26

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"when does this program start?" jiyeon huffed as she closed her book, dropping it inside her bag once she finished reading the entire story.

"probably an hour more. you know you can't tame these students, literally teachers struggle for these kids to listen to them that easily."

"we're basically the animals in the zoo. the only difference is that the actual animals in a zoo can still be under the owners' hands and not scream at each other."

"yeah, you have a point."

"of course, i always do." yena scoffed and practically rolled down to the soft grass, failing to find another activity to do while waiting for so long.

seconds turned to moments, moments, turned to minutes. jiyeon was suffering in lack of interest. and so she stood up from the bleachers, heading back inside.

"hey hey hey, where are you wandering off to miss kang?" her adviser stopped her way, jiyeon nervously gulped.

"heh, i'll just go get a bottle of water from the vending machine."

"alright then. hurry up, we're about to start."

once the elder has passed by, the girl couldn't help but let a huge sigh and dragged herself to the vending machine.

the appliance was at the other side of the school; standing at her own feet, hands folded on her back, jiyeon whistled through the entire walk.

"fuck." she spoke under her breath when she noticed a group of friends surrounding the beloved vending machine she was searching for.

to be specific, it was jungwon's group of friends.

"i swear to god. weren't they just playing soccer a while ago?!" the lass silently screamed, running to hide inside an empty classroom.

jiyeon fiddles with her fingernails, slowly sliding down the door for a short while. she looks to the tiny window of the thick wall, peeking to see if they were still there.

she makes sure to dock from time to time, not ready to have an awkward conversation with jungwon's friends— and jungwon himself.

"please leave, please leave, please live." she recited, clasping her hands and placing it near her lips.

loud bickers and laughs were heard despite the big block of the classroom walls; until they finally started to walk away.

jiyeon again seeks up, and there they were, going back to the field since the event was about to start.

"finally." she exhaled in relief and slid back to the floor; unfortunately, she accidentally kicked one of the tables causing a loud noise. the crowd wasn't rowdy so it was very visible to hear.

just when she was about to launch another curse word, she immediately covers her mouth with both of her hands, knowing that they might still be there.

in panic. jiyeon looks up and there left was jungwon, eyes wondering to where that sound was coming from. she crosses her fingers, hoping that he would now really go away.

she watches jungwon slowly turn around and catch up with his friends. jiyeon smiles as her pulse finally stops to beat faster. she slowly stands up and exits the classroom while running her hand through her hair in exhaustion.