Pretend (Harry Styles) - Book...

By Posh777

-Sequel to Almost Lover and All of Me- Harry & Ava Engaged Expecting In Love Three things holding them togeth... More

Pretend
Chapter 1: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 2: Plans
Chapter 3: "Everything's good."
Chapter 4: Two Weeks
Chapter 5: A Last Minute Change of Plans
Chapter 6: Teasing and Toasting
Chapter 7: Foolproof
Chapter 8: Fainting Spells Before Wedding Bells
Chapter 9: "I do."
Chapter 10: Speeches and Surprises
Chapter 11: "Only us."
Chapter 12: Rules
Chapter 13: Star Gazing
Chapter 14: 100%
Chapter 15: "Just nonsense."
Chapter 16: "Just tell her."
Chapter 17: Another Lie
Chapter 18: "What did you do?"
Chapter 19: Apologies and Regrets
Chapter 20: Broken Promises
Chapter 21: Overwhelmed
Chapter 22: "I'm so hurt."
Chapter 23: Boy or Girl?
Chapter 24: A Surprise
Chapter 25: A Proper Boxing Match
Chapter 27: "We're good."
Chapter 28: Confused
Chapter 29: So Many Lies
Chapter 30: Day Made
Chapter 31: Slow
Chapter 32: Safe.. Happy.. Okay..
Chapter 33: "Are they real?"
Chapter 34: "I'm sorry."
Chapter 35: "My wife."
Chapter 36: "Things will be different..."
Chapter 37: "You're something else."
Chapter 38: "For..ever."
Chapter 39: "Is it always like this?"
Chapter 40: An Accident
Chapter 41: "I know."
Chapter 42: "You alright?"
Chapter 43: The Best Thing
Chapter 44: Breaking Point
Chapter 45: Seeing Red
Chapter 46: A Life Changing Diagnosis
Chapter 47: "It will be worth it."
Chapter 48: Fresh Air
Author's Note
Chapter 49: "Something?"
Chapter 50: "She needs you right now."
Chapter 51: A Complete Mess
Chapter 52: Focus
Chapter 53: It Worked
Chapter 54: "Come to me."
Chapter 55: "One picture."
Chapter 56: Seven Words
Chapter 57: Anger
Chapter 58: A Phone Call
Chapter 59: Good?
Chapter 60: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 61: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 62: Reasons
Chapter 63: "I always need you."
Chapter 64: A Slap Across the Face
Chapter 65: The Real Plan
Chapter 66: Conflicted
Chapter 67: "Always."
Chapter 68: Perfect
Chapter 69: Just Us
Chapter 70: The Truth
Chapter 71: Moments
Chapter 72: Completely Content & Perfectly Happy
Authors Note

Chapter 26: "It's a...."

14.1K 565 224
By Posh777

18 Weeks Along

-Ava's POV-

"What do you want it to be? Boy or girl?"

"Shhh." Harry's eyes widen a bit as they glance down at my stomach, "Can't be choosing sides love. It can hear us.."

"No, it can't." I chuckle, "Not yet."

"Soon?"

"Soon." I nod.

His hand finds mine, fumbling with my fingers as he stands next to me. To excited to sit, practically bouncing off the walls ever since we entered the doctor's office.

I can't help but smile at his cuteness, his thumb rubbing over the back of my hand. Soothingly across my knuckles. Grinning at me, his green eyes lit up in happiness.

God, I've missed him.

"I'm not going to be able to hide my bump much longer." I say quietly, not wanting but knowing this conversation has to happen. This one along with several others.

"Yeah." Harry furrows his eyebrows as he looks me over.

"I've been staying in mostly, figured the less I'm seen the better and...."

"Don't want you feeling like you have to hide." He cuts me off, "Am done with pretending.. lying about everything."

I look down at my feet, avoiding his gaze. I'm still so hurt over what he did.

"Av..." He moves to stand in front of me, gripping my chin gently so I'll look at him. "They know.. I told them."

"What?" My mouth drops open in shock.

"I did, swear it." Harry looks in my eyes, pleading me to believe him, "Last week. Set down with Kevin. Told them about the wedding... the baby. Broke my contract."

"Harry I..."

He shakes his head, knowing exactly what thoughts are running through my mind. "Am not lying. Promise you I'm not."

"You shouldn't have done that.. Harry, I won't have me affecting your career. Not again."

"Already done." He places his hands on my cheeks, his thumb catching the tear running down my face. "Don't cry love.. this is good for us. So good for us."

"But you... and the guys..."

"The lads support my decision. It's not effecting them, not how I was told it would."

I sigh a bit in relief. I was so worried ever since Zayn called and explained everything to me. He said Harry didn't ask him to, that he felt it was only right for me to know everything. I know Harry wanted to tell me himself, but I couldn't hear it from him. Not when everything was still so fresh. Not when I was still falling apart.

"So how is it effecting you?" I question.

"Being sued for quite a bit.. a lot actually."

