Pretend (Harry Styles) - Book...

By Posh777

-Sequel to Almost Lover and All of Me- Harry & Ava Engaged Expecting In Love Three things holding them togeth... More

Pretend
Chapter 1: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 2: Plans
Chapter 3: "Everything's good."
Chapter 4: Two Weeks
Chapter 5: A Last Minute Change of Plans
Chapter 6: Teasing and Toasting
Chapter 7: Foolproof
Chapter 8: Fainting Spells Before Wedding Bells
Chapter 9: "I do."
Chapter 10: Speeches and Surprises
Chapter 11: "Only us."
Chapter 12: Rules
Chapter 13: Star Gazing
Chapter 14: 100%
Chapter 15: "Just nonsense."
Chapter 16: "Just tell her."
Chapter 17: Another Lie
Chapter 19: Apologies and Regrets
Chapter 20: Broken Promises
Chapter 21: Overwhelmed
Chapter 22: "I'm so hurt."
Chapter 23: Boy or Girl?
Chapter 24: A Surprise
Chapter 25: A Proper Boxing Match
Chapter 26: "It's a...."
Chapter 27: "We're good."
Chapter 28: Confused
Chapter 29: So Many Lies
Chapter 30: Day Made
Chapter 31: Slow
Chapter 32: Safe.. Happy.. Okay..
Chapter 33: "Are they real?"
Chapter 34: "I'm sorry."
Chapter 35: "My wife."
Chapter 36: "Things will be different..."
Chapter 37: "You're something else."
Chapter 38: "For..ever."
Chapter 39: "Is it always like this?"
Chapter 40: An Accident
Chapter 41: "I know."
Chapter 42: "You alright?"
Chapter 43: The Best Thing
Chapter 44: Breaking Point
Chapter 45: Seeing Red
Chapter 46: A Life Changing Diagnosis
Chapter 47: "It will be worth it."
Chapter 48: Fresh Air
Author's Note
Chapter 49: "Something?"
Chapter 50: "She needs you right now."
Chapter 51: A Complete Mess
Chapter 52: Focus
Chapter 53: It Worked
Chapter 54: "Come to me."
Chapter 55: "One picture."
Chapter 56: Seven Words
Chapter 57: Anger
Chapter 58: A Phone Call
Chapter 59: Good?
Chapter 60: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 61: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 62: Reasons
Chapter 63: "I always need you."
Chapter 64: A Slap Across the Face
Chapter 65: The Real Plan
Chapter 66: Conflicted
Chapter 67: "Always."
Chapter 68: Perfect
Chapter 69: Just Us
Chapter 70: The Truth
Chapter 71: Moments
Chapter 72: Completely Content & Perfectly Happy
Authors Note

Chapter 18: "What did you do?"

14K 523 63
By Posh777

16 Weeks Along

-Ava's POV-

I take my phone off airplane mode as the plane is taxied to the gate, it buzzing numerous times the second I do so.

Thirty two missed calls, four new voicemail messages, and twenty three new text messages.

All from Harry.

The flight was over fourteen hours long. And I'm still just as upset as I was when I boarded the plane.

I waited for him. In the hotel room as long as possible, the lobby calling me multiple times letting me know my taxi was downstairs waiting. I dialed his number multiple times, he didn't answer. By the time I got to the airport I was visibly upset, and not in the mood for the pap that was following me around. Thankfully he was escorted out and I was left to sit waiting to board alone. I sat in the uncomforatble grey chairs until I heard the last call for my flight announced over the loudspeaker.

I expected him to show up. But he didn't.

From the missed call log on my phone, it took him exactly ten minutes after my flight took off to realize how horrible he had been. I listen to one apologetic voice-mail after another as passengers get up around me, pulling their bags out of the overhead bins.

'Av... I... Fuck I'm such a bloody wanker. I'm here, at the airport. You're gone. Can't believe I did that... Fuck I'm sorry. Just ring me alright? I feel terrible. Please Ava... I love you.'

"Ava.. I just wanted you to know how much I love you. I do.. very much. Didn't mean what I said... you don't make things out of nothing. Quite the opposite of that in fact. Shouldn't of spoken to you that way... never should speak to you that way. I'm so sorry love. Please ring me as soon as you land.'

