Unforeseen || Marichat (Unedi...

By LoveforMarichat

Marinette and Chat Noir - no one really thought they would end up together, not even them themselves. Hell, L... More

Chapter 1: Midnight snack
Chapter 2: Harrion
Chapter 3: Unknown Intentions
Chapter 4: A Piece Of Advice
Chapter 5: A Late Night Walk
Chapter 6: Moments Of Happiness
Chapter 7: Cat-ching feelings
Chapter 8: Lila's attempt
Chapter 9: Missing Adrien
Chapter 10: Meet, Plagg
Chapter 11: Boba date
Chapter 12: Mysterious feeling
Chapter 13: Seemingly insurmountable
Chapter 14: Wave of emotions
Chapter 15: Reciprocated
Chapter 16: Serendipity
Chapter 17: Starry Sky
Chapter 18: Game night
Chapter 19: Fortuity
Chapter 20: First time
Chapter 21: Iffy
Chapter 22: Wounded
Chapter 23: Conflict & Confessions
Chapter 24: Future melancholy
Chapter 26: Insinuation
Chapter 27: Disarray
Chapter 28: Quandary
Chapter 29: Irresolute Verdict
Chapter 30: Obstacles as Opportunities
Chapter 31: Golden Rule
Chapter 32: Minatory
Chapter 33: Perilous
Chapter 34: Divulge
Chapter 35: Negation
Chapter 36: Alleviate
Chapter 37: Sedulous
Chapter 38: Revelation
Chapter 39: Cloud Nine
Chapter 40: Dear Diary

Chapter 25: Unfathomable Agony

2.3K 82 574
By LoveforMarichat

Adrien Pov

My heart raced in excitement as I went up the stairs to my room. 

I just finished dinner, alone. Not even Nathalie was there to accompany me. For some reason, everyone in the mansion was preoccupied and busy — especially my father. 

He was stuck in his office all day, Nathalie came in to bring him food from time to time. It raised my curiosity, but I didn't have time to play detective. 

I missed my girlfriend too much, I haven't seen her in weeks due to model duties and all, which is why I was so enthusiastic. 

I impatiently threw my bag to the side. Sitting down on my swivel chair, I took the Chinese dictionary, carelessly flipping through the pages. "Kid...there's something I need to tell you," Plagg interrupted. 

"Not now," I continued to skim. "Your teacher is reviewing you tomorrow. Doing it in a hurry is pointless," he sternly told me. I didn't understand Plagg, yesterday he was in such a good mood. 

My kwami was a clown, always making jokes, being a sucker for camembert, and being discreetly head over heels for Tikki. Now suddenly his happiness was nonexistent, and Plagg's face said it all.  

I wonder what bothered him so much.

"Okay, done. Plagg, cla—" the black creature interrupted me. "Listen, maybe you shouldn't go to her," Plagg stated in an emotionless tone. "What? You must be kidding," I snorted, what has gotten into him?

"But I'm not, don't transform unless you want to...never mind," Plagg floated beside me. I had no idea what to think. He was acting so weirdly. I was puzzled, at the same time not wanting to care.

"You know what, I know this won't be easy. But I have to tell you—" I didn't want to deal with whatever nonsense he was going to say next. "Maybe tell me later, when I come back home," I said, fluffing up my hair. 

I heard the kwami sigh in exasperation. How could he be annoyed? What thing could be so important that it could entirely change his mood? I didn't get it at all.

I uttered the transformation words against Plagg's will. A flash of green permeated the room, the tight suit wrapped around my body. I took my baton, not being able to wait to see Marinette. 

Not more than a minute passed; I saw the vague silhouette of a girl leaning onto the railing of a not-so spacious balcony. I stared for a while, before landing beside her, and wanting to surprise the blunette.

I locked Marinette into a tight hug, feeling the absence of her arms. My chuckle was soon swallowed by immense silence. My left eyebrow was raised once I let go. I saw Marinette with a blank face and without the wide smile I hoped to see. 

"What are you doing here?" 

Third Person

The hero didn't know how to reply. He pulled his bottom lip in disbelief. He refused to accept this was Marinette he was talking to. "What do you mean? Is that the hello I get?" 

