31 Days

By drealizes

"you'll understand it soon, just a few more dates left." she flashed a smiled and patted the seat beside her... More

Author's Note
PROLOGUE
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
EPILOGUE
Author's Note
SPECIAL CHAPTER

20

3.5K 241 474
By drealizes

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"what?"

"didn't we agree that no serious feelings should be developing towards that guy?"

"yes we did dad, did you see me kiss him?"

"he was—"

"answer my question."

"no."

"then no serious feelings were confirmed. don't be too worried dad, it's too weird to think that you're so curious about a teenager girl's life." jiyeon scoffed, walking to the front door.

her father's eyes never left jiyeon. she seemed too suspicious. the fact that she was standing straight, not even bothering to look at his dad, he knew something was going on.

"move dad, let me in the house." jiyeon spoke, slightly trying to shove his father aside.

the elder looked stern. he was even dressed too formal for a casual sunday dinner. they might have probably made plans without telling jiyeon. again.

"we have guests in there later."

"what why? it's just supposed to be you, me, and mom at the dining table tonight."

"don't you remember?"

jiyeon confused as hell, practically was leaning over the railing, crossing her arms as curiousity filled her eyes.

"dad? what's happening? i don't understand."

her father pinched his nose and let out a huge exhale, keeping his hands rested inside his pockets.

"just wear more formal clothes, minjun's parents are coming over."

jiyeon's breath hitched, she beated her chest for a few times before finally standing up on her feet. at a certain point, a part of her body was panicking to see the parents of someone she loved dearly talk to her about what is now going on in her life.

"and you didn't even try to ask me? dad! this is minjun's parents! up until today, i can still see the disappointment in their eyes whenever i make contact with them." jiyeon finally raged, walking back and forth.

"oh they will be disappointed once they find out someone new is entering your life." he mocked, entering the house and slamming the door close.

jiyeon flinched, eyes even closed. she then glared at the door, completely feeling pissed. she screamed and screamed yet no noise came out. she was mad and it was the exact same reason over and over again.

"FUCK!" she yelled, stress building up inside her. she wasn't satisfied at all. just when she's finally in a good mood to meet her family, it gets worse and worse.

"watch your language!" the neighbor shouted back making her startled.

jiyeon jumped off the staircase of the front door, needing to have time to herself. she kicked every pebble that came her way, putting all of her anger to it.

"i hate it here." feelings mixed with anger and shame, she didn't do anything wrong, but why does it feel like she did?

taking out her phone from her bag, she hastily dials yena's phone number.

"hello?"

"yena, where are you?"

"i'm at a bus station, i'm heading off to the dorms. why? what's wrong?"

"stay there. i'm going to the coffee shop, i need company."

"call heejin or someone. i have to carry many things so it's a no."

"i'll help you carry it then."

"as if, get lost."

"no i promise i will this time."

"fine."

jiyeon ends the call and starts to head off to the bus stop, wanting to get out of there, not even bothering to say hi to her mother.

she puts up a new face full of attitude. she didn't want to meet minjun's parents today. she could already imagine them thinking how a failure she has become.

"yo kim yena!" she imitated a yodel, trying to earn the other girl's attention. jiyeon galloped to yena, head-locking her when she approached her.

yena didn't bother shouting. she was used to her goofing around, though she knew jiyeon was hiding something again.

"what did your dad say to you this time?"

"how'd you know?"

she grinned, patting jiyeon's back. "we've been friends for years kang jiyeon. i know your attitude whenever you get pissed off by something or someone."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

the two ended up strolling in the mall, finding the best coffee shop to stay at. yena was walking finely as she scrolled through her phone. as for jiyeon, she struggled with all the bags yena brought to the fact that she was even dragging her feet.

"why do you need to bring so many things to the dorm? i barely have space from my things, everything is occupied by yours."

jiyeon kept groaning. earning weird stares by the people she passes by too.

finally arriving, yena entered, jiyeon following right after her. she ordered for the both of them while the other rested on one of the seats.

"here's your coffee." yena smiled, sliding the hot container to jiyeon's side. delighted by the scent of the drink, she calmed down and made herself comfortable.

"so..." yena started. "...care to tell what your dad did again?"

