The Beautiful Us

By miszD21

How to not fall in love with your best friend? Step 1 : Don't tell him all your troubles Step 2: Don't think... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Part title
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Part title
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 5

126 8 0
By miszD21

Kai looked at the faces around him one by one, confident he made a convincing and impactful presentation. He smile briefly at his assistant who's giving him a thumbs up from near the meeting room entrance. His father watched him with pride evident in his eyes before speaking as the Chairman to ask the board members if they have any questions and when none of the board members have any, he proceeded to ask the board members to vote in favour or against the proposal. Kai was relieved and elated at the same time when he saw the number of hands that rises in favour of his proposal.

He received the congratulations from the board members with humble smile and thanked them for their guidance before going back to his office to inform his team on their success.

Kai walked into his floor without a smile to make a surprise for his team when he heard loud cheers. A wide smile broke on his face, guessing they have heard the news.
"Congratulations and thank you, all of you" he spoke when the cheers ended.
"We have a tougher job ahead of us as we will be in charge of this project. So fighting you all" he said with a smile earning another cheer from his team.
"Boss, team dinner tonight?" His assistant ask with a cheeky smile. He looked at the hopeful faces around him and chuckles.
"Let's celebrate then. It's on me."
The team thank him and cheer loudly. Laughing he went to his room and took a seat, his assistant standing in front of him waiting for his orders. He glanced at his wristwatch noting the time before speaking.

"Book a table for dinner at 7 p.m for us at the usual place and reserve the VIP room at Marcella's as well." His assistant nod and smile at him writing down his instruction on the memo pad she's holding.
"And Miss Park, please inform our staff members they can go home early today. I'll see you all at the restaurant later."
"I will sir and thank you"
Smiling his assistant Park Chorong went out of his room and conveyed his instructions to the other staffs from their department.

Kai was happy seeing his staff members talking and enjoying their dinner. Glad that the team accepted him to lead the marketing and planning team last year. Some of the managers are way older and more experienced than him and he learned from them with open heart.

"Boss, where are we going next?" the receptionist of their floor Choi Aera ask giddily.
"I asked Miss Park to book a room at Marcella's. Enjoy your night guys and I'll I see you all on Monday" there were protests around him insisting for him to join them. Smiling he nodded and walked out of the restaurant with them.

He drove to Naeun's club with Park Chorong, Choi Aera and one of the head clerk Yook Sungjae following in his car. While the rest of the team rode in the other two senior managers car.

"Wow, I've never been to Marcella's VIP room before" Choi Aera spoke excitedly. Some of the staff members nodded and agree with her. Smiling Kai told them to order any drinks they like and have fun.
He didn't feel like staying honestly but for the sake of his team he'll stay for awhile he guess.

The eldest are drinking and singing merrily, while the youngest mostly have went down to the dance floor when Son Naeun walks in to the room.

Park Chorong who have met Son Naeun on previous occasion stood up and bowed politely to the younger woman. Son Naeun bowed back and said hi to the room occupants.
"If there is anything you need please don't hesitate to call the waiting staff outside. I hope all of you have an enjoyable night" she smile graciously avoiding Kai's gaze.
"Thank you" Park Chorong spoke on behalf of the team.

The door opened as Choi Aera and Yook Sungjae walks in laughing happily. They stop to stare at Son Naeun before looking at the team for guidance.
"Miss Son Naeun the owner of Marcella's. Nangni meet maknaes of our team Choi Aera and Yook Sungjae" Kai introduced them when everybody seems reluctant to speak. Naeun bowed at the youngsters politely and wishes them to have enjoyable night.

Naeun was about to excuse herself when Choi Aera complimented her beauty.
"You're young and pretty. So nice to know the best club in town was actually owned by a woman" there's admirations in Choi Aera's voice as she continues to stare at Son Naeun. Naeun smile and gave a few humble no before excusing herself and bowed again to everyone in the room.
"Nangni, wait for me" Kai said following behind her.

"Is she our boss's girlfriend?" Yook Sungjae ask to no one in particular and get a reproving glance from Park Chorong.
"No, she's his childhood friend. Her parents used to own quite a large share in our company before retiring. They still retain a small share in the company, but aren't actively involved." One of the senior manager who worked the longest in the company explains to them. Nodding they moved on to different topics and continued drinking.

"How are you?" Kai asked as soon as they were seated at the plush sofa inside her office. He look around him watching the chic decor and some of Naeun's personal artwork on display on the wall.
"Good. So the presentation went well?"
He nodded and stare at her. She let her long black hair fall on her back, the soft curls bouncing when she move her head. The light makeup she have on her face making her look younger but the black sleeveless dress she have on show a very mature sophisticated businesswoman.
"Something on my face?" She ask when his eyes didn't move from her face.
"Nothing and yes my proposal was accepted. I'm tired."

