Brody's Gem (Kingston Spin-of...

By unknownn2020

Kingston Spin-off #2 THE SECOND BOOK OF THE KINGSTON SPIN-OFF SERIES! Brody Kingston is fed up with his life... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Bonus)

Chapter 42

2.7K 89 11
By unknownn2020

**So I decided to give you guys a little snippet into Brody and Gemma's life since their relationship moved so fast. Brody's story is not over, and I love Gemma's character with all my heart so don't hate me for this.**

(9 Months Later)

**(Edited)**

Gemma's POV

I don't know where Brody is and I'm losing my mind. He was supposed to be home over an hour ago and I've called him ten times and he won't answer. I'm worried to the point of me vomiting up all my dinner and I'm sitting beside the front window in the hallway to look for him. I've been staring at the driveway for thirty minutes calling him over and over again.

I don't know where he is. I called Cruz and his wife, I called my mom, I called his quarterback coach, and the only one who knew where he was was his coach and he said Brody left at his normal time. I'm worried about him. Being pregnant makes it worse, it's like every emotion I've ever had had multiplied and tripled until I'm a mess.

When I feel the vomit rise I rush to the bathroom off the hall and drop to my knees launching myself at the toilet. I'm so sick of this, it was supposed to go away after the first trimester and it never did. I guess our little girl wants to make mommy puke. She's been kicking like crazy at my bladder, and she's already a handful. I remember the day we went to the doctor and she told us we were having a little girl. I cried I was so happy, and Brody was disappointed but I know he's still happy. I might go through this one more time so we can have a little boy but I was so happy to get a little girl to spoil rotten and so was my mom.

I'm just terrified of going into labor, so I haven't. I was supposed to get induced a week ago and I couldn't do it, and I freaked out. I had a panic attack, I couldn't breathe and I couldn't handle it. I'm not ready yet, and she's just going to have to stay in me until I'm ready. Brody being gone doesn't even help with the stress. I'm freaked out because I trust him, but I don't know where he is.

I wash out my mouth and brush my teeth before holding my back in one hand and big belly in the other and walk around the stairs to go up them. I climb up them and make my way into Adeline's nursery. We chose Adeline two days ago after literally reading names everyday until we both found one we loved, and her names Adeline Grace Kingston. I brought up the idea of naming her after Grace, and Brody immediately said yes, he still goes and sees her grave when we make it down to Atlanta for the holidays.

I start folding up onesies and repacking and organizing my hospital bag for the hundredth time. I just don't want to miss anything I might need and I don't want to forget the essentials. I'm nervous about giving birth, I'm scared of it and I haven't even told Brody. He found out when I couldn't do it a week ago and I can't do it now.

I sit down while looking at the pink walls and the teddy bears as I smile. It looks so good, and Brody did such a good job painting and putting all the furniture together while I bossed him around on the color choices. I look over at my ultrasound pictures and smile. My favorite one is hanging on the wall, my mom is there holding my hand, and Brody is rubbing my belly as the ultrasound technician does her thing. The doctor took it before she walked in the room and I love it.

I lean back before she starts kicking. "Hi Adeline. Are you being a bad girl?" I whisper down at my stomach before rubbing my hands under my shirt feeling it. I can't wait to meet her, but the birth of her, I want to skip that part. I rub the left side of my stomach as she kicks my hand and I smile. She only does this for Brody and I. She knows our hands because she won't do it for my mom or the doctor. She especially loves when Brody leans onto my stomach at night and starts talking to her. I swear I can hear her giggles already when he starts tapping his fingers over my belly.

I can't wait for them to meet, and I can't wait to see him walking around with our little girl on his shoulders. He's going to make and amazing father, he's perfect for it. I continue rubbing my belly as she keeps kicking.

"You want your daddy don't you sweet girl?" I ask as the kicks stop and I sigh. He's usually home with his head down at my stomach talking to her at this time and I'm losing my mind. I've already showered and I thought he was just late so I put his dinner in the microwave and I don't know what's going on.

I'm about to fall asleep in Adeline's rocking chair when I hear the alarm system going off and it scares me half to death. He's home finally. I walk down the stairs as I hear his signature walking in the kitchen and I found the corner. He opens the microwave as I stand at the doorway.

