23

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"it wasn't my intention to hide it from you. you're not supposed to be the one handling my problems."

jiyeon was quick to speak. sure it's nice to know that he'd be there when the others won't, but that doesn't mean she should just stand there and let him fix the situation.

"so i guess i'll just let you rot in there, while they bury you with their insults, is that what you want?"

"you know that's not what i meant."

"then why does it feel like it is?"

she painfully meets his gaze. he wasn't angry nor disappointed. he looked pained and betrayed; she was to blame herself again.

"your dinner yesterday? yeah i had to learn about that from your friends instead of you yourself. so you'd take the blame even if your parents were mad at me?"

jiyeon went rigid on her exact same spot, hands starting to get colder and colder.

"h-how did you know about that?"

"so you're going to keep that a secret from me too huh?" his mouth let out a fake laugh, gaze remained up to the sky.

"it's better if my dad insulted me in any way he can possibly do. i'm not going to let him hurt you for doing something that isn't even bad."

she kept trying to convince him. saying how all of this was just a conflict that has gone wrong. but on the other hand, he wasn't buying it, still wondering how much damage he caused her in a short amount of time.

"i just wished you asked me to stand up for you. we both caused this anyways— not just you, but i did too."

"you don't need to spend time on my bullshit—"

"THAT'S THE PROBLEM!" he paused, realizing he had went too loud that even the lass was afraid and had already closed her eyes shut.

"because it's not just your bullshit...it's ours."

jungwon's voice starts to strain; it was now completely obvious that he was shattered inside. jiyeon knew she went too far. he was right, she should have told him the problem instead of keeping it to herself.

"you know what's the worst feeling in the world is kang jiyeon?" his voice cracked, looking down to hide the bits of tears flowing from his face.

of course she wasn't able to respond. it hurt her seeing him in pain because of her. she once again disappointed a person that means a lot to her.

"is when you love someone who doesn't even trust you..."

there he said it.

he said it pretty darn well.

jiyeon's shaky eyes shockingly squinted many times. she somehow can't process what jungwon had said.