31 Days

By drealizes

"you'll understand it soon, just a few more dates left." she flashed a smiled and patted the seat beside her... More

Author's Note
PROLOGUE
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
EPILOGUE
Author's Note
SPECIAL CHAPTER

08

4.9K 304 221
By drealizes

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"really? you think?"

"yeah, besides, i really need to have a friend right now, life's getting harder per second." jiyeon stated, looking down.

"you do realize i'm practically courting you. i want you to see me as man, not as a friend."

"pfft. whatever. you're starting to speak nonsense. good night." she cut the conversation off. jiyeon pulled away from his grip and patted his fluffy hair until she finally walked away.

"don't start acting weird towards me yang jungwon! if you ever do, my answer will clearly be a no." she shouted, raising her hand up high though not looking back.

"good night to you too jiyeon." he whispered and laughed, walking home.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

the next morning, jiyeon was up, running around the house. the lifeless face of the girl appears to be different today. instead of sulking inside her room, blasting out sad music, she was out dusting off objects covered in webs while listening to music from her earphones.

heading to the kitchen, she showed off small dances, clearly vibing on her own.

"ehem, jiyeon—"

"don't worry mom. i'm not on drugs. i'm simply just happy today."

although her ears were distracted by the loud sound, she could feel her mother's presence coming near her. eventually, the elder pulled the buds from her ears.

"mom!"

jiyeon whined and turned around. "oh."

there stood jungwon. completely witnessing the embarrassing moment. "jungwon? what the hell are you doing here?"

"language young lady."

she scoffed and pulled the boy out of the room. leading him inside hers. she closed the door and leaned against it, hands hidden behind her back. "so?"

"i was walking by your house earlier and your mom passed by, so she invited me for breakfast."

"please as if that woman cares about my friends—"

and then jiyeon realized.

he was still wearing his uniform.

"DIDN'T YOU GO HOME?" she scolded him, anger and worry mixed in her tone.

"i got carried away geesh. i was walking by the entire night until it was suddenly morning."

"you're going to get sick and i am in no mood to take care of you." she chipped in.

"you can borrow clothes from my brother. hurry up too. we're definitely not spending the day at my house. understand?"

"fine."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"hehe you look nice." she stated once he came out of the bathroom. "i look small."‎

"you are. now let's go." she again grabbed his wrist and took them out of the house.

"so where are we going? movie theater? arcade? park?"

jiyeon looked up to the sky, eyes nearly closing due to the bright sun. "i don't know, it's still early, the shops are barely open."

jungwon hummed, swaying their interlocked hands together. he lead them towards an open convenience store. jiyeon looked confused. wondering why he took them in here.

"ice cream for breakfast, really?"

"yeah why not?" he lifted his shoulders and handed her one. "besides, it's not everyday you get to do this." he continued.

jiyeon pressed her lips together— and ended up taking it from his hands. "thanks." she flashed a smile and exited the store.

"so...where do you want to go now?"

jiyeon giggled before answering. "let's go where the wind takes us."

"that's what you say about me." he laughed with her.

"i know. that's why i said it."

‎•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•‏‏‎

"jungwon over here!" jiyeon raised her hand up high, trying to get the attention of the boy who was slightly focused on places to go to.

the two were exploring the city. finding a way to enjoy the weekend. jiyeon was currently busy on the other end of a street while jungwon on the other.

she kept waving her hand high but still, no answer from him. "ah, this boy." she slapped her face and ended up just walking towards him.

once he was finally clear on her sight, she crossed her arms and sighed. "jungwon—"

jiyeon paused once she saw what was actually happening.

the reason why he was so distracted was because he was watching a giant mascot playing along with children. it was adorable.

jiyeon couldn't help but smile at the scene. the girl inched closer to him, slightly nudging his figure. "you miss being a child too, don't you?"

jungwon popped out of his bubble, lightly flinching when he suddenly saw her beside him. "b-but weren't you just—"

"i was calling you as loud as i can dummy. i had to go to you for you to actually hear me."