"Did you not think to call me? I was so worried about you." I ask behind him as he turns and I get a look at him. Here comes the puke. He's got lipstick on his cheek and his shirt is wrinkled.

"Where have you been?" I ask as tears fill in my eyes and I stare at him. "I was at football practice" he tells me as I cover my mouth and nod. I instantly walk away and to our room as I shut and lock the door. He didn't, he couldn't have. He wouldn't do that.

I cover my tears as I lean down and rub Addie. She kicked while he was talking, so she knows he's here and she's not going to leave me alone now.

I wipe my tears before grabbing a bag and I start packing it. I can't stay here tonight. "Baby what's wrong? Open the door." I hear him tapping it as I slip on a pair of joggers after taking off my shorts.

"Baby open the door right now and talk to me" he demands as I slip on a hoodie and try to force it over my belly.

"Gem I'm serious open the door before I use the key." He demands as I still. I forgot about the key, it's right above the doorframe. I'm in the middle of packing my bag when the door opens and he steps in.

"Do you want to tell me why you're packing a bag?" He asks while crossing over to me as I cover my face. He stands in front of the bed and reaches for me before he grabs my face and wipes the tears. Stupid hormones.

"Brody tell me right now where you were" I demand wiping my face as he shakes his head. "I can't do that" he whispers as I instantly sob.

"I didn't think you had a bone in your body that could but you cheated on me. You didn't even cover it up, look in the mirror" I demand as his face pales instantly. He looks behind me into the bathroom as he sees his face in the mirror and wipes the pink lipstick on his cheek.

"Fuck Gem, do you really think I'd do that?" He asks as I shake my head no. I don't think he would, but he's making me question it.

"Oh my god, baby come here" he demands to me as he pulls me into his chest and moves his hand down to rub Addie. She's constantly kicking and she's the reason I'm crying right now because of these hormones.

"Where were you?" I ask again as I pull away and he lifts the bottom of his shirt to wipe my face.

"Gem, it's supposed to be a surprise so you have to act surprised tomorrow." He demands as he smiles down at me. "I know how terrified you are of Addie hurting you during labor so I called a coach to teach us what to do and she's coming to see us tomorrow after your baby shower you never had. I know while I was away playing last season you didn't plan one, and you never got one so I made it happen. My mom, grandma, Kinsley, your mom, Eliza, Brielle, Presley, and even Shelly are staying with your mom tonight and they all are going to surprise you tomorrow when I convince you to go to your moms apartment for lunch. It was supposed to be a surprise, and the lipstick is from my grandma who grabbed my head and kissed my cheek like she always does. I went there after football practice and I helped set it up, and my phone died." He tells me as I wipe my tears.

I don't even know what to say. I knew he wasn't cheating on me. He's giving me a baby shower that I never got. "Brody, I don't know what to say other than thank you." I demand as he rubs down my face wiping the tears away.

"I promise it's hormones, I just thought the worse case scenario and I know you wouldn't cheat on me." I demand as I wipe his face off getting off the lipstick the best I can, except it doesn't fully come off.

"What does she wear?" I ask frustratedly as I try to scrub his cheek and he rubs down my back. "Gemma Cosmetics Super-Stay lipstick" he tells me as I blush and pull away. I should have guessed, it's just hard to remember everything we have ever made.

"You know I love you and Adeline, it was a surprise." He tells me as I nod. "I'll act surprised and all" I tell him as he nods and leans down and kisses me.

"Now how have my girls been?" He asks as he pulls away and lifts the bottom of my hoodie and throws it across the bed. He sees me in my white tank top as he drops to his knees and pulls it up so he's sees all my stretch marks and big belly.

"Hi Addie, did you miss daddy?" He asks as he rubs my belly and she instantly starts kicking again making me smile. She kicks his hands as he kisses the side of my belly making her settle.

"She's been doing that for an hour. I think she missed you a lot." I tell him as I pull my tank down and he smiles.

"I missed you too baby, but it was for a good reason. Now please calm down and get in the bed and rest." He tells me as I nod. I know I'm supposed to be bed ridden but I haven't been listening to the doctor. I went up the steps thirty minutes ago but he doesn't know that.

