21

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

jiyeon froze on her spot, hands curling up into a fist.

how could she forget?

"it's obvious that you no longer have any interests on our son." mrs. kang looked disappointed as she and her husband stood up and was ready to leave.

"you must be joking. i-i could never forget that
date—"

"oh but you did jiyeon. i guess we had too high hopes on you. minjun loved you very much, how could you possibly just toss him aside this quick?"

she looked down, fighting back the tears that were about to fall from her eyes. what could have made her fail to recall his birthday? just because she focused on someone else during one day, she's already in deep trouble?

"there must be a misunderstanding her mr. and mrs. kang. i-it slipped my mind the last second!" jiyeon deeply apologized, even approaching the two who looked at her with devastation.

"it's all that boy's fault! i told you to avoid him. bravo! kang jiyeon has failed us one more time!" her father butted in, mocking a loud applause.

"dad, please stay out of this—"

"boy? jiyeon, are you not telling us something?"

the girl's pulse went higher, she was anxious and cautious to the point that she can no longer keep her eyes dry the very next moment.

"yes there is, but—"

"i think we've heard enough..." mr. kang spoke, leading his wife to the door.

"you family must discuss this before you drag us in. all we want was your loyalty towards our son jiyeon, was it really too much to ask?"

and the door loudly slammed shut.

"nice going jiyeon!" the elder scolded, deeply staring at the poor girl who couldn't even look back up.

the room was hot and tense. their helpers were hiding behind their own quarters, scared that they might get fired if ever they try to defend on any side.

"it wasn't my intention to forget..." her mouth managed to speak up tough not meeting her father's eyes.

"where is the man? i will beat the crap out of him—"

"DAD STOP!" jiyeon screeched, holding tightly on the man's wrist, making sure he does not get out of the house.

"YOU'RE NOT HEARING YOURSELF JIYEON! ever since you've met jungwon you've been fucking yourself up just like before."

"HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!"

"CORRECTION. HE HAD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THIS."

the man and the daughter remained shouting at each other, her mother trying to pull back his husband to avoid hurting jiyeon who looks like she does not give a damn about one single scratch.

"we forgave you jiyeon...you didn't even bother to attend your own boyfriend's funeral. now you're just here, checking up on some guy you saw at your school? why does it have to end up this way? WHY? JUST WHY?!"

"BECAUSE I LIKE HIM GOD DAMN IT!"

jiyeon's dad stood aback, shock about three specific words that came out of her own daughter's mouth.