"sorry it's just that— i mean are you seeing this view? it's too cute to ignore." he squealed, clearly acting like a child.

jiyeon smiled. after seeing the boy who seemed serious the time she saw him enter the classroom face lighten up, it was a moment worth smiling for.

"tell me if you're done admiring the little kids, i'll be heading off."

"heading off to where?"

"there." jiyeon pointed towards the end of the street. it showed a roller skating center.

jungwon's eyes widen. "jiyeon! i can't roller skate. are you crazy? you should've told me."

"i can't skate too! that's why it's perfect." she twinkled. eyes almost shining.

jungwon shook his head, showing a no. "if both of us can't skate, then we'll both end up getting hurt."

jiyeon didn't listen. she went to the back of the boy and pushed him near the center. jungwon was not having it. his own feet dragging his entire body. "jiyeon. i don't want to do this..." he continued whining.

the girl scoffed, stepping aside. "you're scared aren't you?"

"scared? pfft. no way!" he practically screeched, standing straight.

"perfect." she spoke, clasping her hands together once they arrived. jiyeon took his hand and brought them inside. "two please." she lifted two fingers. the receptionist gave two pairs of roller skates towards jiyeon. she returned a bow and lead both of them to the rink.

"here." she handed the other pair. jungwon hesitated. jiyeon frowned and knelt down, removing his shoes and inserted the skates.

"jiyeon—"

"if you fall, i will catch you. if i fall, just catch me. if we both fall, then we'll just get back up again. nothing bad is going to happen jungwon. just don't think of falling and you won't." she smiled when she lifted her head up to meet his eyes.

jungwon took a deep breath before entering the rink with jiyeon. she wasn't lying when she said she dosen't know how to roller skate, everything she has done since she entered was to stumble.

he on the other hand, was doing just fine. he skated with balance, trying to keep up on the girl that was so close to falling.

but in just a few minutes.

they both got the hang of it.

"hey jungwon!"

"yeah?"

jiyeon didn't answer. instead she spun around, showing off her new learned skill.

he beamed at her, attempting to follow the stunt she was doing, and he did. jiyeon tried seeking the stunt again but this time...she struggled.

jungwon was quick to notice. he skated as face as he could and fortunately, he got hold of the girl's waist. he pulled her back, keeping her figure close to his embrace. but as jiyeon predicted, they both fell on the ground.

jiyeon hissed while rubbing her bum. her eyes met with jungwon and they both just start to laugh.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

the sun was seen setting.

jungwon and jiyeon were on their way to head back home.

"sorry about earlier. i hope your arm doesn't hurt anymore."

"it's alright. as long as you're safe."

"that's nice. well i got to get going, see you again tomorrow jungwon—"

"hey jiyeon? just one more question."

"yeah?"

"is it okay if you really take me seriously this time?"

it took a while for her to answer. although just the thought of the fun things they did today, jungwon really does make her happy.

this time she has to have the guts to give a reply.

she entered her house door. the next second, her head was peeking out.

"think about today jungwon. then you'll know that the answer's pretty obvious."

and shut the door close.

‎‏‏‎ •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 7.1K 33
𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝟮 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 ❛𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘❜ 𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦. ♡𝘍𝘢𝘬𝘦-𝘋𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘈𝘶♡ Sunghoon felt a wave of guilt wash over him. After all, no gi...
480K 21.7K 18
"You really want this divorce to happen?" Sitting by the bedside after Jungkook stepped inside the room, I just watched as he loosened the tie around...
19.2K 573 21
"Please. Please! Please let me go! I don't want to be here. I want to die!" "I'm so sorry but I can't let you go until I know you won't run away and...
12.5K 579 15
"Could she hold me for just a little longer?" "Just a little." en- yang jungwon ff short story ¿ start: 01/18/22 end: 03/03/22