyfriend?"

Daniel who had been eating in silence beside you suddenly nudged you and butted in, "So you and Heeseung hyung are for real? What about Jay hyung? I liked him better"

"Danny, as much as I love your chattiness, please learn to talk when needed", Dad chastised him from across the table and even though Daniel wanted to protest, he said nothing. "As for your question, Y/N, she said she will call you tonight after her work"

"Well, I have to prepare myself then for an interrogation", you says, sounding so resign to your fate as you wipe your lips.

It wouldn't take a genius to figure out how an asian mother would react to first boyfriends even if it wasn't real, she wasn't aware of the reason behind the deal. There's no need to for her to know. You wondered what would your mom say, or why she felt the need to talk to you one-on-one like it couldn't make you nervous when the time finally comes. It certainly wasn't a good news.

"But you see Dad, the one I'm talking about had been driving us home with Jungwon and Sunoo", Daniel began to tell your dad who raised an eyebrow in silent question and found him watching you expectantly, but your brother is the one who continued his story. "Because of him, I won't suffer the bad odor of the other students in the school bus. His car was even a Bently - for rich kids. He smelled nice too, like a Prince Charming"

Confronted with another glance from your dad, you turned to face him, chewing slowly on your pancake. "I bet Danny loves that guy because he was always promising him things"

"Promising things?", He repeated cautiously, mouth still full. When you nodded and Daniel only smiled, he stilled. "Like what? Are you trying to sell out your sister, Danny?"

As always, your brother pointedly ignored the look you were sending his way that was a warning him to not say what you knew he was going to say. "In a way, yes. And tonight I told him he can visit us with pizzas on the way"

"Kim Dongkyu, are you trying to tell us you invited a boy without asking for any adult's permission first?", Dad asked slowly, hoping that your brother realised just what he will add to your mother's interrogation.

You dropped your hands into your head with a heavy sigh, causing for Daniel to throw a curious glance your way. When you refused to speak a word, he looked back at you with hopeful eyes.

"But the pizzas. I think he will buy us burgers too. That's your favorite. Come on, noona, support me in this case", he begged.

And if he only knew how to use his brain according to it's natural capacity, he would've realised how you felt about what he wants and how what he was asking of you is secretly killing you inside, then he could have understood that it was simply an unavoidable question.

His puppy eyes were like a dagger through your heart and you swallowed thickly, asking yourself why you were weak even to your brother's wishes.

"Dad, can you please save me from your little monster? You know me", you were the one begging now.

When your eyes drifted away from Daniel's, avoiding the eager piercing intensity of his gaze and found yourself looking at your dad who lifted up his head from his plate. It was all there in his stare: he thought you were an idiot. And you probably were for real.

"Of course, your wish is granted my sweet brother", you said with a forced smile and when Daniel hugged you in thanks, you can only hide your face from your dad's judging stare behind his back.

You waited until Daniel finished his breakfast and it was only when he said he'll be inviting Jungwon as well tonight before running up to his room that you let your smile drop. Now that your day had already been decided for you, you scowled at your loss appetite and pushed the plate away from you.

As much as Jay is possibly the coolest guy you can find that was acceptable for your parents to meet, but weekend was supposed to be your only free days from any boys, and yet even that was now invested to one of them.

How can you avoid them completely even from School? Only it seemed near impossible.

With a sigh, your dad pushed your plate back towards you. "You need to eat to gain energy and to keep your strength", he said, his voice trying so hard not to sound done. "You might be the queen of the idiots, but that doesn't mean you deserved to starve because of it"

Your dad, in other explanation, is the very best friend you've ever had - you were closer to him than your mom and Daniel - but if you were being totally honest you'd have to admit that he doesn't always have much differences from his own son. He's intelligent, but not really that much mature from you.

It comes from growing up with your grandma who had spoiled him too much and in the next generation, she showered too much attention in Daniel's cuteness, that he have grown to be a baby of the family who thinks he was the Lord, one where his whims is always given.

Lifting your eyes up to your dad, you couldn't even sum up the courage to glare. Instead you looked down at your plate and soak the pancake into more syrup. "What did I do to be treated like this?"

"Eat up, my idiot", he said much softer this time.

But that black morning when no birds sang, you couldn't concentrate on anything except the fact that you have to clean the house for the visit of the boy from Seattle.