'Just got back from the show. Laying here in bed trying to go to sleep. Won't be happening.. not with how I feel. I know you haven't landed yet, and I'm sounding a bit like a broken record here... But I'm sorry and I love you. Call me yeah?'

'Hey, it's me. Again I know. Thought maybe you'd landed by now... guess not. Really need to hear your voice, make sure you're not hating me. You should be... but I hope you aren't. Really hope you aren't... Fully expect a proper smack across the face when you get back. Deserve it and more I reckon. I love you Av. Ring me soon alright?'

I sigh when the last message plays through, stuffing my phone down into my purse and throwing my bag over my shoulder. I'm the last one to exit the plane, the stewardesses giving me a sympathetic smile. My lack of sleep and upset mood are clearly apparent. I feel disgusting, inside and out. God I wish I could have a drink right now. I guess I can blame that on Harry as well. Probably shouldn't, but right now I don't give a damn. Everything is his fault.

If it wasn't for Poppy, waiting for me outside my gate with a huge smile on her face, I most likely would of ended up crying in an LAX bathroom. She grabs me into a hug quickly before holding me at arms length, a frown overtaking her face.

"What did he do?"

I blow out a long breath as Poppy looks at me sternly. "Ava..."

"What does Harry always do?..." I shake my head, trying to fight off tears. I'm to emotional, crying over this. It's cause I'm pregnant. Which is cause of Harry. Again, his fault.

"Hmmmm." She raises an eyebrow as she takes my bag, "If we're talking Daddy Styles then I would say lying... keeping secrets.. All while flashing you a dimpled grin and making you want to bonk his brains out."

"Precisely."

"I'm sorry love. Thought he was past all that rubbish."

"Me too." I wipe my eyes, cursing the tears slipping out of them, "I just wish he would trust me enough to tell me what's going on."

"Don't think it's about trust." Poppy puts an arm around my shoulder as we head for the exit. "It's Harry. Always so afraid of mucking things up that he mucks things up. Does that make any sense?.. Doesn't matter. I've popped him in the face before, have no problem having another go at it."

"You punched Harry?"

"Of course!" She laughs like I'm being ridiculous, "Surprised you haven't done it yourself a time or two. Was aiming for his nose though... bloody Niall grabbed me so I only got his cheek."

"I'm surprised but also not surprised." I chuckle, shaking my head at the mental image of Niall holding Poppy back while she swung at Harry.

"I've a splendid idea.." A smile suddenly overtakes her face as we step outside. "Let's go back to yours and I'm ordering loads of food. What's those places you always get take away from? The chicken place and that cafe that has those amazing crab legs. Oh, and that Korean barbecue! And Bogetta Louie.. best macaroons I've ever had!"

I laugh as we stop in front of a taxi, handing the driver our bags. "You want to order from all those places?"

"Yes! And anymore you can think of." Poppy smiles as she slides in the backseat next to me, "You're pregnant and I'm your best mate and godmother of your child. Therefore I'm pregnant by association. We've both more than enough reason to stuff our faces like proper pigs for one evening."

By the time we're done with dinner, I've never felt more full. It was all delicious and thoroughly missed being I've been away from L.A. for so long. We laughed over stories of Poppy's most recent escapades, gossiped about Finn and Gem's blossoming romance, and managed to get drunk enough on food to dance around the living room for a bit.

It was almost enough to distract me from thinking of Harry. Almost.

When I finally slide into bed I'm exhausted. And still upset.

But I know I need to call him. Not matter how much I hate to admit it, I want to call him. The thought of him pacing the hotel room, tugging on the ends of his hair, stress lines working their way into his face... I couldn't not call him. I feel bad for not calling him the second I landed. The second I listened to all those voicemails and read all those texts.

Maybe I'm a horrible person, but I wanted him to sweat a bit.

There's two more voice-mails on my phone when I grab it off my side table, and I burrow myself down into my covers as I press play.

'Av... I just checked your flight. Said you landed a little over an hour ago. Maybe your phone's dead? Ring me soon alright? Worried... Sick over it. Love you.'

'Ava please answer me. I... You got in over four hours ago now. Know you know I've called.. bout a million times now I think. Fuck Av... I need to talk to you. I'm sorry... so so sorry. Please ring me back. Doesn't matter what time... just... baby I need to apologize. Please let me apologize. Alright.. well I'll hear from you soon yeah? I love you.'