"Harry..." I grip onto his wrists, holding them softly. I feel horrible.

"Don't." He shakes his head, "If I wasn't such a wanker I would of done it right from the start. It's done. No going back. No wanting to go back. Everything will be alright. Guarantee they won't be kicking me out."

He smirks at me, trying to lighten the mood with his cockiness. "Besides, think you've plenty of money to take care of me in my old age... in your older age."

I narrow my eyes at him while he chuckles. "This isn't funny."

"No, but it's what I want." He sighs, his eyes glancing between my eyes and my lips. "Is... Is it what you want?"

"I..." I open my mouth to respond but am cut off by the door opening abruptly, the doctor walking in with a smile on his face.

"Mr. and Mrs. Styles... lovely to meet you both."

Harry steps away from me, but not before I see the dimpled smile on his face. I should of known the effect it would have on him. He knows the doctor is only addressing us as such because that's the names I made the appointment under.

Such a small thing but you can tell it means so much.

Harry greets the doctor, shaking his hand eagerly. The doctor almost looks concerned as Harry nearly bounces off the walls. Looking like someone who just drank about five red bulls. I didn't think he could get more excited then he already was. I was wrong.

"So we're here to find out the sex, is that right?" The doctor asks as he turns the machine on.

"Yes."

"Alright well, let's see if your little one will cooperate for us today." He smiles as he pulls on some plastic gloves, grabbing the small tub of cold gel I've quickly come to hate. Why they can't warm it up is beyond me.

I lay back on the table, pulling my shirt up over my stomach so the freezing goo can be spread across it. I flinch as soon as it touches my skin, Harry's hand immediately tensing in mine.

"Just cold." I assure him when I see the look of concern on his face.

Soon enough the small wand is being pushed around on my belly, the screen next to us displaying unrecognizable shapes.

I glance at Harry, watching him as he tries to see his baby for the first time. Biting his bottom lip in concentration, seeming to be almost angry at himself for not instantly being able to see it.

The doctor moves the wand down a bit, a good angle popping up on the screen.

The doctor brings his free hand up to the screen, pointing out all of the different body parts, "There's the head, the body..."

"Jesus.." Harry cuts him off, his eyes wide. "That his willy?"

I bust out laughing, my hand covering my mouth as the doctor chuckles, "That would be a leg Mr. Styles."

"Right..." Harry coughs, clearly embarrassed as his cheeks redden. "Course it is. Right."

"And by the look of things.." The doctor goes on, his eyes staying trained on the screen as he moves the wand across my stomach slightly, "You two will be having a very healthy little girl."

"A girl?" I gasp slightly, squeezing Harry's hand.

"A girl." The doctor nods. "Congratulations. I'll make sure a picture is waiting for you up front."

I nod as the doctor exits the room, my eyes still locked on the small screen. On the image of our baby girl.

"A girl." I whisper, my eyes tearing up in happiness. "Harry..."

I'm startled as my cheek is suddenly cupped in his hand, turning my face towards his as he captures my lips in a kiss. So many emotions pass between us as his soft lips move against mine.

I don't hesitate in grasping the back of his neck, pulling him closer.

I can feel his smile as he pecks my lips over and over again. Stopping only when he starts chuckling, looking in my eyes. "Wanted a girl. Can say it now yeah?"

I laugh as he presses a kiss to the corner of my mouth before wrapping his arms around me. "I love you, so much Av."

"I love you too."

His dimples pop at my words, "Seems real now.. Not that it didn't before. Can just... picture it now, ya know? Singing her to sleep, buying her first little doll... Need a shotgun. That's what they use right? To scare the lads off..."

I roll my eyes as I wipe the goo off my belly and pull my shirt back down. I won't even respond to the idea of Harry with a loaded gun. Laughable doesn't even begin to describe it.

"I've shot one before you know... a gun." He offers me his hand to help me get up as he defends himself.

"I was there you know... you shrieked when it went off."

He pouts, "Was more of a grunt I reckon."

"Was it?" I raise an eyebrow at him as he winks at me.

"Mmmhmm." He nods, chuckling as he presses a kiss to my forehead. "Is it what you wanted? A girl?"

I nod, a huge smile spreading across my face as I look up at him. Hoping our little girl inherits his grin.. his dimples... his bright green eyes.

Knowing it doesn't really matter.

Cause either way she'll be made up of both of us. And she'll be perfect.

_______________________________________

Please vote!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 1.3K 41
Simple, but effective. Effective to make me blush. You would think I’d get used to this by now, but no, I haven’t and I think I would never be. I lo...
17.8M 133K 189
A collection of preferences from Tumblr. Simple. Good. **some may contain sexual references which I will notify at the start of the preference*** n...
263K 3.2K 32
**CURRENTLY EDITING** Pregnancy Series for the four boys!! Enjoy:)
15.3K 122 18
"I love you Gabrielle." He said as kisses trailed down to my neck. "I love you, forever and always." I whispered. It took one night. It took one test...