"he invited minjun's parents over for dinner tonight." jiyeon rubbed her eyes in an instant, letting the reality sink in.

yena frowned. "but, isn't this the very first dinner after such a long time? you refused to join their dinners ever since...you know.."

"i know, and that's the worst part. what am i supposed to say? good evening mr. and mrs. kang, glad you accepted the invitation to have a meal with your son's murderer." sarcasm filled her tone.

"jiyeon don't say that."

"it's true, i just know my dad will bring that up anytime soon."

yena could sense that she was feeling troubled and scared just by looking at her state, her hands are always clasped together; it was her habit to avoid panicking.

"if ever things don't escalate well, call me, call heejin, or even jungwon. i'm sure he'd prioritze whatever you tell or ask him to do, he's a nice guy."

"i don't want to ruin his night..."

"then call me, i know i haven't really asked you how you were doing after the accident...but i'm here now! i'll always be here jiyeon, always." yena held her friend's hand, reassuring that she'll be by her side most of the time.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

honks were heard from outside.

jiyeon stood in front of the tall wooden door. it was as if her life was depending on the people who were about to enter. she took one last glance at the mirror, checking if she looks fine and proper.

it was as if she was being suffocated.

"fix your posture honey, the kangs are high classed people, don't embarrass us." he father slapped her back making her stand tall.

the couple were approaching the door, jiyeon took a deep breath before opening the door. she held tightly onto the doorknob and twisted it open.

"good evening mr— oh."

jiyeon paused when she felt mrs. kang's embrace. her hands hesitated at first but she slowly melted on the hug and rested her hands on her back.

"come in, please." she breaks the hug and steps aside for the two guests to enter.

jiyeon was left to close the door as the elders were already seated on the dining table, looking expensive as ever.

she follows along, instantly sitting between her mom and dad.

just in a few minutes...they were already sharing stories about their kids, jiyeon remained silent, only munching onto her food.

"so jiyeon, how's your college papers?" mrs. kang spoke, making jiyeon the center of attention. she faced up, trying to think of an answer that won't disappoint them.

"it's good so far, i have some pretty good candidates to go to."

she saw them nod, that's when mrs. kang and mr. kang looked at each other with an excited smile.

"we have good news for you dear.."

jiyeon suddenly painted a pressuring smile.

"we successfully got you a spot in one of the best schools in the states! all you have to do is do your best for their requirements and we'll handle everything."

her heart sank. the nightmare is starting all over again. that fact that she was building herself up, it suddenly becomes a waste since it was all prepared for her all along.

"that's a great offer! but i—"

"jiyeon is willing to take it. thank you so much, we don't know how to give gratitude for this wonderful opportunity."

the girl's blood started to boil. she didn't want to go out of her home. she wants to get into a college knowing that she deserves it.

"jiyeon sweetie? is everything alright?" mr. kang mentioned, noticing that the lass was not even paying a single smile.

"i don't want to take the offer."

her father was flustered and furious. she knew she was going to be in trouble but it's better to say it now or never.

"i think you have misunderstood. this will change—"

"change my life for the better? yes, i've heard that speech from minjun too. i apologize mr. and mrs. kang, but i would rather go to a school i worked hard for on getting into."

jiyeon slammed the table. the guests were very shocked about seeing this side of her.

"i really have to go. i don't even know why my dad invited you two without anything special happening today. it's just a regular sunday."

she forced a laugh and picked up her bag from the chair to head off, wanting to get out of there right this second.

"you really don't remember what's with today?"

jiyeon stopped on her tracks, slowly turning her heel towards the couple.

"it's minjun's birthday today jiyeon."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 2.1K 32
"I can't hide these feelings anymore. When you were partnered to me as my assistant detective, I thought that you couldn't do anything right. I thoug...
35.5K 1.9K 29
[DAYDREAM SEQUEL] "Sunoo hyung," Jungwon's voice was filled with worry as soon as I accepted the call. "He's back," he paused. "What?" I stood up. So...
335K 17.5K 44
"you made me so fucking crazy, you know? i've never wanted to destroy someone as much as you." didn't your mom tell you to not talk with strangers? e...
12K 577 15
"Could she hold me for just a little longer?" "Just a little." en- yang jungwon ff short story ¿ start: 01/18/22 end: 03/03/22