💌  ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  💌

He had been visualizing this for weeks now. And so the way it was all unfolding - the whole city of Seoul looking beautiful just as he'd imagine it, the row of entertainments in the Main Street and the cool breeze at his back - almost made it feel like he was in a dream.

It had been a long time since he'd felt this way. In the past ten years, as his life had become increasingly unrecognizable, Sunghoon had grown very sensitive and yes, secretive. He was used to being told what to do, how to act, who to see, and what to say during competitions. Casual-seeming conversations on the couches of his guestings were pre-scripted. Dates were set up for him by his people.

His clothes were chosen by a stylist who was forever trying to wrangle him into up-to-date fashion trends and as much as he liked what he achieved so far in his career, he couldn't help but hated everything about it. This was where he realized that behind the glamour of his popularity, there is still fragment of fakeness into every part of it.

For once, when the letter was delivered to his address and his sister handed it to him, he made a life-changing decision for himself.

But what nobody ever told him was that once something like this happens to you, there's no going back.

In hindsight, this seemed like it should have been obvious, something he might have realized before everything was already in motion, but there was a slow inertia to the whole process that made it feel less like a catapult and more like a tumble down a hill.

The whole point was it all had been going too inanely slow for him and it all started in his enrollment at your school.

After all, he never let go of the things he wanted for years and he just had to pursue it in person in this time.

"So, what can you say? Will you really join me to go at the address from my Y/N's letter?", Jake asked again for what must have already been the nth time, but Sunghoon just shrugged.

He thought his mind that his childhood bestfriend was getting too desperate. "Why do you keep on insisting in calling her yours? I thought we had a deal to decide once she choose between us"

"Because I'm more obvious than you and I was now ahead of you in this competition", Jake said, like a kid chanting off his win over a childish game. But then, Sunghoon could see the boy as still a kid in his eyes.

The two of them slowed a bit nearing the cake shop they had been eyeing at the beginning of the week, there was this particular batch of cupcakes in different designs or you could choose to design it yourself and they think it best to gift for the girl they both wanted at the same time. The unexpected heat of the sun struck them in the back, their shirts clinging to their bodies.

When Jake pushed open the door for the two of them, they were both rattled to see you already lining up near the cashier, but you were not alone as soon as their eyes settled onto the boy they recognized from school.

It had been a long time since they had felt the struck of something unrecognizable inside their chest and had been afraid to look at the other boy but they were both inexplicably nervous now at the sight of you smiling to Sunoo and it took them a moment to force themselves into walking towards your direction.

With that, Jake shot up away from Sunghoon and poked you in the back with a grin, "It's nice to see you here, my Y/N!"

Just as Sunghoon imagined what your response would be, you were now watching his bestfriend anxiously, your expression halfway between shock and caution. It looks like you wanted nothing more than to slam the wallet from your hand in Jake's face and you were slowly backing up near Sunoo. In his eyes, you were almost having a heart attack when you realized he was there as well.

But still - it was the small pleasures in life of seeing your face breaking into a cautious smile that made things worth it.

💌  ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  💌

It was nearly impossible to avoid someone in a city like Seoul. There were only so many places to go, so many intersections and stoplights and restaurants. There were only so many trees with trunks big enough to duck behind, but you certainly hadn't ever in your wildest dreams imagined that you would cross way with Jake and Sunghoon inside a cake shop.

You wanted it to nothing more than a dream, a nightmare. You were just supposed to help Sunoo pick a cake for celebrating his one million followers in Tiktok.

From his message earlier, you were more than happy to agree for a free slice of cake, thinking it would distract you from the dinner tonight with Jay. You were in far too good of a mood to let his visit ruin your day, then Jake comes in to hug you like it was just natural for him to do - that was certainly enough to ruin your good morning - to ruin the rest of your day in fact.

Your Sunday was now as bad as Monday and it was all thanks to a two person. One you hoped to never see at weekends especially at this particular day.

And as if Sunoo knew what you were thinking and he probably knew you well enough to have an already inkling for what you were thinking, he spoke up softly. "Maybe we could go into the other shops around here?"

You didn't answer him. You have no right to.

Instead, you continued to look at the two boys, hand tightening around the handle of your wallet and kept your eyes on them. "Well, let's wait for them to leave first lest they tried to follow us there too"

Expecting and hoping upon hope that Jake or Sunghoon got the hint and would turn and walk away, you continued to watch them expectantly as you backed up more in the side of Sunoo.

