The Beautiful Us

By miszD21

How to not fall in love with your best friend? Step 1 : Don't tell him all your troubles Step 2: Don't think... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Part title
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Part title
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 1

313 9 0
By miszD21

He stood on the second floor railing watching the club goers on the dance floor dancing to the loud music blaring from the speakers surrounding the club. The dim lighting made it hard to make of the faces, but the occasional moving lasers and strobe made the ladies dresses shines bright in various colours and cuts making the men's choice of clothing pale in comparison.

The club is one of the biggest, most popular and exclusive hangout place for the young and rich. The three storey building could accommodate up to couple of hundreds from the ground floor to the second meanwhile the third floor is where the two VIP rooms and the owner's office are situated at.

Abandoning his post, he walked leisurely towards the staircases that will take him to the third floor, occasionally bumping into drunk patrons and few ladies who tried to get his attention. Ignoring the suggestive invitation with a smirk he continues walking.

He walked into one of the VIP room to be greeted by loud cheers from his friends. Four good looking men focused on his face and he gave them a small smile.

"I thought you won't come tonight" the tallest man in the group spoke as soon as he took a seat with his back to the door.
"It's our Hunnie birthday, of course I'll come. But why here of all places. Jeez we came here for everybody's birthdays as if there is no other place in town" he sounded bored and accept the glass containing the hard liquor from the said birthday boy.

"Well this is after all the best nightclub in town. This club doesn't condone drug dealings and prostitution here. And probably the only nightclub our parents approved of" the eldest of the group spoke in his usual calm way.

"I need to get laid, and it's hard finding a girl out here" he heard the door opened but continues with his sentence not caring about the person who just walked in.
"The owner should at least provide escorts or something for VIPs"

"Sorry to disappoint you. This owner prefer to have clean slate on her name and place of business" The gorgeous newcomer walks slowly and took a seat next to him smiling to the rest of the room occupants.

Turning towards him, she smirk and spoke in a condescending way that make him feel like strangling her.
"If you go out there on the dance floor, buy some pretty girls a drink and whispers sweet nothing, pretty sure one or two would part their legs happily for you. But alas, you're scared of the morning after"

The group laugh loudly unbothered by the murderous look that he thrown at them.
"Kai, just accept it. You'll never win against Naeun. She knows you like the back of her hand. Probably better." Byun Baekhyun declares.

Kai stare at each of his friends faces and think of how their friendship lasted for so long when they barely have anything in common except for being rich and heirs.

Suho the eldest of the group is heir to of one of the biggest accounting firms in Seoul. He doubled the company's revenues last year after taking over from his old man.

Park Chanyeol is the heir of a famous food chain restaurants, no signs of him taking over that side of the family business. He owned a building where he opened a musical instrument store on the ground floor and a music studio on the second floor. Tallest and one of the handsomest of the group, super talented too.

Next to him is Byun Baekhyun heir of few affluent shopping malls but preferred leaving his older brother to handle the family business while he runs his own fashion brands.

The Maknae of the group Oh Sehun, shy and quiet but can be ruthless when it comes to business. He and his brother have taken over the Hotel chains their father left them early this year. It's Sehun's 27th birthday they're celebrating tonight.

Last but not least, he stare at the beautiful goddess who is also the owner of this club, Son Naeun. Her parents used to be his father's business partners before selling majority of their shares when their two daughters didn't show any interest in the airline business. Naeun have been running this nightclub for well over a year now, many were sceptical when she voiced out her plans and he was one of them but she proved it to them by being now one of the most popular for nightclub goers.

"Nangni, I heard rumours of you opening another branch. Is it true?" He asked her putting down his now empty glass.
"Some people approached me with a proposal for opening a branch, I'm still undecided. I read the proposal and studied the area. It sounds good on papers but I hate having shareholders." She chuckles and look at him. He nodded knowing how Naeun hates having to explain anything to anyone, she probably wouldn't be good with partners.

"I've read the business plans too, it's lucrative for you Naeun-ah. Why don't you just open the branch yourself? If you're short on funds, I could be a sleeping partner" Suho offered.

Naeun laugh before crossing her legs, giving Suho her business like stare.
"Oppa, you handle all my business and personal accounts. Do you think I could, in any way be short on funds?"
The group smile looking at the confidence she possesed.
"You're one hell of a businesswoman. If ever I need someone on board as partner for business ventures, I would probably call you first before any of these guys." Chanyeol said raising his glass in salutation towards Naeun. The rest of the men followed, raising their glasses in agreement.

Shaking her head she stood up and called one of the waiting staff outside of the door, giving him few orders and goes back in to stand behind Kai. Holding his shoulders, she bend down to whisper on his left ear.
"The food and cake is coming, I have to go out for a while and meet some VIPs on the next room"
She stood up straight and spoke loudly for the other men.
"Enjoy your night boys. Go to the dance floor if you need female companions. Hope to see some females around when I'm back. And that goes to you too Kim Kai. Gather some courage will you." She gave his shoulders a massage before walking out of the door.