I slip off my joggers and put my shorts back on and throw my bag in the closet as he starts stripping off his clothes. He gets completely naked before he crawls up me and kisses down my chest and back up to my lips. "You look beautiful baby" he tells me while smiling as I scoff.

"You are full of shit. I look awful" I demand as he rolls his eyes and stands up walking into the bathroom. When he leaves I suddenly feel a gush between my legs but I ignore it. It's probably just the urge to pee. "You look good pregnant. I want to see it again six weeks after Addies here." He tells me walking over to the doorway as he makes his pecks jump and he gets into the shower. He's lucky I'm pregnant with Addie, he shouldn't push me right now or I might explode. I shift my legs as I cover the odd feeling and stay still.

He comes back a few minutes later still naked as he slips on boxers and walks into the kitchen. He hands me a bag of chips before he sits down on the couch in our room and eats his dinner I made. "I'm sorry I didn't call you. I didn't think you'd be upset." He tells me as I open the chips and the smell hits me.

I instantly stand up and run into the bathroom before I slam the door shut and I vomit. I puke my contents of acid and water up before I hear the door open and Brody walks in. "Baby, what's going on?" He asks while I grip the toilet seat for dear life crying as hard as I can as it hits me.

"I feel so bad" I demand as I rub my stomach and he starts rubbing my back. Then I feel another gush between my legs. "Why?" He asks as I glare at him and wipe my tears.

"The chips" I demand as he instantly starts laughing and taps my butt. "Come on Gem. You're being a little dramatic." He scoffs as I glare at his head, this asshole. He walks out as he takes the chips back into the kitchen. Then another gush hits.

"What the hell?" I ask as I stand and slip my shorts off before I start crying harder. "No, no, no, I'm not ready. No, no, no I can't." I demand as I see the water. My water broke which only means one thing.

"Brody!" I yell as he walks back in and starts, "Gemma I don't know what to do you need to calm down!" He tells me before I look down at my shorts and he sees them.

"Did you really pee yourself again. This is the fifth time this week Gem." He tells me as I flick him off and wipe my face. I grab my shorts and throw them in his face before he catches them and looks down.

"My water broke" I demand crossing my arms as I sigh. I am not ready for this at all.