You knew the two boys was smart, more than smart enough to know that they weren't wanted. And yet they remained to where they stood side by side, as if you were gazing at them welcomingly, as if they were expecting for you to dive into their arms, like they thought you have no self-respect.

"My Y/N", the pet name passed Jake's lips easily and it was enough to make you gather your senses. "Why are you with that boy? Who is he?"

Sunoo smiled at them, "I'm Sunoo, her next door neighbor and yes, I'm her friend", It was the answer the two never expected, but nevertheless they didn't enjoy seeing his hand turning to cling in your arms. "Are the two of you close?"

"That", Sunghoon looked the boy up and down, as if sizing him up. For what? "is correct", he peered over his outfit and compared it to Jake's and his. "Now can you tell us why are you with her?"

Once again, Sunoo was scanned by another boy but before he could comment on it, you heard the voice of Jake before you.

"You had better not be dating someone else now when we're still here chasing for you", then he looked at the younger boy. "It's obvious that I'm the much better choice from him"

Sunoo was offended at such a comment that he exclaimed, "But I'm cuter! Right, Y/N?"

"I thought I was the most handsome here", Sunghoon muttered under his breath, just loud enough for you to hear. If he could only hear your thoughts, he will hear you agreeing to his claim.

But it was the last thing you wanted to think about. You'd never think of staying longer, never wanted to experience the rush of weakness that came over you at the idea of being trapped between the three of them.

"Sunoo, let's go", you said to your new friend, this time more forcefully, cutting him off before either of the two boys could utter another word. You didn't owe them a thing. "I need you to walk me out of this place right at this second"

The instant you said it, the amused expressions from Jake and Sunghoon collapsed and you didn't let the way they were looking at you make your resolve faster. From the way they continued to watch you, you could tell they had never expected for you to act so cold to them.

For the first time since they entered the shop, you averted your eyes and took another step backward, hand reaching for Sunoo's in need of reassurance.

"Sunoo, let's go"

Without waiting for the other two boys to speak, Sunoo risked it by letting them see intertwined his hand with yours as he guided you to the door. But he didn't walk away yet, leading for you to look at him in alarm.

Instead, Sunoo found himself rooted to the threshold, staring at you as if he would be able to stare through to check what you were thinking.

When he finally listened to the screaming of your eyes, he led the two of you out of the shop and looked back for a second to see Sunghoon and Jake as they remained inside, both of their eyes following his every moves.

At first, Sunoo thought that they were only disappointed by how you responded to them and him being with you is a small problem.

But he will quickly learned in the following days how wrong he was.

💌  ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  💌

After the rather unexpected, but awkward encounter with Jake and Sunghoon, Sunoo decided to just buy an ice cream cake from the store near your neighborhood and so today, like every other day, you looked left and right in the road before crossing it with him.

The two of you walked together in a tense, but welcome silence. It appeared that he had only been taking his time before asking you about the boys.

"Y/N", Sunoo started slowly, turning towards you as you used this chance to let go of his hand now that the play is over. "What do you think of those transferees?", Sensing your hesitance to speak, he admitted. "I know it's not my business to ask about. But who are they? Do they like you too-"

He thankfully shut up when you cut him off, "About that? They received letters from me as well if that's what you want to know"

Not that he was silent for long. When you entered the ice cream store and instantly headed for the line, he followed you step for step. Why had you expect anything less from a talkative boy? "So does that mean they were after you now like me and Jungwon?"

"What?", you tossed back, joining the end of queue and looking up at him with an unbelievable expression. "I know my hearing is not faulting yet, but Sunoo, for real, you will go for a stupid and dumb girl like me?"

"Do you ever wonder what your most noticeable feature is, like what do people see first when they look at you?", He tried to be cute when he already looked one without even trying hard. "Just answer it please"

Reaching the front of queue, you placed your order and his, and moved to pay for it yourself when Sunoo pushed your wallet away. He ignored your offended gasp as he smiled charmingly and offered up his card when the cashier asked for a payment. After it had been swiped, he retrieved it and lead you further along in the counter to wait for your orders.

You pointedly didn't meet his eyes as you worked an answer at his previous question. "If it's up to me, I like for them to see my face rather than my eyes because eye bags", you admit, pointing to the evidence of your late night musings over a fictional death.

"As for me, I think I liked it when you're so immersed in a book and it looked like you were right where you belong by the smile in your face", he looked as though he had zoned out at the thought of seeing you with a book, instead of another boy's hand.

