08

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"really? you think?"

"yeah, besides, i really need to have a friend right now, life's getting harder per second." jiyeon stated, looking down.

"you do realize i'm practically courting you. i want you to see me as man, not as a friend."

"pfft. whatever. you're starting to speak nonsense. good night." she cut the conversation off. jiyeon pulled away from his grip and patted his fluffy hair until she finally walked away.

"don't start acting weird towards me yang jungwon! if you ever do, my answer will clearly be a no." she shouted, raising her hand up high though not looking back.

"good night to you too jiyeon." he whispered and laughed, walking home.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

the next morning, jiyeon was up, running around the house. the lifeless face of the girl appears to be different today. instead of sulking inside her room, blasting out sad music, she was out dusting off objects covered in webs while listening to music from her earphones.

heading to the kitchen, she showed off small dances, clearly vibing on her own.

"ehem, jiyeon—"

"don't worry mom. i'm not on drugs. i'm simply just happy today."

although her ears were distracted by the loud sound, she could feel her mother's presence coming near her. eventually, the elder pulled the buds from her ears.

"mom!"

jiyeon whined and turned around. "oh."

there stood jungwon. completely witnessing the embarrassing moment. "jungwon? what the hell are you doing here?"

"language young lady."

she scoffed and pulled the boy out of the room. leading him inside hers. she closed the door and leaned against it, hands hidden behind her back. "so?"

"i was walking by your house earlier and your mom passed by, so she invited me for breakfast."

"please as if that woman cares about my friends—"

and then jiyeon realized.

he was still wearing his uniform.

"DIDN'T YOU GO HOME?" she scolded him, anger and worry mixed in her tone.

"i got carried away geesh. i was walking by the entire night until it was suddenly morning."

"you're going to get sick and i am in no mood to take care of you." she chipped in.

"you can borrow clothes from my brother. hurry up too. we're definitely not spending the day at my house. understand?"