I rub my hand over my face as I hold the phone up to my ear, pressing down on Harry's name. It barely makes it through the first ring when it's answered.

"Ava!" His voice sounds breathless, like he ran to the phone. "Baby, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I was wretched to you, I know it. Should of... can't believe I missed saying goodbye to you... to the baby. I feel awful. Please forgive me... Please love. You've no idea how sorry I am."

I stay silent, only hearing the sound of his quick and deep breaths.

"Av?....You.. You there?"

"Yeah." I say quietly.

"Love... I'm... I'm so sorry. You know that yeah?"

"Yes."

"You alright? The baby alright?"

"Yup."

"Ava... just... please talk to me."

"Why?"

"Why?... What?... Cause I want to make sure we're okay." He takes a breath. "Are we?"

"Sure."

"Don't... Please don't do that. I'm sorry Av. Couldn't mean it more then I do. How... How do I make this right?"

"Tell me."

"Tell you?" He questions, the anxiety clear in his voice. "Tell you what?"

"I'm going to go."

"No don't." His breathing quickens. "Alright? Just... don't hang up. I need to make this right."

"Then tell me what's going on. Can you do that or should I just go to bed?"

"Yeah... Yeah I can. I just... It's not... Not something I want to tell you over the phone."

"That's convenient."

"Ava no. I just can't tell you over the phone."

"Why?"

He stays silent as one reason and one reason only stands out in my mind.

"You don't think I'll come back do you?" I question.

"No." He sighs. "Fairly sure you wouldn't want to see me again if I'm being honest."

"Harry... What did you do?"

"Not.. Not over the phone love."

"Did you- Did you cheat on me?" My voice comes out so quietly I can hardly hear it myself. Barely able to speak the question I've been so afraid of.

"What?... Why... You think I would do that?" His voice sounds pained. Hurt. "I wouldn't... Fuck Av of course I wouldn't cheat on you. I don't give a fuck about another girl. I love you. I'm not... Baby I'm... No Ava. NO. Hate that you'd even think that. Why would you think that?"

"The way you've been acting lately..."

"Ava." He cuts me off. "I know I've mucked up so many times. Done some right shitty things. But never... I would never fuck someone else. Ever."

"Alright..."

"No, it's not alright."

"I-I believe you."

"Do you?..."

"Yeah..."

"I need you to believe me Av. Fuck. I... I'm getting on a plane."

"What? No." I shake my head even though he can't see me "There's no reason for you to come here."

"No reason?" He chuckles, but there's not a ounce of humor in it. "My pregnant wife thinks I cheated on her."

"Harry.." I sniffle, unable to keep it quiet.

"Please don't cry baby. Please, please don't. I'm coming alright?"

"You can't."

"I can. Just have interviews tomorrow."

"You need to be there for them." I fight him, knowing it will just cause more problems for him.

"Fuck the interviews. I'm coming."

"No Harry."

"I'm coming. Leavin' for the airport now." I hear him shuffling around, something getting dropped on the floor.

"Just don't alright? I'll see you when I get back."

"No Av. I'm coming. I'll tell you everything when I get there. Promise."

"You really don't need to fly all the way to L.A."

"Won't be talking me out of it." He huffs, "I need to call about a ticket. I'll be there... tomorrow afternoon, your time. Alright?"

"Harry..."

"I'll see you soon. I love you. So much baby."

"I love you too." I barely get the words out before I hear a beep, signaling the end of our phone call.

I lay back on my pillows, only feeling worse then before. He's coming. All the way to L.A.

Oh Harry... What did you do?

___________________
Please vote!! ⭐️⭐️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 7 7
You and Harry Styles have been married for 3 years and are planning to expand your family, but who came up with the idea and how did it turn out? Fin...
543K 20.1K 54
Second Instalment Harry and Aubrey have found a blissful life in London. The incidents of the spring are past them, and they have moved forward...and...
1.6M 55K 100
-Sequel to Almost Lover- Harry and Ava One year later and still apart. Neither can seem to move past the love they shared. But could a chance mee...
78.8K 962 27
Sophia, Simple,Sophisticated, and maybe a bit of stupid when she finds out she might be pregnant with an unknown man's baby. She meets Harry, he's hu...