You looked up to him then, with your mouth parting incredelously. Despite of your orders being brought up, you didn't pick yours straight away. You had no idea why he said that, it's not like he hadn't shown up to a sign you have been wishing for boy to say and that is to appreciate in your own version of lovable habit.

"No", you said, instantly hating how hurt you sounded. Before he could convince you otherwise, the bell above the door of the store jangled then, and when you looked over, you drew in a sharp breath.

Speaking of the she-devil who was rumored to asking your number from the others. It was as if she'd marched straight out of the nightmare in your head, materializing on the other side of the glass in a a blue top that matched her jeans, and her eyes were hidden by a pair of dark sunglasses.

You were so startled to see Yana there that you found yourself moving backward, and it took only two steps before you managed to bump into the display of the birthday candles. The whole thing teetered for one horrible, endless moment before crashing to the floor, the packets falling heavily and one of the containers splitting wide open, sending different colors of number-shaped candles skittering in all directions like runaway marbles.

The entire half of the store turned to look and it was in the bad timing of your karma that Yana pulled open the door the rest of the way, nudging her sunglasses down on her nose to peer over the lenses at your mess before she smirked smugly.

But you remained frozen in place, even as Sunoo dashed down to help you up to your feet. "Don't worry, don't worry", he was saying, his words loud in the suddenly quiet shop. "Don't look at her and just look at me. You'll be okay"

This time, he just handed you the plastic of the ice creams, and he began sweeping up mess as you stood helplessly in the middle of the now-colorful floor, full of candles. You were acutely aware of what you must have looked like, like a pathetic kid lost in an aisle and Yana is even approaching you.

All you could do was stare uselessly at the floor.

To heightened up the look of embarassment in your face, Yana had let the door fall shut behind her, and without a word, she turned to stop beside Sunoo who's using both of his hands to gather the candles, while the rest of the customers looked on, apparently as dumbfounded as you are.

In order to avoid the infuriating eyes of your tormentor, you stared down at Sunoo's broad back, the same back you felt against yours in the tent that night, and your heart thumped hard against your chest at the realization he took the fall from your own clumsiness at this moment, not minding the eyes of the other people.

"Disaster averted", Sunoo said with a smile, straightening up again as Yana shaked her head when the other customers left you alone along the owner who just thanked the boy for his help at putting the candles back to it's display. "It's finished. Now we can leave"

"Thank you", you said quietly, unable to look at him, though you could feel his gaze like a kind of heat.

He cleared his throat and he smiled, offering you his hand to allow him to get you out of there.

"It's no problem and just let us leave here", he said, and you felt your heart jump in your chest, as if that too were connected by the same fragile string. "Are you alright, Y/N?"

You wanted to say something, but your tongue was thick in your mouth, and before you had a chance to even try, Yana looked around with a disappointed expression. "Don't they have a mind to make you pay for that accident?"

"Good to know that you're a  concern citizen", Sunoo said and he nodded stiffly to you, and as the two of you pushed open the door, you heard Yana said to no one, but everyone inside. "Look out for that girl. You might never know if she will steal something from this store too"

Outside, you forced yourself to hurry back in the corner turning for the street of your house on wobbly legs, and though you were greeted by the sight of Ni-ki stepping out from one of the houses, you still felt a swell of relief at having returned at the safety of your neighborhood.

This time when you grabbed your ice cream from Sunoo, he didn't even try to call and stop you from running inside your house. He's too good.

At least he knew when to let you be off to gather yourself again as it was obvious that your day had suddenly turned bad.

💌  ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  💌

This was it. Already long but Y/N's Sunday is still not completed and yet so many things has already happened. What do you think will occur at the visit of Jay in her house?

Will it just be him or not?

Don't forget to Comment & Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.9K 2.2K 24
This is the story of two idols who secretly have crush on each other. How will Jungwon react if suddenly Yeong gets shipped with other idols? Or wor...
36.5K 1.8K 46
"You know our love would be tragic." Enhypen's Jungwon Fanfic ^-^ ----------------------------------------- Feel free to give me Feedback after you'v...
105K 5.3K 30
❝ 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 ❞ ❝ 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶. ❞ After the death of her first love, Hyejin decided to move on with her life without him, even th...
178K 8.3K 38
a girl who told herself that the massive crush she had on her brothers best friend vanished, finds herself in a love crises after she's reunited...