"Oh fuck. I'll go get the bag. Come on, let's go get our girl out." He demands while smiling as he steps forward and grabs me into his arms. He lifts me up while I wrap my arms around his neck and takes me to the closet. He grabs me some new shorts and helps me slip on shoes before he slips on his own clothes and goes up stairs and gets the bag. All while I cover up my nerves. Here we go.

~~~~

"I can't. I can't do it." I tell her as she nods and motions for me to lift my legs into the stirrups. I'm not ready. I've been in this hospital for three hours, not three days and I can't do it. I'm not ready to be stretched and I can't do it.

"No, I can't" I demand as Brody sits behind me rubbing down my stomach trying to calm me down. I'm a crying mess, my hairs in a huge ugly bun that Brody put together and my moms holding my other hand.

"Gem, come on baby" Brody whispers as I shake my head no and no over again. I feel another contraction hit as I scream out in pain. I'm hurting so bad. My vagina already hurts, and I'm so scared.

"She hurts." I tell him as I cry into his big neck. "I know Gem. Baby squeeze my hand. Do you need ice chips?" He asks rubbing my shoulders while he reaches over and wipes my tears.

"I can't. I can't breath." I demand hiccuping as I feel another panic attack set in. I instantly start trying to catch my breath as Brody grabs me into his arms trying to hold me and the doctor nods to the nurse.

"Gemma, you're running out of time. She's ready to be pushed out. You demanded not to get the epidural and she's in position she's ready." She tells me as I shake my head no and don't move my legs as I clinch them tighter together trying to keep her in my body.

"Gem, it's going to be okay. She's going to be okay. You have to push." My mom tells me as I shake my head no. I can't do it. I cry as I squirm trying to keep the pain under control.

"Gemma, have you ever considered a water birth? We can put you in a tub right now that would help ease the pain and a lot of women have less immediate pain." The doctor adds in as Brody nods.

I see tears whelp in his eyes as he moves from around me. "I don't care what you do just make her stop hurting." He demands to the doctor. That's why I love him so much, I didn't even have to say yes. I stay still as I wipe my tears and my mom kisses my forehead.

"Gemma, you can push on this uncomfortable bed or you can push in the warm water. I'll be outside when you're ready for me to meet her. I love you baby, but I'm just in the way and you need to calm down." She tells me while rubbing my sweat off my head and kissing my forehead again. I squirm as I hold my belly and pray for the pain to disappear.

"I love you" I tell her as she kisses my cheek and walks out the door. "I love you too sweetheart. I can't help but I love you so much." She tells me as I nod and hug her arm before she leaves.

"Brody I can't do this" I whisper holding his hand as he wipes my tears and kisses my lips. "Baby you are the strongest woman I know. You can do it. I'm right here and I love you with everything in me and I know you can this baby" He demands as I shake my head no. I can't do this. I can't do it.

"It hurts so bad." I whisper back as he nods. "I know it does. She's getting some water right now, we're going to try something different to make it stop." He demands while lifting my back and rubbing down my sides. His hands instantly calm down Addie and me as I hold him in place.

"Please just stay right here, she doesn't hurt me as bad if you stay right here." I demand as I hold his hands and lean into his chest. I continue crying as the reality sets in. I'm already four centimeters dilated and it hurts so bad.

"I'm right here, I'm right here." He whispers to me as the nurses fill a small kitty pool full of water. It's big enough for maybe two people and I'm willing to try anything that doesn't make me hurt anymore. He holds me as they motion for me. He steps into the water barefoot as he holds me and sets me down on my butt. I keep my hospital gown as Brody sits down in his clothes right behind me soaking his body.

"How do you feel?" He asks while rubbing my belly as I cry into his shoulder.

"Brody it hurts" I demand as he takes a hand to rub my scalp and holds me into his chest as I sob. I cry as hard as I can as I sit in the water and he holds me.

"I'm so sorry. You'll never go through this again baby, never. No more, we will never go through this again because I can't watch you in this much pain because of something I did. " He demands while rubbing me as I cry as hard as I can.

"I'm sorry I'm not strong enough." I whisper as he leans down and kisses my lips. "Listen to me, I love you and it's going to be okay. You're okay, I got you baby." He whispers to me kissing my lips.

"I love you so much" I demand as he kisses me and I grip his hands over mine.

"I love you more baby, you got this. I'm your number one fan right here, and I must say, I've never seen a pregnant woman look as good in a hospital gown." He tells me making me blush.

"There she is, you've got this baby." He demands as I hold him. I just love him so much.

"What if she comes out dead from me not pushing?" I ask him as he shakes his head no.

"She won't. We'll do the c-section before then. I wish I could take the pain away." He tells me wiping my tears. But they keep flowing while he holds my hands down and I clutch him.

"Do you remember last month?" He asks rubbing my back. "What about it?" I ask as he takes my mind off of birthing Addie.

"When you thought your water broke and you only peed on the floor" he tells me as I sigh and roll my eyes at my handsome husband.

"Well I do. I remember that you told me I could make the executive decisions while you were in labor if I had too. We aren't having another child and I want you to take the epidural." He tells me as I sigh.