"I didn't ask you to come here," she stated, emotionless. Bemused, the male took a deep breath and bit his claws. "Is this a prank? Because it isn't funny. We haven't seen each other for three weeks. I came because I missed you—"

"Well, I don't. Maybe you should leave," Marinette halted his sentence, sniffling, and pushing his chest away. "What?" Chat furrowed his eyebrows, shock and hurt crossing his face. "Are you okay...?" the boy asked, noticing her nose as red as anthurium.

Her eyes looked sore; she looked like she'd been crying for so long and was only holding it in. "We should talk," Chat Noir said with a flinty stare. "Where is this attitude coming from? You're crying? Why—"

"We need to break up."

At that moment tears squeezed out his green eyes as those words sank into him slowly. The poor boy couldn't seem to comprehend her decision. He chose not to. Was she serious? All they went through, all those months spent together, briskly fading away caused by those three single words. Those plans of having a future and being content together forever, disappearing entirely. 

"You- what?" he croaked, his voice cracking and breaking down. Her words destroyed him. Chat Noir didn't enjoy letting go, especially after his mother's 'death'. This infuriated him. He looked like he could punch a hole on a wall right there and then. She felt the same, but what could they do?

Was he really to remain desolate for the rest of his life? This model didn't want any other girl other than the one intending to break up with him. No one could replace the Marinette-shaped hole in his heart.

Despite the knowledge that heroes and civilians are not supposed to develop any feelings whatsoever, Marinette and Chat Noir did. Was it wrong? Why couldn't they? Why did these bizarre rules dare to exist? Why did they even fall in love? 

That day under the dazzling stars, she didn't think twice as to dating a hero. Then again, true love isn't a choice. You could find love any minute and it's usually when you least expect it. 

From this point onwards, was he even going to move on? She seemed sure of herself. On the inside, her thoughts were all messy and disorganized. Marinette although managed to look confident of her decision, she wasn't. 

Talking about the things they wanted to do when Ladybug and Chat Noir eventually defeated hawkmoth felt like it was yesterday.

They were going to reveal themselves, get married, have wonderful children, a cute hamster, work together, have a business together, and finally achieve their dreams.

Side by side.

Oh well, gone are the days of cuddling, affection, and comfort. Now, their relationship was put to an end. Maybe it was for the best? A relationship was only to cause misunderstandings, disagreements, and damage — as it did now. 

People tend to say absence makes the heart grow fonder. So was it odd that this particular thought of an absence tore him to shreds? 

"You're not kidding, are you?" warm tears began rolling down his mask to his chin. "Why would you do this...?" the slender blonde's expression broke, biting his lip till it almost bled. "It's for our own good Chat. T-this is dangerous. Imagine if someone found out about this—"

"That's the only reason?! Marinette we can keep it a secret—" she cut him off. "NO, WE CAN'T!! We'll just end up having a hard time and stressing about it," she impeded him from continuing again. 

"And how do you know that? You're really ending our love because of that?! HOW CAN YOU BE SO SELFISH?!" Chat shouted with a stabbed heart. "ME? SELFISH? THIS IS FOR BOTH OF US!! YOU'RE SO DAMN INCONSIDERATE! Do you have any idea what will happen if we continue this?"

"Inconsiderate?! INCONSIDERATE?! OH RIGHT! AFTER THREE WEEKS, WHO GREETED ME RUDELY, HURT MY FEELINGS, AND BROKE UP WITH ME OUT OF NOWHERE? YEAH! YOU!" his blood boiled, the tears continuing to fall endlessly.

"OH SHUT UP! IT'S NOT LIKE I WANT THIS! MY FEELINGS ARE JUST AS HURT AS YOURS!" Marinette spat pugnaciously whilst sobbing and sniffing uncontrollably. He collected himself, trying to be calm. "If you were just gonna break up with me why be with me in the first place?!" he yelled. "I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO—" 

"THEN WHY DID YOU?!"

Marinette flinched at his words, nearly trembling. "Listen, I never expected nor planned this. I-if we'll continue to be in a relationship it'll lead to blackmail. Y-you have to understand, minou," Marinette stammered. 

"Don't call me that, it's irritating," he snapped, retorting fiercely. "You know what? Why does it even matter? You sounded so eager to end this earlier. So what's the point of convincing you to do otherwise. No forcing right? So be it," Chat spoke speedily, failing to sound unsure.

