Pretend (Harry Styles) - Book...

By Posh777

-Sequel to Almost Lover and All of Me- Harry & Ava Engaged Expecting In Love Three things holding them togeth... More

Pretend
Chapter 1: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 2: Plans
Chapter 3: "Everything's good."
Chapter 4: Two Weeks
Chapter 5: A Last Minute Change of Plans
Chapter 6: Teasing and Toasting
Chapter 7: Foolproof
Chapter 8: Fainting Spells Before Wedding Bells
Chapter 9: "I do."
Chapter 10: Speeches and Surprises
Chapter 11: "Only us."
Chapter 12: Rules
Chapter 13: Star Gazing
Chapter 14: 100%
Chapter 15: "Just nonsense."
Chapter 16: "Just tell her."
Chapter 18: "What did you do?"
Chapter 19: Apologies and Regrets
Chapter 20: Broken Promises
Chapter 21: Overwhelmed
Chapter 22: "I'm so hurt."
Chapter 23: Boy or Girl?
Chapter 24: A Surprise
Chapter 25: A Proper Boxing Match
Chapter 26: "It's a...."
Chapter 27: "We're good."
Chapter 28: Confused
Chapter 29: So Many Lies
Chapter 30: Day Made
Chapter 31: Slow
Chapter 32: Safe.. Happy.. Okay..
Chapter 33: "Are they real?"
Chapter 34: "I'm sorry."
Chapter 35: "My wife."
Chapter 36: "Things will be different..."
Chapter 37: "You're something else."
Chapter 38: "For..ever."
Chapter 39: "Is it always like this?"
Chapter 40: An Accident
Chapter 41: "I know."
Chapter 42: "You alright?"
Chapter 43: The Best Thing
Chapter 44: Breaking Point
Chapter 45: Seeing Red
Chapter 46: A Life Changing Diagnosis
Chapter 47: "It will be worth it."
Chapter 48: Fresh Air
Author's Note
Chapter 49: "Something?"
Chapter 50: "She needs you right now."
Chapter 51: A Complete Mess
Chapter 52: Focus
Chapter 53: It Worked
Chapter 54: "Come to me."
Chapter 55: "One picture."
Chapter 56: Seven Words
Chapter 57: Anger
Chapter 58: A Phone Call
Chapter 59: Good?
Chapter 60: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 61: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 62: Reasons
Chapter 63: "I always need you."
Chapter 64: A Slap Across the Face
Chapter 65: The Real Plan
Chapter 66: Conflicted
Chapter 67: "Always."
Chapter 68: Perfect
Chapter 69: Just Us
Chapter 70: The Truth
Chapter 71: Moments
Chapter 72: Completely Content & Perfectly Happy
Authors Note

Chapter 17: Another Lie

13.3K 526 81
By Posh777

16 Weeks Along

-Ava's POV-

Warm hands grip my waist, pulling me back into a strong chest. Wrapping around me tightly.

"Harry, I need to pack."

"Arms are stuck.... Looks like you'll be having to stay."

His voice is slow and unbelievably deep. Raspy from just waking up. I tried to sneak away. Planning on getting myself all ready and packed before telling him goodbye.

I knew if I didn't this is exactly how it would go. He'd make it nearly impossible to leave him.

Soft kisses are pressed to the back of my shoulder as I glance at the clock.

"You're going to make me late."

"Can't leave without the proper send off."

"And what would that be?" I ask quietly, already knowing the answer.

Harry's large hand moves down my side and up under his tee shirt I have adorning my upper half.

That's the only article of clothing I managed to put on before we collapsed from exhaustion last night. Harry's discarded shirt was laying on the floor next to the bed, along with all our other pieces of clothing we quickly peeled off each other when we got to the hotel room.

The day had went by far to quickly. I was leaving the next morning, our first time away from each other in months.

It was silly really. We were only going to be apart a few days, five at the most. But we couldn't stop touching. Hands grasped firmly together as we walked along the streets of Rio. Hiding from fans and paps.

We had made a game of it. Both in to good of a mood to be bothered. Ducking into different shops and going so far as hiding underneath clothing racks.

The smiles on our faces lasted all day. We'd both left our phones back in the room, we had a bodyguard following us. We weren't disturbed by management or wary of being surrounded by to many fans.

By the time we made it back to our room we couldn't be satisfied with playful touches or flirty glances.

Our clothes hit the floor seconds before my back hit the wall. Our moans filling the air around us as I grasped onto Harry's shoulders, as his arms tensed from holding me up.

This morning was different.

Our actions were slow. Harry's fingers running across the smooth skin of my breasts unhurriedly. Taking his time to feel every inch before skimming down and moving between my legs.

He steadily worked his pointer finger against me. Pushing me to the edge as my breath grew ragged.

He knew exactly what he was doing. Exactly how to touch me in a way where I couldn't be silent.

I was still coming down as he pushed into me from behind, sliding easily between my legs and into my warmth.

We'd been in this position before, him spooning me. But it had never felt so intimate. Never had been quite so slow.