She chuckles and massages his shoulder, he turned on his seat giving her full access to his back. She laugh loudly and move her hands on his shoulders and back. "Go home and rest if you're tired"

"You didn't drink right?" He asked enjoying the feel of her hands on his back. They always have been comfortable with hugging and touching each other and tonight is no different.
"No I didn't. Why?"
"Drive me home"
She smacked his shoulder before answering.
"I have a club to run Jonginie. Call your driver"
"Come on Nangni, have pity on me. Beside you have your managers and staff to help you with the club." He whines making her smile.

Naeun glanced at her wristwatch and sigh. Standing up she pulls his hand to help him get on his feet.
"I'll send you home then." Letting his hand go Naeun move behind her desk to get her handbag and cellphone.

Kai waited for her in front of the door and placed his arm around her shoulders as they walk outside together. He stopped in front of the VIP room and walk inside with his arms still resting on Naeun's shoulders comfortably. Kai smile seeing his team singing and dancing obviously enjoying themselves. Some appears to be drunk now. Park Chorong got to his side quickly upon seeing him on the doorway.

"I'll leave first.Make sure to ask everyone to take taxis and not to drive. And have fun Rong noona" he smile warmly to Park Chorong before turning to leave with Naeun.

Naeun walked comfortably next to him, her hand on his waist. Envious gazes followed them as they walk on the side of the dance floor. They look good together. Naeun halted when she spotted her assistant manager.

"Minho, I'll be back before the closing time. Please take care and ask Mr Choi to inform me if there's anything urgent."
She spoke closely in order for Minho to hear her over the loud music.

Kai wasn't so sure what got into him, but he was annoyed seeing her standing so close to the guy.
His hand tightened on her shoulders signalling her with his eyes that they have to leave. Naeun thanked her staff and walk with him towards the entrance.

Once they were outside Naeun distanced herself from Kai and stare at him hard.
"What was that?"
"What was what?" He answered nonchalantly.
"I was talking to my staff and you were acting weirdly."
"When was I?" he asked her purposefully being oblivious. Naeun humph and walk to the direction of her car obviously annoyed with him. Moving his long legs, Kai chuckles when he reached her side.

Placing both hands on her shoulders, Kai bend down slightly his face so close to hers.
"Annoyed?" He ask with a smile.
"No. Let's just go. I need to comeback here after sending you off."

He shrugged and stood up straight. Naeun moved to get on the driver's side when she heard a loud curse from Kai. Turning around she was surprised to see Taemin holding Kai's shirt by the collar. She dashed to both man's side and tried to pull Taemin's hand off Kai.

"Taemin Oppa please. What are you doing?!" She shouted. She saw Kai smirk and she's scared of what will happen next.
"So this is that Taemin bastard." Naeun backed off a little by the angry tone she heard from Kai.

Pushing Taemin off him, Kai throws a punch that landed solidly on Taemin's face. Getting on top of Taemin, Kai punches Taemin a few more times before Naeun managed to pull him.

"Jongin! Stop please,you're going to kill him." Naeun begged holding onto Kai's arm.

Coming back to his senses, Kai breath deeply and stare at Taemin who is back on his feet. Kai smirked watching Taemin's bloodied lips and prepare himself as Taemin take angry steps towards him.

"Stop Oppa. Or I will call the police."
Taemin stopped on his tracks and gave her a disgusted stare. She flinched a bit and felt Kai trying to make a move.
"Jongin you stop too" she spoke with firm voice and he reluctantly obeyed.

"I thought the Kim Jongin was your best friend. More like fuck buddy from the way you act when you're with him" Taemin spoke angrily.
Kai spits out some expletives and curse words and was about to move towards Taemin when Naeun stood in between both men facing Kai.

She placed her hands on his chest and spoke softly.
"Jongin calm down and let me speak to him."
She turned to face Taemin with a bitter smile.
"We ended our relationship months ago, you have no right to come here calling me and my friend names."
Taemin laughed and stare at her, his eyes full of hatred. "You were sleeping with him even before we broke up right? That's why you're so cold when you were with me. Bitch" he ended his words with a spit showing his disgusts.

Naeun raised her arms stopping Kai from making a move and spoke softly.
"Think whatever you like if that's what make you sleep at night." She smirks and pulled Kai towards her car leaving Taemin to stare at them. Kai protested but she shut him up with a trembling voice. "Please Jonginie."

Still fuming mad he closes the car's door with a loud bang showing his displeasure. Ignoring him, she started the car and drove away thinking how lucky they are that she parked at her private spot behind the club. She couldn't imagine the embarrassment if anyone saw what occurred earlier.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 707 26
Baekhyun and Chanyeol were high school sweethearts until their forceful departure resulted in a grudge. Years later, Chanyeol is a rising legend whil...
3.3K 323 72
Two souls meet for a reason. They have different backgrounds. One from the common people and one from the royal family. They have been through a lot...
26.5K 660 8
inspired from ChanYeol's appearance in "Dating Alone", this story will talk about the pros and cons of dating Chanyeol. You have recently moved back...
133K 6.1K 64
When six years old Moon Hani stumbles upon a weird shaped card that is different from any types of game cards, she doesn't pay it any of her attentio...