Marinette remained silent, hanging her head down, and fiddling with her thumbs. The two were uncomfortably blanketed by a silence that lasted longer than expected. Chat Noir's face fell, eyeing the female before his eyes. He wiped her tears and tucked the loose strand of hair at the back of her ear. 

"Don't cry. It's okay. We're just not meant for each other. You're right," he let out a breath he held for a while. The blunette peered at him, shaking her head. "No, forget what I said. We can always get back together when you and Ladybug defeat hawkmoth," Marinette put both of her hands on his shoulders.

"No."

"Huh?" her lips wobbled. Why was she sad? Was her happiness truly limited to Chat Noir? Her bliss wasn't contingent on him, right? Maybe, maybe not. But did it make sense that he himself was her happiness?

"We should meet other people and separate for good. This isn't gonna work out," saying that made torment plunge her chest like a sharp-edged dagger. The hero walked near the railing, getting ready to leave. "Can't you just reveal yourself to me in the future? Then we ca—" 

"I said no. We're better off meeting other people, I thought you heard me the first time?" he huffed, turning back to her. Marinette gave in, nodding, and preventing herself from frowning and crying any further. "Okay."

"Let's break up," Chat reiterated, eyes somehow flashing heat waves. "Forget about me, okay?" the blonde sighed, observing her beautiful features for the last time, and noticing the distressed glint in her bluebell eyes.

Chat leisurely cupped her delicate cheeks, caressing them with his gloved fingertips that were as soft as cotton, then ever so gently kissing her plump lips — wet of her own tears of misery. 

He was her first, and last.

Sometimes in life, things don't turn out the way we want to. It's not some fairytale. Maybe this relationship they shared should remain a happy memory. Let this be the last time they ever met, if not, it'll be nothing but grief.

"I love you," Chat looked back at the girl whose hair was as messy as her face. He stared at Marinette one last time and he gave her a broken smile. The night air circling around them grew heavier once he finally leaped off the railing, and disappeared completely. The young baker secretly hoped he would suddenly return, but he didn't. All that was left was silence and morose darkness. 

She couldn't take it anymore, she didn't have the strength to hold it to any extent further. Marinette cried her eyes out, sobbing. Heartbroken tears streamed down her red and swollen eyes. 

All Marinette could feel at the instant was regret, sorrow, and never-ending pain. She wished that this was all a foul dream — a nightmare she would wake up from. "I-I love you too..." she managed to say.

Her confession was left unanswered; a piece of her heart and soul, missing. She muttered two words under her breath. Her voice, softer, and quieter than a whisper. She pleaded:

"Come back..."

Consequently, Marinette's breath hitched inside her throat, vision getting blurrier by the second. The female's stomach felt as if it was tied up in knots. Her audible, helpless cries erupted from her mouth; only bringing more pain to her heart and chest. Whimpers escaped her chapped lips through the suppressed sound of hiccups. 

For a split second, she heard incomprehensible chattering, her ears blocked them, focusing on the current situation the girl was experiencing. The pain was immeasurable and she wanted to sob like a deranged human. She stood there, as she felt her fragile heart cracking like glass, spreading its pieces throughout her body. 

And there, her head shot up — turning into the pale color that is white.  

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Meanwhile, a woman in a plain hoodie was discreetly standing near. Her jaw clenched, she brought up the gripped walkie-talkie onto her red lips. Perhaps it was nefarious intentions beginning to cross her mind, for a malicious and satisfied smirk crept up the female's lips. 

"Now."  

Remember to Vote, Comment, and Share :)

Have a nice Day/Afternoon/Night...!

~2027 words~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.3K 2.1K 15
A story, of two imperfect souls falling in love. Doubts cross their minds. Denial - preventing them from loving their other half. Slowly helping each...
108K 4K 34
•LadyNoir July 2021 Prompt Fanfiction• Teen Fanfic - Aged Up AU "I know we both struggle with holding down a relationship, and obviously if villains...
189K 5.6K 22
This love square thing. You know. The usual. - Adrien and Marinette are Finally sixteen. And so are ladybug and chat noir. Ladybug and Chat have kno...
63.1K 1.1K 59
Ladybug is in love with Adrien but her new found love for Chat Noir has caused her to avoid him. Chat Noir's Love for Ladybug begins to fade as he re...