"If my mother didn't love her as much as she loves me, I probably would have strangled her to death long before our twelfth birthday" Kai spoke in annoyance making his friends to laugh at him.

"Well, she is right. You need to forget the past and move on. You have been single for quite sometime now" Baekhyun voiced out.

"Enough about me. We should focus on our baby Sehunnie. It's his birthday" as soon as he said the words, the door opened. Two waiters came in, one bearing their foods and the other holding a cake with candles lit.

Placing the cake carefully in front of Sehun, the waiters sang happy birthday song with them and left after Sehun blowed the candles.
"Naeun is amazing." Said Sehun admiring the cake.

They continued with eating and drinking when Baekhyun and Chanyeol excuse themselves to go to the dance floor below. Kai sat staring at his glass before moving his gaze to Sehun who is arguing with Suho over something. His mind wander to Sehun's birthday last year when he got dumped by Krystal, the person he believed to be the love of his life. Apparently she was not.

He joined in the heated arguments between his two friends inserting his opinion.
"I think Suho Hyung have a valid argument Sehun-ah. It's beneficial for you to have someone who knows the working of the hotel you're acquiring on board."
"But Kai, she wants to keep majority of the shares. Which means our company doesn't have that much of a power over what is decided. She needs funds from us, hence I offered to let her keep 40% and let my company be major shareholders"
Sehun sounds frustrated over the hotel lines he tried to acquire.
"Which Company are we talking about anyway?"
"The other Oh" Suho said chuckling.
Nodding his head in understanding, Kai stare at Sehun with a smile. Sehun's family Oh hotel lines are well known in Seoul and the big cities like Busan and Gwangju, the other Oh is famous in the provinces, both aren't related except for the last name of the owners and being a big name for hoteliers. If Sehun managed to bring both companies together it will be  merger of the century.

"You can try and court the heiress and be done with it you know. You would be able to acquire her company thru marriage" Suho said jokingly.
"Are you mad Hyung. That girl is so crazy and adventurous. She made a rash decisions on the expansion of one of their Jeju hotel which caused them a major setback in funds" Sehun exclaimed.

"That expansion is what made it possible for you to try a hand in acquiring shares in the company. And from what I read and heard once that expansion is done, the shares will probably triple if not quadruple. She just made a slight error in the budgets if you asked me. The visions she had is nothing short of amazing" Kai add in.

Shaking his head, Sehun gulped down his drink and got up on his feet. Excusing himself he went out in search of Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Lifting his shoulders, Kai poured himself another drink and not interested in joining his friends.
Suho stood up and excuse himself to make phone calls.

Left alone Kai had nothing to do but drink continuously and stopped only to look around the room. He came here so many times, that he was sure he can navigate the room even with his eyes closed. He heard the door opened from the outside. Thinking it to be one of his friends, he didn't bother to turn around until he heard soft sniffles.

Turning his head around, he was surprised to see Naeun standing with her back on the door, silently crying. Standing up he approach her worriedly.

"Nangni, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"Nothing" she looked up to prevent more tears from falling and walk pass him to take a handful of tissues on the table to wipe her eyes with. He noticed her hand trembling.

"Nangni, tell me what happened now!" He's angry seeing her cry and couldn't control his voice. She took his glass from the table and filled it with liquors, lifting it to her lips she finished the contents at once. She coughed as the liquor burnt her throat.

"Son Naeun what the hell are you doing?! I'm waiting for an answer here"
"Calm down Jonginie. I'm fine"
"Fine? You just consumed a glass full of alcohol. You don't drink those stuff Nangni"

Holding her hands, he sat her down on the sofa. Looking straight into her eyes before questioning her again.
"Now who made you upset and cry like that?"
"Jongin, am I lacking so much as a girl?"
He pulled his hair in vexation. How is he supposed to answer that, he never thought of her as a girl. To him she is just Son Naeun. His best friend that he knew since they were both in their mother's womb.

Writer's Note: please give this romance fanfic a lot of love ❤️❤️  totally different from my first work because I wanted to challenge myself🙈
Happy birthday to our maknae baby Sehunnie 💃🏻💃🏻

The characters in this Chapter are as following

Kim Jongin /Kim Kai
Kim Junmyeon/ Suho
Byun Baekhyun
Park Chanyeol
Oh Sehun
Son Naeun / Nangni

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 574 36
/|| highest rank : #1 in exofic in exootp COMPLETED ⚠WARNING ⚠: BoyxBoy Part 1 Two stran...
16.2K 707 26
Baekhyun and Chanyeol were high school sweethearts until their forceful departure resulted in a grudge. Years later, Chanyeol is a rising legend whil...
34.5K 2.2K 39
What if you live in an orphanage like Chorong, Hayoung and Eunji? What if you are rich and go to the best school in Seoul? What if Destiny...
10.7K 722 46
What happens when two idols fell for each other? Career or Love? If you really love me, you will let me go ~ Oh Hayoung We will overcome all this...