31 Days

By drealizes

"you'll understand it soon, just a few more dates left." she flashed a smiled and patted the seat beside her... More

Author's Note
PROLOGUE
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
EPILOGUE
Author's Note
SPECIAL CHAPTER

09

4.4K 283 108
By drealizes

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

he stood there. beyond belief.

but a spark was felt.

of course he didn't feel it. his feelings remained confused.

yet, he took that as a yes.

"yes!" he shouted in success. jumping up and down, he knew something was bound to be improving.

the guy took out his phone and dialed a number as he strolled down the long path.

"hello?"

"sunoo? where are you? i have something to talk about."

"at home. hold on, let's meet at the park near your place."

"great."

jungwon hang up then saw a notification pop up from his screen. he clicked the notice without reading the messenger.

kang jiyeon:
i'm not stalking you or anything. i just heard you talk to sunoo from the phone. don't tell them i know about the deal.
let's do this as a revenge for forcing you to go out with me hihi.

he read her message and quickly looked up to her bedroom window. he saw jiyeon, holding her phone as she glared deeply towards him.

before he could say a word, she gave him an eye-to-eye warning and held her curtains closed.

the boy chuckled and focused back on his phone.

yang jungwon:
not your best come back but sure. i don't really care.

kang jiyeon:
just don't say a word that i told you last night, now get going before my dad notices you standing there for the past 5 minutes.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"so, what's up? is this about jiyeon? if it isn't, i am not interested." sunoo welcomed himself and sat beside jungwon on the bench.

"don't worry sunoo, it is. just sit down."

"great." he grinned, ears all in.

'don't tell them i know about the deal.'  he could imagine her voice ringing inside his head.

"things have been going great."

sunoo squealed as the younger spoke, knowing his plan was working out just fine.

"i have a question though."

"yeah? what is it?"

"how did you guys suddenly become...i don't know, so close?"

jungwon looked at the boy beside him. a touch of confusion painted on his face. "what do you mean? wasn't that the point of this deal?"

"yeah but how long has it been? 3 days? jiyeon really must like you." he laughed, patting jungwon's shoulder.

"she doesn't."

"then how come you guys are always together?"

"jiyeon's lonely."

sunoo looked at him. "hm? come again."

"we're close because, she needs a friend. someone to talk to."

"you know that you should be thinking of a plan to make her yours—"

"of course that's the plan. earlier she just told me that.." he paused, almost letting out the promised secret.

"that what?" the other questioned.

"nothing."

sunoo sighed in defeat. there was no way he could make jungwon say what he wants to hear. he's competitive as hell.

"ah jungwon, if only you knew.." sunoo whispered standing up, gesturing him that he's going home.

"i heard that. what am i not aware of?"

he inserted his hands at the pockets of his coat, looking back one last time at the clueless boy sitting down.

"it's better if you hear about it from jiyeon herself, see you on tomorrow."

•❅──────morning──────❅•

"i'm off to school!" jiyeon yelled, putting on her stockings and shoes, securing its strap. later on snatched her lunchbox that was resting on the kitchen counter.

"are you sure you don't want me to drive you home?" her father asked while brushing his teeth.

"i'm old enough to take the bus dad. have a little faith in me." she rolled her eyes and exited the house.

"lessen your time with that boy!" she heard that yell from inside.

"he's just a friend. gosh!" she yelled back and walked to the bus stop. swaying around her lunch bag while the other was hanged behind her back.

she looked around the atmosphere. it was quite empty, it was just cars driving by or students walking to school like her.

"hey jiyeon!" a voice yelled.

the girl looked ahead and there stood heejin. with yena waving from behind. a smile printed on her face and then started running towards them.

"it's been a while since we walked to school. so your dad dosen't bring you to school anymore?"

"i don't want him to take me to school. they're treating me like a baby that last thing i need is you guys to do the same."

"is he still not over about the..?"

jiyeon shook her head as a no, walking pass them to enter the bus. yena ran up to the vehicle and sat beside her on the seats. "it's almost been two years, why is your dad still holding onto the accident."

"it's annoying as fuck. it's like i will do the same thing over and over again."

"did you tell jungwon about it already?"

she looked at her. "no. he doesn't need to know." the girl sighed and rested her head on the window. she knew yena and heejin were coming for her. they were about to ask what's been going on between jungwon and her.

"i've noticed though, you've been distant. guess jungwon's the only thing you need after all." heejin spoke, joining the conversation.

there it was.

jiyeon smiled to her reflection on the window. the time has came where she's going to play along.

"well, he asked me out. i let him hear his part, so i guess we're friends. but there's no way you guys can make me like him more."

"anything's possible jiyeon."

"anything may be possible but the chances are very low. i don't need a boyfriend. i don't even know why he started to approach me in the first place."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

the three girls arrived the school. yena and heejin were inside their own classrooms while jiyeon had free period.

she was wondering around the second floor, looking for jungwon. "who are you looking for?" someone whispered behind her ear.

jiyeon flinched and looked to her side, seeing the person she was seeking for. "they're onto us. my friends think i'm not aware of the deal so i'm good. how about you— is everything okay?" she stopped talking when she glanced at jungwon who was distracted by his own thoughts.

inside his mind, he was curious. although he promised jiyeon that he wasn't going to ask about her secret, the conversation with sunoo yesterday tempted him more.

jiyeon wasn't that dumb. he knew sunoo was onto him too. everybody did know what happened to her last year.

as much as she wanted to forget about it, the accident is still haunting her. now that jungwon is courting her, she knew he should have the right to know what he was getting into.

but jiyeon was stubborn. she wants past to remain past. she was hanging out with jungwon to move on, but jungwon keeps his interest towards what the people were saying about her.

it was selfish because it has been a long time.

'if you really want to show your friends that you want to love again, then tell jungwon.' her conscience fought.

she looked back up to him, still lost in his thoughts— she lightly flicked his forehead.

"there's no denying you're curious too aren't you?"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 5.1K 34
"i love you. i love you so fucking much. " he whispered into my ear, locking me into his arms and covering my mouth with his hands. "say you love me...
139K 7.9K 32
Hwayoung works as a young therapist and meets Yang Jungwon, her classmate and now, her patient. He suffers from anxiety and PTSD due to his mistreatm...
168K 6.4K 33
𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝟮 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 ❛𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘❜ 𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦. ♡𝘍𝘢𝘬𝘦-𝘋𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘈𝘶♡ Sunghoon felt a wave of guilt wash over him. After all, no gi...
17.5K 519 21
"Please. Please! Please let me go! I don't want to be here. I want to die!" "I'm so sorry but I can't let you go until I know you won't run away and...