"I know you didn't want too but I'm not losing you. No more babies after her." He tells me as I nod. I can't make it through labor again. I'm hurting too bad.

"Yes." I nod crying into his neck as he lifts me back up. He grabs a the hospital chair and sits me in it butt naked as I lean over the over the bed table so I can get the epidural.

"She's ready for the epidural" He tells the nurses when they walk in. I'm containing my tears when I hear the doctor come in and administer the medication. I don't even look at the needle but I don't need too, I'm hurting.

"Okay. It's done." He finally tells us as I move back to Brody. He opens his arms and I move to his lap when he gets back into the pool of water. He sits down with me on his thighs as I clutch he tee.

My breathing has changed, and I know it's because I feel my body shutting down. My chest hurts and I don't feel like I normally do.

"Brody something isn't right". I tell him as I feel my arms go weak.

"What's wrong?" He asks as I softly whimper into his chest.

After ten minutes the water seems to settle me down before another contraction hits that doubles the pain of any thing else.

"TAKE HER OUT!" I yell at the top do my lungs as she slams down on my uterus and expands my vagina until it rips. I feel the tearing inside of me as I hike my legs up and the doctor rushes over to me. I can't take it anymore, she's killing me. It was fine for ten minutes and then it hit again.

"Take her out! I don't care anymore!" I demand as Brody rubs my stomach and grabs my hands.

"Gem I'm right here, calm down." He demands as she checks me. "You're only six centimeters, she's moving fast it shouldn't be to much longer. We're going to warm the water up and I want you to take some deep breaths for me." She demands while rubbing my legs.

I take a deep breath and try to breathe it out as I grab Brody's arm and I become lightheaded. "Baby, I love you. It's okay, I'm right here." He demands as I still.

"I don't feel good" I whisper to her as I lean back and I can't feel the rest of my body. I feel my stomach move as I suddenly feel everything go blank.

"Brody what's wrong with me?" I ask.

"Oh my god Gem. DOCTOR!" He screams as I see tears whelp in his eyes as my heart monitor drops. I'm dying. I reach over and kiss his lips before I reach for his hand.

"Babe I love you. Take care of her for me." I tell him looking up at him before I catch his green eyes for the last time and everything else goes black.

Brody's POV

Never again. She will never go through this again. I will not watch her be in so much pain when I'm selfish. She's holding onto me before I feel her go limp. "GEM?" I ask as I move her head around and her eyes are closed and she's completely limp.

"Get her prepared for a C-Section right now! Crash team!" The doctor demands as she stands and comes into the water and grabs Gemma. "Heart monitor!" She yells as I hold Gemma and try to cover my tears as she stays lifeless in my arms.

"Gemma? Wake up!" I demand shaking her as she stays still and lifeless. The nurses rush around me and I don't see anything that happens before Gemma's being lifted from my arms and pushed onto an operating table.

"Take him out" she demands towards me as I push the men off me and stand up ringing my clothes out. "You will not tell me to get out when my wife won't wake up and I can't see my daughter. Hand me fucking scrubs because I'm not leaving her." I demand as she sighs.

"Stay out the way and hand him scrubs. Scalpel!" She demands as I get pushed into the bathroom to change. I change into a pair of blue scrubs and rush back out to Gem as I grab her hand and rub her face.

The doctor keeps cutting her stomach as I rub her face and cover my tears. In crying for her, I hate watching her go through this. I hate knowing she's passed out because of so much pain. I forced her into this. "Baby, it's okay. Wake up, it's okay." I demand into her chest as I hold her face.

I hold her trying to wake her up for five minutes before tiny screams fill the room. Adeline. I rush down to look at her and see she's full grown and she looks just like Gemma. She looks like Gemma in every way possible. I cover my tears as I reach for her into my arms and take her away.

"Set her on Gemma's chest." The doctor demands as I lean to Gemma while holding our baby girl, she's beautiful. She's perfect, she's the most perfect thing in the world. I hold Gemma's hand and push Adeline into her arms as she stays completely still and then my world stops.

Her heart monitor flatlines. I instantly start balling out tears as Adeline cries as hard as she can and Gemma doesn't wake up.

"WAKE HER UP! I DON'T CARE WHAT IT TAKES! WAKE HER UP!" I yell moving Addie as I grab her into my arms and make them get Gemma. They instantly start compressions before they take Addie from me and I'm left standing here watching Gemma die in front of me. She can't. She can't die.

They bring in the shock pads and shock her seven times trying to wake her up and nothing works. I wipe the tears falling from my face as they start giving her oxygen and nothing works.

"She's gone." They whisper out to me as I drop to my knees and sob my eyes out while covered in her blood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

587K 14.9K 42
I looked at his eyes and put up a strong face. His eyes bore into mine as much as mine into his. It was like he could read my mind and reach out to m...
296K 8.3K 24
Kingston Series #1 THE FIRST BOOK OF THE KINGSTON SERIES! Tanner has his entire life planned out. He has a full ride football scholarship as the st...
320K 9K 25
Kingston Series #2 THE SECOND BOOK OF THE KINGSTON SERIES! **SEQUEL TO TANNERS TROUBLE** Ellie and Tanner went through everything together. They wer...
2.4M 91.2K 95
Chelsea Madison, 25, had a story book life. She grew up in Seattle, Washington with two parents who loved her very much, gave her everything that sh...