Pearl Rising

Av Chrissyvellis

Book Two takes us on quite a different ride. Two years on from Gifted, Pearl and Sylar are asked to help The... Mer

Authors Note
Fables and Truths...
One - Pearl
Two - Pearl
Three - Wolf
Four - Wolf
Five - Pearl
Six - Pearl
Seven - Wolf
Eight - Pearl
Nine - Pearl
Ten - Wolf
Eleven - Pearl
~ ~ Interlude ~ ~
Twelve - Willa
Thirteen - Pearl
Fourteen - Pearl
Fifteen - Sylar
Sixteen - Pearl
Seventeen - Willa
Eighteen - Sylar
Nineteen - Wolf / Cassius
Twenty - Pearl
Twenty One - Pearl
Twenty Two - Cassius / Wolf
Twenty Three - Pearl
Twenty Four - Willa
Twenty Five - Sylar
Interlude
Twenty Six - Pearl
Twenty Seven - Cassius
Twenty Eight - Willa
Twenty Nine - Sylar
Thirty - Cassius
Thirty One - Sylar
Thirty Two - Pearl
Thirty Three - Pearl
Thirty Four - Cassius / Wolf
Thirty Five - Pearl
Thirty Six - Cassius
Thirty Seven - Willa
Thirty Eight - Sylar
Thirty Nine - Pearl
Forty - Pearl
Forty One - Willa
Forty Two - Pearl
Forty Three - Cassius
Forty Four - Pearl
Epilogue
Yeah, Phew, thats me done!

Prologue

1.5K 233 135
Av Chrissyvellis

~ ~ 1998 KingsHead, Montana Mountains ~ ~

As if the Divine herself had taken a hand in fate.  The solar system would shift, allowing those to witness their bold colours in the velvet black of the night sky. 

Tonight, would bring a night not seen for nearly two thousand years.  The heavens were about to align.

The entire Kings Moon Pack assembled for this momentous occurrence.  The birthing of their future bloodline and the foretelling of rebirth. One that could not be prevented, but perhaps its fate altered in some small way.

To the South, in the blackness of the woods beyond sight, Four Elder Witches endured, rooted to their spots, palms up towards the blessing of the moon. For hours they had chanted in a language not spoken for eons.  Their individual positions aligned North, South, East and West, along Mother Earth's LeyLines, where the energy ran deep within the earth, like veins flowing in and out of the heart.  Each witch summoning the element nature had bestowed, Wind, Earth, Water and Fire. 

In the North, cries ricocheted from inside the pack house, Luna Melinda panted heavily, knees up towards her chest, her temples throbbed.

"Another push Luna," coaxed Eve, the pack's healer and a witch herself.  "I can see a head." The first twin crowned the birthing canal.  Glancing to her left, the full moon sat in its rightful position like a savoured dream over the skies, lifting the surrounding blackness into beauty.  Returning her attention to the birth of her Alphas pups, she felt the surrounding air change. 

Her Luna would need to deliver soon.

Melinda pushed with every ounce of her failing strength; eight hours would take a toll on any woman's body.  She shook as she bared down, pushing through the weariness.

"Please Luna—You must push."

Melinda's scream was heard far and wide as the cry of her first daughter made her entrance into the world.

Alpha Caleb King let out a sigh of relief as he looked down proudly at his mate, cupping her cheek.

Eve looked up. Pride swelled in her chest.  She had never doubted her Luna's strength. But time was of the essence. "I know that you're tired Luna, but we must prevail."

Melinda pulled her legs closer to her chest.  She could do this.  Hair stuck to her forehead, panting as sweat trickled down her throat, between her breasts.

Eve flicked her head in the Alpha Caleb's direction. She could see her Luna energy was almost spent. 

Caleb bent down, pressing a soft kiss to his mate's forehead.  "You can do this, my love. You are strong. The goddess herself blessed me with me the strongest mate."

Panting, Melinda took strength in his words.  A smile crept out of the pain etched across her face.  "Your love is what gives me might, my fearless, stubborn Alpha."

Eve lay a blessed shawl flat on the bed before lifting and placing the first twin. Her attention was drawn to the small crescent moon sat on the infant's right shoulder. Fate could no longer be refuted.  Muttering a blessing she swaddled her tightly. 

The infant gurgled as Eve smiled down.  Graced with hair as white as the purest star.  She pressed a gentle kiss to the new-born's forehead.  "You are sacred, little one. Blessed by the moon, the stars, the gods themselves." She lay the small child in the crib.  Returning to her Luna, she took up the position. 

A shadow crept across the floor as Eve didn't dare look—The eclipse had begun; time was of the essence.

"I can see the head of the second twin, give me another firm push Luna." She hoped her Luna would birth the second twin whilst light remained from the mighty giant in the sky.

The shadow's progression was swift as it swallowed the moon; darkness fell across the pack house as the second twin cries echoed around the room.

One candle offered light as Eve's eyes fell upon the infant's right shoulder, she too was marked with the crescent moon.  Quickly swaddling the second twin and as predicated almost identical to her sister, only hair as dark as the night she was born, would identify the two.

Melinda fell back down on her pillow.  Her body trembled and sagged with exhaustion.

Barely another moment passed, into the room burst an excited four-year-old.  First born, the next Alpha in line—Cassius King.  He jumped on the bed.  "Mama, look the moon, it got eaten."

"Cassius," his father issued a caution.  "Your mother is tired, young pup; you must be gentle."

