PROLOGUE

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"are you sure you really don't want to come?"

"i told you i'll pass, i'm not in the mood to watch a horror movie tonight— but you guys enjoy."

"it won't be that fun if you weren't there-"

"final answer. i'm not coming, now get going you'll be late."

"fine."

a young girl watched her friend slowly exit the school doors. once she was no longer in her sight, her focus went back to her phone in which she was using to listen to music.

this is kang jiyeon. a young adult from the city. she was rather the classmate you'd always find funny and basically just makes everyone laugh.

—until she finally matured. no longer playing around the hallways; instead to just go to school properly—because according to her parents, it was too childish for a girl like her.

jiyeon, as well, never was an exchange student. she's been at the exact same school her entire life, she wasn't allowed to move anywhere else. but that story was meant to be told some other time.

"well, that's enough studying for today, i really need to get home before curfew." jiyeon sighed as she let go of her pen.

incoming call from kim yena...

"yena i told you-"

"yes i know you told me you'll be okay alone, but you're really missing out." she heard yena whine from the other phone.

"listen here, i'm not in the mood to look for a new boyfriend, i have better things to do than to worry about someone who'll probably just end up leaving me."

"i understand you're playing safe but you really need to move on."

jiyeon wasn't even listening. she knew where this conversation was heading to. to her it was just a daily saga of yena trying to set her up.

she later on let out a sigh. "whatever. i left the keys under the mat outside the dorm. i don't want to wake up in the middle of the night just to open the door for you, bye."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"but jiyeon—" before yena could even continue she heard the call drop. the girl rolled her eyes and inserted her phone inside her pocket and looked around the place. "didn't expect the amusement park to look this good right heejin?" yena smiled while nudging heejin's arm who was also part of jiyeon and yena's friend group.

"can't believe we ditched a horror movie to be here." heejin mentally scoffed.

"it's fine."

"well...to be honest, you're right. i didn't expect the school to put this much effort when they sponsored this park, heh."