31 Days

By drealizes

"you'll understand it soon, just a few more dates left." she flashed a smiled and patted the seat beside her... More

Author's Note
PROLOGUE
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
EPILOGUE
Author's Note
SPECIAL CHAPTER

11

4.4K 279 188
By drealizes

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"really?"

"trust me, i won't." jungwon reassured, holding her hand tightly. he felt her smile, sighing in relief after realizing she wasn't feeling under the weather anymore.

"i'm sorry if i can't bring myself to tell you about my unfortunate gone times, it's not like i don't trust you, i'm just not sure how to explain it in the best way."

"i won't pressure you to tell me jiyeon. i just hope that you're not forcing yourself to find somebody new if you haven't let go of whatever you experienced."

she let a smile after hearing those comforting words. no other being ever thought about what she was feeling deep down. they were only after her to know about the gossips and rumors.

"whoever's going to end up with you will certainly be lucky jungwon. if they ever end up playing with your feelings, i'd come after them."

the boy laughed when he heard those silly words come out of her mouth. "what if you're the one who ends up with me?" he stared down at her.

"you don't know that—"

"that's why i'm asking."

"well," she paused, thinking of words to describe what she's feeling inside. "i guess crying won't be part of my life most of the time."

jiyeon spoke straightforwardly. from the observation of today, he's the type of guy who'd never leave you crying, always trying his best to give the comfort a person is needing.

"i can't directly tell how i feel about you right now, but i hope you know that i'm not trying to waste thirty-one days of your time."

the lass patted his head, messing up his hair.

"so what do you want to do now?"

"i don't know." he shrugged. "maybe you should go home. i don't think it's safe if you keep moving and moving, you need to rest."

jiyeon shook her head, signaling a no. "i'm fine—"

"i'm taking you home and my desicion's final. i won't take a risk if it's about your safety."

•❅──────next day──────❅•

"hurry up jiyeon! we might miss the bus." yena yelled from the other end. she, along with heejin shouted towards the other girl, jiyeon, who was walking in like a snail.

jiyeon's two friends currently sat at the bench provided by the bus stop. yena was impatiently waiting and heejin being forced to do so by yena.

jiyeon basically forced herself to go to school today. she had too much fun watching her favorite shows to the fact that she overslept.

her legs carried her entire state, eyes barely open, and her hair messed up as if she got electrified. "yeah hold on we have plenty of time." she yawned.

their loud groans were heard even from afar. of course the willful girl won't listen, she's the most stubborn person they know.

the two had no choice but to drag jiyeon to school. speaking of which, the person was currently leaning onto a post, even cuddling onto it. that's how tired she was.

"we could just ditch her here. as if she cares about her education anyways." heejin smirked, nudging yena's arm.

"you do have a point— wait what— no shut up heejin! if we leave her here we might end up dead the next day." she hit her arm back, walking to fetch jiyeon.

yena wrapped one of jiyeon's arms around her shoulders, heejin did the same. they let out grunts, struggling to walk.

"you can shave her eyebrows off. i'm fine with that."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"you've been hanging out less with us, jungwon. doesn't jiyeon ever get tired of you?"

"are you kidding me? you guys brought me into this. now you have the audacity to complain?" he answered, a tint of sass in his tone.

sunoo rolled his eyes, sadly the one experiencing jungwon's attitude side. "where is she anyways? don't you two go to school together ever since you came?" he questioned.

"that was one time. i accidentally bumped onto her when her dad drove her to school. i'm not taking the risk to earn insults from her dad if i'll wait for her to arrive everytime. he's kind of mean you know?"

"he's just protective about jiyeon when it comes to boys," sunoo reassured, patting his shoulder. "she did tell you about what happened to her two years ago right?"

there came the topic he was avoiding. "i don't want to pressure her to tell me. if i finally earn her trust, then i'll gather the confidence to ask her."

"speaking of which, i'll go find her sunoo. see you at whatever class we share."

"okay bye."

jungwon flashed a smile waved goodbye. when sunoo's focus was on something else, he entered his class. his eyes looked for jiyeon, but then he saw her at an unexpected sight.

it seems like jiyeon was once again asleep but then there was heejin...holding a razor?

he ran up to the two to take a closer look but little did he know he just saved jiyeon from having no eyebrows.

"heejin?"

"hold on whoever you are, i'm busy— oh. hey jungwon." the girl quickly stood up, hiding the sharp object behind her back.

"were you just—"

"you didn't see anything." she warned and slapped the back of jiyeon's head and whispered. "you're lucky your boyfriend's here to save you. better watch out though." and left.

jungwon, still confused, sat on his seat and again watched the person beside him. "where the hell did she get a razor anyways?" he asked the sleeping figure. "whatever. sleep tight jiyeon." he patted the part of her head where heejin slapped and slept as well.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

a loud sound of the bell was heard.

jungwon woke up to the sound of bell. he rubbed his eyes to fully wake up and fixed his hair later on. then he looked to jiyeon's side. "still sleeping huh?"

"i'll wake you up later. you must've been tired from yesterday." he chuckled, talking to no one and left the classroom.

"well, well, well. look who finally decided to eat lunch with us." sunoo clapped, the others followed along.

"what are you guys talking about? i just ate lunch with you yesterday."

"sure. now let's go eat. i'm starving."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

the atmosphere was loud and chaotic. dozens of people talking at the same time, sharing what is on their minds.

jungwon silently ate his food as he listened to his friends' stories.

but just a few minutes in..

..he was just as loud as them.

he talked about his old school, described his best memories while being there. sometimes he'd join the conversation one of them was gossiping about and sometimes, he'd chip in stories about jiyeon.

but not anything private. he was also scared of the girl.

"ah, if only you were here earlier jungwon. jiyeon was the school's clown, if you're ever feeling down she was always there to cheer you up and—"

jungwon stopped listening when he felt something buzz from his phone.

incoming call from kang jiyeon...

he hurriedly answered.

"jiyeon? why are you calling from the classroom—"

"jungwon this is yena. please come quick. jiyeon passed out while sleeping!" a panicked voice was heard from the other line.

the lad almost dropped his phone in shock. he stood up as quick as he could and ran to his classroom. "hey yang jungwon, where are you going? we're about to get ice cream. don't ditch us again!"

"i can't! jiyeon needs help." jungwon yelled back. he ran and ran until he saw the girl that made him worry.

he didn't hesistate and yanked jiyeon who now rested on his back. he held her tightly and rush to the nurse's office.

once they arrived, jiyeon was now safe in the nurse's hands. jungwon watched from afar, hands clasped together. when he was already allowed, he approached jiyeon, who was still not awake.

"jiyeon swallowed too many sleeping pills— don't worry, she's safe jungwon."

"God, you're so annoying. please just wake up."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 362 35
"You may now kiss the bride" Is the marriage what she wanted .... Will she fall in love with the boy who loves her selflessly, a story about a boy...
12K 577 15
"Could she hold me for just a little longer?" "Just a little." en- yang jungwon ff short story ¿ start: 01/18/22 end: 03/03/22
168K 6.4K 33
𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝟮 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 ❛𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘❜ 𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦. ♡𝘍𝘢𝘬𝘦-𝘋𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘈𝘶♡ Sunghoon felt a wave of guilt wash over him. After all, no gi...
16.9K 1K 43
[COMPLETED] "Why are you doing things that makes my heart flutter?" And silence engulfed the room after I said those, again I regretted spitting out...