He nodded his head. "Sorry, Papa."

Melinda let out an exhausted laugh, reaching out to stroke the cheek of her precious first-born. "Tonight, is special Cassius.  But do not fear, the moon has not been eaten, it shall return very soon."

Cassius looked up to his papa for confirmation, who nodded his head in agreement.

"Where is Orion, Cassius?" asked his mother.

Young Cassius shrugged his shoulders, his younger brother did nothing but annoy him at the best of times.

Melinda smiled. "Your sisters are here Cassius, go look."

Cassius scuttled from the bed and stood looking into the crib. "Why is their hair different?"

Caleb, about to answer when his head snapped in the door's direction. Fully opened, the chill whipped around his feet, sucking the warmth from his breath. But it wasn't the cold air that brought a shiver to his spine or the dread to his full heart.

Melinda looked up towards Caleb, squeezing his hand.  If the Elders had come—it could only mean one thing.  The tightness to his chest restricted his natural flow of air.  His wolf within growled.

The Elder glided as if her feet didn't touch the floor, towards the crib.  She smiled warmly, looking upon young Cassius. "Stand with your parents, young Alpha." She lay her hand on Cassius's head."

Cassius scrunched his face. He didn't like these females; knowing they differed from him and his family.

"Cassius, come now!" his father ordered.

Glaring at the witches for a moment longer, he lowered his eyes and went and stood with his father.

The Elders nodded and held hands surrounding the crib.  Blessings spilled from their lips, welcoming two old souls. 

The room quietened.  The Elder Witch looked toward the Alpha and his Luna. "We can protect both. But as with all in nature, a balance is needed. I must take a sacrifice."

Luna Melinda had readied herself for this moment.  The tiredness she felt only moments ago ebbed away.  Her resolve unwavering in its conviction. "I'm willing to pay whatever price to protect my daughters.  Take what you need from me."

The Elder smiled. "All magic is a currency of sorts, one which is earned and spent.  And as with all currency, we must pay debts.  Only those of pure soul can earn this very currency and bend it to their needs."

Alpha Caleb squeezed his mates' hand, not fully comprehending the weight of the witch's words.  "Whatever you need, you take from me." He would not let his mate sacrifice herself.

The Elder looked down on the twins, touching each of their small heads. "We will need a sanctified bond.  Two gifts—one of spiritual and one of physical."

The Alpha sighed, wishing they didn't talk in riddles.  Clear speaking led to clear-cut action.  Melinda squeezed his hand a little tighter; her touch calming. Without a moment of hesitation he would die to protect his mate, his pups.  "Take what you need from me, whatever this currency is of what you speak."

The Elder Witch shook her head.  "Your heart and intentions are admirable Alpha Caleb King, but you lack the required currency.  Your heart and soul are weighed in debt that cannot be erased."

Alpha Caleb followed the eyes of the three remaining Elders, feeling the weight of their stares on his son, Cassius.   The Alpha feared nothing or no one but, in that moment, he feared for his son.  "Remove your gaze from my son. His life is not up for bargaining."

The Elder was surprised.  "The sacrifice does not require a life Alpha."

"You said a sacrifice—currency.  Be clear in your instruction female."

"Be calm, my love. They only wish to help."  He looked down at Melinda, a tight smile on his face.  Inhaling a deep breath, his attention returned to the Elder.

"A bond Alpha.  The first-born twin will bond with your first-born son.  Bonded both physically and spirituality. And—"

She didn't finish before Caleb interrupted, holding up his hand. "If this does not take his life, then we are happy to proceed."

"As you wish, Alpha."  The witches turned. The Elder picked up one twin and Eve handed her the second twin.  "We will return shortly." 

Caleb felt an unease as if ghosts had passed through him. "How long... before you return?"

The Elder turned. "Time has its own flow and cannot be demanded by wind as water can, yet only passes with unique sanctity."

Caleb clenched his jaw. Endless riddles only aided to rankle his irritation.  He offered only a curt nod of his head as he watched them leave with their daughters.

Time did indeed pass and as the moon was surrendered from the eclipse, he sat on the bed next to his mate, stroking her head whilst she slept.  Both his sons played happily on the floor next to them.

"Papa." Cassius dropped the small wooden wolf he played with, his eyesight suddenly blurry.

"Not now, Cassius!" snapped Caleb, the weight of tiredness now upon him.

"Papa," his cry adamant.

Alpha Caleb looked down towards his son as Orion stopped playing and turned his attention to his older brother. "What is it Cassius, what is so important that cannot wait?"

"My eyes, Papa—I can't see...my eyes.  I can't see Papa."  The young Alpha scrubbed his knuckles relentlessly against his eye sockets.

Caleb sprang from the bed, lowering himself as he grasped his pup's hands in his.  "Open your eyes Cassius." 

"Papa—"

Alpha Caleb sucked in a breath. Silvery watery grey colour replaced his son's beautiful blue eyes. 

A pounding to his chest, he pulled Cassius toward him, hugging him tightly. 

What in the Gods had he sacrificed to protect his daughters?

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

3.1M 106K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...
9K 360 21
Welcome back! If you haven't read My Sister's Boyfriend, GO BACK (but not before following and adding this to your library) and CATCH UP! Wyd?!? ***...
792K 21K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
7.3K 290 37
Warning: Violence, swearing, abuse, and other sensitive topics - Read at your own discretion --------------- Fate can be cruel. Especially when an...