He was taking his time, not wanting it to end. I didn't care if I missed my flight, I wasn't going to hurry him.

His breath hit the back of my neck, my hair having been pushed away so his lips could reach it.

My eyes didn't open once.

Not until his body tensed. Not till my name fell from his lips over and over again. Not till he pulled himself from me with a heavy sigh.

"I love you." My voice came out hushed, breathless.

My body was turned around, Harry's arms moving me to face him.

His fingers push my hair behind my ear as he looks over my face.

"I love you. Very much."

"I don't want to go. I have to... But I don't want to."

"Love hearing that." He smiles at me softly, running his hand up and down my arm. "Missing you already, if I'm being honest."

"Don't tell me that." I whine lightheartedly. "Now I really don't want to go."

He chuckles lightly, pressing a soft kiss to my lips. His smile fades as he looks into my eyes.

"Everything alright?" I ask hesitantly as his entire mood shifts.

"I have... need to tell you something."

"Okay." I nod.

He takes a deep breath, his lips pursing as he blows it out.

"Know you asked the lads about me... That you've been worrying about me."

"Yeah.." I nod. "I wasn't trying to go behind you back or anything, I just..."

"No." He shakes his head softly, "Not getting on to you for it. I know you just wanted to help."

"Did something happen?"

"More like something didn't happen." He chews on the inside of his cheek as his eyes follow the movements of his fingers. Skimming up and down my upper arm.

"Did you not meet your sales mark again?" I question. Sales had been down since Harry and I's engagement was leaked. Management had a hay day over it. I could only imagine what's happening now.

"No..." He frowns, "It's not... not about work. Well... It is. But no... not like that."

"Alright. Then what is it?"

"I didn't...." He runs his hand over his face. "Don't quite know how to say it."

"Harry, whatever it is, we'll get past it alright?" I urge him on. After talking to all the guys a couple weeks ago, I had stopped my search to find out what was wrong. I decided to do exactly what Zayn said I should do.

I decided to trust Harry that whatever it was... he would take care of it. It would be alright.

Now as I see the anxiety and fear in Harry's eyes, I'm not so sure. And I'm a little scared.

"I... Well I didn't..." He stumbles over his words a bit, his eyes looking deep into my own. "We can't let anyone know about the baby."

"What?"

"Just for a bit is all." He says quickly. "Month or so."

My eyes narrow slightly as my forehead furrows in confusion. "We already agreed not to say anything till I was at least 20 weeks.."

"Right yeah... Right. Forgot about that." He looks past me, his eyes avoiding my gaze.

"Is that what this is really about?"

"Yeah... Course." He clears his throat. "Yeah. About the baby."

"Harry..."

"Glad we're on the same page." He cuts me off, his arms suddenly leaving my body as he sits up and swings his legs over the side of the bed. "I'll get your bag packed for ya."

"Harry."

"You're wretched at folding. Never listen. You've got to roll, not fold." He rambles off as he stands up.

"Harry."

He swiftly tugs a pair of boxer briefs up his legs, resting them low on his hips. "Know my own name love. Now up, need to get ready."

"Will you just talk to me for a minute?" I sit up, not done with this conversation in the least.

He doesn't respond, instead grabbing my bag off the floor and trying to organize the mess inside it.

"What is this really about?"

He glances up at me, "Bout what I said... The baby."

"Except it isn't." I get up, stopping at the end of the bed. Taking a shirt from his hands as his fingers fumble with it. "Just tell me Harry."

He looks down at me, snatching the shirt out of my hand. "Why... Why do you have to make something out of this?"

"You're not telling me the truth." I sigh, "I know you aren't."

"Always got to make something out of nothing don't you?" He shakes his head, leaving my bag on the bed as he pulls a pair of jeans up his legs.

"Out of nothing? Harry, you've been acting strange for weeks."

"Got a bit on my plate don't you think?" He questions as he snatches a shirt out of his bag and pulls it on.

"Yes. You have a lot going on. So let me help."

"Don't need your help."

I stay silent as he pulls his boots on and grabs his wallet and phone off the table.

"You're leaving?"

"Hungry." He mutters as he heads for the door.

"Harry.."

He stops, his hand on the door handle. "Do you ever stop picking?"

I flinch slightly as his harsh tone.

"You need to learn when to leave things be Ava."

"And you need to learn to stop hiding things from me."

He shakes his head, not looking at me once as he steps outside of the room.

Slamming the door behind him and leaving me with another lie.

________________________
Please vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.2K 189 21
Kate Carter used to believe she loved Zayn Malik. But when he joined One Direction, she met Harry Styles, and everything changed. A night with both b...
3.1K 7 7
You and Harry Styles have been married for 3 years and are planning to expand your family, but who came up with the idea and how did it turn out? Fin...
37K 561 31
Second book of the series, please go and read the first book 'One direction pregnancy series' don't forget to follow me and have fun reading
34.7M 313K 73
******READ A BIT OF MY LATEST CHAPTER TO SEE HOW MUCH MY WRITING HAS IMPROVED LIKE HONEST ITS SO CRINGEY I CANT****** Falling in love with your best...