13

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"leave? why would you want to leave?" he cackled, pinching her nose until he realized that she wasn't actually joking.

"wait, y-you're being serious? but where would we even go? shops are closed at this time."

"that doesn't matter. anywhere. ride a train even. just not somewhere here. i feel like getting out of this town can clear things off of my mind."

he didn't fight back. the lad quickly took hold of her wrist and ran. jiyeon was shocked and frozen about the sudden movement but she decided to follow along— it's what she wanted anyways.

"where...are...we...going?" she panted after saying one word from another. he didn't stop his run, only glanced back to her and raised a brow.

"somewhere not here? i guess.."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"i-i don't understand, how is this exactly out of this town?" jiyeon stammered, as she scanned the scenery which still looks familiar.

"that's where the fun starts." he grinned.

jungwon stared at the view, they were currently in front of an open train station, his eyes focusing on the train tracks while the girl felt completely confused.

"are we going on a train? damn it jungwon, i was only joking when i said we can even ride a train— i don't have money to buy a ticket right now— you know what? let's just go home, the moment has passed anyways."

the guy let out no hearable response. he held her hand, the grip even tight as ever. jiyeon inserted her free hand on her skirt pocket, leaving jungwon the way he had planned.

"do you trust me?"

"what?"

"do you trust me, kang jiyeon?"

she pressed her lips together, she locked her eyes with his own, checking if he wasn't messing with her.

"i do."

jungwon let out a smile in relief. in just a few seconds, he dashed the both of them out of that area, running somewhere jiyeon wasn't aware about.

the two figures were now placed on a bridge right on top of the train. jiyeon was muddled; still having no clue about what the other is planning to do.

"alright. do everything i say—"

"i'm not risking my life if you order me something that's impossible to do."

he scoffed, rolling his eyes. "just follow my lead, you'll be fine."

he went silent after. jiyeon took a few steps forward to be at the same line as his. jungwon gazed at her for a second and faced back to the view underneath the bridge.

a new train was approaching. the vehicle's size was starting to grow bigger and bigger as it came closer to them.