25

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

12:00 AM.

"jungwon? you're still up...why?"

failing to give a response, jungwon remained rested on his bed. thoughts empty. literally just empty.

the voice came from sunoo who was also his roommate. while he rested on his side of the room, he, was also concerned since he hasn't heard one utter coming out from him for a while.

"jungwon."

"JUNGWON!"

"what?"

"you're acting so weird today, care to tell what's going on?"

"it's not like sharing it to you will help."

predicting what would happen next wasn't hard. the moment he starts to reject and ignore, there was no escape to him not giving in.

"geez i'm just trying to be nice. what? do you want me to go get jiyeon from the other building because for some reason she manages to soften your personality?"

ouch.

"can we not talk about her?"

sunoo sat up. "what? why?"

"doesn't matter." jungwon stood up from his mattress, going outside the room for fresh air, hoping it will help make everything slowly process since it still wasn't.

from the look of his window, nothing special came into mind. classic view of the town, boring people in a hectic to whatever they are up to. it's becoming too grey.

and then there was this girl.

she was all alone. passing by couples who didn't even bother to notice her existence. she looked invisible when in reality, she was obviously standing out.

kang jiyeon.

a name that his tongue failed to roll out.

it seemed like she was going back to her building, though he couldn't read her emotions. she was wearing a cap that was too big for her head while she also faced the ground.

"just a second ago, you told me you don't want to talk about her. yet here you are, watching her figure in the middle of the night."

as sunoo butted in, he knew something wasn't feeling right. but since jungwon was barely speaking, he fished out his phone and leaned against the window.

kim sunoo:
hey yena are you up?

kim yena:
i guess, jiyeon barged inside the dorm loudly so now i'm wide awake.

kim sunoo:
oh really?

kim yena:
yeah really, why?